Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

That won't be around long. They lose money literally every time someone puts in a prompt. It will never be profitable. Idiots are pumping billions into it which they will never see again. It will be abandoned as soon as they realize there's no profit coming and people hate the poo poo.

The one thing people have done for their entire lives is watch videos and look at pictures of people, they can tell when it's ai.

Look at how massive of an improvement Sora was from AI generated video a year ago. Its just going to get better and better and it will someday be production ready. It might take a decade or two, but its going to happen. The hype might die down before that is achieved too, but its going to happen. People will also forget there was even controversy about it, and it will just be a tool that people use every day.

The copyright issue isn't that big of an issue either. It just means creation of media can't be fully automated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

There's some sick consumerist mindset that more content equals better.

There's no market for it and quality shows / movies / books / videa games will always win out vs proc gen garbage.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

There's no market for it and quality shows / movies / books / videa games will always win out vs proc gen garbage.

So did "reality" TV disappear yet?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I assure you there will never be a market for AI generated reality TV. Sorta misses the whole point e.g. people.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
What do you mean have they been using real people in these all this time??? that's sick

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

The real Shad is people who are convinced that all the outrage videos are fake to generate outrage, are outraged by this

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Reality TV is people???

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I thought it was more like truth social

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

CainFortea posted:

The real Shad is people who are convinced that all the outrage videos are fake to generate outrage, are outraged by this

you're saying something can be funny if it's fake? It's okay to laugh at movies?

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I can see AI being used in a lot of things in the near future, not as complete works but supplementary parts. Videogame ambient music, book covers and such like. Certain genres of books like crime and fantasy often have a proc gen look already, such as my editions of The Dark Tower - the gunslingher has too many fingers!

This will be a terrible thing for working artists but publishers will love it if they can get around the copyright theft the AI does.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

pixaal posted:

you're saying something can be funny if it's fake? It's okay to laugh at movies?

It is not only possible, it is recommended!

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I assume big companies will simply bribe the government to make AI generated content exempt from copyright claims

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

I assume big companies will simply bribe the government to make AI generated content exempt from copyright claims

Except it's all the big companies who want the copyright protection

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I cast protection from justice 10' radius

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

bitterandtwisted posted:

I can see AI being used in a lot of things in the near future, not as complete works but supplementary parts. Videogame ambient music, book covers and such like. Certain genres of books like crime and fantasy often have a proc gen look already, such as my editions of The Dark Tower - the gunslingher has too many fingers!

This will be a terrible thing for working artists but publishers will love it if they can get around the copyright theft the AI does.

god the book covers are just so boring too.

Dark figure, Bloom cranked to 110%.
Thats really the problem with people who like AI crap, they dont even know what looks good.

Compare that to this

Ai sites can steal all they want but these nerds and souless corpos will never be able to steal good taste

Hihohe has a new favorite as of 17:12 on Feb 19, 2024

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
That gum hair video is like 5 years old you dorks

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

I regret to inform you that people will be glued to the screen with a blank expression for as long as you can provide a steady stream of literal poo poo interspersed with ads.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cable Guy posted:

https://twitter.com/HumansNoContext/status/1758919489994031321

I'd extract the vid but it's three minutes long and imgur won't host it.

fake af

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
This is how 911 happened

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
gum isn't even real

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

LifeSunDeath posted:

gum isn't even real

In the end, the real gum was the friends we made along the way

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
That video is fake but it reminds me of being in the crowd with a friend at a green day concert when I was a teenager. There was some sweaty guy with long hair in front of us who kept whipping his hair around and catching my friend in the face with it. After he'd been whacked a few times my friend spat out his chewing gum and dropped it in the guy's hood when he was holding still for a minute or two. In hindsight an unnecessarily dick move.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Hihohe posted:

god the book covers are just so boring too.

Dark figure, Bloom cranked to 110%.
Thats really the problem with people who like AI crap, they dont even know what looks good.

Compare that to this

Ai sites can steal all they want but these nerds and souless corpos will never be able to steal good taste

Goblins getting blasted by a cowboy shooting from the hip. That's how you sell books, folks.
Everyone who says you can't judge a book by its cover never published a book with as rad a cover as that.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://i.imgur.com/JFtu14E.mp4

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Thankfully the rocks cushioned his fall. Otherwise I'd be worried.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

bitterandtwisted posted:

This is canon, the extra fingers allow him to reload faster.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek?

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Slugworth posted:

This is canon, the extra fingers allow him to reload faster.

Ironically, the character is missing a few fingers so AI showing him with two intact hands would be the mistake :ironicat:

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Butterfly Valley posted:

That video is fake but it reminds me of being in the crowd with a friend at a green day concert when I was a teenager. There was some sweaty guy with long hair in front of us who kept whipping his hair around and catching my friend in the face with it. After he'd been whacked a few times my friend spat out his chewing gum and dropped it in the guy's hood when he was holding still for a minute or two. In hindsight an unnecessarily dick move.

A few years ago I had lawn tickets to see Alexisonfire's big reunion show. There was this wasted, shirtless meathead dude - total jock, looked extremely out of place but idk I guess hardcore fans are a wide spectrum - standing next to me and at one point he turned to me and went "Bro watch out I'm gonna piss right here." I was like "Oh no, don't do that" but I can't remember if he ever went through with it. Later on in the show he got real rowdy and started aggressively moshing and like, hurling himself down the grass. Maybe he got pee all over him.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
That's sounds like literally every hardcore fan though

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Takes No Damage posted:

Ironically, the character is missing a few fingers so AI showing him with two intact hands would be the mistake :ironicat:

I'm glad someone got the joke :)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
hey.... :mad:

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I'm glad two people got the joke

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Nordick posted:

If you think it's bad now, wait till people really get the ball rolling with the new Sora AI thing

that thing that still shits out nightmare fuel garbage?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

bitterandtwisted posted:

I'm glad two people got the joke

thank you cant be left out on my dark tower lore knowing or id have to tell my wife i failed on the internet today

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Bottom Liner posted:

that thing that still shits out nightmare fuel garbage?

Stephen King? Yup, still writing!

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

https://i.imgur.com/Kq1J6KC.mp4

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

oh no

Mauser
Dec 16, 2003

How did I even get here, son?!

youch. both shoes came off. butthole status = ded

Adbot