Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

External Organs posted:

Is that like when the neighbor of a serial killer describes him as nice

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

i love not needing to wear glasses

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
cspam has been quiet lately.....too quiet

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al! posted:

I loving hate American toilets so much. the one at the new apartment is even shorter and the water level is even higher. what is WRONG with people here.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

External Organs posted:

Is that like when the neighbor of a serial killer describes him as nice

yup

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

mawarannahr posted:

I loving hate American toilets so much. the one at the new apartment is even shorter and the water level is even higher. what is WRONG with people here.

semi-related I don't understand the appeal of the martini glass, it's like it was invented to maximize spillage

by the time there's a comfortable margin between the drink level and the top of the glass you're like half done with it

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

loquacius posted:

semi-related I don't understand the appeal of the martini glass, it's like it was invented to maximize spillage

by the time there's a comfortable margin between the drink level and the top of the glass you're like half done with it

agreed.

this is the politically optimal shape:

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

mawarannahr posted:

Thankfully this problem was solved by a former Trump admin member

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

mawarannahr posted:

agreed.

this is the politically optimal shape:

is that a minecraft toilet

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

titty_baby_ posted:

Thankfully this problem was solved by a former Trump admin member

for making true plop plops

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Second Hand Meat Mouth posted:

is that a minecraft toilet

It isn't filled with lava

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

New grandpa name just dropped plopped

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Wish imgur upload worked

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mr Hootington posted:

Wish imgur upload worked

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Mr Hootington posted:

Wish imgur upload worked

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

Al! posted:

it's time to free croup

selec
Sep 6, 2003

thread, i need some help. i am paralyzed and cannot make myself turn and use my music making PC. it would take all of three minutes to do this, and I have a couple things I want to do on there that aren't directly music-making, including exporting an old song and dumping an image file to update my forums avatar.

but i have a lot of Psychology going on around music-making rn! i am trying to be better at accepting my winter hibernation, and i feel the feelings that mean i'll be making music again soon, and if that could even be today? i'd love that! but i can't bring myself to turn the loving pc on and just sit down and accept being rusty and feeling apprehension and do the thing. I am technically on the clock for about 3.5 more hours, but after that i'd like to just head up to the office, turn on the music machine, and do a few things, maybe noodle around in the ole music software for the first time in literal months. even typing this i feel anxiety in my stomach. i could use some help.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

buy/make/give yourself a little treat for turning the machine on

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

selec posted:

thread, i need some help. i am paralyzed and cannot make myself turn and use my music making PC. it would take all of three minutes to do this, and I have a couple things I want to do on there that aren't directly music-making, including exporting an old song and dumping an image file to update my forums avatar.

but i have a lot of Psychology going on around music-making rn! i am trying to be better at accepting my winter hibernation, and i feel the feelings that mean i'll be making music again soon, and if that could even be today? i'd love that! but i can't bring myself to turn the loving pc on and just sit down and accept being rusty and feeling apprehension and do the thing. I am technically on the clock for about 3.5 more hours, but after that i'd like to just head up to the office, turn on the music machine, and do a few things, maybe noodle around in the ole music software for the first time in literal months. even typing this i feel anxiety in my stomach. i could use some help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

selec posted:

not a silver bullet but sometimes if I'm feeling unmotivated to make new music i listen to old sort of sketches I've made and see if there's a phrase or rhythm i like that i never fleshed out and see if i can finish it.
or if you're just lacking vitamin d go for a walk

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

selec posted:

Stop being a pussy.

Alternatively send me your address in Iowa and if it isn't too far I will come over and call you a pussy in person.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Do not actually do that

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

tfw the beats groove on you

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Hatebag posted:

not a silver bullet but sometimes if I'm feeling unmotivated to make new music i listen to old sort of sketches I've made and see if there's a phrase or rhythm i like that i never fleshed out and see if i can finish it.
or if you're just lacking vitamin d go for a walk

lol between this and the suggestion of a treat (I’m going to buy myself a forums avi) and the feeling of humiliation that Shia LeBoof maybe had a point or two worth considering I may have a plan.

I will get done with my meeting, and put on outside clothes, and walk around listening to some old material, and come home and turn that fucker on, and then report back to the thread and if I failed I will accept my humiliation.

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

sometimes what helps me is to just reason with my dumb brain like no this is not a big deal, its going to be fine, just do it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

shia lebouf said this

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

sometimes what helps me is to just reason with my dumb brain like no this is not a big deal, its going to be fine, just do it.

He ain't losing his virginity

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

selec posted:

lol between this and the suggestion of a treat (I’m going to buy myself a forums avi) and the feeling of humiliation that Shia LeBoof maybe had a point or two worth considering I may have a plan.

I will get done with my meeting, and put on outside clothes, and walk around listening to some old material, and come home and turn that fucker on, and then report back to the thread and if I failed I will accept my humiliation.

good luck!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.

loquacius posted:

The martini glass is fine because it's almost never filled to capacity to begin with. The real bitch is the coupé glass, too small to hold the drink so you're leaving some in the shaker regardless of what it is

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Anxiety loving sucks.

What sometimes works for me (and may or may not work for you) is to set tiny goals, like not "I AM GOING TO MAKE A MUSIC NOW gently caress MY BRAIN", but "I am going to turn on the music computer AND THAT IS IT". Then "I am going to noodle around with the music software." and then "I am going to lose patience with myself and drat well make some music no matter what my brain is telling me." (that last one is more implied).

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

I need a new reed for my saxophone but I'm too lazy to go down to the music store. It's on a weird one way street and the hours aren't congruent with my routine

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

docbeard posted:

What sometimes works for me (and may or may not work for you) is to set tiny goals, like not "I AM GOING TO MAKE A MUSIC NOW gently caress MY BRAIN", but "I am going to turn on the music computer AND THAT IS IT". Then "I am going to noodle around with the music software." and then "I am going to lose patience with myself and drat well make some music no matter what my brain is telling me." (that last one is more implied).

This works pretty well. Once you get started it's not so bad. "I'm going to the gym and you can't stop me, me."

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Dokapon Findom posted:

The martini glass is fine because it's almost never filled to capacity to begin with. The real bitch is the coupé glass, too small to hold the drink so you're leaving some in the shaker regardless of what it is

my coupe glasses hold about 8oz which is plenty

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Celebrating toddler boy's birthday at the children's museum. There was a racism exhibit! I love learning

Imgur is down 👎👎👎

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

KirbyKhan posted:

There was a racism exhibit! I love learning

That was just the men's bathroom mirror, Kirby

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

Celebrating toddler boy's birthday at the children's museum. There was a racism exhibit! I love learning

Imgur is down 👎👎👎

Never too early to go woke.

Have a good birthday little kirbling

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

That was just the men's bathroom mirror, Kirby

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Putting on the cranial examination helmet at the Phrenology Simulator exhibit

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
little windy and a little rainy here, yet just heard that faint cry of infrastructure in peril: bwaaaauummm of a transformer popping. can almost smell the ozone. soon i may be in darkness. amen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dokapon Findom posted:

Putting on the cranial examination helmet at the Phrenology Simulator exhibit

lol they should make a Zoltar machine that does this