Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Anders posted:

I don't think that fair to Peter Forsberg

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys
Would it be fair to say that trumpism is absorbing a chunk of the cultural power once held by evangelicalism in the US? That's the impression I'm getting from the other side of the Pacific, anyway

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Tree Bucket posted:

Would it be fair to say that trumpism is absorbing a chunk of the cultural power once held by evangelicalism in the US? That's the impression I'm getting from the other side of the Pacific, anyway

it's pretty much largely the same voting bloc

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Yea it's evangelical neocons into tea party into maga

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

^ yup

It's the same power. poo poo power.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean they've realized they can go to the same megachurch and see all their same MAGA friends, just none of that pussy liberal "Jesus" stuff

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Data Graham posted:

I mean they've realized they can go to the same megachurch and see all their same MAGA friends, just none of that pussy liberal "Jesus" stuff

Perhaps this will help the "scales fall from the eyes" of the few folks who actually were sincere about their faith.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kw0134 posted:

Ultimately they're all cowards, bored bourgeoisie looking to add meaning to their lives but not really wanting to endanger the actual comfort they have.

Ah yes truckers, the face of the bourgeois

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?

Tree Bucket posted:

What's it like under the sea

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

JonathonSpectre posted:

>detects Civil War President chat from 10,000 miles away<
>puts on cape and flies into the thread 50 posts late just to inhale forcefully and cry<

gently caress ANDREW JOHNSON.

brb, imagining an alternate USA where Johnson wasn’t around to sabotage Reconstruction, consequently buttfucking the country for the next 200 years

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Warm und Fuzzy posted:

The best part of Loony Tunes wasn't when the heels would get owned by Bugs Bunny, but when they'd get all flustered afterwards.

He didn’t just own them he also wore them

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

bird with big dick posted:

He didn’t just own them he also wore them

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Armacham posted:

damp

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Seth Pecksniff posted:

If they're owner operators who can take contracts because they own their rig, then...yeah? Ain't no one sitting in a Swift truck running loads for CVS making these videos who would even remotely think they're in a position to decline the job they get assigned.

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

This is all just speculation, we really don't have any way to know which, if any, of these Presidents were bottoms.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Armacham posted:

It's better down where it's wetter

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat

MechaX posted:

brb, imagining an alternate USA where Johnson wasn’t around to sabotage Reconstruction, consequently buttfucking the country for the next 200 years

Imagine if you did nothing else but remove Andrew Johnson, replace him with Union man Hannibal Hamlin, and then shoot Wade Hampton IV & Nathan Bedford Forrest.

Trump/Bush/Reagan etc. all suck, but the only reason we had any of them was that loving shitbird Andrew Johnson. gently caress Andrew Johnson.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug

Seth Pecksniff posted:

The truckers that actually drive are probably working, the truck owners and capital involved in trucking are all driving around and whining about taxes.

Trucking is a brutal profession with low margins and I don’t really see actual truck drivers loving off for a few weeks at a time without completely destroying their life savings and/or committing unemployment fraud.

Edit: beaten but yeah, trucking sucks thanks to capitalism (everything sucks thanks to capitalism)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Real “climbing the ropes during gym class” energy

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Because these fucks are comfortable, and realize that they jeopardize their livelihood by trying to be a real life rebel.

And it always goes to show how they don't actually believe anything they say they do. I've rallied with a group in-person at my city hall for better bicycle safety laws. I've known people take to the streets for weed legalization and basic human rights for LGBTQ+ people. This tough guy says a deep state shadow government has taken over the country and is wrongfully persecuting their Presidential candidate ahead of an election he says might destroy the country, and he isn't doing poo poo about it because even he somehow knows it's all nonsense.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I still can't believe how shallow the actual support for Trump is once you get beyond the bot-pumped appearances. Like, he only has rallies in tiny areas where he's guaranteed to have an appearance of "SELLING OUT THE STADIUM," and lately he can't even pull THE WHOLE TINY TOWN! It's amazing.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

funeral home DJ posted:

The truckers that actually drive are probably working, the truck owners and capital involved in trucking are all driving around and whining about taxes.

Trucking is a brutal profession with low margins and I don’t really see actual truck drivers loving off for a few weeks at a time without completely destroying their life savings and/or committing unemployment fraud.

Edit: beaten but yeah, trucking sucks thanks to capitalism (everything sucks thanks to capitalism)

They sure made a good show of blowing up their lives for no goddamn reason in Ottawa.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Is not the very core of MAGA, the beating heart of the hate and delusion, the small business owner? The roofer, the trucker, the electrician with 2 employees? The Self Made Man who needs no one and hates taxes (and other things)?

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

the heart of MAGA is clogged with burger

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

redshirt posted:

Is not the very core of MAGA, the beating heart of the hate and delusion, the small business owner? The roofer, the trucker, the electrician with 2 employees? The Self Made Man who needs no one and hates taxes (and other things)?

Nope, its largely the evangelicals, now there's a lot of small business owners among the evangelicals, but their core is the religious right.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

TulliusCicero posted:

This person is beyond sick in the head

Holy gently caress who let her in there?

She probably lied to them about why she was there to gain their trust or something. It's not like they would have any idea who she is.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos

redshirt posted:

Yes.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

redshirt posted:

the people who Trump would never pay if they ended up doing a job for him lol

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

Agents are GO! posted:

This is all just speculation, we really don't have any way to know which, if any, of these Presidents were bottoms.

There have been rumors about Buchanan.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Rhonne posted:

She probably lied to them about why she was there to gain their trust or something. It's not like they would have any idea who she is.

May have to move to Panama, sounds like paradise for this alone

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

redshirt posted:

the heart of maga are people who use their privilege to scream about how oppressed they are.
people who have enough time and money to complain about how they have no time or money thanks to [internet phrase]
idle people who see the most idle man in america as an idol to worship
if your envy turns into anger you're probably maga

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

InsertPotPun posted:

idle people who see the most idle man in america as an idol to worship

That's some poetry

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
Make America Gay Again

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Can’t overstate how embarrassing the Ottawa trfukers were on a national level. They were burning beer boxes and poo poo in our capital. I’m glad locals were loving up their cars, but they all should have been impounded and sold off to pay for the damages and loss of economic activity they caused

ragnarokette
Oct 7, 2021

redshirt posted:

This Hunter S Thompson quote is something I keep coming back to for this exact reason

Hunter S Thompson posted:

This maybe the year when we finally come face to face with ourselves; finally just lay back and say it—that we are really just a nation of 220 million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns, and no qualms at all about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Tai posted:

Make America Gay Again

:nyan:

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Tai posted:

Make America Gay Again

OK

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
motherfucker how are you so good at this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

kw0134 posted:

That's the rub though, you're not going to avert the ACW by wholly embracing the abolitionist side either. The equilibrium was already coming apart, the South could already see the writing on the wall with the way the new states that were inevitably going to be free states given that they've already fought a mini-civil war in Kansas and lost. (To maintain the equilibrium would have required more Western slave states.) Whether or not you like Buchanan as a person, you have to think of what another person would have done in his place and I don't think the answer would have resulted in much different because the historical forces that lead to the ACW are much larger than any single person, being a slow burning fuse that was lit in 1789 and finally reaching its end. Half the country deeply believed that slavery was good and just, the other half believed it was an abomination and I don't see an argument that bridges that divide which prevents war.

I wouldn't have personally pressured the Supreme Court to issue the Dred Scott decision and have my cabinet siphon federal weapons to start the Civil War, but that's just me.