Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I just started the Lantern Rite quest, and I know everyone has already commented on it, but goddamn lol, they really did do Moon Carver and Mountain Shaper dirty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

went for one more pity, and got faruzan c6 and then a few more, nothing else useful, and Mona c3. I guess I *am* waiting for the next Nahida rerun!

Still, no regrets about getting c3 and c4, she's so ridiculous.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
lol the Nilou bloom team for the last day of the event is so broken that it throws 5 Ruin Drakes at you at once and they still all pop in 4 seconds. It really is just figuring out which characters they beefed up and which ones are lacking but there's no way to know until you pick them (Or just look it up ahead of time)

They order they appear aren't randomized at all though, it's static so if you do choose to look it up it's basically just free, not that any of them were hard to begin with

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's actually a weak nilou too. She only has 40,000HP which means she only gets a quarter of her passive's max value. She's just that ridiculously favorable vs that 4 drake layout (it was the same layout used during her rate up banner).

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

No Wave posted:

It's actually a weak nilou too. She only has 40,000HP which means she only gets a quarter of her passive's max value. She's just that ridiculously favorable vs that 4 drake layout (it was the same layout used during her rate up banner).
Well it was a pretty good demo for her, now that I've got almost everything I need for my account I'd love to pull a Kokomi or Nilou.

I haven't really tried out Candace yet but mine's at C4 or C5, hydro infusion sounds like it'd be great for an on-fielder but I'm guessing there's a reason she's looked at so poorly as a support character since Hydro is one of the most important elements in the game

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
It should surprise no one to hear this, but the Alhaitham offered in the back half of the draft is very good and you should probably pick him.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

I finished the Inazuma archon story and am on to the Chasm. I didn't realize that was added after Inazuma, along with the Liyue interlude introducing Shenhe. I'm going to keep pressing on the archon storyline to try to catch up before Natlan. I'm AR44 now too so the true game gear grind will begin soon enough.

I got Raiden to level 70 over the weekend and swapped her in for electro traveler, and lol, thats a bit of an upgrade. I want to start working on a second team, both for abyss and variety, but I think I should get my main team to 80 first.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tampa Bae posted:

Well it was a pretty good demo for her, now that I've got almost everything I need for my account I'd love to pull a Kokomi or Nilou.

I haven't really tried out Candace yet but mine's at C4 or C5, hydro infusion sounds like it'd be great for an on-fielder but I'm guessing there's a reason she's looked at so poorly as a support character since Hydro is one of the most important elements in the game
Candace's damage is low enough that it's not materially more damage than Barbara or Kokomi in dendro comps, and the energy she requires is non-trivial. (That's before bringing in Xingqiu, Yelan, Furina who are just overpowered.) Fundamentally she's a lot of work to do what other characters do way better.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

No Wave posted:

Candace's damage is low enough that it's not materially more damage than Barbara or Kokomi in dendro comps, and the energy she requires is non-trivial. (That's before bringing in Xingqiu, Yelan, Furina who are just overpowered.) Fundamentally she's a lot of work to do what other characters do way better.
"A lot of work to do what others do way better" is pretty shameful for an element with three 4* characters and arguably the most important element in reactions. I wonder if they'll start dropping new Hydro characters in the nation that makes the least sense, the fire nation.

Is Sigewinne slated to be the only hydro character released in the hydro nation?

bagrada posted:

I finished the Inazuma archon story and am on to the Chasm. I didn't realize that was added after Inazuma, along with the Liyue interlude introducing Shenhe. I'm going to keep pressing on the archon storyline to try to catch up before Natlan. I'm AR44 now too so the true game gear grind will begin soon enough.

I got Raiden to level 70 over the weekend and swapped her in for electro traveler, and lol, thats a bit of an upgrade. I want to start working on a second team, both for abyss and variety, but I think I should get my main team to 80 first.
The game just isn't that clear on Dragonspine and The Chasm as far as story goes since both are open pretty much as soon as you can leave Mondstat. I thought that Dragonspine was the second area when I first started playing during the Chalk Prince patch and boy was I in for a rude awakening. Then I took a long break and came back around this time last year, thinking that I could do The Chasm before Inazuma and boy, was I in for another rude awakening because I couldn't do the last bit of the chasm until completing a bunch of stuff in Inazuma.

I really appreciate Chenyu Vale a lot now and I hope that's how expansion areas are done in the future. Pretty self contained, and only really requires you to beat the tutorial (Mondstat and Liyue) before you can complete everything.

Tampa Bae fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Feb 19, 2024

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Do you mean "only 4-star" or "only remaining?" They kinda led with Neuvillette and Furina, after all.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Just started the new event and boy, ya'll weren't lying about some of these characters just having stupid rear end builds

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

Do you mean "only 4-star" or "only remaining?" They kinda led with Neuvillette and Furina, after all.
Oh I meant only 4* remaining, but she could be a 5* too, she was in the teaser trailer and that's about all we know so far. Neuvillette and Furina were incredibly broken but they're both limited 5*s, we need some more hydro characters on the standard banner.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

I really hate when they make you use trial characters with no real benefit to the player. People ask for endgame and a chance to use what they’ve spent so much time on and we get forced to play poo poo build versions while our characters stay in storage like usual.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

rio posted:

I really hate when they make you use trial characters with no real benefit to the player. People ask for endgame and a chance to use what they’ve spent so much time on and we get forced to play poo poo build versions while our characters stay in storage like usual.
They do have those events a couple times a year though. Not a real end-game but most casual players aren't full star'ing 12th floor either, but people who spend a lot of time on the game can do it with Amber or Dori. idk what the balance is other than introducing level 110 bosses that only whales or day 1 players can beat

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Personally I enjoy the chance to use characters I don't have or have not built.

AshtonDragon
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah, events that let us use characters that we normally don't/can't are good. But they definitely should also give us more reasons to use our own built characters.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tampa Bae posted:

They're both great, but depends on what you want. Nilou has been a star of basically every single abyss for me since I got her. Granted I went for her paddle, but any time there's aoe she aces that side, and with the paddle she can even handle single target. Everything just explodes you feel so powerful. I use Nahida/Baizhu/Nilou/Mona. Mona can be any hydro catalyst really but I just went with Mona because I wanted an excuse to level and use her, you're building them with the wrong stat to make the numbers funnier regardless of who you use.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

haypliss posted:

Personally I enjoy the chance to use characters I don't have or have not built.

Same, along with their 5* weapons, because even when I have a character built poorly, I never have their weapon

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Genshin combat devs testing 130 ER Xiangling and 200 EM Shinobu: Hrm... seems balanced I think. Alright, ship it.

Garrand posted:

Just started the new event and boy, ya'll weren't lying about some of these characters just having stupid rear end builds

Yes, it's truly amazing. You can't really count on anybody to really do the job they're supposed to. I've mosty tried to run 2 and 2 element teams for consistancy, even if this does lead to weird situations like using Ganyu+Ayaka as burst supports for onfield Koko and Yelan. In the melt challange.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Eimi posted:

They're both great, but depends on what you want. Nilou has been a star of basically every single abyss for me since I got her. Granted I went for her paddle, but any time there's aoe she aces that side, and with the paddle she can even handle single target. Everything just explodes you feel so powerful. I use Nahida/Baizhu/Nilou/Mona. Mona can be any hydro catalyst really but I just went with Mona because I wanted an excuse to level and use her, you're building them with the wrong stat to make the numbers funnier regardless of who you use.
Every Baizhu trial has taught me that the only thing he does better than Yaoyao is have a catalyst. I can use Yaoyao and stand AFK her entire burst duration and end with full health and that's way more valuable than the tall sickly man and his snake girlfriend

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tampa Bae posted:

Every Baizhu trial has taught me that the only thing he does better than Yaoyao is have a catalyst. I can use Yaoyao and stand AFK her entire burst duration and end with full health and that's way more valuable than the tall sickly man and his snake girlfriend

The dendro shield is at least valuable in Nilou's teams because you're taking all dendro damage. But I just had never built Yaoyao, and I prefer Baizhu as a character. :shrug:

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Tampa Bae posted:

If you ever try to use Yao as the healer in a Furina team you will regret your words and deeds

Also being a catalyst is a huge boon to any character !

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Eimi posted:

The dendro shield is at least valuable in Nilou's teams because you're taking all dendro damage. But I just had never built Yaoyao, and I prefer Baizhu as a character. :shrug:
Kirara has a shield too and it involves turning into a smol bus. She doesn't have healing but it's more fun to use in game

MoonCrab posted:

If you ever try to use Yao as the healer in a Furina team you will regret your words and deeds

Also being a catalyst is a huge boon to any character !
I mean, I regret using Yaoyao every time her burst decides to fight ghosts across the map but as long as I can dash to the orbs she drops it's more healing than I ever need

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Yaoyao and baizhu are both the best character

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Skill based healing is awesome, Baizhu has that and also heals the entire team. He's so comfy. Yaoyao can end up comparative in terms of general performance but he's got a lot of nice features.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Even if the only thing better about Baizhu were being Catalyst over Polearm, there are numerous reasons why that is a big improvement:
  • Prototype Amber is just a better stat stick than Black Tassel, and Rightful Reward trades away too much HP for Energy.
  • It's easier to proc Favonius Codex with Baizhu than Favonius Lance with Yaoyao if someone is hurt. Baizhu's E tracks and hits enemies up to 3 times, giving him a good chance of generating the Fav particles, then heals the entire party regardless of who is on the field after it comes back; Yaoyao's rabbit will prioritize healing over application and might not proc Fav before you need to rotate her off-field. Fav Codex also gives about 16% more ER over Fav Lance.
  • Baizhu can use Thrilling Tales to buff a swap DPS and isn't completely gimped by using it because it has HP% as a secondary (only about 6% off Prototype Amber). There's nothing comparable in Polearms that doesn't tank Yaoyao's HP.
  • Catalysts have a Sacrificial, if you desperately need Baizhu to E twice in quick succession, which also buffs his EM; Polearms have no CD reset weapon.
  • Baizhu can be an onfield driver for Hyperbloom or Burgeon teams that are using Xingqiu (not so much Yelan), because as a Catalyst user he can just spam click to apply Dendro; and he is a big brick of HP, which is ideal for a driver. You do have to stand close to things because of his short range, but if you're using Shinobu as your trigger you're doing that anyway. Even when Yaoyao is being on-fielded during her Burst, her attacks are going to be Physical, so you're at the mercy of the radish tosses for Dendro application.
But most important of all, Tall Male models run and climb better than Kid Female models. Baizhu is more athletic than Yaoyao even as he's hacking up a lung every other dash.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
I think the most damning thing I'd say about Baizhu is that he requires higher investment on all fronts to outperform a c0 Yaoyao. Yaoyao fills the same roll as Baizhu adequately with minimum investment. Yaoyao only needs a 3* polearm and some crappy HP% artifacts that reach a modest 160% ER threshold. Baizhu costs primos, you need the prototype amber, preferably at r5 which costs lots of billets, and even with that you need 180% ER minimum. Without an r5 proto amber his ER requirements are up to like 250% for consistent burst rotations. Without burst uptime Baizhu isn't applying dendro off-field and you'd be better off with Yaoyao.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
You only need 180% ER if you're running Baizhu as solo dendro, which is a goofy-rear end thing to do with a character whose kit (apart from generic healer stuff) is about buffing dendro reactions while having poor personal dendro application.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Nakar posted:

Even if the only thing better about Baizhu were being Catalyst over Polearm, there are numerous reasons why that is a big improvement:
  • Prototype Amber is just a better stat stick than Black Tassel, and Rightful Reward trades away too much HP for Energy.
  • It's easier to proc Favonius Codex with Baizhu than Favonius Lance with Yaoyao if someone is hurt. Baizhu's E tracks and hits enemies up to 3 times, giving him a good chance of generating the Fav particles, then heals the entire party regardless of who is on the field after it comes back; Yaoyao's rabbit will prioritize healing over application and might not proc Fav before you need to rotate her off-field. Fav Codex also gives about 16% more ER over Fav Lance.
  • Baizhu can use Thrilling Tales to buff a swap DPS and isn't completely gimped by using it because it has HP% as a secondary (only about 6% off Prototype Amber). There's nothing comparable in Polearms that doesn't tank Yaoyao's HP.
  • Catalysts have a Sacrificial, if you desperately need Baizhu to E twice in quick succession, which also buffs his EM; Polearms have no CD reset weapon.
  • Baizhu can be an onfield driver for Hyperbloom or Burgeon teams that are using Xingqiu (not so much Yelan), because as a Catalyst user he can just spam click to apply Dendro; and he is a big brick of HP, which is ideal for a driver. You do have to stand close to things because of his short range, but if you're using Shinobu as your trigger you're doing that anyway. Even when Yaoyao is being on-fielded during her Burst, her attacks are going to be Physical, so you're at the mercy of the radish tosses for Dendro application.
But most important of all, Tall Male models run and climb better than Kid Female models. Baizhu is more athletic than Yaoyao even as he's hacking up a lung every other dash.
Yaoyao at C0 is also nearly as good as Baizou and you can get her on standard or free once a year during Lunar New Year. The Yaoyao consolation prize is way better than spending wishes on a limited character. Even at C0 as long as you have some kind of hydro application, even as basic as Barbara you can just hit Yaoyao burst and still stand AFK for 20 seconds and then switch to Fischl or Kuki for hyperbloom damage and since she's a 4* she takes so much less investment to 4/8/8 and level 90 than Baizhou

Also it seems real silly if you're relying on Baizhou for overworld exploration

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

MoonCrab posted:

:yeah:

It's not that Yaoyao's bad because she definitely isn't, it's that Furina has made healers who can splash a mess of team-wide green numbers jump up several ranks. There's a reason he's had similar usage rates as absurd folks like Kazuha and Nahida the past few abyss rotations.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Asimo posted:

It's not that Yaoyao's bad because she definitely isn't, it's that Furina has made healers who can splash a mess of team-wide green numbers jump up several ranks. There's a reason he's had similar usage rates as absurd folks like Kazuha and Nahida the past few abyss rotations.
The reason is that Yaoyao's healing goes all over the place, sometimes it heals, sometimes it hurts an enemy, sometimes it goes across the planet where you'll never see it again. It's also why Jean is suddenly a great healer again because even though she's a circle healer it's pretty front loaded for Furina teams and you only have to stand in the circle for like, 6 seconds to have a full team heal.

It's also why Cloud Retainer is also lowkey good because she doesn't circle heal but if you've got anyone on your team that can plunge damage, you just do a lot of plunge damage while also healing your team up and she works pretty nice with Navia who can plunge Geo damage because she infuses herself and then heals because of CR. I really want CR on my Hu Tao account because Charge > Plunge is way more efficient and easier to use than her cancel combos

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yaoyao's there because sometimes the odd dendro application to a single enemies is just what you need. Her tiny heal over time is also great for proccing the MH set.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Asimo posted:

The Baizhu usage situation is interesting. The majority of it at the moment is because he's the most used fourth member in Neuvillette-Furina-Kazuha+1. And he doesn't really do anything especially great there he's just got a really good healer kit and no one else does anything special in that slot. So on one hand he's very popular for a pretty weird reason. But on the other hand you can pick any non-hydro non-anemo healer in that slot and he's just got a really quality kit. Though, going one step further, he is the ONLY 5 star non-hydro non-anemo rate up healer, so I guess it shouldn't be that surprising?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Baizhu has circumstances where he is actually better than Nahida, specifically in content where things spawn in waves and switching back to her is impossible or impractical, or in Aggravate teams with Kazuha where Nahida is too good at Dendro application and can make Swirling Electro difficult. Being an overworld healer not tied to a Burst who also doesn't require you to park and cycle through injured characters for several seconds like Furina/Kokomi/Yaoyao doesn't hurt. It's a small thing but it feels really good.

It's hard to articulate what exactly makes him so great, but it's there, and I don't think Xianyun threatens him all that much in terms of usage because he already fills roles in different teams than Jean did, who is the character truly threatened by her addition. Aggravate/Spread and Nilou Bloom don't generally want Furina, but often do want either interruption resistance or healing. Those also happen to be reactions buffed by his A4, though Bloom can be inconsistent since the A4 only applies to the on-fielder and they're not always the Bloom owner in Nilou teams. He's pretty amazing in double Dendro Hyperbloom as Nahida's lackey too.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

You only need 180% ER if you're running Baizhu as solo dendro, which is a goofy-rear end thing to do with a character whose kit (apart from generic healer stuff) is about buffing dendro reactions while having poor personal dendro application.
Pretty standard to run 1 dendro for aggravate: 2 electro, 1 anemo, and 1 dendro. You only need a little bit of dendro application. VV shred and anemo suction do more for electro damage than a 2nd dendro and you avoid the trap of see-sawing between aggravate/spread.

Same reason I rarely use 2 electro/2 dendro for spread. I want to focus on the dendro damage by getting 4-piece deepwood setups (Nahida/Yao Yao/Baizhu) quickly followed by a dendro DPS (Wanderer Tigh or Gilded Al-Haitham.) There's nothing wrong with 2 electro/2 dendro you just need to get the right ratio and that's kinda hard considering the number of electro supports with insane application. Triggering quicken with the wrong sequence screws things up.

Baizhu's A4 is finnicky. It doesn't buff the whole party on triggering a dendro reaction. He buffs a character on field who triggers a reaction after being healed by Baizhu's shield interval. The buff remains for 6s (even if the character leaves the field.) So you need to have a character be on field, get healed by Baizhu's burst interval, and then trigger a dendro reaction in that order. Did you buff a hydro character triggering bloom? Not gonna help your burgeon/hyperbloom damage. His A4 is more reliable for quicken reactions because no matter who gets buffed it's gonna make number go up for the final aggravate/spread reaction. Also his A4 only adds to your EM reaction modifier. 50k HP Baizhu is not gonna double your 800 EM hyperbloom damage.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
My best dumb Furina team was Furima, Yae Miko, Kokomi and Charlotte.

Summon water pets, toss lightning fox turrets, drop jellyfish, cast fanfare, make everything cold then start snapping photos with the reporter. That's about it really.

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
Just now started the new trial character event, and I don't have a lot of complaints or notes so far besides:

1. Oh. At some point I turned on the Zoom Lens even though I don't have Charlotte, and that means Trial Charlotte has no skill, and it cannot be disabled from within the trial. Whoops.

2. Dehya. Dehya all I needed you to do was battery Xiangling. And you had Xianyun helping you, I'm pretty she she's pretty good at particle generation too. Dehya how did you gently caress that up?

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Tampa Bae posted:

The fact that you need Yaoyao fielded is the difference. Standing there for ten seconds to heal isn't exactly a selling point.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
Does anyone know if Golden Troupe is the best set for Yae Miko nowadays? KQM guides haven't been updated since 4.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Obfuscation posted:

Does anyone know if Golden Troupe is the best set for Yae Miko nowadays? KQM guides haven't been updated since 4.0.

If you don't have the ER% to burst every rotation it's ahead. And if you don't run her in a dendro team.