Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

James Stupidly is up to his usual brain gems https://twitter.com/JamesCleverly/status/1759597950353752091?s=20

*in the middle of a care worker staffing crisis* time to get more racist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Hate it when care workers have dependants.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
who the gently caress encounters care workers doing the most essential and undervalued work in society and gets into a stew wondering if they're going home to a family in their free time

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

OwlFancier posted:

Hate it when care workers have dependants.

You only get to have our dependants thank you very much :mad:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I'm reminded yet again of my 90+ year old ex neighbour, who once confided in me that she voted to leave the EU because, in her words: "I'm fed up struggling to understand all the accents of these foreign nurses and doctors."

People like this walk among us. People like this also vote.

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

Solefald posted:

what's your thought on the new mint chocolate orange

Is it both minty and orangey?
Coz that sounds awful

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive

crispix posted:

who the gently caress encounters care workers doing the most essential and undervalued work in society and gets into a stew wondering if they're going home to a family in their free time

racists, op

Mebh
May 10, 2010

My mum has been slowly getting more subtly racist the older shes gotten. From "but aren't they cold?" To "but why do they have to come here?" To the most recent a few months ago while reversing her car some not white gents walked behind her causing her to tut and say they were "looking for camels" which I questioned and she got very snippy saying "it's just a phrase, it doesn't mean anything!"

It's not a phrase I could find.

I just think paranoid delusions grip most of our elderly. Mostly due to the news they all still consume on a daily basis.

Oh and she does nothing but complain about all the non white care workers in the hospital and the non white cleaners we have. Yay.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Mebh posted:

My mum has been slowly getting more subtly racist the older shes gotten. From "but aren't they cold?" To "but why do they have to come here?" To the most recent a few months ago while reversing her car some not white gents walked behind her causing her to tut and say they were "looking for camels" which I questioned and she got very snippy saying "it's just a phrase, it doesn't mean anything!"

It's not a phrase I could find.

I just think paranoid delusions grip most of our elderly. Mostly due to the news they all still consume on a daily basis.

Oh and she does nothing but complain about all the non white care workers in the hospital and the non white cleaners we have. Yay.

“Looking For Badgers” was a euphemism once used by an MP who got caught by the papers in a wood cruising for some rough trade.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DreddyMatt posted:

Is it both minty and orangey?
Coz that sounds awful

No it’s just mint and it’s great

DreddyMatt
Nov 25, 2002
MY LACK OF KNOWLEDGE OF CURRENT EVENTS IS EXCEEDED ONLY BY MY UNQUENCHABLE THIRST FOR PISS. FUK U AMERIKKKA!!

History Comes Inside! posted:

No it’s just mint and it’s great

Mint chocolate is fine, but I have an issue with them calling it a chocolate orange

E: gonna get trading standards on them

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

DreddyMatt posted:

Mint chocolate is fine, but I have an issue with them calling it a chocolate orange

There's probably one of those grid diagrams for it. Orange is the form or whatever, chocolate the medium and mint the flavour.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

killerwhat posted:

I've never had a bloodshot! Sad to hear I've missed my chance to get the true experience. I'm planning on going for dinner there in a couple of weeks, me and now-husband went there for our first date so every few years we go back for our anniversary (19th this year!). I will finally try the bloodshot this time.

Yeah the foods decent. Me & my missus love the stuff but if it takes about 2 pints to get rid of the choking taste of paprika from a 25ml shot they're doing something wrong. Sure they have a variety on the shotlist that doesn't have it in, I'll check if we're walking by anytime soon, I don't drink in Soho as much as I used to.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

DreddyMatt posted:

E: gonna get trading standards on them

It’s alright they don’t actually call it a mint chocolate orange it’s called a “terrys chocolate mint” or some poo poo

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
terry's chocolate minge

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Nuclear Spoon posted:

terry's chocolate minge

Better than the alternatives

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Nuclear Spoon posted:

terry's chocolate minge

Aka Terry's bussy

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

whats the odds of this being sarcastic

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Never been to Whitby, given I moved to a rather picturesque seaside town (well, kinda) it does seem a bit of a waste.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Starbucks posted:

Never been to Whitby, given I moved to a rather picturesque seaside town (well, kinda) it does seem a bit of a waste.

Yeah, I live near Blackpool so there's no need to go anywhere else.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Guavanaut posted:

I always read that as "rule by khakis" as in the even more disrespectful variant of 'tan' popular in parts of Africa to refer to people who are probably At It Again. And I guess that also works out in this instance if Sue Gray and Kier Starmer are running it on behalf of the security services free opinions of the British people.

As opposed to "rule by car keys" which is swinging

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

crispix posted:

It took me about ten dozen "show more replies" but I found him yr welcum.

I also saw these which might answer any follow-up questions you might have

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

PriorMarcus posted:

Yeah, I live near Blackpool so there's no need to go anywhere else.

Goondolences

Mr Teatime
Apr 7, 2009

Mint ice cream is poo poo but sometimes it turns out to be pistachio instead, which while already amazing is improved drastically by the whiplash of depression to joy that the mint to pistachio pathway provides.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

whats the odds of this being sarcastic

This is absolutely sarcastic dear goon. Anyone in the thread on Helldivers 2? It’s the first game I’ve properly played in years and it’s mint (not like ice cream or chocolate oranges though)

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I used to love mint ice cream and I had some a few weeks ago and I hated it. I'm blaming the HRT.

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Bought the chocolate orange with mini eggs. Couldn't get the orange but found the choccy bar. Can confirm it's good, tastes exactly like m&ms but inside out.
E: also mint ice cream is one of my favorites only beaten out by Pralines and cream, Dulce de leche, Belgian chocolate and pistachio.

Mebh fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Feb 19, 2024

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jakabite posted:

This is absolutely sarcastic dear goon. Anyone in the thread on Helldivers 2? It’s the first game I’ve properly played in years and it’s mint (not like ice cream or chocolate oranges though)

Downloading as we speak

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Someone tell me where to buy the mini egg chocolate orange I need it in my life

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Rarity posted:

Someone tell me where to buy the mini egg chocolate orange I need it in my life

Morrissons has them but I can't drive so I walked to Asda.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Aka Terry's bussy

Early contender for this year's Worst Post after crispix snatched 2013's title at the last minute

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I bought armoured core on sale so have been banging my head against that with the occasional break to workers and resources soviet republic to ease frustration.

I wonder if I can have a giant soviet gundam factory?

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Mebh posted:

Morrissons has them but I can't drive so I walked to Asda.

Morrisons will let in non drivers if you ask really nicely I think

Mebh
May 10, 2010

NotJustANumber99 posted:

Morrisons will let in non drivers if you ask really nicely I think

Nah, banned at entry, told to go back to my scrub Asda til I have a license.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Microplastics posted:

Early contender for this year's Worst Post after crispix snatched 2013's title at the last minute

Wrong it's actually the best post I've seen in a long time.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

Microplastics posted:

2013? I hate to break this to you

Although I don't know how old that account is. He probably did have it stitched up that year too

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Dare I want to remember the crispix 2023 grand prix?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

https://archive.is/P85iA

quote:

Schools will get greater powers to ban mobiles

Mobile phones will be banned in schools in England under guidance issued to head teachers today in an ­attempt to minimise disruption and ­improve behaviour in classrooms.

The nationwide rules will give ­backing to teachers in prohibiting the use of mobile phones throughout the school day, including at break times. Pupils who breach the ban face ­detention as well as having their ­phone confiscated for as long as the head teacher deems necessary.

The guidance also gives teachers the power to search rucksacks and the legal protection from being sued by parents for loss or damage to confiscated devices.

It's going to be legal for teachers to steal phones :toot:

https://twitter.com/johnestevens/status/1759625372717494468

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 19, 2024

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

My understanding of the article, maybe a different one, was that it already was.

To be fair teachers are underpaid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

Dare I want to remember the crispix 2023 grand prix?

If it's what I think it is it was also an excellent post.