Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
is this true? if so lol get hosed nazis

https://x.com/philippilk/status/1759631165797859710?s=46

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Perry Mason Jar posted:

The masses are correct, of course.

It is not relevant that he is saying something true, it does not make him an ally to Palestinians, or even an opponent of Israel. The BRICS countries have nuclear arms, militaries, economic power. They allowed the genocide to happen and have as much complicity as every other country that did.

Actually Brazil is in contravention of the Genocide Conventions to which they are a signatory, which requires prevention and punishment of genocide, two duties they neglected - arguably they are worse than those countries (eg, Russia) which are not parties to the convention. Making a statement of opposition (ie, not a material opposition) after Gaza is rubble, tens of thousands dead, millions displaced, starving, and diseased, is sheepdogging.

lol this guy thinks the BRICS are some kind of poor man NATO and that Brazil has access to nukes or any means of doing "material opposition" to a country thousand of kms away, who has nukes themselves, and also the unconditional support of Europe and the american empire

What Lula did certainly ain't going to stop the genocide, but it's about what he can do and a lot more than most leaders in the world are doing, except for South Africa

Elias_Maluco has issued a correction as of 12:07 on Feb 20, 2024

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

it would be 20% annualized, so if the war had lasted an entire year. to date it’s only 5% since the war’s start which is still a decent number.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The British had reverse car-brain (train brain?) in India, which is kinda funny

e: Unfortunately relevant in two ways, colonial policing and famine ,

It's a common feature of colonies that the only roads and infrastructure were at the ports and whatever was needed to pull materials out of it.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

So why aren't the cuckbollah responding to Israel outright bombing in their sovereign lands? Are they just simply going to sit back and toss out few rockets here and there while Israel slow roll their bombing campaign further and further in their country?

And no, the rationale that they don't want to incur a land war with the US doesn't make sense. If they don't do anything, Israel is going to keep on bombing their citizens and cities, further and further north slowly but surely.

NeonPunk has issued a correction as of 13:30 on Feb 20, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Really hate this genre of soy nazi explainer video about why what Israel is doing is good, actually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2ZuJYxhig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMyA9ooilk

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

I said come in! posted:

Man that article about women and children being rounded up and executed, is really upsetting. And just knowing that demons like Joe Biden will see these reports and smile and saying in private that it was good. This is the true face of America and the other western white supremacy nations.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

For the gun guys ITT:

Why are the IDF M4s already missing so much bluing? They must have armourers and CLP?

I've never seen a rifle in this bad shape get signed out, ever. On the other hand, if you trashed your rifle this badly, why wouldn't you turn it in? (and get smoked by the armourer)

e: To clarify this is one of several times Ive seen this, it just happened to be the best photo to use, I don't think it's a one-off problem.

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Feb 20, 2024

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

in retrospect it's kinda funny that there must have been an assumption that nobody the USA was fighting would ever be able to develop and manufacture a surface-to-air missile

these are probably modern missiles that ansar allah took ahold of once they made it to aden, before they were pushed back

the grand irony again that it wasn’t iran that armed them, it was really saudi arabia/ emirates and the west

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Really hate this genre of soy nazi explainer video about why what Israel is doing is good, actually

No clue how an IT guy got a following absolving the West's war crimes. Doesn't enough media do that already? Is it just a video form of OSINT?

err has issued a correction as of 13:50 on Feb 20, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

err posted:

No clue how an IT guy got a following absolving the West's war crimes. Doesn't enough media do that already? Is he just an extension of OSINT?

The fedora really makes this for me.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
I know this isn’t the usual fodder for this thread but I found this hourlong policy overview of international law, sanction authority currently targeted at settlers, national security memos conditioning aid to certain legal frameworks, the influence of Ramadan, and domestic Israeli politics extremely helpful and informative https://open.spotify.com/episode/0XchHzquQxjsKPWyfNUXcB?si=qU3tjkRZTBqGwiEqdsrPSQ&context=spotify%3Acollection%3Apodcasts%3Aepisodes

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

For the gun guys ITT:

Why are the IDF M4s already missing so much bluing? They must have armourers and CLP?

I've never seen a rifle in this bad shape get signed out, ever. On the other hand, if you trashed your rifle this badly, why wouldn't you turn it in? (and get smoked by the armourer)

e: To clarify this is one of several times Ive seen this, it just happened to be the best photo to use, I don't think it's a one-off problem.

From being slung on their backs, it rubs their uniform

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Egg Moron posted:

Well, not so much owner as I helped buy it by participating in society

lol you think you own anything when in fact it is you that is owned

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-chief-in-message-to-troops-unlike-our-enemy-we-maintain-our-humanity/
IDF chief in message to troops: ‘Unlike our enemy, we maintain our humanity’

quote:

In a missive to troops, IDF Chief of Staff Lt. Gen. Herzi Halevi says the army is “not on a killing spree,” acting out of revenge nor carrying out genocide in the Gaza Strip, as the war against Hamas is well into its fifth month.

“We have been fighting for four months, and we still have a long way to go,” Halevi writes.

He says the fighting is “a long and just war. Every move is very important, every local achievement is part of achieving the goals of the war. Do it with determination and professionalism.”

“We act like human beings and, unlike our enemy, maintain our humanity. We must be careful not to use force where it is not required, to distinguish between a terrorist and those who are not, not to take anything that is not ours — a souvenir or weapons — and not to film revenge videos,” Halevi says.

“We are not on a killing spree, revenge, or genocide. We have come to win and defeat a cruel enemy, who deserves a bitter loss,” he says.

On the IDF’s probes of its failures in the lead-up to Hamas’s October 7 onslaught, Halevi says, “We will carry out the investigations with five leading values: truth, relevance, transparency, responsibility, and togetherness.”
thanks for the list of things you are doing

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

For the gun guys ITT:

Do you think a single one of these pizza ordering weekend warrior genocidal assholes both has the knowledge and discipline to clean their weapons?

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Orange Devil posted:

lol you think you own anything when in fact it is you that is owned

These are the facts

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

Raskolnikov38 posted:

it would be 20% annualized, so if the war had lasted an entire year. to date it’s only 5% since the war’s start which is still a decent number.

5% economic retraction in a quarter is pretty massive

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

For the gun guys ITT:

a lot of the rifles the idf uses (especially in the reserves and in training) aren't M4s, but M16s that had their barrel shortened to the size of an M4 and their front grip replaced. those guns are old as gently caress.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro
https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8KQDHxJ/

AJ spotlight on Noor Harazeen

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZT8KQqxbU/

bisan with a view of tents at rafah from a second or third story, based on her dates about 2 weeks ago but idk how to find post dates on tik tok

Cookie Cutter
Nov 29, 2020

Is there something else that's bothering you Mr. President?

Man, the evolution of poor Bisan's face since October. She is looking seriously bitter and furious all the time now, especially since all the developments in Rafah, you can see it in her eyes and I don't blame her tbh

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp2ZuJYxhig
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkMyA9ooilk

https://twitter.com/MucahitTom/status/1759586605835203023?s=20

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/idf-chief-in-message-to-troops-unlike-our-enemy-we-maintain-our-humanity/
IDF chief in message to troops: ‘Unlike our enemy, we maintain our humanity’

thanks for the list of things you are doing

We are a force for humanitarianism, unlike our enemy, the bug menace.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The fedora really makes this for me.

lindenwald is not the worst town in nj

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

is that a grapefruit wedge?!

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/bloombergasia/status/1759732006492017117?s=46&t=UyfxoSAUKW7QZlR_GhkuYA

oil is back up thanks to that ship getting sunk

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.
https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1759592268552384555?t=zj_gjCOxeyIMsF8q5ABgIQ&s=19

The state department is working extra hours forcing western news outlets to keep supporting Israel even though the official Israel twitter account keeps screaming at them whenever they dare to say "Palestinian children suffering is bad" or some poo poo

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I don't recognize the legitimacy of Israel.

Halser
Aug 24, 2016

finally, a solution to the tendency of the rate of profit to sink

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Sancho Banana posted:

https://twitter.com/Israel/status/1759592268552384555?t=zj_gjCOxeyIMsF8q5ABgIQ&s=19

The state department is working extra hours forcing western news outlets to keep supporting Israel even though the official Israel twitter account keeps screaming at them whenever they dare to say "Palestinian children suffering is bad" or some poo poo

It's pretty brazen to complain about the network that literally ran every I/P article by an IDF censor

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/in-last-minute-bill-change-power-to-shutter-foreign-media-handed-to-national-security-ministry/
In last-minute bill change, power to shutter foreign media handed to National Security Ministry

National Security Committee head MK Zvika Fogel has made a last-minute change to pending legislation allowing the government to censor foreign media, moving the authority needed to close a foreign channel from the purview of the Defense Ministry and cabinet to the National Security Ministry and Communications Ministry, along with the National Security Committee, Channel 12’s Daphna Liel reports on X, formerly Twitter.

The decision to move the oversight to the ministries headed by Communications Minister Shlomo Khari and National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir will not be subject to judicial review, Liel reports, but it can be appealed by parties opposed to the change.

According to the report, the law allowing foreign media to be banned will not be limited to wartime alone.

The law was originally drafted to allow the communications minister to shutter foreign networks operating in Israel and confiscate their equipment if the defense minister identifies that their broadcasts pose “an actual harm to the state’s security.”

The law is expected to pave the way for Karhi to follow through on his threat to shut down Qatari news channel Al Jazeera, which he has said is working against Israel’s defense interests and fueling anti-Israel sentiment.

A temporary measure allowing the government to censor foreign media passed its first reading in the Knesset yesterday in a 25-4 vote.

Brandon Proust
Jun 22, 2006

"Like many intellectuals, he was incapable of scoring a simple goal in a simple way"

Karach posted:

It's pretty brazen to complain about the network that literally ran every I/P article by an IDF censor

idf censors are hamas

Adenoid Dan
Mar 8, 2012

The Hobo Serenader
Lipstick Apathy

Yeah I don't think this applies in an army that keeps as a trophy every casing from a shot that took a protester's knee. They aren't killing someone who can fight back, they don't need to make every shot count or anything like that, they're just hateful and bored.

This stupid, smug motherfucker.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/in-last-minute-bill-change-power-to-shutter-foreign-media-handed-to-national-security-ministry/
In last-minute bill change, power to shutter foreign media handed to National Security Ministry

National Security Committee head MK Zvika Fogel has made a last-minute change to pending legislation allowing the government to censor foreign media, moving the authority needed to close a foreign channel from the purview of the Defense Ministry and cabinet to the National Security Ministry and Communications Ministry, along with the National Security Committee, Channel 12’s Daphna Liel reports on X, formerly Twitter.

The decision to move the oversight to the ministries headed by Communications Minister Shlomo Khari and National Security Minister Itamar Ben Gvir will not be subject to judicial review, Liel reports, but it can be appealed by parties opposed to the change.

According to the report, the law allowing foreign media to be banned will not be limited to wartime alone.

The law was originally drafted to allow the communications minister to shutter foreign networks operating in Israel and confiscate their equipment if the defense minister identifies that their broadcasts pose “an actual harm to the state’s security.”

The law is expected to pave the way for Karhi to follow through on his threat to shut down Qatari news channel Al Jazeera, which he has said is working against Israel’s defense interests and fueling anti-Israel sentiment.

A temporary measure allowing the government to censor foreign media passed its first reading in the Knesset yesterday in a 25-4 vote.

tHe OnLy DeMoCrAcY iN tHe MiDdLe EaSt

Sancho Banana
Aug 4, 2023

Not to be confused with meat.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

lmfao

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Adenoid Dan posted:

Yeah I don't think this applies in an army that keeps as a trophy every casing from a shot that took a protester's knee. They aren't killing someone who can fight back, they don't need to make every shot count or anything like that, they're just hateful and bored.

This stupid, smug motherfucker.

https://twitter.com/RyanMcbeth/status/1758947262778978811?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

israeli snipers are so bad they're trying to shoot all these women and children in their kneecaps but get headshots instead