Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE

Steve French posted:

We have a 93 that my wife has owned for 20 years, and this has never once happened to either of us getting it smogged.

IME They won't outright refuse you, they'll just charge a shitload more, or say something like 'oh the machine that does the tailpipe sniffer is broken right now'

As a racer and car enthusiast with a dozen or so older cars I have to deal with uncompromising draconian smog rules constantly. I'm still mad at the legislature and Arnold for repealing the rolling 30 year smog exemption that they never intended on honoring.

Aside I actually race a 1993 Accord in low budget endurance racing and it's been amazing :aliexpress:

aventari fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 19, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

24 Hours of Lemons?

aventari
Mar 20, 2001

I SWIFTLY PENETRATED YOUR MOMS MEAT TACO WHILE AGGRESSIVELY FONDLING THE UNDERSIDE OF YOUR DADS HAIRY BALLSACK, THEN RIPPED HIS SAUSAGE OFF AND RAMMED IT INTO YOUR MOMS TAILPIPE. I JIZZED FURIOUSLY, DEEP IN YOUR MOMS MEATY BURGER WHILE THRUSTING A ANSA MUFFLER UP MY GREASY TAILHOLE
Yeah, been racing it ~10 years, won class B in Lemons a few years ago.
Also some wins in Chumpcar and Lucky Dog :smugdog:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
NGL that sounds fun as gently caress

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
I miss my Accord so much, just a great car; drat you nephew I love for taking it from me! It's a 94 and he's been digging it for like 7 years now with no problems.

06 CRV is still my jam.

TGG fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Feb 20, 2024

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
Political ads going hard on Katie Porter, who did she piss off?

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Jaxyon posted:

Schiff is afraid of a serious campaign against her and is hoping Garvey can edge past her in the upcoming primary

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

The Glumslinger posted:

Schiff is afraid of a serious campaign against her and is hoping Garvey can edge past her in the upcoming primary

Oh got it.

LOL the ad I saw on Youtube was "Katie Porter says she forgoes big PAC donations.....but what about the fact that is true, and she gets smaller donations"

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
I got a flyer the other day that slammed one of the County Board of Supervisors candidates for being endorsed by organizations that want to defund the police!!

And I sighed because it was such a lame attempt and would probably also work on a lot of idiots.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

it would work on me, in that i would want to vote for them for supervisor

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

Jaxyon posted:

Political ads going hard on Katie Porter, who did she piss off?,

crypto fuckers: https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article285480152.html

though schiff is not taking corp pac money (directly, anyway) this campaign, https://calmatters.org/politics/elections/2024/02/california-senate-race-corporate-pacs/ has some major prior contributors

schiff is also running garvey-focused ads that some are reading as calling him really conservative in the hope of turning out disaffected CA republicans to put garvey past porter for the general. jungle primary still stupid

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Jaxyon posted:

She's the next most viable candidate, as much as I like Barbara Lee, so Schiff doesn't want to face her one-on-one. Also, she's anti-corporate and probably, following Warren, anti-crypto so she'll have a lot of PACs gunning for her regardless.

Feb 25, 2024
disappointed newsome failed to agree to speak about california this morning on meet the press

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Remind me why the California senate primaries' turnout is so low this year?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

CompeAnansi posted:

She's the next most viable candidate, as much as I like Barbara Lee, so Schiff doesn't want to face her one-on-one. Also, she's anti-corporate and probably, following Warren, anti-crypto so she'll have a lot of PACs gunning for her regardless.

Thanks for the reminder to donate, we need more elected officials who do stuff like this:

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4860933/user-clip-rep-katie-porter-forces-director-cdc-commit-provide-free-covid-19-testing

The testing and treatment she made happen saved lives.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'd love to vote for Katie Porter, but I'm a dodger fan, so.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

pobody's nerfect

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Cactus Ghost posted:

pobody's nerfect

Dodgers fans are a special kind of not perfect.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA! Beat LA!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

schiff is also running garvey-focused ads that some are reading as calling him really conservative in the hope of turning out disaffected CA republicans to put garvey past porter for the general. jungle primary still stupid
Wait why does schiff want garvey to win and cost the dems a senate seat?

Sivart13
May 18, 2003
I have neglected to come up with a clever title

Grouchio posted:

Garvey can't win in the general, but having him place second in the primary makes the general election an easily winnable Schiff vs Garvey matchup compared to a more knock down drag out Schiff vs Porter

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

drilldo squirt posted:

I'd love to vote for Katie Porter, but I'm middle eastern, so.

Too many dead kids. Good luck against the even worse ghouls though.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Too many dead kids. Good luck against the even worse ghouls though.

If that's your deciding issue, then, yeah, Schiff is way worse than Porter and I'm sure Garvey is a nightmare.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I was disappointed with her and can't in good faith vote for her (and to be clear im not trying to shame those who do) but yeah it's true that on the spectrum of available American politicians they're all way worse

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

if someone doesn't want to vote for dead kids at all that seems reasonable

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah I'm just refusing to do lesser evil poo poo anymore cause I watched it do like 3 financial collapses, several massive wars, and a genocide all in my lifetime

Ne Cede Malis
Aug 30, 2008

SlimGoodbody posted:

Yeah I'm just refusing to do lesser evil poo poo anymore cause I watched it do like 3 financial collapses, several massive wars, and a genocide all in my lifetime

Lol dont forget the ongoing pandemic! Vote blue! Hope!

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki
give us ranked choice so we can rank the evils

unfortunately, even if you ignore that lee's ancient (which in some sense is good, because there's no risk she becomes a feinstein-esque "gently caress the electorate, i will win, i choose the policies i want" stick in the mud), she campaigns like someone who's held a safe seat since time immemorial

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Then vote for Barbara Lee, it's a pity she is polling so low

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

SlimGoodbody posted:

Still want an official "None of the Above" option on every office and ballot.

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns
I was bummed when I found out write-in votes don’t automatically get counted. I’ve been hoping to see the numbers slowly shifting so we eventually elect South Park or Goku

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

The Glumslinger posted:

Then vote for Barbara Lee, it's a pity she is polling so low

the point is that ranked choice lifts any use for tactical voting in primaries if you'd rather at least have schiff v porter in the general than schiff v garvey, even if your personal politics align more with lee

and more broadly that it's more democratic and more cost-effective than holding two elections for the same seat, one of which tends to only turn out partisans

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

SlimGoodbody posted:

Yeah that never backfired ever.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I'm doing greater evil poo poo now. Accelerationism go! :regd08:

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

FilthyImp posted:

Yeah that never backfired ever.

yeah. voting for the percieved lesser evil gave the world literal original hitler. it has a horrible track record overall but that's really the cherry on top

wait were you disagreeing with them?

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Cactus Ghost posted:

wait were you disagreeing with them?
Oh no, I love doing this dance every 2-4 years.

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Grouchio posted:

Remember that it’s a jungle primary so the top 2 advance regardless of party. The Dems will get the seat because the Dems will have spots on the actual ballot. Schiff will almost certainly be one, and he’d rather face Garvey than Porter.

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
Not voting Porter is a defacto vote for Schiff. The differences between Porter and Lee are minimal enough to where their voting records would effectively be the same, but Schiff would more or less be Feinstein 2.0. Porter and Lee would both push the needle and advocate for good policies that make a meaningful difference if elected.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

Qtotonibudinibudet posted:

the point is that ranked choice lifts any use for tactical voting in primaries if you'd rather at least have schiff v porter in the general than schiff v garvey, even if your personal politics align more with lee

and more broadly that it's more democratic and more cost-effective than holding two elections for the same seat, one of which tends to only turn out partisans

It was more aimed at the person above you, your post showed up as I was typing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
Calmatters recently published some articles highlighting the similarities and differences between the candidates. The first thing written about Schiff is that he unequivocally supports Israel's right to defend itself :wtc: