Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
Tetris Effect has been real great so far, but there better drat well be the original Tetris song hidden somewhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Dramicus posted:

Tetris Effect has been real great so far, but there better drat well be the original Tetris song hidden somewhere.

As far as I can tell, it's not there.

The closest things you have to that experience are:

1- Playing Tetris99 with the Gameboy theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEX5kHk8vb4

2- Playing Classic Score mode in TEC, which gives you a remix of Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairy, which I feel is the other, better 'OG Tetris song' :colbert:

As with all TEC tracks during gameplay, it builds up and up the more lines you get. It's a simple drumbeat at first. Also note that the video below shows the playing field not zoomed in whatsoever, which is weird for me, as I'm always having it zoomed in. You can adjust that at time, during gameplay, and there's an option to have it start at a specific zoom level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkGng6XOUqU

Christ this game is so good.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I had Tetris Effect on PS4 and played through it in VR. It was a religious experience. The chatter in this thread got me to rebuy it yesterday on Steam. I’m glad I held out and waited to play it again on the OLED screen in 90hz.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

As far as I can tell, it's not there.

https://youtu.be/8Oa-QtOFoHk?si=T6qgHiESpzKL1Ab8 Classic 1989 theme, available during the Weekend Ritual once 100% is achieved, or permanently by reaching XP level 50.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

Tempura Wizard posted:

https://youtu.be/8Oa-QtOFoHk?si=T6qgHiESpzKL1Ab8 Classic 1989 theme, available during the Weekend Ritual once 100% is achieved, or permanently by reaching XP level 50.

welp, guess I'm grinding to lvl 50.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Tempura Wizard posted:

:sickos:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Tempura Wizard posted:

Holy gently caress. I completely forgot about this.

On Switch, I'm somewhere in the 40s, and I only got it in Steam last week, so I haven't even gotten to level 20 yet. Wow, well there ya go.

Tetris Effect Connected has everything.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Snackmar posted:

I just started playing a few days ago - very fun! The characters and text are a teeny bit small for my taste in handheld mode, but it hasn't been a barrier so far

It's a really fun game that gets progressively bigger and more insane as it goes. I think I sank about 25 hours into it up to completion and it was constantly surprising me with new stuff right up until the end.

Paradoxish fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 19, 2024

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Yea Dave the Diver rules, I grabbed it a couple weeks ago in a combo pack with Dredge. Just constantly surprised at how much, "what if we added this in?" they did, all the way up to and including the final main mission level & end credits. I'm in the epilogue and I still know there is at least one more piece of management that is coming. I pretty much just played it docked, but I got a couple dives in handheld while traveling last week and while it was a little harder to identify some stuff, it was mostly fine. Relatedly, if you have a 3D printer, this holder was great for propping the deck up on the airplane. Much easier on my neck compared to when I just played with it in a stand on top of the seat back tray about 2 years ago for a longer flight.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Has anyone used Eneba to buy steam cd-keys?

I tried to buy my friend in Mexico the Phoenix Wright trilogy on Steam earlier but Steam would not let me because there is apparently a price difference with the LATAM version. And no way I can see to buy the LATAM version through Steam directly. I never would have thought we'd still have region locking in 2024.

It looks like I could get the LATAM version of the key through a reseller site but I've always found those shady. Eneba I found the key I'm looking for but is it safe?

It's a really stupid policy I can't purchase that regions version. What do they think I'm trying to get a lower price? I'll pay the full US price or whichever is higher if they let me.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve used them quite a bit for different stuff with no issues.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Key resellers these days are less sketchy in a “you might not get your key way” and more in a “you might be helping shady people launder money” kind of way.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cyrano4747 posted:

Key resellers these days are less sketchy in a “you might not get your key way” and more in a “you might be helping shady people launder money” kind of way.

I care about the latter more than the former. I just want steam to say how much money they want and then give them the money

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Green Man Gaming is legit, that’s the only place I buy keys outside of Steam.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The site looks good, I like how they efficiently say what region the game works in

Looks like all the Phoenix Wright games do not activate in Mexico at all!!!! No wonder my friend had never heard of them

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

John Wick of Dogs posted:

The site looks good, I like how they efficiently say what region the game works in

Looks like all the Phoenix Wright games do not activate in Mexico at all!!!! No wonder my friend had never heard of them

Can you just wire your buddy a few bucks and then have him VPN into American Steam? poo poo you've bought on an account should show up regardless of where you're currently logged in.

I lived in Europe for a year back around 2010 and there were a few games where I used a VPN to appear in the US so I could get the real version and not the neutered German version.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Been playing the Tomb Raider remastered collection. They hold up really well. Play with tank controls and original graphics though. I think the modern controls and modern graphics are a downgrade on both fronts.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Cyrano4747 posted:

Can you just wire your buddy a few bucks and then have him VPN into American Steam? poo poo you've bought on an account should show up regardless of where you're currently logged in.

I lived in Europe for a year back around 2010 and there were a few games where I used a VPN to appear in the US so I could get the real version and not the neutered German version.

I could just give her money but that's kind of impersonal and against the spirit of gift giving

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

PantsBandit posted:

Been playing the Tomb Raider remastered collection. They hold up really well. Play with tank controls and original graphics though. I think the modern controls and modern graphics are a downgrade on both fronts.

But at that point couldn't you just play the original?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I assume tank controls and old graphics still has loads of quality of life improvements the old ones don't have

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

John Wick of Dogs posted:

I assume tank controls and old graphics still has loads of quality of life improvements the old ones don't have

Correct

Well actually maybe not. I had assumed there were some performance improvements snuck in there in the old graphics but I think that may have been wrong.

The modern graphics are kinda cool don't get me wrong. Worth seeing at least for some of the cool lighting effects. Modern controls I think just make it harder because Lara is basically a pawn on a grid. Makes Lara Croft Go make a lot more sense in hindsight.

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 20, 2024

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Dave the Diver was great for like 15-20hrs and then it became an incredible slog to finish the loving thing, wading through the tsunami of systems that ultimately didn't matter at all

Yes, I should have stopped playing, but I Made A Commitment

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Getting to the lost underwater city basically killed my motivation to play more. It’s too big and a slog to swim through.

In might try to finish it when the Godzilla DLC gets a date.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Chadzok posted:

Dave the Diver was great for like 15-20hrs and then it became an incredible slog to finish the loving thing, wading through the tsunami of systems that ultimately didn't matter at all

Yes, I should have stopped playing, but I Made A Commitment

I went in pretty hot on Dave the Diver because of everyone raving about it last year but it's a mile wide and an inch deep and I hit a point where I just felt done with it and didn't have enough interest to keep pushing through the story. I'm sure I missed out on a few fun but ultimately repetitive minigames and some halfbaked systems loosely tied to the sushi restaurant but I can very easily live with that.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

Mode 7 posted:

I went in pretty hot on Dave the Diver because of everyone raving about it last year but it's a mile wide and an inch deep and I hit a point where I just felt done with it and didn't have enough interest to keep pushing through the story. I'm sure I missed out on a few fun but ultimately repetitive minigames and some halfbaked systems loosely tied to the sushi restaurant but I can very easily live with that.

See now this is a person who you just cannot get around to trusting. By their own admission, they're done when they're done, not when the contract has been fulfilled.

Me? Solid. Rock solid. A finisher. Reliable.

It was worth all those extra hours for this post alone.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Detective No. 27 posted:

Getting to the lost underwater city basically killed my motivation to play more. It’s too big and a slog to swim through.

In might try to finish it when the Godzilla DLC gets a date.

I had way more of that sea people currency than I need and just immediately buy the beluga to ride even if I have 1 stop

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

im excited to lose dozens of hours to balatro starting tomorrow. the first demo hooked me, and the broad hype after the recent fest confirmed it

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Tweak posted:

I had way more of that sea people currency than I need and just immediately buy the beluga to ride even if I have 1 stop

this is the way, gently caress spending ages in their stupid cavern city. YOU LIVE IN WATER MAKE YOUR TOWN HAVE THREE DIMENSIONS

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Yeah I sort of fell off Dave the diver for similar reasons. Every day you unlock a new app on your phone and a new busywork thing to do and none of it seemed to be going anywhere.

I also really didn’t like the restaurant management portion. I just wanted to swim.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Beve Stuscemi posted:

Yeah I sort of fell off Dave the diver for similar reasons. Every day you unlock a new app on your phone and a new busywork thing to do and none of it seemed to be going anywhere.

I also really didn’t like the restaurant management portion. I just wanted to swim.

It’s pretty overwhelming with all the systems they keep adding. It’s neat how they tie into each other, but still overwhelming.

I weirdly liked the restaurant management aspect more. Though once you get far enough it’s automates itself.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I think I made it to my first boss in Deep Rock Survivor. It just jumped on me then I was dead. It was the first disappointment I had with the game. At least it stopped me from a few more rounds before bed.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
I guess I never burned out on Dave the Diver because I just treated it as a straight linear narrative game and never really engaged with many of the side systems except to play around with them briefly when they were first introduced. It never felt like the kind of game that wanted me to stick around doing anything for long before moving on, so I didn't. I'm pretty sure I hit the epilogue in like 18-19 hours and then maybe spent another 3-4 hours dicking around before shelving it. I liked it pretty much the whole time, but I was absolutely nowhere near maxing out anything when I "finished."

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Capcom arcade humble bundle is a real nice thing to have on deck. 20 bux for like 70 classic arcade games

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I think Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor might be my favorite VS-like yet. Can't stop....rnngrh.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

So, any hope for Nightingale to work on the deck, or will my fan go nuts with it?

I'd settle for 30fps :shrug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Sloppy posted:

I think Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor might be my favorite VS-like yet. Can't stop....rnngrh.

Yeah same. I’m going to stop playing soon so I don’t burn out on it before it’s actually done.

Also hell divers 2 got some performance patches and it looks like it will mostly stay 30-40 fps.

The servers still seem to be hosed though.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

hadji murad posted:

I think I made it to my first boss in Deep Rock Survivor. It just jumped on me then I was dead. It was the first disappointment I had with the game. At least it stopped me from a few more rounds before bed.

Make sure to get 2-3 move speed upgrades (definitely diminishing returns) and just run around it in circles. I hope they add a couple more bosses, the only one there is super lame.

Chadzok fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 20, 2024

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Idk why it took me so long to find this but here's the answer to what changed in the tomb raider remaster other than graphics

https://youtu.be/Rqsqnb0-T4c?si=lCaZ4gsav_8VIhIO

Biggest thing to me is the framerate no longer being a locked 30. But they also made some small improvements to TR1's movement and packaged in some previously pc only expansions and features.

Concurrently playing TR1 and 2 right now. I'm past where I ever made it in 2 originally, 1 I'd gotten a bit further in.

3 is the one I had never touched. It has a goofy John Wu forward dive you can do out of a sprint, kinda fun.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

That Capcom arcade humble bundle is a real nice thing to have on deck. 20 bux for like 70 classic arcade games

Just to check, are they listing the packs and then the individual games in the pack?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Detective No. 27 posted:

I had Tetris Effect on PS4 and played through it in VR. It was a religious experience. The chatter in this thread got me to rebuy it yesterday on Steam. I’m glad I held out and waited to play it again on the OLED screen in 90hz.

I've bought it twice now, once for PSVR and once for Quest 3. Being able to play it without having to hook up any cables and cameras means I can play it a lot more. It absolutely is a religious experience. It's like video game drugs or something.

gently caress I am going to play it again tonight.