Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

mannerup posted:

The JCPOA was the best possible deal we were going to get from Iran at that time (and nobody who drafted the agreement was dumb enough to believe it would prevent Iran from ever getting a viable nuclear weapon but rather slowed progress towards it by providing us comprehensive and verifiable evidence via the IAEA they were compliant with enrichment yields and inventory of subterfuges).

Those agreements where the consensus of experts (this is to slow them, not stop them) ran into public consensus (they are giving Iran billions of dollars to build more nukes and blow up America) and lost.

One of the worst arms control mistakes of the 21st century was pulling out of the JCOPA unilaterally imo.

Pages back but I enjoyed this typo

Overall point is correct though and it was one of the more enraging things Trump did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
The puppet from Saw is transmogrifying slowly into Richard D James.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking
I knew better than to open this thread the moment I woke up, yet here I am, witnessing the horror.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

kazil posted:

TRUMP DUMP

The best part of Loony Tunes wasn't when the heels would get owned by Bugs Bunny, but when they'd get all flustered afterwards.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

kazil posted:

TRUMP DUMP

"THE BIDEN DOJ IS TREATING ME LIKE NAVALNY" is sure something

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

central dogma posted:

I knew better than to open this thread the moment I woke up, yet here I am, witnessing the horror.

Trump needs to go back to getting wrecked by the court and his hilariously bad lawyers again so this thread can return to being a happy place. :(

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

central dogma posted:

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I find it so weird that trump just makes poo poo up over and over and people still blindly cheer him on their 10's of millions. Fascinating and at the same time really loving horrifying.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

morningdrew posted:

"THE BIDEN DOJ IS TREATING ME LIKE NAVALNY" is sure something

Particular because he's saying "oh no the left is making the country like that authoritarian hell hole one run by my personal hero Putin who I wish to emulate." Like of course he's going to very obviously leave Putin out when mentioning Navalny's death.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Stoatbringer posted:

Phew, good thing the country isn't so polarised now.
It legitimately isn't as polarized today as the nation was at the height of the slavery arguments. I think the ACW talk should actually put things into perspective, because you've got a lot of grumbling but no one's actually gonna secede or get into a shooting war over something like abortion rights. Even nominally the red-blue states end up demonstrating that a lot of the Republican party's agenda priorities are rather unpopular and if push came to shove most people would vote to preserve things like abortion access. There's a lot of fake outrages to stir up an amorphous grievance but when your most bitter partisans basically don't even show up to protests because they're too busy being online Internet warriors warning about FBI honeytraps, you're probably doing better than at a lot of periods of American history where the nation really was on the cusp of tearing itself apart.

theghostpt
Sep 1, 2009

:stare:

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Tai posted:

I find it so weird that trump just makes poo poo up over and over and people still blindly cheer him on their 10's of millions. Fascinating and at the same time really loving horrifying.

The only other option is Trump learning things.

withoutclass
Nov 6, 2007

Resist the siren call of rhinocerosness

College Slice

Tai posted:

It's pretty messed up that the biggest thing bringing any semblance of meaning to these people's lives is Trump, so I must lol.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

I am just so tired of winning

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol There it is. The Democrats killed Navalny.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Wrap it up Navalnyailures

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

"Navalny died of sudden death syndrome like Bird Brain's campaign!"

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

It's depressing to me that this troglodyte can just call a woman a birdbrain and receive grunts of approval if anything.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

It's depressing to me that this troglodyte can just call a woman a birdbrain and receive grunts of approval if anything.

He should have his head rocked back with a solid blow to the face every time he says "Peekaboo"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Lol his campaign officially delivered a bird cage to her hotel room at one point

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

Toxic Mental posted:

They didn't try to save him so they are obviously at fault!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Yeah the MAGA crew like when he acts like a particularly dumb school yard bully. Doesn't matter the target, they just like seeing him bully people as it makes him look "strong".

I'd say none of them even know what his polices are, but gently caress he only has one, so I guess most of them can at least remember that.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

Yeah it's another thing I hate about him. He just rolls around throwing baseless insults at anyone who he wants to.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

quote:

A trucker who went viral for saying he would refuse to drive into the Big Apple in protest over former President Trump getting hit with a $355 million fine in his fraud case has reversed course after he says he was being “misrepresented” as a leader of a movement. In a viral video posted by user “Chicago1Ray” on X, the trucker said he and some colleagues will “start refusing loads to New York City starting on Monday.”

“I don’t know how far across the country this is or how many truckers are going to start denying loads going to New York City, but I’ll tell you what — you f–k around and find out,” he said in the video, which has now been deleted. The trucker explained in a follow-up post that he took the video down because he didn’t want to be seen as a leader of a movement when all he did was post “chatter” he was hearing.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Toxic Mental posted:

But it's good because Navalny was a CIA plant sent by the globalist to destroy poor russia

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

He should have his head rocked back with a solid blow to the face every time he says "Peekaboo"

I'll cosign that poo poo

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Ultimately they're all cowards, bored bourgeoisie looking to add meaning to their lives but not really wanting to endanger the actual comfort they have.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

Same as "riggers". He's pulling the I'm not touching you thing with his slurs, which would get someone clocked if they weren't surrounded by armed security.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

Same as "riggers". He's pulling the I'm not touching you thing with his slurs, which would get someone clocked if they weren't surrounded by armed security.

That's the very definition of a coward, isn't it

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Leave it to Trump to 1: make the death of a regime critic in Russia about his favourite president (ME) and 2: not mention Putin at all.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

I like that the trial is taking place in outback Australia.

Somewhere I don't think Trump has ever visited.
It's a kangaroo court.

e:f,b a thousand times

Hirayuki fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 19, 2024

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol Trucker guy thought he was speaking for a silent majority and when it turned out that no one gave a poo poo he "reversed course"

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Hirayuki posted:

It's a kangaroo court.

One assumes the origin of the phrase comes from Australia, but I have no idea.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

This guy spent his whole life waiting for his William Wallace moment, where he got to fight nonexistent TYRANNY for FREEEEEDOMMM!!!!!! IT'S 1776 AGAIN BOYS LET'S ROLL!!!. It finally comes along, looking all tough and mad and then just goes "No, wait, not like this I'm so sorry if I gave off the wrong vibes somebody else do something though." LOL.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

tek79 posted:

This guy spent his whole life waiting for his William Wallace moment, where he got to fight nonexistent TYRANNY for FREEEEEDOMMM!!!!!! IT'S 1776 AGAIN BOYS LET'S ROLL!!!. It finally comes along, looking all tough and mad and then just goes "No, wait, not like this I'm so sorry if I gave off the wrong vibes somebody else do something though." LOL.

I would bet a lot of money that he lost just one contract and realized reaping is less fun than sowing.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

tek79 posted:

One of the most clarifying things I've heard was that they want to be movie protagonists where a revolution shows up behind them, all their perceived enemies fall at their feet in bloodless fashion, the actual fight is a tasteful montage of sanitized quick cuts, and then the scene fades to the aftermath where they're given medals and everyone goes home. Credits roll. They want their 15 minutes of fame without doing a single drat thing.

But the moment where this fantastic idyll of instant fame and relevance threatens their actual largely comfortable existence, you see backpeddling that could cleanly power whole states.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

tek79 posted:

Here it is, folks

The driving force behind the next Civil War, made flesh.

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
>detects Civil War President chat from 10,000 miles away<
>puts on cape and flies into the thread 50 posts late just to inhale forcefully and cry<

gently caress ANDREW JOHNSON.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

tek79 posted:

Because these fucks are comfortable, and realize that they jeopardize their livelihood by trying to be a real life rebel.