Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Junpei posted:

I'm going to run an all-six Blade Lineage Team and you can't stop me man

When did you get the coveted BL Heathcliff, give us the goods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
All the IDs look incredible, outside of Gregor, who will need some noteworthy numbers in his kit to be interesting. I really like the look of Don, hopefully she will be able to provide Poise for more team comps than just BL.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

GilliamYaeger posted:

I'm super excited for future Blade Lineage Mirror Dungeon runs.

Which units would be best for a Kim team? Blade Lineage Faust looks more than functional and Pirate Gregor would probably be a good teammate for them too (with Kurokumo Greg replacing Pirate on the Bleed team), but who else? BL Yi Sang would definitely be way more functional with Kim and Don feeding him Poise, but I'm not sure that Outis or Sinclair would be worth using at all even with Kim's buffs, especially since Kim wants big Pride resonance and they only have it on their S3s. Don could be at least functional - at the very least she probably won't have an S2 that rolls loving 12 like BL Sinclair.

Funnily enough I think Captain Ishmael would fit in better with the Blade Lineage folks than her own crew, what with her and Kim both wanting big Pride resonance chains.

So a tentative 6-man team would be Kimsault, BL Yi Sang, BL Don, BL Faust, Pirate Greg and Captain Ishmael.

I'll be honest, I'm not sure I see any way to justify running a Poise team without Cinqlair.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

One detail that hasn't been mentioned: if you're still doing the main quest you'll get extra event mats as a one time bonus, and the event dungeons seem to come with several Starlight buffs baked in. That's nice.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Junpei posted:

I'm going to run an all-six Blade Lineage Team and you can't stop me man

That's impressive when there's of 5 of them available.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Lord_Magmar posted:

That's impressive when there's of 5 of them available.
1 Don
2 Yi Sang
3 Kim
4 Outis
5 Sinclair
6 Faust

???

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

1 Don
2 Yi Sang
3 Kim
4 Outis
5 Sinclair
6 Faust

???

drat I am having problems tonight.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
no, BL Outis is just that forgettable. :v:

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

oh, the one I actually forgot about was Yi Sang.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
Ooooo, I saw something exciting on one of the two Reddit threads on the new IDs.

Yield My Flesh and To Claim Their Bones are different skills, right? Which means that one of them could be a negative skill. YMF being negative would be...interesting.

Edit: Also, is it just me or does it look like Kim will counter any hit for the rest of the turn with To Claim Their Bones after losing with YMF?

GilliamYaeger fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Feb 19, 2024

Arcanuse
Mar 15, 2019

GilliamYaeger posted:

1 Don
2 Yi Sang
3 Kim
4 Outis
5 Sinclair
6 Faust

???

...Yi Sang is Kurokumo though? Meursalt, however
e:confused yi sang with hong lu, oof

Arcanuse fucked around with this message at 12:43 on Feb 19, 2024

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

GilliamYaeger posted:

Ooooo, I saw something exciting on one of the two Reddit threads on the new IDs.

Yield My Flesh and To Claim Their Bones are different skills, right? Which means that one of them could be a negative skill. YMF being negative would be...interesting.

Edit: Also, is it just me or does it look like Kim will counter any hit for the rest of the turn with To Claim Their Bones after losing with YMF?

No, he uses To Claim Their Bones when he clash loses YMF. But it's still a counter attack defense skill like any other, it can only counter once. You'd have to use Yield My Flesh and lose a clash again to get another use of To Claim Their Bones. I guess if he loses the clash for YMF but gets hit by something else first he'd counter the other thing, but that seems like an extremely unlikely scenario and the most common result will be whatever you lose to in the clash will get the hit by the one use counter from losing said clash.

The unique bit is the attack weighting, where you can hit many enemies with one To Claim Their Bones skill via that system.

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

Arcanuse posted:

...Yi Sang is Kurokumo though? Meursalt, however
https://www.prydwen.gg/limbus-company/identities/blade-lineage-salsu-yi-sang

No.

microfolk
Aug 15, 2023

CATGIRL DEATH INDUSTRIAL
limbus.kusoge.xyz has a faction filter, I've been using this site more than Prydwen lately.

L.U.I.G.I
Apr 19, 2023

i cant believe i was the useless piece of shit who managed to rig all the Library of Ruina LP thread polls and all i got was this account and shitty avatar.

pls say hi and heckle me

microfolk posted:

I think that Meursault deserves all the Boys' Love in the world, there is no such thing as a lower limit to it :colbert:

That he does, that he does~

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BszdbMjnq-o

ESGOO video speedrun any%

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

microfolk posted:

limbus.kusoge.xyz has a faction filter, I've been using this site more than Prydwen lately.

It also doesn't have a questionable tier list (Ahabmael as a SS Support?? 10Lu as an A rank DPS???????)

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
search engine in the world!"
-- The GoogleProg
Yeah, Kusoge is the infinitely better resource & website, mired only by slightly slow initial load times.

ALSO, I am simply in awe of the glory of these lads. We all wanted Meursault to get a damage ID but we never expected them to print an entire damage passport. The man's got enough text to claim their bones through sheer density!

I think the numbers for any one of these four would have to be truly dogwater for them to not all be excellent, and I am now extra-glad I decided to UT IV Don's Wishing Cairn before her Lifetime Stew.
I did it for the Tremor Burst memes at first but now it's probably going to pop in a major way on hybrid Bleed-Poise setups. :D

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

The true question is, do we have now enough proper IDs to have Bleed and Poise for Mirror Dungeon while maximizing rest bonus? (I do wonder which team would benefit the most of LobFaust, Bleed can do with NFaust getting proper numbers with Bloofy Mist and Poise would want max BL)

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

The true question is, do we have now enough proper IDs to have Bleed and Poise for Mirror Dungeon while maximizing rest bonus? (I do wonder which team would benefit the most of LobFaust, Bleed can do with NFaust getting proper numbers with Bloofy Mist and Poise would want max BL)

We already have had this, for a while: The awkward overlap on my setup is actually with the Charge team, as other teams want W Meursault and Yi Sang for their passives, and Ryoshu still has the 6 ID problem. Even before Ahabmael came to play, the teams can be pretty well separated using Shi Ishmael and Shi Heathcliff as very strong Poise enablers. If you have Captain you can drop Sheeshmael off that team, and with this new release you could easily put Don and / or or Faust in to replace Shi Heathcliff if you dislike balancing the health threshold gimmick entirely.

For reference I currently have 7 teams where the only overlap for rest bonus is Ryoshu, with most teams managing to at least get useful passives off their benched weirdos. I can also just ignore one of the teams with overlap and do a clean rotation with the other 6.

My Shi-free Poise setup is: Cinqlair, Captain Ish, Starbuck Yi Sang, Twinhooks Gregor, KKClan Rodion, CinqOutis.
Bleed Team is: MidDon, HookLu, Queecliff, LobFaust, Rhino Meursault, and the very weird-but-it-works closer that I was recommended.... LCB Ishmael. Not LCCB (who is running roughshod with the Tremor team), LCB. Turns out throwing an early Blind Obsession into a crowd gives the rest of this pierce-heavy team huge power bonuses on their clashes, and it's her fastest ID to date. :v:

With these new IDs I imagine you could shake this entire thing up and revamp Poise as a straight Blade Lineage team and shuffle the stars of that team elsewhere, do some funny Kurokumo stuff... It's a lot of potential.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.

Ariamaki posted:

For reference I currently have 7 teams where the only overlap for rest bonus is Ryoshu, with most teams managing to at least get useful passives off their benched weirdos. I can also just ignore one of the teams with overlap and do a clean rotation with the other 6.

All I want is a seventh goddamn Ryoshu ID for this exact reason, and they have continued to deny me. :colbert:

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

TeeQueue posted:

All I want is a seventh goddamn Ryoshu ID for this exact reason, and they have continued to deny me. :colbert:

It was so funny to me when the Anniversary announcement video came out and it's like:
> 4 IDs
> 1 event, 3 on the same banner
> Unprecedented!
> Still no Ryoshu #7
> Extremely Precedented

If she still doesn't have one by the time Canto VI launches then I am going to cry laughing.
Maybe somebody at PM saw that they already made Seven Association Ryoshu and got confused about it?

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Don: Poise support. Being able to give Poise(and more importantly, Count) to others is fantastic but unfortunately [On Crit] makes it mostly unfeasible outside of MD where getting a billion Poise is trivial. That said she doesn't seem bad or anything.

Gregor: Seems to have wandered into the wrong faction and would rather be in Kurokumo. Great pasive but no real Bleed Count application and no Pride makes him pretty bad on the BL team.

Faust: Lack of Count means she's Poise support, not Bleed. That said upping crit chance is amazing support so she's a welcome addition.

Meursault: *adjusts bifocals* what the gently caress is this. Okay, S3/"4" are the big ones but needing to eat poo poo to use it and getting staggered afterward if he's hit hard enough is a pretty big drawback. Being unstaggerable during the setup/attack is amazing though and the attack itself is bonkers so you get what you pay for. Really wants to be on a Blade Lineage team which is probably why we're getting 3 other IDs, as the current BL lineup blows chunks outside of UT4 Yi Sang. Boosts the whole BL squad with Pride A.res and has 3 pride skills to facilitate that. Every BL ID has Pride(except Gregor) though even some power boosts won't save Outis or Sinclair. Anyway he seems insane on a BL team.

Overall not bad, the Bleed half of their kit kinda falls apart due to lack of Count but the rest is fine. Except Gregor who doesn't really synergize with the team at all and would rather be on a Bleed one.

e: oops gregor is in fact kurokumo welp. He seems to have wandered into the wrong banner instead.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Feb 19, 2024

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Yinlock posted:

Gregor: Seems to have wandered into the wrong faction and would rather be in Kurokumo. Great pasive but no real Bleed Count application and no Pride makes him pretty bad on the BL team.

Umm... that Gregor is in Kurokumo. He's even a named Kurokumo we've met in LoR, specifically Gin, one of Sayo's two lackeys from Urban Plague.

DuoRogue
Jul 19, 2022

My secret? I don't have any bones.
so how will kimsault fit into cap ish teams. or rather how will cap ish fit into BL teams

GilliamYaeger
Jan 10, 2012

Call Gespenst!

DuoRogue posted:

so how will kimsault fit into cap ish teams. or rather how will cap ish fit into BL teams
Lotta Pride resonance, which Ish really really wants, and Poise IDs all gain resources on S1 use. Simple. Cap Ish also has Envy and Wrath, which fits with both BL Sault and BL Yi Sang.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Aumanor posted:

Umm... that Gregor is in Kurokumo. He's even a named Kurokumo we've met in LoR, specifically Gin, one of Sayo's two lackeys from Urban Plague.

oh i didn't notice since there were 3 BL, my bad!!!

kinda funny he's the odd one out though

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GilliamYaeger posted:

Lotta Pride resonance, which Ish really really wants, and Poise IDs all gain resources on S1 use. Simple. Cap Ish also has Envy and Wrath, which fits with both BL Sault and BL Yi Sang.

I wonder how BL Meur's S3-S4 works in terms of resonance since they have different Sin types. does it recalculate the whole stack on the fly or is the Bone Claimer just Pride for damage/resource purposes

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Yinlock posted:

I wonder how BL Meur's S3-S4 works in terms of resonance since they have different Sin types. does it recalculate the whole stack on the fly or is the Bone Claimer just Pride for damage/resource purposes

The "S4" probably doesn't care about resonance at all, and is only Pride for damage and resources.
Also because it's a freshly generated coin Claim probably can't benefit from Regret's "leftmost coin on the dashboard" effect even IF Yield was in that slot.

Neither of those are guarantees obviously, but it's how Assist Attack works right now (as far as I can tell) so I imagine it's a similar situation.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Yinlock posted:

Resonance is specifically exactly what is in the chain at the time. I think you can check this with middle Don who changes the sin affinity of one of her attacks at high a resonance but that happens after the resonance chain is calculated not before.

BL Meursault still has 5 pride skills and 1 wrath skill, he really does not need the help making pride resonance chains and YMF being a little awkward to use is absolutely fine when the pay-off is a guaranteed 4 hit one sided AoE attack.

TCTB will still benefit from the damage boost pride a resonance creates if you make it, since A Res is just all skills of that sin do that much more damage this turn.

Edit: The Rusted Coin and Hong Lu also don't change resonance when "adding" skills under specific conditions for more examples of existing stuff that functions similar to the way YMF and TCTB work, although not exactly the same.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Feb 19, 2024

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?
The bonus attacks Captain Ishmael generates don't affect resonance, and I assume that making Character A use a special fourth attack and making Character B use their first attack are essentially the same under the hood when it comes to this kind of thing.

(Everyone else already made the same point, but you get the idea.)

Lurks With Wolves fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Feb 19, 2024

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

He’s three pride, a wrath, and his defense is an envy if you want to do Middon.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Lord_Magmar posted:

Resonance is specifically exactly what is in the chain at the time. I think you can check this with middle Don who changes the sin affinity of one of her attacks at high a resonance but that happens after the resonance chain is calculated not before.

BL Meursault still has 5 pride skills and 1 wrath skill, he really does not need the help making pride resonance chains and YMF being a little awkward to use is absolutely fine when the pay-off is a guaranteed 4 hit one sided AoE attack.

TCTB will still benefit from the damage boost pride a resonance creates if you make it, since A Res is just all skills of that sin do that much more damage this turn.

Edit: The Rusted Coin and Hong Lu also don't change resonance when "adding" skills under specific conditions for more examples of existing stuff that functions similar to the way YMF and TCTB work, although not exactly the same.

There's reusing/switching an attack and then there's adding an entirely different one which is the grey area

of course making pride chains is gonna be trivial for him but i'm just wondering if claiming bones would gently caress with that a bit

Ariamaki posted:

The "S4" probably doesn't care about resonance at all, and is only Pride for damage and resources.
Also because it's a freshly generated coin Claim probably can't benefit from Regret's "leftmost coin on the dashboard" effect even IF Yield was in that slot.

Neither of those are guarantees obviously, but it's how Assist Attack works right now (as far as I can tell) so I imagine it's a similar situation.

Lurks With Wolves posted:

The bonus attacks Captain Ishmael generates don't affect resonance, and I assume that making Character A use a special fourth attack and making Character B use their first attack are essentially the same under the hood when it comes to this kind of thing.

(Everyone else already made the same point, but you get the idea.)

That makes sense

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

It also doesn't have a questionable tier list (Ahabmael as a SS Support?? 10Lu as an A rank DPS???????)

Oh no. I've been using that tier list to help me decide which IDs to level to cap.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Solitair posted:

Oh no. I've been using that tier list to help me decide which IDs to level to cap.

Prydwen's tierlist is based on player data for hard content clearing, if it works the way Honkai tierlists work on that site. So it's basically saying how often identities clear MD3H/RR3 and what role. Deici Hong Lu being an A tier dps is because he doesn't do as much damage on runs as N Corp Sinclair. Ahab is an SS Support because her assist attack is the strongest "support" skill in the game and she buffs allies a shitload through her mechanics.

It's also, upon a check, about how easily they perform those roles. Dieci Hong Lu requires enough specific set up that he isn't treated as high tier as the damage dealers who just get to do it for free.

Still, it's a weird tier list and other sites will have other ideas. Nothing in it is super stupid, but team synergy matters more than "good identities" in Limbus a lot of the time imo.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Feb 19, 2024

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Lord_Magmar posted:

Still, it's a weird tier list and other sites will have other ideas. Nothing in it is super stupid, but team synergy matters more than "good identities" in Limbus a lot of the time imo.

Maybe next season I'll try focusing on team builds instead, though I don't have the best handle on what builds are worth pursuing. Here's what I've got at 40:

Yi Sang: Spicebush, Molar, W Corp
Faust: N Corp, Seven, Regret
Don Quixote: W Corp, Cinq, Lantern
Ryoshu: Seven, Kurokumo, W Corp
Meursault: W Corp, Rhino
Hong Lu: Tingtang, Liu, K Corp
Heathcliff: Rabbit, Seven, Pequod
Ishmael: Reindeer, LCCB, Molar
Rodion: Rosespanner, Dieci
Sinclair: N Corp, Red Sheet, Cinq
Outis: Seven, Molar, Magic Bullet
Gregor: Rosespanner, Zwei, Twinhook

I've also been using ESGOO's uptie and threadspin videos to determine what tier 4s to get first.

Ariamaki
Jun 30, 2011

"I'm the most powerful
-- The GoogleProg

Solitair posted:

Maybe next season I'll try focusing on team builds instead, though I don't have the best handle on what builds are worth pursuing. Here's what I've got at 40:

Yi Sang: Spicebush, Molar, W Corp
Faust: N Corp, Seven, Regret
Don Quixote: W Corp, Cinq, Lantern
Ryoshu: Seven, Kurokumo, W Corp
Meursault: W Corp, Rhino
Hong Lu: Tingtang, Liu, K Corp
Heathcliff: Rabbit, Seven, Pequod
Ishmael: Reindeer, LCCB, Molar
Rodion: Rosespanner, Dieci
Sinclair: N Corp, Red Sheet, Cinq
Outis: Seven, Molar, Magic Bullet
Gregor: Rosespanner, Zwei, Twinhook

I've also been using ESGOO's uptie and threadspin videos to determine what tier 4s to get first.

This is not a bad spread at all, and definitely can cover a lot of options! On a future Walpurgisnacht you might want to consider getting Hook Hong Lu, although most teams that use him also don't mind bringing TingTang along either actively or for the absolutely ludicrous passive. Pequod Yi Sang and Ishmael would be great pickups, as well. Honestly it looks like you've got at least 1-2 great IDs for every Sinner, so that's a really good start!

In terms of team building, an excellent educational resource is IdealMirror / AgenderWitchery's "MD3 Farming [Strategy Deep Dive]", on the Steam guides. While it's focused on the Mirror of the Lake and taking advantage of its unique mechanics and farming Starlight effectively, they go over team compositions and explain the decisions they make. I think reading it over and testing out some of the ideas and principles with your own teams is an excellent way to stretch your buildcraft muscles. :3

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

In the current season, MD3, you basically want a team for each of the normal dungeon buff/debuff runs, and a fully levelled (+maybe uptied) team for your weekly hard run.

Charge is a good option for the fully levelled team and you already have a number of the standout units. You realistically only need 6 at level 40 to do the fighting, support passives work no matter the level of the unit after all.

Blade Lineage Meursault is going to make an all Blade Lineage team very strong, so that might be worth investing into for next season. But we don't know how Mirror Dungeon 4 will work.

Edit: Basically, in story content you don't really need builds even for the story dungeons or special event farmable dungeons. For Mirror Dungeon 3 Normal you just need identities and uptie 3. With enough bleed/burn/rupture/etc users to use the gifts effectively. For MD3H you need level 40 units, some good upties, and enough users of a single buff/debuff for the special fusion gift to work (5 in a team to activate them). But that isn't actually required it is just what makes things easiest.

My weekly MD3H right now is either Charge or N Corp and neither is fully maxed out and I do fine.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Feb 19, 2024

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Meanwhile I have Bleed+Poise, Rupture, Sinking and Charge all ready for Hard so I only have to do 1 run a week and then extras for Burn and Tremor since I don't have the Liu trio levelled. And I still have over 1000 boxes. And I think nowadays the tier IV luxcavation is better for thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

Ariamaki posted:

This is not a bad spread at all, and definitely can cover a lot of options! On a future Walpurgisnacht you might want to consider getting Hook Hong Lu, although most teams that use him also don't mind bringing TingTang along either actively or for the absolutely ludicrous passive. Pequod Yi Sang and Ishmael would be great pickups, as well. Honestly it looks like you've got at least 1-2 great IDs for every Sinner, so that's a really good start!

In terms of team building, an excellent educational resource is IdealMirror / AgenderWitchery's "MD3 Farming [Strategy Deep Dive]", on the Steam guides. While it's focused on the Mirror of the Lake and taking advantage of its unique mechanics and farming Starlight effectively, they go over team compositions and explain the decisions they make. I think reading it over and testing out some of the ideas and principles with your own teams is an excellent way to stretch your buildcraft muscles. :3

To clarify, I only listed the IDs I have at 40, not everything I own. The only IDs I don't own right now are Dieci Yi Sang, Dieci Hong Lu and LCCB Ryoshu, and the only ID I own that I haven't gotten to uptie 3 yet is Middle Meursault.

The only rule I had for myself in leveling IDs besides following the tier list is that I wanted to evenly spread them between sinners, even for sinners with a worse overall selection than others.

So far for MDH I run a charge team consisting of the three R Corp IDs plus W Corp Don Quixote, Ryoshu and Yi Sang. I know Yi Sang is better for Rupture than Charge, but he's holding his own in clashes and doing decent damage, and I've gotten this team to the end of MDH twice this season.

I try to do at least one of each type of luxcavation every day and make one MDH run per week. I also want to see how many EGO gifts I can log in MD before the season changes over. So far I'm at 76/100, and that's with only the first New Discovery perk.

Meanwhile I have Bleed+Poise, Rupture, Sinking and Charge all ready for Hard so I only have to do 1 run a week and then extras for Burn and Tremor since I don't have the Liu trio levelled. And I still have over 1000 boxes. And I think nowadays the tier IV luxcavation is better for thread.

I've been using luxcavation as my main source of thread ever since it was a thing. I started out converting shards to thread manually beforehand, but the only time I've done that since the debut of luxcavation is when I had a surplus of Don Quixote shards after spending all my pulls on the last Walpurgis Night. I converted down to only having 400 and still managed to get a decent uptie or two out of it.

Solitair fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 19, 2024