Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
"what consumer rights?" - Americans, mostly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

found an old honor mode save from when it first came out that was at the creche, I had knocked out minthara without killing her but didn’t do any of the other stuff you were supposed to do to get her . got to moonrise and there she was! The patch is good now

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

They added a concentration alert to spell descriptions if you're already concentrating.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Ratios and Tendency posted:

They added a concentration alert to spell descriptions if you're already concentrating.

Thank loving god. Gimme a screenshot of this and I'll remove that mod from the list.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Is there a reasonable way to improve the attack bonuses of summoned creatures, aside from Bless? Just trying to justify having.. uh... 20 some critters following me around.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
This game has cooked my brain

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Thundarr posted:

Is there a reasonable way to improve the attack bonuses of summoned creatures, aside from Bless? Just trying to justify having.. uh... 20 some critters following me around.

You can throw elixirs of cloud / hill giant at them but it lasts 10 rounds so you’d need a lot and patience. But if you’re trying to get weird maybe that’s a way.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Black Noise posted:

You can throw elixirs of cloud / hill giant at them but it lasts 10 rounds so you’d need a lot and patience. But if you’re trying to get weird maybe that’s a way.
Seems like a terrible waste when for one of those elixirs Karlach will out-damage them all.

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

They didn’t ask how to do more Karlach damage though

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh my god I just rolled three ones in a row and blew through all my inspiration to disarm a trap and got blown into a pit and died. Love this game lol

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh hell yeah just blew up the crech for the first time. That ruled

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Anyone notice voss is all hosed up looking in act 3. I assume the queen did that but is there any dialogue about it?

turtlecrunch
May 14, 2013

Hesitation is defeat.

Thundarr posted:

I beat Honour Mode that way. Death by a thousand little guys.

If the dryad's entanglement connects it really helps the rest, so always let her go first if she's in the current initiative block. Same with ravens and I guess winged ghouls (ghouls hardly ever land their status though).
Upcast Aid + Hero's Feast become a rolling ball of flesh.
In this playthrough Orin tried to 1v1 me and it was really funny.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

Shard posted:

Anyone notice voss is all hosed up looking in act 3. I assume the queen did that but is there any dialogue about it?
iirc by then he survived an attempt on his life.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Shard posted:

Oh my god I just rolled three ones in a row and blew through all my inspiration to disarm a trap and got blown into a pit and died. Love this game lol

You have supped from the true D&D experience.

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Make goblins a playable race in BG3 DE!!

Shazza 100% should have been a full party member

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Schwawa posted:

Shazza 100% should have been a full party member

Give me alfira first

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Shard posted:

Give me alfira first

no way, there's already one tiefling waifu in the party. Give me gobbos!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

How bout both

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

yeah that works. The durge alfira scene sure would hit a lot harder if you'd already done a playthrough with her in your party.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I think Gribbo is my favourite goblin. I hate killing her when I’m wiping out the camp. *tearfully picks her up and throws her level one rear end at a warlock*

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I love Gribbo and that one goblin who says “Nnnnorth”

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I like the goblin reading. Seems like a nice bloke to have a chinwag with

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Yolod my way thru the brain domination rolls and succeeded all of them first time, including the 99. Never have that luck again

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I forced the brain nat-20 pretty fast, but Shar’s mirror kicked my rear end for fifteen loving minutes.

rojay
Sep 2, 2000

Entropic posted:

Have any of you ever actually read through the game's EULA on Steam?
Section 5 has some pretty onerous restrictions!

I have never read a EULA for a game like that.

They seem to have all of the requisite language, and nothing I saw in the Section 5 stuff would change the agreement, but I have always wanted to draft contracts in plain language and gently caress that was funny.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
When is one of these patches gonna add Karlach to the big splash screen image of all the main characters on the main game menu loading screen?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Oh they added the mol Raphael scene back in

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

That's unfortunate. I did the fight outside the grove and Lae'zel didn't get her Inspiration and I know my party killed at least five of the attackers.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

When you try to be cute and wait until you kill Mystic Carrion to get the sporekeeper armor for free, but it isn't included in his loot. I just need to hit that save button more often so I don't have to go back quite so far, I guess.

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Shard posted:

Give me alfira first

What do you mean, she just joined my party tonight. It will be nice to have a bard around

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
My favorite gobbo is the one singing at the camp "I'll be a big ol.. big ol boooooy"

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Sloober posted:

Yolod my way thru the brain domination rolls and succeeded all of them first time, including the 99. Never have that luck again

How many stacking bonuses does it take for that roll to even be possible?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

The Nat 20 rule is in effect and if its an INT ability check they could give themselves advantage with something like Fox's Cunning or the Halfling Blood Potion

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Black Noise posted:

The Nat 20 rule is in effect and if its an INT ability check they could give themselves advantage with something like Fox's Cunning or the Halfling Blood Potion

Oh duh, I forgot about that. So even “impossible” rolls have at least a 5% chance to succeed.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Man I Nat 20’d that roll first time and nothing happened

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Trevor Hale posted:

Man I Nat 20’d that roll first time and nothing happened

there's a very easy to miss benefit from it: the final boss gets something like a 10% max HP penalty

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
It took me like 3 playthroughs to notice the relatively significant buffs that accompany many of the gathered allies at the end of the game. There's some real good poo poo that I didn't notice because I just thought all you got were summons and didn't spend too much time inspecting my buffs because I always had a ton on anyway.

Trevor Hale
Dec 8, 2008

What have I become, my Swedish friend?

Vermain posted:

there's a very easy to miss benefit from it: the final boss gets something like a 10% max HP penalty

Oh poo poo!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
man I wish I could be a fly on the wall when Dame Aylin and the Knight talk, would have been very funny if she came to you after like "uh we angels have no money, can you spare me some 1k gold?"