Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

this is...SA's jaded me to the internet, but...this is genuinely disturbing to find from the replies anyone would think this was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Catastrophe posted:

All those high-earning Conservatives

You laugh but I guarantee every one of those people have already called up their favorite Broadway theaters to tell them off!

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol remember when Tomi whatsherlastname got fired form BeckBlaze for being a prochoice regressive during the Obama era

also I'm pretty sure even NYC at its worse(70s? 80s?) had a higher GDP than most small red towns.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Um...

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

When you lose Eric loving Erickson though I think he wishes the anti semitism was more subtle

Meanwhile on the Blaze

https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1759293965516284204?s=20

CRT-TV?

Now that's WOKE

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

ImpAtom posted:

I mean maybe I'm biased because one of my co-workers was going to Sneakercon and I got to listen to him ranting on Friday about how Trump going ruined it for him and he wasn't going, so I feel like it was at least not a complete obscurity.

seems like it might have leaked friday, good for him for not going, but by that point people have already paid for their flights/hotels and poo poo and maybe decided they shouldn't waste their money over a 15 minute appearance they weren't aware of.. which may have been the organizer's point. but i think my point is is i'm not going to judge people who went to a sneakercon as being chuds for that. especially since it looks like sneakercon knew there would be backlash over it and also the fact that they still got backlash from the community after.

i think we're just spinning wheels now though

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
should have called them Space Force 1s

JoeBangles
Mar 23, 2005

Parlez-vous grenouille ?

Toxic Mental posted:

I like how trump said “SNEAKERHEADS! That’s what they call you people, don’t they?” because you know that before he went out on stage someone told him “call them sneakerheads, they like that”

Shoe collecting is just funko pops for the trashier and slightly more self conscious

He learned a new slur, and he then went on to use it correctly. Basically, demonstrating why he will be the next potus.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Parahexavoctal posted:

I'm sure there've been lots and lots of Leopold II threads, although I can't think of any offhand.

I appreciate the consolation, but it's just not the same.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

LOL at “All 100 million of us must boycott NYC!”

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

priznat posted:

I’m not a sneakerhead either but was walking by a foot locker and there was a pair of Air Force ones that I really liked the looks of so I got em. Now I like looking at them every time I put them on. I can’t explain it they just clicked with me!

Now I keep a look out when I pass by shoe stores.

I know this is highly controversial in America but in modern society it's okay to buy stuff and enjoy it, and not feel like you have to worry about your virtues or other people judging you. If you really need to genuflect about consumerism go for it, but I personally stopped giving a gently caress about being constantly worried and judged about the Unforgiveable Sins of Existence™ because there's nothing noble about dying in an apoplexy of explaining yourself to death.

AF1s are loving awesome and comfy, but FUN BASKETBALL SHOE FACT: if you do play indoor basketball make sure you have separate basketball shoes for that because ones worn outdoors will gently caress up the wood and finish on the court with all the gravel and grit you get from wearing them outside. Outdoor cement courts not so much!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I’d be tempted to go just to scream like, pigfuck , at him, and boo him.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Is this as hosed up as it looks like it is?

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Boy is that a far cry from that time a couple of planes crashed there and they got REAL defensive of New York

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Anders posted:

its worse because it gets weirdly sexualized at the end

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Anders posted:

Feeding a shirtless black man a banana saying

“It’s going to be okay eat the banana I’m sorry eat the banana” and making said black man deep throat the banana

Jeremor
Jun 1, 2009

Drop Your Nuts

Anders posted:

Yeah it's p bad friend

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

No more annual trip to see *shuffles papers* THE ROCKETTES!!

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

the arugulas are a better band anyways

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Data Graham posted:

the only real hit NYC is gonna take is probably gonna be that chick-fil-a that Ted Cruz stood in front of, and even then barely, cos a lot of liberals still eat there with sunglasses and masks on.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Rescue Toaster posted:

You laugh but I guarantee every one of those people have already called up their favorite Broadway theaters to tell them off!

All the hipster bars in Williamsburg are going to be feeling the financial pinch from this boycott! :colbert:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jelly posted:

I have a pair of Vans I bought like five years ago and have worn maybe twice that look exactly the same as the day I bought them and they weren't even expensive.

PU foam sneakers "rot" because of hydrolysis, i.e. atmospheric water dissolves the foam compound until it crumbles into chunks. Vans are made from rubber, afaik, so this doesn't apply to them. The speed wit which PU succumbs to hydrolysis varies depending on climate, storage, etc., but sooner or later the shoes will fall apart on their own. Wearing them does nothing to prevent this.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Data Graham posted:

Letitia "THE ROCKETTES" James.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Sydney Bottocks posted:

All the hipster bars in Williamsburg are going to be feeling the financial pinch from this boycott! :colbert:

I was just in a hip coffee shop in downtown NYC, and I heard a bunch of liberals whispering into their lattes about how they think Trump is right and they will be boycotting the city soon.

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Conservatives stand with Mohamed Atta, Abdulaziz al-Omari, Wail al-Shehri, Waleed al-Shehri , Satam al-Suqami, Marwan al-Shehhi, Fayez Banihammad, Mohand al-Shehri, Hamza al-Ghamdi, and Ahmad al-Ghamdi for killing so many New Yorkers!

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Mons Hubris posted:

Conservatives stand with Mohamed Atta, Abdulaziz al-Omari, Wail al-Shehri, Waleed al-Shehri , Satam al-Suqami, Marwan al-Shehhi, Fayez Banihammad, Mohand al-Shehri, Hamza al-Ghamdi, and Ahmad al-Ghamdi for killing so many New Yorkers!

given how conservatives have flipped on Russia? give it twenty years and this won't be sarcastic

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
So obviously NYC is on fire and people are rioting in the streets because of the MAGA trucker protest, right?

Right???

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WlnSaIwfEg

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

i'm getting reports that nyc looks exactly like the division right now. the conservative truckers have won.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Buce posted:

i'm getting reports that nyc looks exactly like the division right now. the conservative truckers have won.

The only survivors are those who have been using exclusively Trump bucks as a central currency system.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Harald posted:

I appreciate the consolation, but it's just not the same.

Next time I'll do a better job of handing it off

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Waffle House posted:

I know this is highly controversial in America but in modern society it's okay to buy stuff and enjoy it, and not feel like you have to worry about your virtues or other people judging you. If you really need to genuflect about consumerism go for it, but I personally stopped giving a gently caress about being constantly worried and judged about the Unforgiveable Sins of Existence™ because there's nothing noble about dying in an apoplexy of explaining yourself to death.

AF1s are loving awesome and comfy, but FUN BASKETBALL SHOE FACT: if you do play indoor basketball make sure you have separate basketball shoes for that because ones worn outdoors will gently caress up the wood and finish on the court with all the gravel and grit you get from wearing them outside. Outdoor cement courts not so much!

:yeah:! I have noticed on SA over the years a lot of policing of people’s purchasing which is weird to me. People can have the things they like for whatever reason!

Also definitely get an indoor only pair of shoes, I preferred hi tops when I did play rec league just for the ankle support. I haven’t played in years though, :sigh: I still have my last pair (new balance I think) and I wonder if the foam is all dissolved or ready to crumble, probably.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

I think one of the kind of interesting things of Trumpism is they have convinced themselves that Trump was/is an important player in NYC real estate/business when at best he was an annoying gnat of really no significance in NYC business wise.

Also, businesses like doing business in places where fraudulent actors held accountable, your average business is not trying to commit a bunch of real estate and compensation fraud, no business of any significance gives any fucks that Trump was prosecuted for loan fraud.

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Anders posted:

Yes.

I like to think I can laugh at drat near anything...but this poo poo I cannot laugh at.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

Waffle House posted:

Hard agree.

Synesthesian Fetish
Apr 29, 2008

Ya know, I useta be President... I'll let you kids punch me anywhere but the face for a dollar.

We have this toaster and it loving rocks.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Waffle House posted:

there's nothing noble about dying in an apoplexy of explaining yourself to death.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Imgur uploads on Android not working for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

cr0y posted:

Imgur uploads on Android not working for anyone else?

sorry it detected that you were too woke