Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I like many of those killer buffs, but it is depressing that for a set of balance notes that pokes fun at itself by saying "look, we buffed the pig for once", they instead, nerfed the poo poo out of her rbt.

It was already very difficult to get a headpop - and while scott jund had a good point that it's meant for slowdown in higher mmrs, that still doesn't mean that seeing headpops isn't nice - it's part of her kit and design, adding an extra 30 seconds to the timer just means that, you'll never get one anymore.

her rbt was in a good place, now it's not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

please nerf blight into the ground and/or remove him from the game entirely please bhvr

gently caress blight forever

100%. I have no idea what the gently caress they're doing, but then again neither do they.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

tithin posted:

I like many of those killer buffs, but it is depressing that for a set of balance notes that pokes fun at itself by saying "look, we buffed the pig for once", they instead, nerfed the poo poo out of her rbt.

It was already very difficult to get a headpop - and while scott jund had a good point that it's meant for slowdown in higher mmrs, that still doesn't mean that seeing headpops isn't nice - it's part of her kit and design, adding an extra 30 seconds to the timer just means that, you'll never get one anymore.

her rbt was in a good place, now it's not.

just nerf the gears and/or timer addons

now they're more necessary than ever, which is a big step backwards imo

Tiny Myers
Jul 29, 2021

say hello to my little friend

tentatively okay with the RBT changes because I've seen how oppressive they can be at low ranks and if they're trying to balance her across all tiers then it makes sense to make them a little weaker. Like I'd rather they didn't but if it means buffing her overall it's alright I guess.

But I also really enjoy playing against them as a survivor and it does suck to have them defanged even more, it's always really exciting when your trap is about to pop and you're struggling to get it off.

Maybe they'll walk it back? The trap auras being removed is definitely good either way.

I agree Huntress was already okay, but honestly I'm okay with some of the changes (like I've always struggled with her windup even with addons). but the movement speed with hatchet raised and poo poo? Ten hatchets with addons? :shepface: I'm kind of like "lmao go off" though because she's maybe my favorite killer to go against so whatever gets more people playing her is exciting for me. gently caress it, give her a gun, I don't care, it's a million times better than another Wraith or Wesker with a pinecone up their sphincter

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

So the new killer.

quote:

New Killer - The Unknown
Killer Power

Press the Power button to charge UVX. Once ready, press the Attack button to launch UVX, a bouncing Projectile which creates a Blast Area upon impact. Survivors become Hindered if touched by UVX while airborne. Survivors touching the Blast Area become Weakened. Weakened Survivors lose health states if touched by Blast Area. Survivors lose Weakened by successfully Staring Down The Unknown.

Special Ability: Hallucinations

The Unknown will intermittently create Hallucinations. Hallucinations cannot be created while charging UVX, performing interactions, or in proximity to map objects like hooks. Whenever Survivors are touched by Blast Area or otherwise become Weakened, the next Hallucination's spawn time decreases by 10 seconds.

Special Ability: Teleport

The Unknown can teleport to Hallucinations, leaving behind a temporary Decoy. Survivors can remove Hallucinations from the Trial with the Dispel ability. Weakened Survivors take longer to Dispel. If Dispel is not completed, Survivors become Weakened and trigger Killer Instinct.

Is a Dredge that automatically spawns his remnants around and can shoot a thing that hinders survivors?

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
How disappointing

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

We'll see how these work out:

quote:

New Perk Type: Invocation

Invocations are a new type of Survivor Perk. Invocations require Survivors to activate a salt circle in the Basement; on activation, a penalty is paid in exchange for a large boost.
New Survivor - Sable Ward

Perks

Invocation: Weaving Spiders

When in the Basement near the circle, press the ability button 1 to begin the Invocation.

Invocations take 120/120/120 seconds. Other Survivors will see your aura during this and can join an ongoing interaction, increasing the speed by 50/50/50% each. If they have an Invocation Perk equipped, they increase it by 100/100/100% instead.

Once the Invocation is completed: You become injured and Broken for the rest of the Trial, and all Generators instantly gain 9/12/15 charges.

Completing the Invocation disables that Perk for all Survivors.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

new goth girl survivor is my new main 100%

new killer looks weird and confusing, will have to see how it plays

the invocation seems... bad? 2 minutes for 1/6th progress on every gen?

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Can't wait to equip Territorial Imperative to nullify these basement perks!

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

Can't wait to equip Territorial Imperative to nullify these basement perks!

i bet you equipped deerstalker to ruin the plot twist enjoyers, didn't you

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

New killer is prob the creepiest one they've ever designed I think, just from pure visuals.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I like the look of the new killer because i'm the guy who wants hosed up looking killers instead of thirst traps that are accidentally hosed up because the animator can't do a walk cycle.

And I love that in the waiting room he'll just randomly snap his head around to look at you with his empty eye sockets. Owns.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ibram Gaunt posted:

New killer is prob the creepiest one they've ever designed I think, just from pure visuals.

Definitely agreed. That's a creepy rear end look.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

i bet you equipped deerstalker to ruin the plot twist enjoyers, didn't you

Nah I was just kidding anyway.

The visuals on this chapter are A fuckin tier

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Insanely bad perk, absolutely ridiculous.

Honeypots 1-4 survivors to the basement, occupied them for as much time as they'd save in the generators themselves, practically throws the match afterwards. What is the appeal? Even if you have SFW organization to set up five generators to nearly done, four man push the invocation out super fast and get a simultaneous 4-5 gen.. ok, now you're guaranteed chain slugs if you don't perfectly coin flip the exit gate?

Huh???

Killer sounds cool tbqh. Power creeps the Dredge but lots of neat ideas.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I cannot overstress how extremely my jam Sable is

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

A charge is one second, so you spend 120 seconds minimum (more if players help you since those players could just do gens) to gain 105 seconds of gen charges. And 30 seconds of those 105 are of questionable use (only need five gens, but it would be added pressure so the charges on Gen 6 and 7 aren’t completely useless).

And the killer can still kick the gen, which will instantly lose you five charges. Oh and you’re permanently injured the rest of the game (hopefully just the person who began or finishes the ritual).

Oh and this occurs in the most dangerous spot on the map. Words cannot describe how poo poo this perk is. Maybe if the 15 charges couldn’t be regressed, making it a gen-wide BNP, but this is largely rear end.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Relyssa posted:

There will never be a game without at least one Sable again.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It makes me insanely basic but I also love her design alot lol.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Yeah me too, grew up in the 90s loving goth chicks sooooooooooo new main.

Lore is ridiculously long

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Is Strength in Shadows just better Self-Care? Am I misreading it?

EDIT Oh triggers in basement bleh

Umbreon
May 21, 2011
These invocation perks are cool as hell in concept but in reality they're just going to throw the match and hand killers massive amounts of free slowdown lol

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Played a survivor game, the incantation penalty only hits the person that starts it. There were three of us joining in to make it go faster and only one of us got hit with broken. It was still not worth our time and energy. Sable has lobby voice lines but not in-game ones. Seems pretty quiet overall.

if the incantation worked like BNP and could permanently add that progress then maybe it'd be worth it, but right now it is so useless

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

There will never be a game without at least one Sable again.

especially if i'm playing survivor

i'm so hype to see what cosmetics she and the killer get

Relyssa fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 20, 2024

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Relyssa posted:

Played a survivor game, the incantation penalty only hits the person that starts it. There were three of us joining in to make it go faster and only one of us got hit with broken. It was still not worth our time and energy. Sable has lobby voice lines but not in-game ones. Seems pretty quiet overall.

if the incantation worked like BNP and could permanently add that progress then maybe it'd be worth it, but right now it is so useless

especially if i'm playing survivor

i'm so hype to see what cosmetics she and the killer get

Can only one incantation happen? Like, 4 people with it couldn't go to the basement and trigger it 4x in a row?

I pretty much see it as a perk to help against 3 gens, wait to use it at the end of the match.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
drat sounds like sable's not like those OTHER girls

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Medullah posted:

Can only one incantation happen? Like, 4 people with it couldn't go to the basement and trigger it 4x in a row?

I pretty much see it as a perk to help against 3 gens, wait to use it at the end of the match.

The perk description says that completing the incantation disables that perk for the rest of the match. And also the ritual decays pretty quickly if you stop it without completing, which is great, because survivors can't 99% it and then just use it to insta-complete all gens later.

Now they just need to make gates decay as well.

E:

Nikumatic posted:

drat sounds like sable's not like those OTHER girls

She definitely isn't because she's got no cosmetics (yet).

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Medullah posted:

Once you finish an incantation it disables that one for everyone. Once they add more incantations you'll be able to do those after.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Medullah posted:

Once it triggers the perk turns off for other survivors that have it. They do get a speed bonus for helping progress the invocation though

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It really feels like classic BHVR that they added a disclaimer saying her third perk is basically going to be entirely different and to ignore it on the PTB. like. come on...

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Self Care 2.0 + Botany could be good? I guess? I already run SC+BK because I only play solo so I cannot trust my idiot teammates.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Alright, only perma-breaking one survivor is almost workable. Still a pretty bad deal.

Medullah posted:

Nah I was just kidding anyway.

The visuals on this chapter are A fuckin tier

This guy rules. :allears:

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Medullah posted:

Lore is ridiculously long

I know it's basically the lore for every crossover killer, but I honestly enjoy that the lore for this killer is "whoops, the Entity grabbed a creepypasta instead of a vaguely tormented murderer".

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

i love that sable and mikaela are besties :3:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I like that they put the new map in the Withered Isle. Means those Garden of Joy offerings are now a bit less of a gently caress you to the killer.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

New Killer and Survivor are at the very least going to have some incredible potential for skins, so still a good chapter

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Relyssa posted:

Self Care 2.0 + Botany could be good? I guess? I already run SC+BK because I only play solo so I cannot trust my idiot teammates.

The only way I can enjoy solo queue anymore is by fully leaning into embracing the futility of it.

rydiafan fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 20, 2024

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Relyssa posted:

It's really good if you're in basement, but you gotta be in basement, which could entail having to sneak across the whole drat map.

Plus you know Territorial Imperative is gonna be meta for a month after release.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So new Killer is like a mix of Nemesis, Huntress, Doctor, and Dredge

Has a ranged projectile that explodes, but first explosion hit is a debuff that makes them susceptible to injury from future explosions. Survivors can remove the debuff by presumably a similar mechanic to Ghostface by staring at the killer.

It also has hallucinations that it can teleport to, and survivors can remove them through interaction, but get the debuff if interrupted (or I assume it has skill checks they can fail)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Pants Donkey posted:

So new Killer is like a mix of Nemesis, Huntress, Doctor, and Dredge

Has a ranged projectile that explodes, but first explosion hit is a debuff that makes them susceptible to injury from future explosions. Survivors can remove the debuff by presumably a similar mechanic to Ghostface by staring at the killer.

It also has hallucinations that it can teleport to, and survivors can remove them through interaction, but get the debuff if interrupted (or I assume it has skill checks they can fail)

I originally said Nemesis but I think it's more like Artist with Clown arc projectiles. You have to hit them once to "swarm" them, and then again to damage them.

He definitely should not be 115%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
drat, my partner nailed what my brain kept trying to circle around: twistyboi looks like a Behavior interpretation of a Stephen Gammell drawing from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark.