Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

plus streaming is a big factor, keeping a show on tv via filler made more sense back when tv was the only thing to watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

gay devil posted:

Undead Adventurer would be much better without whatever is going on with the soundtrack. Its like the entire show has the ambient music of a haunted house for children

I dunno. The OST seems fine to me.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Endorph posted:

Same reason shonen movies dont come out yearly anymore, for the most part

Yeah, I remember that MHA World Heroes Mission was in production at the same time as season 5 and you could tangibly see the impact it had on the series lmao

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

GateOfD posted:

Liked the Returners Magic adaptation better, maybe because it has a more rounded support cast, wheres Solo Leveling is well....very Solo and will continue to do so

I also enjoyed it, same for the manhwa comparatively, but it felt definitely lower quality of production for the respective animes, which is why I think the high quality of Solo Leveling brings in a certain amount of eyeballs.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

GateOfD posted:

Liked the Returners Magic adaptation better, maybe because it has a more rounded support cast, wheres Solo Leveling is well....very Solo and will continue to do so

Sadly I find Returner's animation to be cheap to the point of being unwatchable. It is absolutely a better story than SL tho.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

metallic rouge ftw

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Surprised, I mean Returner isn’t amazing animation wise like Frieren but it wasn’t Hand Shakers either.
I say it just passed the mark. Like I wouldn’t say Solo Leveling is high quality either

Or just comparing to the other Korean original source material shows that’s been popping up more lately.

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Feb 19, 2024

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

These poor children on Dangers in my Heart are so drat awkward

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

https://twitter.com/ardia2001/status/1758967246104227889

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

That was sick but I was hoping it was a special intro where Ichikawa sang the whole thing.

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
For some reason the Astro Note OP is out, months early.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ydx8XclhltE

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I don't know if this makes sense to anyone else, but Astro Note feels like the Gintama anime director and the Carol & Tuesday character designer doing Urusei Yatsura fanfiction, and I mean that in a complimentary way

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Catching up on Mr.Villains Day off, up to episode 5 now.
They need to lay off the panda is cute running gag, it was like almost the whole episode for the first 3 episodes.

More conbini store girl scenes. Need a conbini store anime. That manga with the smokers would be nice.

Episode 5 has Ranger Pink which has the energy that I wish Gushing Girl had which has a reclusive lady that originally wanted to be a magical girl but embarrassed because she wouldn’t be able to pull it off

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Mons Hubris posted:

Middle School be like that.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Is there a new cour of Dangers in my Heart out?

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
Kodansha Award Winnin/Nominated Bundle

Bundle imcludes, Vindland Saga, Medalist, Nina the Starry Bride, Blue Period, Shangri-la Frontier, The Drops of God, A Silent Voice, What Die Have to Eat Yesterday, Witch Hat Atelier, A Sign of Affection. Only two days left on it.

I almost all of them have anime that have aired, are currently airing, or are in the pipeline.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Arc Hammer posted:

Yes it's been in the OP the whole time

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Julias posted:

Yes it's been in the OP the whole time

It's a big list, OP. Bound to miss a few.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Arc Hammer posted:

yes

it's good

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

7th Loop is good y'all.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bb1rc-OU37s

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

GateOfD posted:

Catching up on Mr.Villains Day off, up to episode 5 now.
They need to lay off the panda is cute running gag, it was like almost the whole episode for the first 3 episodes.

More conbini store girl scenes. Need a conbini store anime. That manga with the smokers would be nice.

Episode 5 has Ranger Pink which has the energy that I wish Gushing Girl had which has a reclusive lady that originally wanted to be a magical girl but embarrassed because she wouldn’t be able to pull it off

How DARE you

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

doomrider7 posted:

Kodansha Award Winnin/Nominated Bundle

Bundle imcludes, Vindland Saga, Medalist, Nina the Starry Bride, Blue Period, Shangri-la Frontier, The Drops of God, A Silent Voice, What Die Have to Eat Yesterday, Witch Hat Atelier, A Sign of Affection. Only two days left on it.

I almost all of them have anime that have aired, are currently airing, or are in the pipeline.

Is Drops of God the “decanting from such a height?!” Manga?

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking

Endorph posted:

metallic rouge ftw

this. everyone try to find time to watch metallic rouge in between the 16 different isekai you're watching

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I don't hate Rouge but I very much get the feeling it's gonna fall apart for me like every other modern Bones original has.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

thats also why its ftw

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I dunno I don't think we need Captain Earth part 2

Big Leg
May 22, 2020

a corpse is talking
i have received an official response from rouge redstar to the haters:

https://i.imgur.com/IZPHfCc.mp4

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
Let's see her up against a Honki person.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Okay, the elementary student driving a minivan did get a bit of a gaffaw out of me on 'Tis Time for Torture, Princess"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The hell lord in a preschooler sack race is wonderful. Dad of the Year.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

Is Drops of God the “decanting from such a height?!” Manga?

Yes. It also got a French Live Action adaptation

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

I remain mildly surprised that Classroom of the Elite seems to be consistently trending fairly well overall (mid to low top 10). I don't have any issues with the show, I just don't see it particularly talked about anywhere. Not sure if it's just something to do with how the trending sites collect data, or if it's a show that a fair number of people are watching but just not talking about.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

I'm watching that one because my partner really likes it. It's fine I guess. I feel like it's all so artificially high stakes? Idk. But I get why it'd be popular.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Have they done anymore waterboarding in thst one to ramp up the edginess further?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

He tried to waterboard an alien girl but it didn't work because she drank all the water

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Waffleman_ posted:

He tried to waterboard an alien girl but it didn't work because she drank all the water

Poor Isami wasn't so lucky.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Skill issue

NuclearWinterUK
Jan 13, 2007

Yes, I am very well
Villainess Level 99 episode 7:

lol Eleonora is great

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Arc Hammer posted:

Have they done anymore waterboarding in thst one to ramp up the edginess further?

Nope, but plenty of other unsavory edginess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://x.com/animetv_jp/status/1760039336010039507?s=20

That's nice for the "rascal does not dream of" fans