Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

lol

I love my nation of special people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Microplastics posted:

I didn't know you could be stripped of your state pension and furthermore I didn't know the mayor of London could do it

it's kind of misleadingly worded but I assume that means his police pension (the employer contributions element at least which would make it state funded)

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
stop linking your stupid loving channel here imo

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Their paywall was stupidly easy to bypass, and the polling site had no checks to prevent multiple votes other than setting a cookie after you voted.

I set up a repeater to vote every 500ms while I went out for a very nice Sunday lunch.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

I would simply not choose to rejoin the neoliberal bastion currently cannibalising itself before us. We’ve been through enough pain jumping out into one fire without jumping into lava as a balm.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

hmm yes it's the europeans who are in trouble here

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

gonadic io posted:

stop linking your stupid loving channel here imo

it's not me, doofus

if you posted in anymore than just three different threads you would know that

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
well yeah, I never actually made the website. I'm not a sicko

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

realising the uk median age is over 40 slightly relaxes me. dying old nation having a dying old oval office outlook on things is a bit easier to take, somehow

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

spankmeister posted:

hmm yes it's the europeans who are in trouble here

pretty much yeah, its just we're in more trouble

daddy has decided its time for the periphery of the empire to feel the pain

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Trying posted:

realising the uk median age is over 40 slightly relaxes me. dying old nation having a dying old oval office outlook on things is a bit easier to take, somehow

Certainly does explain a lot yeah. Every poll I've seen lately divides it by age and it's just so incredibly clear how opinions are divided

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
The "politics divided by age" thing is pretty recent though and basically a function of how if you got a house before 2008 you're doing well and if you didn't you're probably hosed, the more hosed the younger you are

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I think that being alive for the consequences of climate change is surely a key part too.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

https://twitter.com/jnrknight/status/1759526672406135234?t=bFaFt2k06KOQF1gnVAvE1Q&s=19

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
More time freed up to nonce dogs.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What about us hard left islamists?

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't put in the newspaper that I'm racist

Sir Sidney Poitier
Aug 14, 2006

My favourite actor

Islamists make the left hard.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Islamists and The Hard Left made a pasty boil by bellend!

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

Would a “racist” hate white povs as much as I do? :smug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The UK continuing to self own

https://twitter.com/philippilk/status/1759693460133581101?t=Ag1o3bF89bEyZu0B_4r_CQ&s=19

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

I'm sure at some point in the chain someone is raking in the billions so really, isn't everything perfectly fine?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

quote:

CPS has destroyed all records of Keir Starmer’s four trips to Washington]US records show Starmer met with Attorney General Eric Holder and a host of American and British national security officials in Washington in 2011, when he was in charge of Julian Assange’s proposed extradition to Sweden.
weird, why would they do that

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Also, because I've just seen that one again
https://www.twitter.com/flying_rodent/status/1759591348678557872#m

dispatch_async
Nov 28, 2014

Imagine having the time to have played through 20 generations of one family in The Sims 2. Imagine making the original two members of that family Neil Buchanan and Cat Deeley. Imagine complaining to Maxis there was no technological progression. You've successfully imagined my life
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68355395

quote:

The test firing of a Trident missile from a Royal Navy submarine has failed, for the second time in a row.

The latest test was from HMS Vanguard off the east coast of the US and was witnessed by the defence secretary.

The missile's booster rockets failed and it landed in the sea close to the launch site, according to the Sun, which first reported the malfunction.

When on patrol the missiles would usually be armed with a nuclear warhead but they are not fitted for test fires.

This is highly embarrassing for both the UK and the US manufacturer of the Trident missile.

British tests of Trident missiles are rare, not least because of the costs. The price tag of each missile is around £17m and the last test was in 2016 when it also ended in failure when the missile veered off course.

Both the Defence Secretary Grant Shapps and the head of the Navy were on board HMS Vanguard, which has just had a more than seven year refit, when it fired the unarmed test missile in January.

A defence source close to the Mr Shapps insisted the Trident "could absolutely fire in a real world situation" if it needed to.

"The issue that occurred during the test was specific to the event and would not have occurred during a live armed fire," the source said.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

it's been over a decade since a successful test launch lol. 6% of the defence budget every year on maintenance costs alone for a thing that doesn't even work

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
If you wouldn't press the trident button instantly you are a coward and cannot be PM. The button doesn't connect to anything anymore but you know what I mean

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
Well they say if they do it properly then it will work fine… have a bit of a live test maybe, who wouldn’t mind us nuking them or do we just go for France?

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

uk can’t get it (massive nuclear death) up anymore and is very mad about it

Trying
Sep 26, 2019

uk is literally half a cuck

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Starbucks posted:

Well they say if they do it properly then it will work fine… have a bit of a live test maybe, who wouldn’t mind us nuking them or do we just go for France?

France can nuke us back and still has skilled nuclear engineers due to its energy industry

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Remembering Jo Swinson clarifying that she would use the nukes even as a first resort, even though no one asked her

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

:flaccid:

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

the sex ghost posted:

Remembering Jo Swinson clarifying that she would use the nukes even as a first resort, even though no one asked her

The squirrel menace must be dealt with by any means necessary

Lol Jo Swinson chat reminded me of skills wallets

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

the sex ghost posted:

If you wouldn't press the trident button instantly you are a coward and cannot be PM. The button doesn't connect to anything anymore but you know what I mean

wrong, you should aim it at the City of London before you press it.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
Like Polaris, Trident has never worked. They don't need to, so long as you don't do anything stupid like testing them.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Regarde Aduck posted:

still has skilled nuclear engineers due to its energy industry

lol they're all at retirement age

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

the sex ghost posted:

lol what a freak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

really sums up what a failed country we are