Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

gold-plated trump face, twice the size as the others

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
they should build a second, bigger mountain behind mt rushmore and put a giant trump head on top of it

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
just carve the entire applachian range into endless busts of kamala cackling maniacally

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!! posted:

at the point you are arguing the pertinence of a menswear gimmick account on twitter to politics, you have lost yourself down the Will Stancil hole

I think it serves as part of the overall trend towards greater criticism of Biden from generally pro-Dem circles. People can sense when someone is weak, and more and more it's clear that Biden is fair game.

I think as we get closer to the election not just criticism but outright anger from Democrats is going to start popping up in unexpected places. Nobody likes being tied to a loser.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Gripweed posted:

I think it serves as part of the overall trend towards greater criticism of Biden from generally pro-Dem circles. People can sense when someone is weak, and more and more it's clear that Biden is fair game.

I think as we get closer to the election not just criticism but outright anger from Democrats is going to start popping up in unexpected places. Nobody likes being tied to a loser.

Precisely

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/POTUS/status/1759601233289990281?s=20

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Not even people who identify as losers, e.g. registered Democrats?

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

In 2017 anti-Trump voters donned pink hats to march on Washington, registering their fury with Donald Trump by the hundreds of thousands. Then they flipped the House from Republican control, won the presidency and secured a surprisingly strong showing in the 2022 midterm elections.

This year, they grapple with another powerful sentiment: exhaustion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/19/us/politics/trump-resistance-democrats-voters.html

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

i think it's nice to have a suit that fits well

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Young adults’ wealth is growing, but they're not saving while many feel they don’t have a choice.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/millennials-gen-z-financial-cliff-saving-less-spending-rcna138004

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

quote:

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg visited East Palestine, Ohio on Thursday, nearly three weeks after a disastrous train derailment released toxic chemicals into the air and forced hundreds of residents to evacuate.

https://www.npr.org/2024/02/16/1232172327/biden-goes-to-east-palestine

gently caress yourself Joe

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

In 2017 anti-Trump voters donned pink hats to march on Washington, registering their fury with Donald Trump by the hundreds of thousands. Then they flipped the House from Republican control, won the presidency and secured a surprisingly strong showing in the 2022 midterm elections.

This year, they grapple with another powerful sentiment: exhaustion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/19/us/politics/trump-resistance-democrats-voters.html

lmao

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

That’s right, they have been there since day one downplaying the severity of the disaster, saying the people that live there deserve to die because they are Trump supporters, and doing everything in their power to save Pete Buttigieg’s career.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Clip-On Fedora posted:

That’s right, they have been there since day one downplaying the severity of the disaster, saying the people that live there deserve to die because they are Trump supporters, and doing everything in their power to save Pete Buttigieg’s career.

don't forget breaking labor so the conditions leading to the derailment is allowed to continue

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

*immediately flies home*

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

Young adults’ wealth is growing, but they're not saving while many feel they don’t have a choice.

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/millennials-gen-z-financial-cliff-saving-less-spending-rcna138004

quote:

Easmael earned her masters in biochemistry and biomedical sciences in 2020 and took a job making around $100,000 annually as an epidemiologist for the state of New Jersey. But after two years in the role and with inflation then hovering near 40-year highs, she left her job to pursue a pharmacy doctorate, hoping to lift her earning prospects.

While she’s saving on rent by living with her parents, her full academic scholarship doesn’t make up for a $70,000 pay cut working part time as a nanny and hospital pharmacy tech while also interning at Walgreens.

“There’s absolutely no way you can be OK with one job,” said Easmael
what the gently caress is wrong with people

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Clip-On Fedora posted:

wehr gohngto- to khontinue to hol ‘dnorthfucsuthrn fully ahcntlbe…

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I've had to have things bespoke tailored before, and still like British tailoring and boots, but if every single thing the American president wore was bespoke, I feel like political attacks would be too easy. Pragmatically, wearing "attainable" clothes is probably more comparable with the image Americans have of their society than say what's worn in House of Lords or by the Royal Family.

Realistically, not everything you wear in a workday needs to be an Eton shirt and Sanders and Sanders shoes.

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

I will take Obama on Mt Rushmore but only if they put Trump up there too.

Haha same.

e: do we have to send them food when they're up there?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

How! posted:

wehr gohngto- to khontinue to hol ‘dnorthfucsuthrn fully ahcntlbe…

*Everyone still alive nods sagely.*

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
There's a guy named Kirby Allison who does a menswear fashion series on Youtube, including a bunch of fitting sessions with bespoke garment makers. It's truly fascinating to see the process and how much work and trial and error goes into custom clothes. I'm not a fan of his interview style, though, he gets too eager and talks over the professionals frequently. Big "I can explain this better than you because I read a Wikipedia article this morning" energy.

I'll never have the money to have bespoke clothes made so that kind of stuff is the closest I can get.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Uncle Wemus posted:

quote:

Mohit Singla, 33, became a senior director at a biotech firm in September, with a 20% pay bump that brought his and his wife’s combined annual income close to $500,000. But a new baby arrived in December, and the rent for their two-bedroom unit in Jersey City, New Jersey, has jumped to $5,500 from $3,700 three years ago.

They would have bought a house and maybe a car as well “if the economy had been different,” Singla said. “We still can, but it doesn’t make sense” with elevated mortgage rates, he said.

Fine dining is the one indulgence Singla and his wife have agreed to hold on to, spending no more than $200 on an upscale meal every other weekend.

quote:

Before moving to Houston, Crowder was sleeping in the living room of his mother’s two-bedroom Nashville-area apartment. When her landlord announced plans to renovate and hike her rent to $1,000 a month from $600, she moved elsewhere and he struck out to explore another city, he said.

Crowder remains upbeat, though. He pays about $140 a week for a room in an eight-bedroom home he found listed on PadSplit, keeping his living costs down. While his credit score is low and his savings have shrunk to $1,000 in the last couple years, he said his debts total only around $1,200, all of it on credit cards.

I don't think these things are the same phenomenon

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
I bought a suit last year for a formal dinner and while it's the farthest thing from bespoke it was nice to just check if it fit me well - no collar gap, sleeves not too long, no bulging at the midsection

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

yeah they have been there lying and screwing over the people of the town

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

don't forget breaking labor so the conditions leading to the derailment is allowed to continue

Derailments happen all the time! It’s perfectly natural!

Organ Fiend
May 21, 2007

custom title

Empirical evidence that TRUMP is the best president?

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

gently caress you. Taking an entire year to visit a town is not political malpractice; it's malfeasance (and incompetence).

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

gently caress you. Taking an entire year to visit a town is not political malpractice; it's malfeasance (and incompetence).

is it still malfeasance if he didn't realize it's been a year or even what year it is?

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005

Am I handsome now?

Imagine if this happened a year later.

We'd be seeing a bunch of libs not pay attention to the context and talk about how East Palestine deserved it for all of the made up warcrimes they did against Israel. And that their crappy country's lovely infrastructure was the cause of the derailment.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Fitzy Fitz posted:

is it still malfeasance if he didn't realize it's been a year or even what year it is?

Honestly, I would still say yes . The fact that Butcher Biden's handlers, including Rat Boy, didn't see fit to give two fucks about East Palestine until it was an election year is one of the most egregious modern examples of malfeasance/apathy I can think of.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

In more Broadway gossip, the new Glinda in Wicked, Alexandra Socha, is an outspoken Zionist - even by NYC theatre standards - and there's been a bit of unease about her casting.

Probably they'll just tell her to tone it down on social media, but it's the first time I've seen theatre kids care about Palestine when someone is cast for a role, so.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Halloween Jack posted:

Not even people who identify as losers, e.g. registered Democrats?

That’s key, Democrats define themselves by supporting the best people. Obama was the candidate who was going to transform America, Clinto was the most qualified candidate ever, etc. Democrats vote for Democrats because the Democrat is always the best candidate for the job, objectively. Winning or losing doesn’t matter.

So as it becomes increasingly clear that Biden is a loving zombie, that is going to lead to emotional distress. Right now it’s all denial, as you see in the response to John Stewart’s heretical monologue. But more and more people are going to become unable to deny the evidence of their senses and accept that Biden’s not up to it.

Gripweed has issued a correction as of 18:21 on Feb 19, 2024

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/saraecook/status/1759608696298938786?s=20

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

walking
hard
thank
you

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBD-U3nypfE

I don't know if you can cringe to death, but this as less than 2k views after 3 days, where in 2020 every person in the arts was posting about the upcoming election and getting a huge response.

I saw SIX in Toronto and thought it was awful, so they were starting from a bad place here, but still. If Biden has lost Broadway, he's lost entirely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNcEVYq2qUg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZrpMeLE5Xw

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 18:42 on Feb 19, 2024

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Probably Magic posted:

Greatly confused by what liberals think Putin's war goals are.

They think he wants to expand the USSR"Russian Empire" throughout the entire world

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Also, trying to understand why a being of pure evil like Putin (or any other Russian) does anything means you sympathize with them and it’s insanely problematic

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Best Friends posted:

Also, trying to understand why a being of pure evil like Putin (or any other Russian) does anything means you sympathize with them and it’s insanely problematic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
"Don't Lose Ur Head" is alright but the rest of the songs from SIX bored me