Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyoujin
Oct 7, 2009

John Wick of Dogs posted:

that middling Rhythm game on 3ds

Harmoknight was actually a lot of fun for the most part. The boss fights were hard to gauge with perspective changes but most of the stages were pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Mario vs Donkey Kong is the most 7/10 game I've ever played but that's exactly what I wanted, a nice low effort C- for the long weekend.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I like that Donkey Kong had a giant Dr Wily robot, and I like the little toys begging Mario to come back when you go off their screen

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

otter posted:

You forgot Torna, which is like. Quasi-DLC but is its own standalone game really. I bought my copy from Japan during the pandemic and you can find it cheaper now. I think there are some versions which come with a copy of xbc2.

I'd disagree and say Torna relies very heavily on context of having beaten XBC2, or at least be fairly far through it, as it's going through a lot of alluded-to moments from the main game. That and it doesn't even really cap its ending properly, it just trails off in a "Aaand you know what happens next...:ohdear:" way, followed by an epilogue that has zero context otherwise.

On the topic of the other Xenoblades, I'd say it's absolutely worth playing 1 and 2 first if you're considering doing so. They're good games on their own, and having the context of them does add some extra engagement to XBC3's story because it raises EVEN MORE questions about what's going on rather than answer them early.

XBC 1&2 can really be played in either order, though 1 is probably the better starting place, XBC3 is just very firmly set after both.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'd disagree and say Torna relies very heavily on context of having beaten XBC2…

I meant more in that it doesn’t require the purchase of xbc2.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

robot roll call posted:

new Pocket Card Jockey confirmed

please

Your wish is granted. It's only available on Apple Arcade. A finger on the monkey's paw curls up.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

glassyalabolas posted:

Your wish is granted. It's only available on Apple Arcade. A finger on the monkey's paw curls up.

yeah I meant on a real system

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Hogama posted:

lol

For what it's worth, Pyoro's accurately provided hints for multiple Directs before in advance of them dropping. Like Mario vs. DK, F-Zero 99, Another Code: Recollection, NSO emulation stuff. Likes to be cute and make people guess, though.

It's kinda fun this way, plus less risk of getting exposed as a leaker.

Also AFAIK they're not a weirdo about being a big name leaker like most people Len posts here. Could easily be wrong about that though

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
People just can’t wait to be advertised to they listen to leakers. its semi deranged

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
https://twitter.com/Pyoro_X/status/1759586391674241353
Fits in line with earlier rumors that this Direct is probably going to be a Partner Showcase.
Edit: Gamecube port?

hatty posted:

People just can’t wait to be advertised to they listen to leakers. its semi deranged
One of these days the Switch 3 is going to be real!

Hogama fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 19, 2024

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Bloomberg posted a thing that the Switch 2 was delayed and Nintendo stock dropped, because that makes sense

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

hatty posted:

Thank you for putting in such succinct terms what has always bothered me about the general fascination with leakers.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

The “dolphins” hint makes me think of the N64.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
Wasn't dolphin the GameCube?

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Len posted:

Bloomberg posted a thing that the Switch 2 was delayed and Nintendo stock dropped, because that makes sense

Huh, I thought Nintendo was privately owned. The more u know!

Edit: I guess I confused it for valve

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

External Organs posted:

Huh, I thought Nintendo was privately owned. The more u know!

Edit: I guess I confused it for valve

Off topic but please report back after your daughter gets to be mermaid peach :)

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Off topic but please report back after your daughter gets to be mermaid peach :)

Hell yeah I will. Not until April, though!!

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

WHY BONER NOW posted:

Wasn't dolphin the GameCube?

I checked and can confirm you are right and I am an idiot.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Len posted:

I mean it makes absolute sense if that's what you mean

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.

Yess a Wave Race sequel

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Hogama posted:

https://twitter.com/Pyoro_X/status/1759586391674241353
Fits in line with earlier rumors that this Direct is probably going to be a Partner Showcase.
Edit: Gamecube port?

One of these days the Switch 3 is going to be real!

Watch it be Wind Waker and Twilight Princess remasters again.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I’d buy that though. Even though I have 8 GameCubes, 2 Wiis, 2 Wii Us…
I bought windwaker for GameCube and never made it past the first hour or so. Couldn’t get the controls down. I seem to be a lot more coordinated in my 40s than my 20s.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

At this point, if the Super Switch U really is capable of 4K@60fps, I hope they hold off on these until they can release them for the new console

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Oh no, not that, anything but that.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Finally some good Zelda games

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Wind Waker remake where they put in all the dungeons that ended up in TP, then they make new dungeons for TP.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

I hate that penguin

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1759612611530826111

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04qPdGNA_KM

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It’s Wave Race and Wave Race:Blue Storm

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

The dolphin reference makes me think of the Delphinus ship from Skies of Arcadia Legends

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

otter posted:

I’d buy that though. Even though I have 8 GameCubes, 2 Wiis, 2 Wii Us…
I bought windwaker for GameCube and never made it past the first hour or so. Couldn’t get the controls down. I seem to be a lot more coordinated in my 40s than my 20s.

Did you try swapping A + B in the system controls

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Shammypants posted:

I mean it makes absolute sense if that's what you mean

It doesn't though, Bloomberg has been saying SWITCH PRO every month for years. They have no idea what the hell they're talking about

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

TheMightyBoops posted:

It’s Wave Race and Wave Race:Blue Storm

Wave Race was one of the top three N64 games for a long long time and I dunno if it ever got pushed off that podium

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

mdemone posted:

Wave Race was one of the top three N64 games for a long long time and I dunno if it ever got pushed off that podium

There was also a Gameboy game that the N64 one was technically a sequel to and/or remake of (kind of like how Pilotwings was a SNES title). Not sure if it was any good though

otter
Jul 23, 2007

word.

Butterfly Valley posted:

Did you try swapping A + B in the system controls

No, I couldn't work with camera aim kinds of things.
I had also never played more than like 5 minutes of Mario 64 (I am now up to like 10 minutes lifetime on that).
It actually wasn't until after my head injury where I couldn't work anything and sat down and put in time playing fortnite that I became able to do it better.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

I always knew that guy was up to something

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Finished Blasphemous 2 at 100%. Well, technically, I missed the one missable thing in the game (the extra health upgrade if you always fill the chalice at the Blood Lady) But game says 100% and got the true ending sooo. Overall I agree with the goons, game is a much marked improvement gameplay-wise from the first, the weapons system is great and making Beads be defensive equipment and focusing the build stuff on the statues was a great move; but in exchange the game lost a bit of its charm. The bosses I still found cool in a "how can we make all these weird Catholic Orders into varied boss fights", but I didn't quite like the linearity of the second half (when it could have been open! You could have had 4 objectives!). That said the game still had a classic Blasphemous 1 moment in the form of Boob Dad.

Also the true ending featuring the Penitent One finally resting in peace, in actual heaven, and seeing every helpful NPC who died there like Crisanta and Diosdado really pulled at my strings :unsmith: Anyways, I hope they do add a bit more, at least a NG+ to have some fun with builds. Even if it's a 10€ DLC, the devs did gain my trust.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

otter posted:

No, I couldn't work with camera aim kinds of things.
I had also never played more than like 5 minutes of Mario 64 (I am now up to like 10 minutes lifetime on that).
It actually wasn't until after my head injury where I couldn't work anything and sat down and put in time playing fortnite that I became able to do it better.

Sorry it was a bad joke at the expense of some dude in their 40s who posted here recently saying he was incapable of playing Nintendo games without being able to swap the primary action to the bottom face button

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Finished Blasphemous 2 at 100%

holy poo poo how did you do that so quickly lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Quantum of Phallus posted:

holy poo poo how did you do that so quickly lol

Had a lot of free time these days. Also I will admit after getting the last movement upgrade and checking the whole map I did look up some of the stuff I missed (my other complaint, the linear relic upgrades means without note taking you will forget a lot of stuff you could get. I hope Prince of Persia sets an standard). The only real grinding was getting the last Martyrdom but full Guilt and the beads help with that. also i might have almost gone on an all-nighter playing the game with how fun it was.

Edit: 16h 32m of playtime according to the save file. Playing Blasphemous 1 so recently might have also been a factor now that I think about it.

GiantRockFromSpace fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Feb 19, 2024