Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Rico died in Klendathu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

sure okay posted:

The bugs being a legitimate threat, even if we "fired the first shot" and they were just lashing out for survival, legitimizes the ugly fascism our society has to turn into,

nothing legitimizes fascism you sick little freak

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
I'm glad the fascist humans killed all the disgusting loving bugs. I hate fascism, but bugs are loving worse. I hope they all experienced intense fear like I do every time a brown marmorated stinkbug flies into my face. They should have had a giant ship shaped like a boot that they could crush thousands of bugs at a time with, and half an hour of the movie should have been just that.

Ok, now that my bug hate is out of my system, I think that the bugs were all mindless telepathic thralls of the brain bugs, who are sub-human, intelligence-wise. My only evidence for this is their apparent complete lack of material culture. Please keep in mind this is just the impression I get, I'm not gonna actually watch the movie again to try and find signs that the bugs were actually smart and sensitive individuals with hopes and dreams, because I don't want to watch a movie full of gross bugs again.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
This whole digression is very disheartening. I expected more media literacy from the Star Wars chat thread.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

nothing legitimizes fascism you sick little freak

lol

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Non Compos Mentis posted:

more and more unconscious gripweeds pile up as he tries to have sex with himself

who among us

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Raskolnikov38 posted:

why wouldnt it be pheromones or dancing like how actual insects communicate

Since it's across planets or star systems so you need something magic for it to work. It could be magic pheromones too but since psychic stuff is in the movie, it just seems like the easiest answer.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

Space Jam posted:

if you’ve ever wanted to see Nymphomaniac it’s on uh, Disney+ now

oh my god

OH MY GOD, HE'S KILLED STELLAN SAARSGARD

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Crescent Wrench posted:

This whole digression is very disheartening. I expected more media literacy from the Star Wars chat thread.

You right. So looking at it from a more straightforward narrative perspective, the humans are fascists therefor the empire, thus making the bugs the rebels. You can see this in the humans having all the huge ships and what not and bugs using guerrilla tactics to fight.

We can also assume there is a "Luke Skywalker" bug out there somewhere, who was but a simple farmer bug who had a call to action by an old wise mystical bug, learnt mystical powers, and launched a rock at Buenos Ares AKA the death star. The second part of the movie up to it's end is the empire strikes back, where the humans retaliate in force and the bugs are put on the back foot (back feet?), and we can only assume in any official sequel -the made for tv dreck don't count- it would of concluded the arc with the skywalker bug facing off and killing the evil human controlling everything, thus defeating the evil human empire and ridding it's presences from the galaxy once and for all.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I hope they all experienced intense fear like I do every time a brown marmorated stinkbug flies into my face. They should have had a giant ship shaped like a boot that they could crush thousands of bugs at a time

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne

PostNouveau posted:

Well I am glad Mike is amusing himself

why did i watch this

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I skimmed the video to see if there would ever be interesting content, and then came to the thread to see if any of you degenerates would reveal something worth it in there.

Instead were all talking about Starship Troopers, a film with some absolutely excellent jokes.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Nigmaetcetera posted:

I'm glad the fascist humans killed all the disgusting loving bugs. I hate fascism, but bugs are loving worse. I hope they all experienced intense fear like I do every time a brown marmorated stinkbug flies into my face. They should have had a giant ship shaped like a boot that they could crush thousands of bugs at a time with, and half an hour of the movie should have been just that.

Ok, now that my bug hate is out of my system, I think that the bugs were all mindless telepathic thralls of the brain bugs, who are sub-human, intelligence-wise. My only evidence for this is their apparent complete lack of material culture. Please keep in mind this is just the impression I get, I'm not gonna actually watch the movie again to try and find signs that the bugs were actually smart and sensitive individuals with hopes and dreams, because I don't want to watch a movie full of gross bugs again.

uh oh, look out!!!

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

bug isn't as scary as bant. white has better removal nowadays

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Space Jam posted:

uh oh, look out!!!

Every time a brown marmorated stinkbug flies into my face, I’m sure that it’s a bug meteor until someone else convinces me otherwise.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Barudak posted:

I skimmed the video to see if there would ever be interesting content, and then came to the thread to see if any of you degenerates would reveal something worth it in there.

Instead were all talking about Starship Troopers, a film with some absolutely excellent jokes.

The video's good if you want to see hundreds of examples of tiny white and black dots on the floor.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

It’s like Mike thought we thought Star Trek was real or something, and he needed to show us the truth.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I thought it was great. I've watched that show many times and never noticed all that stuff. I give Patrick Stewart credit for never missing his mark. A sign of a true professional.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Jose Oquendo posted:

I thought it was great. I've watched that show many times and never noticed all that stuff. I give Patrick Stewart credit for never missing his mark. A sign of a true professional.
It is stuff that was invisible before you could watch the show at bluray resolution that they didn't bother worrying about because they were going to be airing the show at NTSC resolution

Complaining about this level of stuff is almost akin to using a widescreen cheat code on a gamecube game and then complaining that you got minor graphical glitches as a result

mystes fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Feb 19, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Jose Oquendo posted:

People in the comments were saying rlm is cinemasins now but I disagree. Mike is coming from a place of great love and respect and it’s fun to be a little cheeky and point out the stuff people may not have noticed, especially if they haven’t watched the blu rays.

There is no way I would have caught almost any of this stuff watching on the little Sony in the den when I was growing up. And he clearly states that and the fact they were working with some real troublesome sets, lol.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

priznat posted:

People in the comments were saying rlm is cinemasins now but I disagree. Mike is coming from a place of great love and respect and it’s fun to be a little cheeky and point out the stuff people may not have noticed, especially if they haven’t watched the blu rays.

There is no way I would have caught almost any of this stuff watching on the little Sony in the den when I was growing up. And he clearly states that and the fact they were working with some real troublesome sets, lol.

Yeah I was thinking that too. Cinema Sins just hates poo poo to hate it. Mike loves this stuff and it's more him ribbing at the movie magic side of things.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I think when people are comparing it to cinema sins they just mean it's a really boring list of minor poo poo nobody cares about

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Barudak posted:

They communicate via Neil Patrick Harris telling us their feelings.

Just like Ted Mosby.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Yeah I don’t think anyone is gonna accuse Mike of not being a true fan.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

dr_rat posted:

You right. So looking at it from a more straightforward narrative perspective, the humans are fascists therefor the empire, thus making the bugs the rebels. You can see this in the humans having all the huge ships and what not and bugs using guerrilla tactics to fight.

We can also assume there is a "Luke Skywalker" bug out there somewhere, who was but a simple farmer bug who had a call to action by an old wise mystical bug, learnt mystical powers, and launched a rock at Buenos Ares AKA the death star. The second part of the movie up to it's end is the empire strikes back, where the humans retaliate in force and the bugs are put on the back foot (back feet?), and we can only assume in any official sequel -the made for tv dreck don't count- it would of concluded the arc with the skywalker bug facing off and killing the evil human controlling everything, thus defeating the evil human empire and ridding it's presences from the galaxy once and for all.

What if his name was Han Solo because he's Chinese?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Mordja posted:

I mean sure if you have Gorge Lucas directing they could probably be a type of bug that's heavily coded with offensive stereotypes to be Chinese.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Yeah I don’t think anyone is gonna accuse Mike of not being a true fan.

I don't know if I can say that about someone who lost in trivia to rich evans

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

No Mods No Masters posted:

I don't know if I can say that about someone who lost in trivia to rich evans

Honestly after that massive loss you could almost say Jay is more of a TNG fan than Mike.

How embarrassing

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Mordja posted:

Korean, actually.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

Mordja posted:

It's my understanding that early in Star Wars' conception Lucas was seriously considering casting all Asian actors.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

mystes posted:

I think when people are comparing it to cinema sins they just mean it's a really boring list of minor poo poo nobody cares about

they're similar because tedious people blame everything they dislike in movie critics on one of the two channels

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Nigmaetcetera posted:

It's my understanding that early in Star Wars' conception Lucas was seriously considering casting all Asian actors.

Wasn't Luke going to be a 700 year old robot prostitute or something?

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

First of May posted:

I just assumed this TNG mistakes video was cover for Mike to rewatch TNG to study up for trivia.

What makes you think Mike needed to rewatch TNG to make this video?

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

1glitch0 posted:

Wasn't Luke going to be a 700 year old robot prostitute or something?

There were a lot of weird ideas that didn't get used. I think a few years ago somebody made a licensed comic book based on the 1st draft of the screenplay with all the weird ideas left in.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Release the Lucas cut!

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g63G1l41Wp8&t=3559s

From the last Picard Re:View. Rich needles Mikes about finishing this video, which he says has been in the works for years.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I've been rewatching episodes of TNG in HD, and the only thing I'm consistently noticing that bugs me is how the star field inside the ringed planet doesn't match up with the one outside the rings in the intro. I know it's supposed to be a wipe transition but it looks so jarring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tIWYtcwp2I&t=20s

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

First of May posted:

I believe the book makes it clear that it was a false flag by the humans to solidify support for the war.

tbf the project didn't start out as Starship Troopers and they purchased the film rights to make it an easier sell to studio execs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

buenos aires deserved 9/11. god drat (south) america