Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

San Diego ruled when I visited, but I also steered clear of any marines I saw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

San Diego is awesome.

And somehow they have even worse traffic than LA which is impossible but true

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
san diego makes beer so good i import it to new zealand.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
To be clear I am speaking only about the Chiefs fans that I saw live.

I'm sure the ones in KC are fine. You guys are fine too.

Also I miss my Chargers and I wish they were home

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I mean really everyone ITT is fine and I enjoy the Raiders conspiracy theory.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

I don't know, if anyone in this thread owned a Raiders Starter jacket in the 90s I'm still going to give them the side-eye.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Hell yes I had a Raiders Starter jacket and I'm a bit sketchy so you better tuck your chain!

In my mind the early-mid '90s were all about Starter jackets from the Raiders, Miami Hurricanes and the Charlotte Hornets. I have nothing to back me up on that, I just know it to be true.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Black Sunshine posted:

Hell yes I had a Raiders Starter jacket and I'm a bit sketchy so you better tuck your chain!

In my mind the early-mid '90s were all about Starter jackets from the Raiders, Miami Hurricanes and the Charlotte Hornets. I have nothing to back me up on that, I just know it to be true.

Sadly, there was also an excessive amount of Dallas Cowboys Starter jackets in the mid-90s as well, usually alongside hats for the Chicago Bulls or New York Yankees.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://x.com/lexiosborne/status/1758384698550792300?s=20

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I love my weird body quarterback. That's the walk of a triple jointed alien who can throw from any platform.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

I had a mighty ducks starter jacket

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I had a Jacksonville Jaguars starter jacket with the OG logo. I lived in KC most of my life, don['t ask me why I went with Jaguars.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
Former GM Mike Tannenbaum was saying Chiefs will basically call Sneed and Jones then say one of you is getting tagged unless we can work something out and that may make them accept B+ money. The tag is probably scarier for Jones because of his age. On one hand he has money so he could hold out on the other how many years does he have left? Sneed never got the bag, so while he wouldn’t like it is he turning down $18 million?

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

SalTheBard posted:

I had a Jacksonville Jaguars starter jacket with the OG logo. I lived in KC most of my life, don['t ask me why I went with Jaguars.

It was the 90's - if you didn't own at least one piece of teal sports apparel, the state would eminent domain your house

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/alexinsdorf99/status/1758539974129987932?t=WCsyu0BThBXjwvNn6AwaPw&s=19

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Black Lighter posted:

It was the 90's - if you didn't own at least one piece of teal sports apparel, the state would eminent domain your house

The Gulf Oil Ford GTs inspired a generation

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

Calidus posted:

The Gulf Oil Ford GTs inspired a generation

huh? those weren't teal... idgi

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I still remember the day I saw a teal Ford Explorer for the first time and I was like holy poo poo we're really doing this huh

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Black Lighter posted:

All-Raiders (with a big assist from PFR)

Since this came up in another thread:

ST: Pigeon

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

fartknocker posted:

lol, a classic

Gonna be in KC for a day soon—bbq recommendations?

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
I am choosing to believe any and all conspiracy theories about this.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

https://x.com/kryziventake2/status/1758616586724814967?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pontius Pilate posted:

lol, a classic

Gonna be in KC for a day soon—bbq recommendations?

Joe’s KC.

You could also do LCs or Gates or Jack Stack.

But just do Joes.

Corn Burst
Jun 18, 2004

Blammo!

No Butt Stuff posted:

Joe’s KC.

You could also do LCs or Gates or Jack Stack.

But just do Joes.

All good recs. My favorite is Slaps, if you don’t mind crossing the bridge to KC-K.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

fartknocker posted:

Yessss that pigeon was the best

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Corn Burst posted:

All good recs. My favorite is Slaps, if you don’t mind crossing the bridge to KC-K.

Don't cross the bridge to KCK, just get Joe's in Overland Park

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I have never been outside Australia but I've been a chiefs fan long enough to pick up that Joe's is the place if i ever visit.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Well you gotta trust Fat Jesus even if they’ve never had it before, thanks for the recs y’all (tho lol if one of your first experiences outside of Australia is fuckin Kansas City)

Any dive bar favorites?

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

How does a house this size only have four bedrooms? Are there a bunch of non-conforming bedrooms or something? Really gonna hurt him with the comps.

https://www.9news.com/article/sport...3b-a8543f8c2636

(Now with 100% more working link)

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 18, 2024

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

waffle enthusiast posted:

How does a house this size only have four bedrooms? Are there a bunch of non-conforming bedrooms or something? Really gonna hurt him with the comps.

https://www.9news.com/article/sports/nfl/denver-broncos/russell-wilson-accepting-offers-cherry-hills-village-home

insert joke about russ touchdown expectations and number of his bedrooms/bathrooms

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Pontius Pilate posted:

Well you gotta trust Fat Jesus even if they’ve never had it before, thanks for the recs y’all (tho lol if one of your first experiences outside of Australia is fuckin Kansas City)

Any dive bar favorites?

I dunno about dives. If you want a real dive, do Zoo Bar downtown.

There’s lots of speakeasies like Swordfish Tom’s and Drastic Measures depending on where you are in the metro. If you want the local bar chains then you can find The Peanut or Johnnys Tavern. Peanut has great wings and people swear by their BLT.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Pontius Pilate posted:

Any dive bar favorites?

What part of the city are you going to? KC is real spread out.

Try to go to the Plaza and Crossroads for areas. There are too many bars to choose from

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Joe's KC is awesome! There is also a little hole in the wall place called RJs Bob B Q that I love too

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

woof

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

Pontius Pilate posted:

Your question gets asked like, every week in some chiefs forum or the other, and the answer is always the same.

No hope for the satisfied man? What a strange newspaper

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://raiderswire.usatoday.com/20..._source=twitter

quote:

Raiders want to imitate Detroit Pistons 'Jordan Rules' to deal with Chiefs QB Patrick Mahomes

good luck with that

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Probably not a great idea to announce that in advance

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

lmao the bills, dolphins, ravens, and 49ers all tried that.

I love that the raiders think they cracked the code, though.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

lol some raiders are 100% getting ejected next year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
Teams are always physical with QBs not named Brady, it's not anything new. It's just motivational words from a coach to his team, I wouldn't think too hard about it. They'll be as rough with Mahomes as they can be without getting penalized and, shockingly, the Raiders were the least penalized team last year so AP actually does have them playing disciplined football.