Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Arc Hammer posted:

This is more what I meant. I know what my role is when I play Veteran and I feel I'm pretty good at it. I think I'm also decent at Zealot but when I try to play to Zealot's strengths by doing crowd control and close melee elite-killing my teammates run off and die.

I'm running a Stealth Momentum boss deleter build with a thunder hammer. Mostly down the center tree until I hit the stealth talent. I also have Bleed for the Emperor and Until Death from the right hand tree for extra survivability.

Currently have a Wound Curio, a 20% Health Curio and a 15% Toughness Curio. With my talent points that puts me around 150 toughness and 220 health (might be a bit less not sure).

My Thunder Hammer i have Thrust and Headtaker Blessings and bonus vs Unyielding and Unarmored. I wasn't happy with vs Unarmored since I'd prefer flak to take on assassination targets but with unarmored my non charged swings are still very good at horde clearing.

I bounce around between the Vraks Mk VII semi-auto rifle, the quickdraw pistol or the Bolter if I want to pretend it's not terrible and needs a bigger magazine.

do not use Momentum on THammer imo just a waste of a keystone. Faster swinging weapons benefit from it more, I find Martyrdom fits best. And fwiw while I do enjoy Stealth Thammer, it's very much a niche gimmick for extreme damage on monsters and Fury will generally do you better all around and still let you mulch a monster if it shows up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Arc Hammer posted:

This is more what I meant. I know what my role is when I play Veteran and I feel I'm pretty good at it. I think I'm also decent at Zealot but when I try to play to Zealot's strengths by doing crowd control and close melee elite-killing my teammates run off and die.
All you can ever really do when slamming QP, on any hero/playstyle, is to figure out how the team is flowing and do your best to fit the strengths of your build's playstyle with that of the team.

It sounds like you, on Zealot, are like how I am on Veteran. Less hours into the class versus our original picks and so having less experience in the class it is harder to figure out how to make that meshing with the team work. Only real fix is more practice and I suppose if you really wanted to be hardcore you could record yourself and watch it back with a critical eye, but for this style of game I prefer just grinding the hours versus footage review.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Homeless Friend posted:

found the problem

Oh poo poo, that's what I do. Not sure how I feel about moving to Stockholm though.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006

Cretin90 posted:

How would you guys modify this from here? If I'm reading Bloodthirsty right, you get a +100% critical hit chance after killing someone with a revved attack. Reddit says it's for literally 3 seconds, which is fine sometimes, but not nearly as useful as the non-limited duration you would assume from the description. Obviously this is good for like, chaining revved attacks into stunned/distracted ragers or something but is there a better blessing I should be going for? If the blessings are fine Ill probably change unarmoured to 20% vs unyielding.

Advice please, swap out Bloodthirsty for T3 Rampage or T3 Rev It Up? None of the other blessings seem good or relevant. If Bloodthirsty is good I'll keep it and reroll unarmoured to Unyielding as my ranged weapon is for Flak enemies.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
IMO Rev it up is more fun because of the speed boost you get.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

you really need Rampage to manage hordes with chainsword, almost literally mandatory is some kind of cleave in general. Rev It Up is good if you have a horde clearing blessing on it already.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Female ogryn look like ogryn except ladies. They show up as characters in a few novels and will probably be featured in the mini range once ogryn get a 10th edition update. I'm guessing Fatshark either ran out of voice acting money or would have had to create entirely new animations for female ogryn and that's why they were left out. Kind of disappointing though, they'd probably be funny.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lassitude posted:

Female ogryn look like ogryn except ladies. They show up as characters in a few novels and will probably be featured in the mini range once ogryn get a 10th edition update. I'm guessing Fatshark either ran out of voice acting money or would have had to create entirely new animations for female ogryn and that's why they were left out. Kind of disappointing though, they'd probably be funny.

I heard speculation that it was because there aren't any explicitly female ogryn models

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Don't worry, reddit has us covered on this one :)

https://www.reddit.com/r/40kLore/comments/8pb5vk/ogryn_worlds_and_ogryn_females/ posted:

Ogryn worlds and Ogryn Females.

So one thing I thought was weird when they mentioned Ogryn worlds is that they are high gravity wastelands with barely any food on them...

Okay... high gravity planets with no food on them would make humans smaller and stronger... like Squats, but then two other things were mentioned.

Megaflora and specifically megaflora living undergraound so dangerous Ogryn don't go there. This could mean that the underground part of Ogryn worlds is unusually seismically active providing ample energy for some thermaly-based pseudo-photosynthesis proving ample amount of food for underground life.

Meanwhile the surface megafauna are the weaklings which had to escape to the barren wasteland. Kinda how many extinct animal species have relatives in alien and barren einviroments on earth. (Australia)

This would explain the possibility of an Ogryn having enough food to grow that ridicously large.
Ogryn females. I can't find any mention of them anywhere except some weird fancreations which make them look like characters from Steven Universe... so what do I know about them so far?

They seem to not be used by the Imperial Guards, the Sisters of Silence or Adeptus Sororitas.

They also live on Ogryn worlds.

They have to be able to survive there while carrying out a pregnancy resulting in the birth of an Ogryn. And a lot of pregnancies as Ogryn probably die a lot.

There is the option that female Ogryn look exactly like male Ogryn and they simply do serve... but noone noticed...

As such I noticed a weird thing about Ogryn. They have stumpy bodes. They are stupid yet they have large heads and more childlike proportions. This is called neotony essentially having childlike features stay with you longer. By any acouts the Ogryn head should be smaller not bigger or it should be shaped like a cone with a huge mouth and small rest. Meanwhile they made it even bigger without loosing the flatness of the face even though an elongated face is better for biting. Their nails also don't seem to have evolved into claws or anything.

So now for my theory, which while crazy... makes kinda sense. What if female Ogryn are not made for combat at all? Essentially if we compare leangth of pregnancy of different mammals and keep in mind that human ones are unusually long for our size I'd say that an Ogryn pregnancy lasts between 2 and 3 years. Meaning that if we assume medium death rates and a birth rate of 5 per Ogryn couple then that means that an Ogryn female spends at least 10 years in a state of constant pregnancy and probably with 1-2 year breaks between those pregnancies. As such Ogryn females in especially hard enviroments need to be nearly constantly protected by the males and probably are also traded as a resource if the tribe loses... and you see if we know anything of ancinet humans it's that if a tribe conquered another and took their women they took the pretty ones and killed the rest... neotemous traits tend to evoke feeling of compassion and are often more attractive to males. As such I think that it is reasonable to speculate that female Ogryns are tall "lolis", or at least look like tall pretten girls with a somewhat more massive build, but still not appearing hideous to a human.

Are there any records of Ogryn being attracted to normal human females?

If yes that in all certainty would indicate that they don't have an alien sense of beuty and that their females might look simmilar.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Why.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Thanks, internet!

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I went to reddit to see what they were talking about and left with this gem:

quote:

Brain Rupture is the ultimate ping, nothing makes all 3 other players drop what they're doing and target that same thing more than a glowy blue head.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I went to reddit to see what they were talking about and left with this gem:

It's like using your turn signal on the freeway

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

Arc Hammer posted:

I'm running a Stealth Momentum boss deleter build with a thunder hammer. Mostly down the center tree until I hit the stealth talent. I also have Bleed for the Emperor and Until Death from the right hand tree for extra survivability.

Currently have a Wound Curio, a 20% Health Curio and a 15% Toughness Curio. With my talent points that puts me around 150 toughness and 220 health (might be a bit less not sure).

My Thunder Hammer i have Thrust and Headtaker Blessings and bonus vs Unyielding and Unarmored. I wasn't happy with vs Unarmored since I'd prefer flak to take on assassination targets but with unarmored my non charged swings are still very good at horde clearing.

I bounce around between the Vraks Mk VII semi-auto rifle, the quickdraw pistol or the Bolter if I want to pretend it's not terrible and needs a bigger magazine.

For quick play solo queues what I do is run a generalist Fury build with Ironhelm Mk4 Thunder Hammer and a Infantry Autogun or Braced Autogun and it's good enough to handle about anything that comes knocking

What might be worth looking into for your stealth play with the Ironhelm is a Martyrdom build for extra tankiness, this one serves me pretty good for utility:

I run this one with either a Crusher, Mk2 Thunder Hammer, or Mk4 Thunder hammer, and they all go good with a Bolter with Surgical and Shattering Impact or for the hammers a Marksman autogun or laspistol or revolver.

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

I heard speculation that it was because there aren't any explicitly female ogryn models

I imagine GW would be happy to work with Fatshark to showcase ogryn ladies. They worked with The Creative Assembly to create a bunch of brand new factions for the Warhammer Fantasy/The Old World brand.

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Random damnation mission drop, badass. Guess I'm going to have to actually use it for a couple games.

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

I thought CA getting so much freedom was bc WHF was being discontinued, but they’re extremely heavy handed with 40k

Cretin90
Apr 10, 2006
Also I took a goon's advice in here to heart and swapped out a toughness curio for +3 max stamina and the number of revives I get away with in the middle of a horde of poxwalkers is absurd.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

FrancisFukyomama posted:

I thought CA getting so much freedom was bc WHF was being discontinued, but they’re extremely heavy handed with 40k

GW has been a lot more permissive with licensing, especially recently but it's always hard to tell how "hands on" they are for any given game

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Cretin90 posted:

Random damnation mission drop, badass. Guess I'm going to have to actually use it for a couple games.

That’s a nice las although I wish I could trade like a thousand diamante to either swap the stopping power with mobility or just up the stat. I have thousands of diamante just sitting there. Even Vermintide like ability to break down diamante into plasteel would own.

1a is my fave regular las tho. Recons are still my jam but that 1a is proppa pew pew. Still wish the stub revolvers were called bolt pistols and had that satisfying sound/explodey effect. Revolver rocks and all but, like the autoguns, just doesn’t scratch my 40k itch. Hands down a solid weapon for a zealot or vet but gimme that sweet sweet bolt pistol action.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Got the mod for extra character slots just because I really wanted this name and look together:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
If we're down to 3 people and you call the other two people with you loving newbs, don't be shocked when we vote kick you right after the finale is 95% done.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

New patch just dropped. It only took 15 months, but we finally have flavor text for the weapons

Also some weapon and HUD tweaks, bug fixes, etc. Including, purportedly, fixing the invisible plasma gun shots, but I'll believe that when I see it.

Ambush music is back, too

Arc Light fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Feb 21, 2024

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Snipers no longer completely ignore smoke grenades

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Insert name here posted:

Snipers no longer completely ignore smoke grenades

:woop:

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

gunners and shooters no longer cause push back with their shots!!!!

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Here is a link to the patch notes on reddit (the DT website seems to not have them in the news section anyway):
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/1awbfd8/patch_17_notes_live_now/

Evil Kit posted:

edit:
I didn't much use this stimm but lol - "Fixed an issue where the Celerity Stimm increased the charge time of attacks and abilities instead of reducing it." Fatshark really cannot get positive and negative modifiers right can they?

tangy yet delightful fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 21, 2024

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Demonhosts now only kill one player before leaving

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Magitek posted:

Demonhosts now only kill one player before leaving

This has always been the case on lower difficulties though, did they change it?

And more importantly, did they change it intentionally

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Evil Kit posted:

thank god

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It's in the patch notes.
Changed the number of players the Daemonhost kills before leaving to 1 across all difficulties.
Which is a good change, because it -should- only punish the person who wakes it up, where as before it would go after whoever did the most damage to it after the first person died, which gave incentive to just let your teammates die.

Patch seems to be mostly just a lot of bug fixes and some really minor changes like that, hopefully don't have to wait 3 more months for new content like a slight variation of a old weapon.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Feb 21, 2024

How!
Oct 29, 2009

tangy yet delightful posted:

Here is a link to the patch notes on reddit (the DT website seems to not have them in the news section anyway):
https://www.reddit.com/r/DarkTide/comments/1awbfd8/patch_17_notes_live_now/

edit:
I didn't much use this stimm but lol - "Fixed an issue where the Celerity Stimm increased the charge time of attacks and abilities instead of reducing it." Fatshark really cannot get positive and negative modifiers right can they?

The stims are really good actually because you can crouch in an elevator with your back to ur team and make it look like you’re jacking off

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So was the shotgunner knockback intentional or a bug? Either way good riddance don't need some shotgunner from 200m away knocking me back.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Shotgunners are definitely supposed to knock you back; that's their whole shtick.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Does shooters mean shotgunners or just regular dudes with guns? Cause the notes say “shooters” and “gunners”. Honestly I’m fine with shotgunners having knockback.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Does shooters mean shotgunners or just regular dudes with guns? Cause the notes say “shooters” and “gunners”. Honestly I’m fine with shotgunners having knockback.

Gunners and shotgunners light up when you ping them

Shooters don't

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Right but the patch note doesn’t say shotgunners. Do regular dudes with guns give knockback? I can’t say I’ve noticed but maybe it just needs enough volume.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Kibayasu posted:

Right but the patch note doesn’t say shotgunners. Do regular dudes with guns give knockback? I can’t say I’ve noticed but maybe it just needs enough volume.

they did before, but gunners were the most noticeable ones to have the pushback on shots because of volume of fire. Anecdotally it's not totally gone, but it is much much less reduced.

Relatedly, it's also much harder to tell you're getting absolutely destroyed by 3 gunners focusing you. :v:

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009

Kibayasu posted:

Not any more they don't :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

FrancisFukyomama posted:

WHFB was restarted as Warhammer: The Old World. It just released recently with a Tomb Kings vs. Bretonnia starter set. But even with 40k you've had game companies like Relic that have been able to make entirely new space marine chapters for themselves with GW's permission, i.e. the Blood Ravens for their Dawn of War games.