Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Buck Wildman)

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

https://twitter.com/smugfrog_/status/1759644966043713588?t=ATRMThK4ZV4v_EJjui9ioQ&s=19

How does a pepe chud manage to sound so loving liberal, while discussing Warhammer 40K

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Warhammer 40k is the embodiment of the "eat the bugs, live in the pod, own nothing" lifestyle that every right-wing guy freaks out about and yet they all love the concept and want to live on a hive world or some poo poo.

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

Whirling posted:

Warhammer 40k is the embodiment of the "eat the bugs, live in the pod, own nothing" lifestyle that every right-wing guy freaks out about and yet they all love the concept and want to live on a hive world or some poo poo.

they always picture themselves on the throne of skulls and never toiling in the blood mines

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Scratch a fascist and a liberal bleeds

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Man that whole reply thread sure is a lot of unapologetic self-identified fascists, Musk Twitter's going great

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

loquacius posted:

Man that whole reply thread sure is a lot of unapologetic self-identified fascists, Musk Twitter's going great

Surely, you wouldn't think about restricting their speech, would you? Such a thing would be wholly unconscionable.

On an unrelated note, implying that Palestinians are human beings on X will get you banned and put on a watch list.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

I'm going to choose to parse this, despite compelling evidence suggesting other interpretations, as a complaint about how liberals don't understand that capitalism degrades into fascism

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
https://twitter.com/Surasia_/status/1759390496261050464

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

loquacius posted:

https://twitter.com/smugfrog_/status/1759644966043713588?t=ATRMThK4ZV4v_EJjui9ioQ&s=19

How does a pepe chud manage to sound so loving liberal, while discussing Warhammer 40K

thats peepo

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

starting to think that it's possible that chuds might be operating in bad faith here

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
clean streets

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-Yq5YXL9c

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

the helldivers 2 politics discourse that i've seen seems to mostly just be Gamers getting mad at the idea that there is any kind of political statement in a game that opens with this:

and then continues with a tutorial where the player character runs through a fully automated training facility filled with the corpses of other recruits while some pre recorded lines continuously tell them how good and powerful they are before they're labeled as cargo and launched into space to go serve aboard a spaceship named the SES Moms for Family Values or something

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I don't know if it's just the algo deciding I need to see unusually dumb takes today or if they're really just saturating gaming social media but there's some real fuckin dumb takes about Starship Troopers floating around all over the place. I think it's especially funny to me because Verhoeven stated explicitly that whenever he felt like people didn't see that he was mocking fascism and Nazis specifically, he would double down, to the point of having Neil Patrick Harris appear in full SS regalia. I literally do not understand what the issue here is, of course it's not like the book the book loving sucked it was just Heinlein trying to square the circle of being both fascist and libertarian, which is why the movie was mocking it. Until now actual fash have just appreciated it without reflecting on it at all because they see thing they like and thing they like make happy.

I'm probably days late on this, Twitter is awful even for bored scrolling now.

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Fuckt Tupp posted:

they always picture themselves on the throne of skulls and never toiling in the blood mines

that's the other thing, I get that they think they'd be nobility or space marines, but the former are all decadent freaks that usually turn to Chaos gods out of boredom and the latter will likely die getting torn apart by a lowly Tyranid clone or some poo poo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm confused by the post's metaphor because I'm wondering how the well-dressed men are using the machine guns to make the streets polite, and what they will do to you if you don't tolerate it

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Whirling posted:

that's the other thing, I get that they think they'd be nobility or space marines, but the former are all decadent freaks that usually turn to Chaos gods out of boredom and the latter will likely die getting torn apart by a lowly Tyranid clone or some poo poo.

Unlike real life where the upper class sex perverts face no ironic justice, a solid argument for 40K setting being a more just world.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'm also dying to hear one of these freaks explain their take on starship troopers and/or if they think the viral thread is the generally accepted "leftist" take

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

rogue trader mega patch dropped today. I'm disappointed to read that the only additional va was for the prologue (already the most va-intensive segment) and the party blurbs as you run around. still, the balancing seems sensible and I'm glad to read there's more reactivity. they also dropped the reputation requirements for the vendors significantly

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

one of my favorite additions is that they made a soldier talent for area attacks to scale off of demolition instead of intelligence bonus. the emperor giveth and he taketh away for sister argenta

Mostly Lurking
Sep 25, 2008

Buck Wildman posted:

they also dropped the reputation requirements for the vendors significantly

oh thank god.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Mostly Lurking posted:

oh thank god.

it's estimated that you can now fully upgrade two of them, plus the navy of course since they scale off a different resource set

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

loquacius posted:

I'm also dying to hear one of these freaks explain their take on starship troopers and/or if they think the viral thread is the generally accepted "leftist" take

Its just a book, not every book is political. I know you only read the communist manifesto or kapital but some of us read normal books for the story like hardy boys or bible.

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

Salt Fish posted:

Its just a book, not every book is political. I know you only read the communist manifesto or kapital but some of us read normal books for the story like hardy boys or bible.

well, capital is a story. it's the story of class struggle. it's the story of numbers getting bigger and smaller. it's a story about how coats require a certain amount of linen, which inspired lenin

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I wanted anime so I resubscribed to Ff14. I have Endwalkers to do. Currently in the account archeology stage of reorienting.

First task: button checks and inn room maintenance. Had to look at loot and gear, identify abandoned project, and clear space in bags. I didn't log off in an inn room, so I was robbed of the "getting out of bed animation". I was in some new India themed zone. I instinctually pressed Return button and hearthstone back home, then navigated 3 screens to get to the inn room where I logged off and on to see a little animation of my character yawning and getting into bed.

Second task: land navigation. There's 4 screens in between the inn room and the guildhall. Once there I poke at things, appreciate the space, then shake the rust off my fingers with the Training Dummies. The summoner rotation is silly, but I was able to remember the basic shape and rhythm. My fingers are too slow to weave in the aetherflow stacks, but that'll come back by week 2 I'm sure. Then I navigated back to indialand to get an elephant lady with a posh britosh Indian accent some gallbladder stones. I have no idea what the gently caress was happening.

Third task: there is an object in the inn room that looks like a book and is called "The Unending Journey" that provides general notes and replays cutscenes. This is that anime good poo poo.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Kirby you have kids, how the gently caress are you playing MMOs

uncalled for!
Dec 26, 2006

ffxiv lets you use npc companions in dungeons so your kids don't even need to play

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

loquacius posted:

Kirby you have kids, how the gently caress are you playing MMOs

The inn theme music YouTube video I used for nap time got copyright struck. I had to go to the source to record an hour long loop.

Also, out of all of the MMOs it is the most patient mmo for afkers.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

KirbyKhan posted:

Second task: land navigation. There's 4 screens in between the inn room and the guildhall. Once there I poke at things, appreciate the space, then shake the rust off my fingers with the Training Dummies. The summoner rotation is silly, but I was able to remember the basic shape and rhythm. My fingers are too slow to weave in the aetherflow stacks, but that'll come back by week 2 I'm sure. Then I navigated back to indialand to get an elephant lady with a posh britosh Indian accent some gallbladder stones. I have no idea what the gently caress was happening.

felt. I resub every two years or so and have to look up what insanely complex rotation is in vogue now and spend ages actually getting it down. not helped at all by the fact i play mostly MNK because i am incredibly stupid like the idea of punching big monsters to death

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Buck Wildman posted:

rogue trader mega patch dropped today. I'm disappointed to read that the only additional va was for the prologue (already the most va-intensive segment) and the party blurbs as you run around. still, the balancing seems sensible and I'm glad to read there's more reactivity. they also dropped the reputation requirements for the vendors significantly

Yeah it looks good, maybe time for second run

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I mained Black Mage back in the day but the rotation felt a little too repetitive sometimes and I had more fun on the Warrior alt

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/theurquanmaster/status/1759610688711127356?t=0XepVooyn4b-G2TyEq-RuQ&s=19

Open-source remake of Star Control 2, for free

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

my tendrils are absolutely full of juffo-wup at this news

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
I've been playing ff7r and the dlc to prep for 2, and I've found myself liking ft condor and hope it's in the new game

also I hope yuffie is available early because her play style is 100% my poo poo and clouds play style is no where near as fun

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Stefan Prodan posted:

my tendrils are absolutely full of juffo-wup at this news

its time for me to return to the spreadsheet............................

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Pleasant *combinations*! We have been *anticipating* about you.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Al! posted:

its time for me to return to the spreadsheet............................

hell yeah this rules

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i hope Star Control 3 turns out ok. it would break my heart if we finally get a sequel and it sucks.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

gradenko_2000 posted:

hell yeah this rules

the mining tab is an absolute nightmare and i didn't write down any of my process so ive gotta figure out what to do with all this data i already have

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

I just want to game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

i was extremely unemployed when i put that together lol, the little spreadsheet demon keeping spreadsheets to stay alive while i couldn't work