Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Kitfox88 posted:

I got a Core(TM) i7-7700K with 24 gigs of ram and a GTX 1080 Ti, is it even worth grabbing or should I just put that 40 bucks towards my planned new computer build for this fall? :v:

I have an i7-7700, a GTX 1060, and 16 gigs of ram. Game runs without issue on medium settings. Might be able to turn it up higher, but I haven't bothered because it looks great regardless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

LazyMaybe posted:

Unrelated, this happened on another mission:
There's this really cool glitch where sometimes it wants to land on top of the beacon and bounces away like a tin can. A second pelican comes down to extract you but once you're out, the post-game screen acts like you completed 2 missions, one which succeeds and one which fails, which completely fucks up the campaign you're on. I wonder how much more broken it would get if you were already on the final mission of the campaign.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Man this game is so much fun I sure would like to be able to play it. :arghfist::saddowns:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Pops Mgee posted:

Need them to make paintjob skins for super destroyers asap. Can't truly bring freedom to the galaxy without a giant anime pinup lady painted on my hull.

At last my destroyer "The Spear of Family Values" can have a flesh colored paintjob to match its name.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

CuddleCryptid posted:

At last my destroyer "The Spear of Family Values" can have a flesh colored paintjob to match its name.

Fist of Family Values

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Gonna launch this game before leaving for work and hope I'm logged in by the time I get home :kiddo:

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Only 290 super credits away from getting the premium warbond without having paid real dollars....

Now if only the game hadnt randomly emptied my inventory of all my collected samples, goddamnit I still dont have a single upgrade unlocked because of that, I was gonna go on a shopping spree!

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

If another Helldiver has a paid battle pass gun can I pick it up?

Game is great but I couldn’t find anyone on matchmaking last night and it just doesn’t slap solo. Even random matchmaking is good though. I gotta get on the friend code discord.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Tom Tucker posted:

If another Helldiver has a paid battle pass gun can I pick it up?

Game is great but I couldn’t find anyone on matchmaking last night and it just doesn’t slap solo. Even random matchmaking is good though. I gotta get on the friend code discord.

You can pick up any gun. The premium pass isn't necessarily paid either, you can pick up super credits and save them to buy it.

The JAR-5 Dominator from page 3 of the premium pass is loving awesome btw.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
Yeah, I haven't been playing like crazy and I'm currently at about 1/3rd of the supercreds needed for the premium pass-if I hadn't bought some supercred armor I'd be at more than 1/2 of the way there.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

JBP posted:

The JAR-5 Dominator from page 3 of the premium pass is loving awesome btw.

Speaking to the person you were replying to, I'd seriously get a friend to drop it for you to try out. I have no doubt it's effective, especially against Bots, but compared to the Breaker it's slower firing, has more recoil, requires more precise aiming, does less damage in most situations, has a longer recoil especially if you empty it fully, and can't full-auto (not that you'd want to with the recoil). I wouldn't recommend it to just anyone, it requires a particular kind of player who wants to deal with all of that to eke out the ways in which it surpasses the Breaker, so I'd say it's a pretty well-designed Bolter.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

did someone say Bolter :scrunt:

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Played a little bit on Steamdeck this morning and it's nice, just my aim is horrible lol.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Fist of Family Values

If you want to go the alliterative route, my ship is the Founding Father of Family Values.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Bloodplay it again posted:

Speaking of keybinds, what good tweaks can I make? I already changed run from hold to press once to save my pinky and rebinding strategem/terminal inputs to the arrow keys has helped with being able to move while calling for reinforcements. Any other hot tips?

I rebound dodge to space bar. Use that way more than the climb.

LuiCypher posted:

If you want to go the alliterative route, my ship is the Founding Father of Family Values.

My ship is the Will of the People.

Draven fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Feb 19, 2024

Chillyrabbit
Oct 24, 2012

The only sword wielding rabbit on the internet

Ultra Carp

Kitfox88 posted:

I got a Core(TM) i7-7700K with 24 gigs of ram and a GTX 1080 Ti, is it even worth grabbing or should I just put that 40 bucks towards my planned new computer build for this fall? :v:

I can run it off a gtx 1070 and i7-6700k 1920x1080

It isn't the smoothest thing around but I think it's perfectly playable.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

so they supposedly increased the difficulty of 7-9, but I can't really tell what they changed

anyone been running helldive regularly notice anything different?

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
Game looks great on PS5.

I've had a really good time so far. The robot fights are so much harder/intense/fun than the bugs it's pretty crazy.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

GlyphGryph posted:

Only 290 super credits away from getting the premium warbond without having paid real dollars....

Now if only the game hadnt randomly emptied my inventory of all my collected samples, goddamnit I still dont have a single upgrade unlocked because of that, I was gonna go on a shopping spree!

If you can get onto their discord, their community manager people pay good attention to the support forums.

I saw a thread with people who can't get the next difficulty unlocked getting their poo poo fixed.

DreadUnknown
Nov 4, 2020

Bird is the word.

Chad Sexington posted:

Game looks great on PS5.

I've had a really good time so far. The robot fights are so much harder/intense/fun than the bugs it's pretty crazy.

I was watching Cohhcarnage play robot missions, holy poo poo those look insane.
The robots look like a mashup of Terminator and 40K Necrons.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

What are people's thoughts about the Slugger? I've been seduced by the Breaker after swapping out my explosive Liberator - which looked like it was potent but actually wasn't, at least not compared to the Breaker. Looking to save up for it but its a pretty significant medals investment.

Have heard the Slugger is basically a more potent Breaker, but at the cost of fire rate and maybe mag size? Someone I read who was championing it said that basically you use your secondary for chaff. I've only really used my secondary in moments of sheer panic.

The same person was also convinced that the Slugger has medium armor penetration as opposed to the light that it's advertised as having.

I guess at a certain difficulty level you're not engaging chaff if you can avoid it?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

LuiCypher posted:

Subtlety is for communists.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

DreadUnknown posted:

I was watching Cohhcarnage play robot missions, holy poo poo those look insane.
The robots look like a mashup of Terminator and 40K Necrons.

I love how the hulk is the most accurate representation of a dreadnought from 40k. But yeah those bugged defense missions really speak true to the terror of being am imperial guardsman.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Can you disable the evac ship or did I just bug my game out after accidentally calling a strike down on it?

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Rolo posted:

Can you disable the evac ship or did I just bug my game out after accidentally calling a strike down on it?

It will leave if you go too far away from the drop zone for about 20-30 seconds, but it can bug out for a bunch of reasons including there being large objects underneath it like heavy corpses.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Rolo posted:

You can absolutely gently caress up the dropship by dropping pods (from weapons or other Divers) onto it. I don't think it'lle ver actually get destroyed but I've seen it ragdoll kilometers away when hit with a mortar pod, and then leave without us. So... Don't do that.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Durzel posted:

What are people's thoughts about the Slugger? I've been seduced by the Breaker after swapping out my explosive Liberator - which looked like it was potent but actually wasn't, at least not compared to the Breaker. Looking to save up for it but its a pretty significant medals investment.

Have heard the Slugger is basically a more potent Breaker, but at the cost of fire rate and maybe mag size? Someone I read who was championing it said that basically you use your secondary for chaff. I've only really used my secondary in moments of sheer panic.

The same person was also convinced that the Slugger has medium armor penetration as opposed to the light that it's advertised as having.

I guess at a certain difficulty level you're not engaging chaff if you can avoid it?

I use the slugger for bot missions. Not only does it have a decent amount of armor pen, but it also staggers the medium sized bots. You can just plug away at that rocket devastator and stun lock it. It's also a tack driver at range. And you reload to fill, so no tossed half full magazines.

one or two shots to rocket devastator's shoulder pods strips the rockets off easy peasy. And it basically one shots everything smaller.

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

the drop ship is like the one thing in the entire in-game mission gameplay that I really don't like

literally everything else is tuned for maximum hilarity and self inflicted harm

and then the extract is invincible

boooooring

they either should have let us load into seaf artillery and fire back into orbit in our freedom bullets, or made the eagle fully vulnerable and interactive

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Well the Pelican CAN kill you if it lands on you or if you're under the thrusters, so there's that at least

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

johnny park posted:

Well the Pelican CAN kill you if it lands on you or if you're under the thrusters, so there's that at least

But they made extra-sure that the door settles down gently to avoid potential Helldiver casualties! I've been smooshed by the door opening before and it was nice enough to mostly kill me instead of outright kill me.

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

Lol I forgot the door also has physics. In fact last week we couldn't get in because a hulk corpse blocked the door from opening

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The pelican can also shoot you if you are between it and it's Target

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Love its big thumping autocannon. Same as AC turret I think?

Would be funny if its ejected shells dropping hurt you

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
I’m guessing it was a bug then, it didn’t fly away, it just landed but we could go inside without it triggering the evac. Kind of a bummer but oh well game is good.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

CainFortea posted:

The pelican can also shoot you if you are between it and it's Target

I had it shoot something under me right as I was dropping off a ledge, the resulting explosion sent me flying 200 ft away. Right into a very angry group of bugs.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Durzel posted:

What are people's thoughts about the Slugger?

Someone who does Bots more than I do could probably speak more to that, but personally I feel the same way about the Slugger as I do about the JAR-5 above. It's just not the Breaker. It's slower firing, less damaging, more unwieldy, but also outranges the Breaker (but not as much as you'd think!) and can rounds-reload. Against Bugs I'd say no way is it anywhere close to the Breaker, against Bots the Slugger is probably better in a skilled player's hands. That's one of the strengths of the Breaker, you don't need to be particularly accurate and at 5 shots per second the Breaker solves the problem of You Are Going to Have a Bad Time if the 10 Bugs Around You Don't Die in the Next 3 Seconds. No other primary does that. Until you can avoid those situations, the Breaker is The One.

e: Forgot to mention the Slugger also moves your aiming reticle/screen during the pump-action, which I find very annoying.

e: VVVVV
Maybe that's a big deal against Bots, but really only Hiveguards have Medium Armor for bugs, and their entire side/backside is exposed and they stop advancing if you shoot at them once. You can also shoot beneath their armor and kill them in 5-6 shots from the front with the Breaker if you have to.

Baby T. Love fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Feb 19, 2024

johnny park
Sep 15, 2009

The Slugger also penetrates medium armor which is not shown on the tooltip

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Baby T. Love posted:

Someone who does Bots more than I do could probably speak more to that, but personally I feel the same way about the Slugger as I do about the JAR-5 above. It's just not the Breaker. It's slower firing, less damaging, more unwieldy, but also outranges the Breaker (but not as much as you'd think!) and can rounds-reload. Against Bugs I'd say no way is it anywhere close to the Breaker, against Bots the Slugger is probably better in a skilled player's hands. That's one of the strengths of the Breaker, you don't need to be particularly accurate and at 5 shots per second the Breaker solves the problem of You Are Going to Have a Bad Time if the 10 Bugs Around You Don't Die in the Next 3 Seconds. No other primary does that. Until you can avoid those situations, the Breaker is The One.

e: Forgot to mention it also moves your aiming reticle/screen during the pump-action, which I find very annoying.

e: VVVVV
Maybe that's a big deal against Bots, but really only Hiveguards have Medium Armor for bugs, and their entire side/backside is exposed and they stop advancing if you shoot at them once. You can also shoot beneath their armor and kill them in 5-6 shots from the front with the Breaker if you have to.
Yeah I feel like getting swamped is part of the tapestry of the game, and is unavoidable to some extent. Those jumping bastards and their bigger Stalker brothers are always going to be rushing you so RoF is definitely an important consideration.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

johnny park posted:

A Pelican FF I see a lot is people getting blasted by the Pelican's guns as it lands. It is functionally a sentry at that moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
How's the incendiary shotgun in the premium battle pass? I like the explosive AR so far but am slowly saving up for other options