Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

crispix posted:

there have for a long time been a couple of nasty cunts there who really drag down the thread, yeah
Don't forget Fluo being hounded by Taff right up until he killed himself.

E: fluo apparently did not commit suicide. Taff did harrass the gently caress out of him despite being asked repeatedly to stop.

I used to have a PM from him where he talks about being at his wits end, think the mobile app cuts off the list at some point because I can only see it in my sent folder, but I do have the one where he says taff specifically told himself to go kill himself.

Absolutely great that Taff seems to have mostly left SA and be happily married, while the guy he drove to suicide harrassed is just a memory that everyone else has to deal with.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Feb 18, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
jesus i didn't know that - before my time there, but unfortunately not surprising

remember! Tufty says: don't be a oval office

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I didn't know it at the time, and I thought it was just 'Oh, he's the aggro one and it's all in good fun' until suddenly it wasn't.

Felt guilty for the longest time I was one of the people who played into the thread shtick and didn't always reply to his PMs.

Fluo was a good sort who was just overenthusiastic about microbrewing occasionally.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

rip fluo and his secret beer ingredient

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Can someone point me in the direction of the post about flou, please

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

aggro posting is good fun, and bantz, and a fine tradition of the website founded by a domestic abuser

Skulker
Jan 27, 2021

Duuuuuude!
Unfuck it.

His Divine Shadow posted:

There's a GBS UK thread too apparently and I looked into that one time, and by coincidence there was some guy there just making GBS threads all over Camrath, seemed to have a real beef with the guy and it just seemed to boil down to he thought he was too posh or something. I dunno what the point is, but that really got stuck in my mind after I read about his suicide and I couldn't help wonder what reading stuff like that about yourself would do if you were in a compromised mental state.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Don't forget Fluo being hounded by Taff right up until he killed himself. I used to have a PM from him where he talks about being at hits wits end, think the mobile app cuts off the list at some point because I can only see it in my sent folder, but I do have the one where he says taff specifically told himself to go kill himself.

Absolutely great that Taff seems to have mostly left SA and be happily married, while the guy he drove to suicide is just a memory that everyone else has to deal with.

Taff, and the guy who was razzing Camrath, are both cunty. But trying to pin suicides on them is beyond grim. Not to mention woefully ignorant of how suicide, and suicidal ideation, actually works. Both of you should probably give your heads a wobble and git the gently caress outside for a while.

Plus, giving the details of a mentally unwell person's confidential correspondence, just to score some kind of nebulous points against a Posting Enemy? What in the actual gently caress?

Skulker fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 18, 2024

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Fluo did not kill himself fyi
(Edit: I went through some old messages and realised we never got any confirmation of how he died but there was never any suggestion of suicide. When his Dad phoned me he didn't say anything like that, just that he died suddenly).

Also crispix we've been doing joke sixers in the thread since back when I was an IK of it and I figure even before that when it was a part of CCCC. It's pretty common in pretty much every subforum other than the "serious" ones like here in D&D. "Dr Cool AIDS" hasn't done anything different from previous IKs :thunk:

Solefald fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 18, 2024

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
oh yes, they have

they did it to me :catstare:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
eh really though it's just overused and tiresome, not my idea of funny

i'm good here thanks

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Aye I'm pretty sure Fluo died of some kind of illness, not suicide.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nice try skulker, but I don't think so. I'm not claiming Taff said the magic words that forced Fluo to end it - and it transpires that Solefald (who knew him better than me) says that's not how it happened.

E: poo poo, transpires yes I was saying exactly that.

You don't get to make accusations like that out of context, when the context is that the type of guy you're defending was in this specific circumstance ceaselessly harassing another poster.

When someone with clear mental health problems asks someone else to leave them alone multiple times; to then follow them around the site calling them a pedo because they thought it was funny that he used to have an IRL stalker who did that - and telling him to kill himself - is oval office behaviour.

I'm not trying to score points. I'm replying to crispix, someone I know from that thread, in furtherance to the issue they're raising.

We're all dealing with this site's absolutely dreadful past. We've all written and said lovely things in the past. It's an ongoing issue for the site that used to have an entire frontpage section dedicated to 'look at these weirdos on this other site' and arguably still has plenty of threads where that's an issue that mods and admins repeately have to intervene in.

The new admins have been trying their hardest to turn that around, but we don't like to admit that we still have those people around and we still have more than a few parts of the site that play up that behaviour.

And the point I was relating to crispix's post was that sometimes we end up letting that lovely behaviour pass for way too long, precisely because people feel like they can't raise it as an issue without some contrarian making false equivalences.

E: We all love to pretend sometimes 'oh that's just the thread mean guy, ragging on his favourite punching bag' sometimes, my point is we need to get better at identifying when it crosses the line.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 18, 2024

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

You literally say in your post that Taff drove him to suicide. That's incorrect and not on at all.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Was Flou the person who smoked loads of week, had a bong that was a mechanical marvel, and a family that threatened to kill him after their mother died?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

^^^ That's fuctifino, who is still very much alive and posting.

Solefald posted:

You literally say in your post that Taff drove him to suicide. That's incorrect and not on at all.
I can see how that's the more obvious interpretation, and if it's that unclear I'll edit it, but that's not what I intended. Nope, I did say that, very clearly, and it is not on so I've edited it.

The fact is taff did say that to someone who was already pleading with him to stop the cross-thread harrassment.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 18, 2024

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/STVNews/status/1759249463049109540

Four months late, but :toot:

e:

Bobby Deluxe posted:

^^^ That's fuctifino, who is still very much alive and posting.

Can confirm not dead (yet)

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

we can't put the blame and responsibility for self-harm or suicide on a third party - but that implies that (cyber)bullying is somehow value-neutral when it comes to mental health, as though it didn't cause any harm to the person targeted. that... doesn't seem right

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

The way Taff treated Fluo was loving poo poo, as was how a lot of people on the forums did. Taff was an absolute oval office to me too while I was dealing with some intense mental health issues at the same time and I have no doubt in my mind that the things he said or did to Fluo could have hurt him a lot. He was a nasty man who took pleasure in hurting people mentally both on and off the forums. No one is saying you can't hold Taff to account for his behaviour; or anyone else in fact.

There is not really much else to "interpret" from this though. It is an outright accusation that Taff drove Fluo to suicide.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

fuctifino posted:

https://twitter.com/STVNews/status/1759249463049109540

e:

Can confirm not dead (yet)

do these ghoulish cunts think that people in scotland don't know what they've been doing these last five odd months?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
also lool @ their wee podium soundbite, i'll bet on the other side it says

... but not the one it wants :smug:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Solefald posted:

There is not really much else to "interpret" from this though. It is an outright accusation that Taff drove Fluo to suicide.

Yeah I forgot how I worded that, so have edited. Sorry.

I didn't know him as well as you.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
At the point where genocide was obvious, the party line was "Israel has a right to defend itself."

The point where "the fighting must stop now," is the point where the support for gaza gets labour antisemitism back in the papers

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
We should all be nice to each other, imo, and if we can't, we should all be cunts to Keir Starmer.
Also, we should do that even if we can be nice to each other

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
I have instructions and details to my password vault upon my dying to post a ban me, I have no idea if it would be done to the point I am tempted to just dead man switch it in some way.

Like others I am worried about that whole “hey what if no-one finds me” but at the moment I have people I am in contact with on a fairly regular basis but it has got me thinking.

I never knew a lot of the people you are talking about, but anyone who makes fudge is good in my book.

Also, technically Labour can’t win the Rochdale by-election so maybe he should ask if he will this time.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Setting the over/under on him U-turning on this position at 13.5 days.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
That wouldn't be a u turn. It's just somebody stuck on a roundabout.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
if i die, I've left instructions to sell my account on the open market as part of my estate.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

NotJustANumber99 posted:

That wouldn't be a u turn. It's just somebody stuck on a roundabout.

death spiral, like when ants get lost

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Bardeh posted:

if i die, I've left instructions to sell my account on the open market as part of my estate.

just waiting for the rebound. membership will close and legacy sa users will sell accounts for thousands

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

fuctifino posted:

the meat of it will be in the detail of what conditions he is willing to call for to the ceasefire, given how everyone has just started using the word "ceasefire" now from everything up to "total surrender by all palestinians for whatever and in exchange i guess israel will stop firing for a bit"

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Skulker posted:

Taff, and the guy who was razzing Camrath, are both cunty. But trying to pin suicides on them is beyond grim. Not to mention woefully ignorant of how suicide, and suicidal ideation, actually works. Both of you should probably give your heads a wobble and git the gently caress outside for a while.

Plus, giving the details of a mentally unwell person's confidential correspondence, just to score some kind of nebulous points against a Posting Enemy? What in the actual gently caress?

I honestly don't remember who it was who posted it, they're not my posting enemy since I don't even know who it was. But it was something that's been bouncing around my own skull after Camrath died and I felt I wanted to actually get it out of my head by typing it down and saying it "out loud".

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I've just come across the full video of Reeves running away from genocide questions. A small snippet of the video went viral last week

https://twitter.com/MiddleEastEye/status/1758996104610201972

This is the correct thing to do whenever anyone sees a Labour minister

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Feb 18, 2024

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

crispix posted:

oh yes, they have

they did it to me :catstare:

You got sixered for posting about using the 'big dildo', wtf were you expecting

His Divine Shadow posted:

I honestly don't remember who it was who posted it, they're not my posting enemy since I don't even know who it was. But it was something that's been bouncing around my own skull after Camrath died and I felt I wanted to actually get it out of my head by typing it down and saying it "out loud".

If you're going to accuse a poster of driving someone else to suicide again I'd suggest not saying it out loud next time

This thread needs to take a really good look at themselves ffs

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011
I wouldn't mind having a posting enemy. Applications are now open.

I barely post so the successful candidate will likely defeat me by default.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

kingturnip posted:

We should all be nice to each other, imo, and if we can't, we should all be cunts to Keir Starmer.
Also, we should do that even if we can be nice to each other

I approve of this post. :thumbsup:

---------

edit: If i'm dead then it's a problem for the living, this wave will have returned to the ocean. :shrug:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 18, 2024

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Skarsnik posted:

You got sixered for posting about using the 'big dildo', wtf were you expecting

If you're going to accuse a poster of driving someone else to suicide again I'd suggest not saying it out loud next time

This thread needs to take a really good look at themselves ffs

Yeah I apologize I shouldn't have mentioned it.

Fucked-Up Little Dog
Aug 26, 2008

Posting live from the nightmare future of Web 3.0

Scratchmo

Phrakusca posted:

I wouldn't mind having a posting enemy. Applications are now open.

I will die defending pickled onion monster munch from this sicko

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011
:mad:

Phrakusca
Feb 16, 2011
Dog attacks: What can you do to protect yourself?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-68228780

The advice on this article is kinda crap. It basically seems to say "just give up" if the dog actually attacks. I'm not expecting a detailed breakdown on how to kill a dog, but if a dog is gonna bite you and you don't think you can avoid it, offer it something to bite (the last resort being your least favourite/weakest limb), and fight back. Otherwise try to get on top of it; these mean dogs are heavy, but most people are heavier.

And yes, I could beat any dog in a fight. Probably even a lion or bear tbh. Not a goose though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Dogs are pretty good judges of character. If one wants to kill you maybe it's got a point and it's for the best.