Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
The best thing about Charlie Kirk is that he was the young face of the Republican Party ten years ago, he is the young face of the Republican Party today, and Inshallah he will be the young face of the Republican Party until he dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

TulliusCicero posted:

I'm sure these "truckers" (and absolutely not Dealership owners/ Trucking company owners) will absolutely keep their jobs for refusing to *checks notes* deliver and pick up from one of the busiest ports in the world

yeah none of these people claiming they're going to forgo loads from NY are actually going to do it, they're just saying they are to feel good (mad)

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

steinrokkan posted:

he is the small face of the Republican Party today

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
why the small face

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Frank Frank posted:

Hey.
Hey I like you but this is gross. Take it back

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

MrMojok posted:

Just imagining walking around wearing those golden TRUMP! shoes and one of those loving red hats.

How to you complete this ensemble?

Poop your pants

blueblueblue
Mar 18, 2009
Not really sure why the GOP christian crazies want to go after IVF now. It seemed like every other "christian" couple I knew from high school or college had trouble conceiving for some odd reason and turned to IVF, and lots of thoughts and prayers. Maybe they were just more vocal about it?

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

MrMojok posted:

Just imagining walking around wearing those golden TRUMP! shoes and one of those loving red hats.

How to you complete this ensemble?

A tattoo on your chin that says "Suburban Legend" and a t-shirt that reads "I'm anti-groomer but..."

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

LOL these stupid fucks want to outlaw IVF and complain about birth rates. ok.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

blueblueblue posted:

Not really sure why the GOP christian crazies want to go after IVF now. It seemed like every other "christian" couple I knew from high school or college had trouble conceiving for some odd reason and turned to IVF, and lots of thoughts and prayers. Maybe they were just more vocal about it?

Most of the religious denominations love IVF. It’s really only hardcore Trad Cath weirdos and a few assorted extreme non-Cath denominations that have a problem with it.

White Evangelicals and Baptists (the fundies you think of when you think of Republicans) loving love IVF.

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

tek79 posted:

Holy poo poo. I just had an epiphany and my life might be changed forever after looking at this photo of Charlie Kirk. His face isn't actually small. It's... it's his head. His head is loving HUGE!!!! It was never the face! It was the size of his head all along. I think? Or am I just going crazy?

Also shocker most predictable thing of the century that Charlie Kirk, a young MAGA Republican is a racist piece of poo poo. LOL.

Charlie Kirk wanted Trump to build the wall so he could sit on it.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Rod Hoofhearted posted:

White Evangelicals and Baptists (the fundies you think of when you think of Republicans) loving love IVF.

Yeah this is absolutely not the case.

Having just gotten through with an IVF cycle, they definitely warn you on how to approach the subject outside the office. Lots of pro life people have latched on to the fact IVF involves non viable embryos and embryos families just wont use. To them it's like you are having 9 abortions at once.

Jimlit fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Feb 18, 2024

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Logging a lol sirs and ma’ams.

https://youtu.be/FQgjpnr5e2s?si=13SizVJGSIbZ3til

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

blueblueblue posted:

It's almost like they're phenomenal hypocrites or something.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

steinrokkan posted:

The best thing about Charlie Kirk is that he was the young face of the Republican Party ten years ago, he is the young face of the Republican Party today, and Inshallah he will be the young face of the Republican Party until he dies.

This is the issue with "young conservatives".

They suddenly are no longer "young".

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
So truckers are pissy again and trying to drag in farmers into the mix

We don't need truckers. It's bad we have these large automobiles on public roads, driven by over worked people

Trains, we have a lot, but it's kept both in dis-repair, and business around them don't optimize their usage.
But the usa doesn't need long haul trucker, and if cities were built better we would not need short haul trucking as it is now.

There are about 3.5 million truckers. (apologies for not knowing that much about trucking)
Trucking has a lot of smaller business 95.8% operate 10 or fewer trucks. and 99.7% operate 100 or fewer trucks.
https://www.trucking.org/economics-and-industry-data

Framing
There are only about 3 million people who farm (numbers get weird because farming is seasonal and farmers are hired and fired)
41% of the land is for cattle and their feed
About the state of ohio is all the land we need to feed the usa. (not including meat)
3% of farms grows 52 % of the food
The biggest crops are Corn and Soy. They are exported, and corn is also turned into plastic used for everything.

Bloomsberg land break down
https://imgur.com/a/85ek4LJ

USDA
https://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/ag-and-food-statistics-charting-the-essentials/farming-and-farm-income/

China now has automated tractors, so the lack of automation in farming, is more of a product of usa not wanting to change

At the end of the day, both jobs are kept Artificially hard because US wants to Suffer a bit, and look good in commercials.

mazzi Chart Czar fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Feb 18, 2024

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

None of us want you to stop but you deserve the week off after this. Some of your finest work.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Truckers ain't gonna do poo poo. That fucker and all the others are going to about their business, same as ever, and just be mad.

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
I’m not surprised Trump would platform a bunch of chuds who can’t regularly drop off a load of logs without screaming about it on Twitter first, followed by flushing their dignity 10-15 times.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Respect for Donald Trump, and respect for his very, very large, a-brain!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Re: the Habba "We're going to come hard." thing.

What can she actually do? Trump has laughably few options to legally appeal.

This is bullshit posturing and rhetoric designed to make them look tough and powerful on Fox News where Trump will see her.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

steinrokkan posted:

dont forget that Tiny Ben and like two other white dudes are the "young" faces from 20+ years ago and theyre still the same young outreach.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

She came to my work once lol

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
I've been away for a few days due to illness and just now saw the Trump $355m thing. lol.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Catastrophe posted:

I've been away for a few days due to illness and just now saw the Trump $355m thing. lol.

Don't forget the ~$90m of interest.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I laughed

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Surprise!
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1759344084810862729

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

:lol: Dumbass

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
like even if a pardon does happen, doesnt that open the floodgates for states to go "okay so you admit it, here's state charges"

lol at american civilization kicking the buck can down the line instead of just doing the right thing earlier in the process

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Wait is she running for president or for governor of multiple states.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Nikki Haley will never be president. Even in the unlikely scenario where she falls rear end-backwards into the GOP nomination due to a series of unlikely events, the hogs won’t vote for her.

The final results would be something like:
Biden: 48%
Write-in Trump: 30%
Nikki Haley: 18%
Misc 3rd parties: 4%

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol: Spineless. Trump is a horrible criminal and you shouldn't vote for him you should vote for me Nikki Haley and I'll make sure he doesnt face consequences for those horrible crimes you shouldn't vote for him about!

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Poop your pants

ok now what

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I would give him a delicate little smooch, right on top of his head, and it would feel like a lemon draped with cotton candy and I would love it, thank you, thank you

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Karma Comedian posted:

She came to my work once lol

didnt know you worked in the gigantic turd factory.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
Americans: We must have the rule of law!
Also Americans: But an old billionare said racist things on TV, so we don't need it anymore.

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

NoiseAnnoys posted:

didnt know you worked in the gigantic turd factory.

Just behind it

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

OldMemes posted:

Americans: We must have the rule of law!
Also Americans: But an old billionare said racist things on TV, so we don't need it anymore.

“Rule of law” has long been an innuendo in this country.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

Clean up in aisle 5?