Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

The two stores post is dead on. I had a sensible chuckle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crafty
Dec 9, 2003

I CAN'T SEE SHIT.

xbox one is the best

Maybe lazy original devs, and new devs being loyal too the classic setup (would need someone else to confirm, can’t remember)? The devs on this new one did a great job updating the graphics though, game looks great and runs very smoothly.

Competency is just another word for skill and I wholeheartedly reject those accusations.

Sandepande
Aug 19, 2018
Dev skill issue?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Snacksmaniac posted:

The two stores post is dead on. I had a sensible chuckle.

i think my favorite part of this was people getting incredibly mad when the mods attempted to rename the Steam thread the "PC Gaming Thread", despite the fact that it literally is just the "PC Gaming Thread"

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Crafty posted:

This is NOT a skill issue and those menus DO look identical. Don’t anyone say skill issue here please

Error between couch and controller

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i think my favorite part of this was people getting incredibly mad when the mods attempted to rename the Steam thread the "PC Gaming Thread", despite the fact that it literally is just the "PC Gaming Thread"
The first word of the thread title is sacrosanct and can never be changed or nobody will ever find the thread again

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Volte posted:

The first word of the thread title is sacrosanct and can never be changed or nobody will ever find the thread again

i remember one of the arguments being like "extremely tone-deaf for mods to do something without consulting the users just after the lowtax stuff dropped" and yeah. those are definitely two comparable things

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
pc gamers are nerd freaks, it's easy to believe

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

https://x.com/klobrille/status/1759945357478289626?s=20

Cool beans!

the rat fandom
Apr 28, 2010
I’m sure the game probably isn’t good, but bluey is a perfect game pass game for every Xbox owner with young children.

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

the rat fandom posted:

I’m sure the game probably isn’t good, but bluey is a perfect game pass game for every Xbox owner with young children.

Yea and peppa

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
hell yes to Bluey. Just about bought it the other day!

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

Feels Villeneuve posted:

i remember one of the arguments being like "extremely tone-deaf for mods to do something without consulting the users just after the lowtax stuff dropped" and yeah. those are definitely two comparable things

Lol

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
Oh cool Maneater's coming back. Don't play it.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
One of GamePass's more underrated features is their tendency to get the rights to terrible licensed games 1st graders want to play but I don't want to pay $40 for. My 5 year old loves My Friend Peppa Pig, her older sister loves all those terrible Paw Patrol games.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

welcome posted:

Why not? I quite enjoyed it when I played it and the DLC.

Did you just not like it or are the developers bad people or something?

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

welcome posted:

One of the worst games I have ever played.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

PriorMarcus posted:

Why not? I quite enjoyed it when I played it and the DLC.

Did you just not like it or are the developers bad people or something?

I really did not like it, felt like I was constantly fighting the camera and especially the controls. Feeding Frenzy meets Tony Hawk should not be so miserable to play.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Maneater's pretty Okay. Chris Parnell's carrying the whole thing on his shoulders.

otter
Jul 23, 2007

Ask me about my XCOM and controller collection

word.

RBA Starblade posted:

Maneater's pretty Okay. Chris Parnell's carrying the whole thing on his shoulders.

Wait, what? Parnell is in it?
Now I might have to check it out.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Maneater is a perfectly B-tier kind of game. It took me like 10 hours to complete and even that got a little repetitive, but the main gimmick and sense of humor was amusing enough to finish.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I've been playing Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and its been fun! Mid-budget quality RPG that is linear, with some backtracking you can do to open up new side areas as you gain new abilities by progressing the storyline.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I said come in! posted:

I've been playing Banishers: Ghosts of New Eden and its been fun! Mid-budget quality RPG that is linear, with some backtracking you can do to open up new side areas as you gain new abilities by progressing the storyline.

I honestly think the last part kind of works against it to some degree. Banishers I think is a really solid 15-or-so hour linear RPG stretched out to a not very solid 30-hour open world RPG, since the game just doesn't have enough enemy variety or combat design to stretch itself out that far.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

welcome posted:

Disregard this poster, Maneater is cool. Cosplay as a giant shark and fight alligators and eat all the mans. The upgrades make your shark look even cooler.

The Truth Quest dlc is hella fun, and you can make your shark look like a crazy glowstick.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Knew that waiting out on Boltgun, Arise, and Indivisible would pay off. Thank you xbocks

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tales of Arise is really good!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

otter posted:

Wait, what? Parnell is in it?
Now I might have to check it out.

It's presented as a lovely Discovery shark week show. He narrates it

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

exquisite tea posted:

Maneater is a perfectly B-tier kind of game. It took me like 10 hours to complete and even that got a little repetitive, but the main gimmick and sense of humor was amusing enough to finish.

Yeah I had a good time with it despite the open world repetitive task structure. Loved watching the shark do triple jumps.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Been playing it too. I like it quite a bit. Kind of reminds me of Witcher 2 a little bit.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Honestly thinking on it, my biggest issue with Banishers is the whole Oath thing.

I think the game would be a lot more appealing if it withheld the "you have to kill almost everyone" info and if you didn't make an oath you're obligated to stick to no matter what because that just encourages smash-clicking the Ascend/Blame buttons. It'd be a lot more appealing and cool if they just went "You'll need to blame a certain number of people..." and leave it up to people to decide how much that is and then give an appropriate ending. I'd have been a lot more tempted to Blame someone it the game didn't put up like three neon signs going THIS IS AGAINST YOUR CHOICE.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Even when PC games work the first time without issue, they all seem to have terrible shader compilation stutter.

But most importantly it’s all about that couch + tv life

acksplode
May 17, 2004

AndrewP posted:

Even when PC games work the first time without issue, they all seem to have terrible shader compilation stutter.

That's getting better, publishers are starting to prioritize that problem. Off the top of my head, Lies of P and TLOU Pt.1 have shader precompilation.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I thought man-eater was a pretty fun brain off game. Chomp some fools and swimming around feels pretty good.

It's worth installing and having a go at if you are curious at least.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/ELDENRING/status/1760076880764449173

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

we're so back

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Hell yes

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The DLC should be xbox exclusive.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I think they probably want people to play it

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

I said come in! posted:

The DLC should be xbox exclusive.

Can we show some humanity and empathy please? Like for once, not be snarky and snippy just for sake of our own selfishness and just be a good person to others?

PS5 really needs games, let's be charitable, c'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Says all Actiblizz games will be day one on game pass, including Cod. Also that they aren't fully giving up on physical.

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1760054821816500434?t=6lrEeM3dG6GS2xh0h7nAyg&s=19