Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

saw this on the subreddit and this was really neat. AD!themed party food and drinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
The extremely out there night Jeff and Francine have in "Wild Women Do" is it for me. The ride of the back of the truck with the driver ignoring the road as the situation escalates, everything with the dry cleaner, Roger being the worst fixer, the cops having code for women going wild and doing what they do. Of course then there's the B-plot with Steve and Klaus, the song "New Town Rock N' Loll" set to Steve injuring himself, despite the actual song being used in a previous episode. Just absolutely absurd and funny.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

wild women do is absolutely perfect, the stupid zoom of the horse eyeballs is unreasonably hilarious

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Need I even mention the long list of stuff Francine can't interact with? "No polka dots, they remind her of dicks. Front facing dicks."

AND AND AAAAND Stan has a budgie!!!!

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Mx. posted:

wild women do is absolutely perfect, the stupid zoom of the horse eyeballs is unreasonably hilarious

Seriously it’s so drat good. “And they don’t regret it!”

Then you get the table side guac escape and the guy who hates washing machines and Stan trying to use a bird metaphor to explain things to Jeff.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Couldn't order six, could you?

No, it's all right.

I'll just stay here and gently caress myself, shall I?

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

drrockso20 posted:

American Dad and Surrealism go together like Peanut Butter & Jelly, well with two exceptions, American Fung is a tire fire of an episode that I've rightfully griped about probably at least a dozen times in this thread, and the episode where Stan gets turned into an old man is also pretty bleh

That has the best line in it though, where the doctor says "I find that most things are real."

Where are the pecan sandies?

Nichael fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Feb 19, 2024

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Nichael posted:

Where are the pecan sandies?

In the universe where satire works.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Solid! Though instead of taping a Rain Duck logo to a bottle of Barefoot, they should've sprung for a bottle of Jeff Fischer's artisanal wine. I'd like to order a mixed case the next time there's a wider variety in stock, currently just a few reds available and if I'm going to pay for shipping wine cross-country I might as well order a bunch.

It apparently pairs well with sign language gorilla brains:

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

They could have at least grabbed a bottle of Decoy wine. I can only see it as Rain Duck now.

That's still pretty awesome and I got a good laugh at the hot sauce.

Disappointed they couldn't find a Nebuchadnezzar so they could have a little wine with dinner. That's one of my favorite gags in the show.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

JethroMcB posted:

Really? I've always heard beer with gorilla brains. :shrug:

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

limp_cheese posted:

Disappointed they couldn't find a Nebuchadnezzar so they could have a little wine with dinner. That's one of my favorite gags in the show.

Mm, kind of a thinker. I obviously get it, but what about the broader audience you wanna reach with your comedy?

On a related note to that quote I just noticed that kid looks like a mini version of the guy from the Kidney Stays in the Picture.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

JethroMcB posted:

Solid! Though instead of taping a Rain Duck logo to a bottle of Barefoot, they should've sprung for a bottle of Jeff Fischer's artisanal wine. I'd like to order a mixed case the next time there's a wider variety in stock, currently just a few reds available and if I'm going to pay for shipping wine cross-country I might as well order a bunch.

Did you just say Art Penis-hole?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
"Glock 9mm?"
"Check."
"Kevlar vest?"
"Check."
"What you do to yourself before you wreck yourself?"
"Check."

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Just made myself cackle imagining Barry coming out of the muddy ground screaming as they try to escape space camp.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

You boys wanna see a 400-pound man rise out of his overalls like a phoenix?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

JethroMcB posted:

what a reference

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

JethroMcB posted:

love that I clicked the link and immediately saw that he's wearing the hat

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

It's funny to remember Jeff is playing an insane version of himself, akin to Adam West.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Yeah, Jeff Fischer, The Character, wears a slouchy bucket hat. Jeff Fischer, The Man, wears a smart straw trilby. They're very different!

(I did read an interview about his wine business where he mentioned that his primary residence for most of the year is an old Airstream trailer at a friend's vineyard where he leases growing space. So he does basically live in a van parked outside someone's house.)

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I had no idea the real Jeff was so cool.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

FireWorksWell posted:

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
Ah crap, it's one of the ones where they're friends.

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

I'm with Beezus on this one, guys. Ramona went into her room, no permission. The sign said 'do not enter!'

"'Do not enter' the kingdom of Heaven!" Beezus is a Christ figure! Her name rhymes with Jesus, it's right there!

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Ardent Communist posted:

Ah crap, it's one of the ones where they're friends.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Nep-Nep posted:

Of course then there's the B-plot with Steve and Klaus, the song "New Town Rock N' Loll" set to Steve injuring himself, despite the actual song being used in a previous episode. Just absolutely absurd and funny.

"I've just got too many elves to scold! I'll scar their bodies and devour their souls!" pops into my head sometimes and it makes me smile.

Something else I like about American Dad is how in addition to having characters respond to normal situations in surreal ways they also sometimes let characters respond to surreal situations in completely rational ways. Like how in So I Heard You Wanna Buy Some Speakers when Barry tells his dad about what's been happening with Roger and his dad immediately calls his lawyer and gets a restraining order. There's no joke or subversion, just a smash cut to what any sane person would do if they found out an adult was stalking their child. Having grounded moments like that really help make the crazy moments pop.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

"I've just got too many elves to scold! I'll scar their bodies and devour their souls!" pops into my head sometimes and it makes me smile.

Something else I like about American Dad is how in addition to having characters respond to normal situations in surreal ways they also sometimes let characters respond to surreal situations in completely rational ways. Like how in So I Heard You Wanna Buy Some Speakers when Barry tells his dad about what's been happening with Roger and his dad immediately calls his lawyer and gets a restraining order. There's no joke or subversion, just a smash cut to what any sane person would do if they found out an adult was stalking their child. Having grounded moments like that really help make the crazy moments pop.

One of the best for this is when Roger and Francine's Hospital Soap Opera is canceled and they watch the family and rate everything unrealistic and point out flaws. The dialog about Klaus and water is gold.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

FireWorksWell posted:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

FireWorksWell posted:

The whole reason Jeff is a character is because Seth McFarlane was like "My buddy Jeff is awesome, I want him on one of my shows and for him to play himself" and I strongly feel that this was a smart move on his part.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

The whole reason Jeff is a character is because Seth McFarlane was like "My buddy Jeff is awesome, I want him on one of my shows and for him to play himself" and I strongly feel that this was a smart move on his part.

Also how Steve was cast, which has worked out fantastic.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
And Haley being voiced by Seth's sister

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I thought Jeff was friends with the other producers/creators. I know it gets discussed in the DVD commentary for the pilot; in my memory, Seth talks about the real Jeff much like Stan would about cartoon Jeff; just constantly exasperated with this stoner goofball people keep making him interact with. Gonna have to dig my box sets out of their storage bin to give it a listen this week.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

JethroMcB posted:

I thought Jeff was friends with the other producers/creators. I know it gets discussed in the DVD commentary for the pilot; in my memory, Seth talks about the real Jeff much like Stan would about cartoon Jeff; just constantly exasperated with this stoner goofball people keep making him interact with. Gonna have to dig my box sets out of their storage bin to give it a listen this week.

Are you sure that wasn't a bit?

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
- Haley?!

- Mom! It's not what you think. I'm cooking meth!

- Oh, really? Then where's your muriatic acid, hmm?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Francine is the best

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

pixaal posted:

One of the best for this is when Roger and Francine's Hospital Soap Opera is canceled and they watch the family and rate everything unrealistic and point out flaws. The dialog about Klaus and water is gold.

I have no memory of this, early season?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

..."the robbed bank"!?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

Why thankyew!

Milo and POTUS posted:

You're just going to have to re-watch all of American Dad, sorry

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Milo and POTUS posted:

Pretty sure it's the episode with Steve as an umpire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Brawnfire posted:

..."the robbed bank"!?

I falsified all the orders and lied about all the sales figures!

poo poo, that's a good idea! We should have thought of that!