Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Deptfordx posted:

The Purging of Kadillus by Gav Thorpe

I must have read that one, I read all the Space Marine Battles books, but I have not the faintest recollection of that one, even after reading the book blurb on Amazon to remind myself.

That's probably not a good sign.

the only one i read was the iron warrirors one where its mostly the Iron warriors and poo poo ton of Not-Helghast followers doing stupid hosed up poo poo to fight orks. also some dumb conspiracy about the obliterator virus. I do like the that one of the iron warriors gets brutaly murdered by slaves though.

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

apparently they are doing a call of duty crossover as well according to dataminers so hey they might just be whoring that IP around

(yes they are whoring that IP around lol its gw)

Id love some more 40k games. space marine 2 seems to be maybe coming out later this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Shroud posted:

I believe so. If I remember right, Pollux had to choose between destroying Perturabo's flagship (while Perturabo was in it), or following Dorn's orders and returning to the Terran muster.

It wasn't really that cut and dry, since they really just had an opportunity to counter attack after they got their poo poo pushed in, when the message to go to Terra came through

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Dapper_Swindler posted:

the only one i read was the iron warrirors one where its mostly the Iron warriors and poo poo ton of Not-Helghast followers doing stupid hosed up poo poo to fight orks. also some dumb conspiracy about the obliterator virus. I do like the that one of the iron warriors gets brutaly murdered by slaves though.

Is that the C.L. Werner one? That book is awful, one of the few books I've gotten a little way into and abandoned forever.

I actually had high hopes for it because Werner did a great job of writing Thanquol as a hilarious schizophrenic warp-cocaine addict, but his 40K attempt was :ohno:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Kylaer posted:

Is that the C.L. Werner one? That book is awful, one of the few books I've gotten a little way into and abandoned forever.

I actually had high hopes for it because Werner did a great job of writing Thanquol as a hilarious schizophrenic warp-cocaine addict, but his 40K attempt was :ohno:

i believe so. its so stupidly edgy.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface

Dapper_Swindler posted:

i believe so. its so stupidly edgy.

That's chaos tho

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
No chaos is spiky, not edgy. Learn the difference. One has a sharp edge the other has a sharp point.

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

Arc Hammer posted:

No chaos is spiky, not edgy. Learn the difference. One has a sharp edge the other has a sharp point.

Within the wonderful bounty of chaos, friend, the finite point can be expanded to in infinite plane of edge.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
oh my loving god yall are not doing this

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

oh my loving god yall are not doing this

Would you say.... we are missing the point.

Edit: https://youtu.be/0XgSvWgYJ-c?si=WHcLoOjYVT25Fat

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Telsa Cola posted:

Pro-click.

SnakesRevenge
Dec 29, 2008

Remember the basics of CQC, Snake!

Telsa Cola posted:

Get in the titan, Princeps!

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Telsa Cola posted:

Within the wonderful bounty of chaos, friend, the finite point can be expanded to in infinite plane of edge.

(Reaches thru the 8th dimension and shoves ur nerd rear end into a locker)

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Kylaer posted:

(Reaches thru the 8th dimension and shoves ur nerd rear end into a locker)

You are hurt. How dare he not respect your posting! No matter how good your thread is, he never votes more than 2. He attacks with a clumsy insult. You parry with Turn On Your Monitor.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

EMPATHY [Impossible: Failure] He’s mocking you! Your own father! And on your Day of Days! What did you do to deserve this? Nothing, that’s what.

PHYSICAL INSTRUMENT [Easy: Success] Time to give him the ol’ Worldbreaker one-two. Sorry, dad.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

apparently they are doing a call of duty crossover as well according to dataminers so hey they might just be whoring that IP around

(yes they are whoring that IP around lol its gw)

Kind of funny to see the CoD character animations poorly fitted to an Ultramarine or a Blood Angel. The one smoking a cigar through the helmet, before the fingers clipped through the breastplate was probably the best one.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I love The End And The Death-inspired shitposting :allears:

Unrelated

Erebus: Oh, right. The anathame. The anathame for Horus, the anathame chosen especially to convert Horus, Horus's anathame. That anathame?

Lorgar: Yes! That anathame.

Erebus: Got you covered :buddy:

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
TE&TD I think is particularly rich for shitposting riffs and I'm looking forward to where this goes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

I..Inevitable City?! At this etheric junction, at this moment of no-time, in this sector of space, localized entirely within The Vengeful Spirit?!

Gravitas Shortfall fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Feb 20, 2024

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

I..Inevitable City?! At this etheric junction, at moment of no-time, in this sector of space, localized entirely within The Vengeful Spirit?!

...May I see it?

(Abnett, sitting back in his chair and wondering how to get Dorn from the Inevitable City to Valdor and settling on having Dorn just appear next to him)

No.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I am a shitpost. I am the absence of effort abbreviated to these few simple lines. I have become my own last secret. See this post now, these scant characters in the dust, for the thread is about to flush them away.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Perturabo: I am my monitor's blue glow.

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

You call them multi-lasers even though they are clearly bolters?

Yes, it's an expression from our original homeworld, Aurelia.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SardonicTyrant posted:

You call them multi-lasers even though they are clearly bolters?

Yes, it's an expression from our original homeworld, Aurelia.

Really? Well I'm from Calderis and I've never heard of multi-lasers.

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.

Arc Hammer posted:

We are all aspirants to Perturabo's legion, the Legion of Goons.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Mikojan posted:

Someone do a better job than me pls

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

habeasdorkus posted:

We are all aspirants to Perturabo's legion, the Legion of Goons.

A legion so embarrassing that it was purged from all imperial records, never to be spoken of again. Another step closer to solving the mystery of the lost space marine legions.

Fearless
Sep 3, 2003

DRINK MORE MOXIE

lines posted:

TE&TD I think is particularly rich for shitposting riffs and I'm looking forward to where this goes.

You say that now, but just you wait until each and every joke is beaten like a dog!

much like Sanguinius

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
ooof

lines
Aug 18, 2013

She, laughing in mockery, changed herself into a wren and flew away.
I'm trying to think of a riff on the encounter with Ahriman but I can't actually make it any more shitpost-y than what he actually does and says, to be honest.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007

Fearless posted:

You say that now, but just you wait until each and every joke is beaten like a dog!

much like Sanguinius

:chaostrump:

Healthy young Fenrisian goes to VI Legion, gets pumped with massive shot of many geneseeds, doesn't feel good and changes - WULFEN. Many such cases!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Arc Hammer posted:

Really? Well I'm from Calderis and I've never heard of multi-lasers.
Did i say Aurelia? I, uh, meant Baal, because they're from a ceremonal exchange of arms with the Blood Angels.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

SardonicTyrant posted:

Did i say Aurelia? I, uh, meant Baal, because they're from a ceremonal exchange of arms with the Blood Angels.

Yes and you call them Blood Angels despite the fact they are obviously Blood Ravens.

lonelylikezoidberg
Dec 19, 2007

Arc Hammer posted:

Yes and you call them Blood Angels despite the fact they are obviously Blood Ravens.

Well, I'm from Ultramar and I've never heard anyone use the phrase "Blood Angels"

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Dropping the puns for a moment what's the status of Segmentum Ultima post Great Rift? It's attached to the Easterm Fringe where the Blood Ravens operate which would put it in Imperium Nihilus. Was the Segmentum itself cut in half with Ultramar on the western side and everything else lost to Nihilus?

Dog_Meat
May 19, 2013
What in the warp tainted, glossia-spewing heresy is going on in this thread right now...?

I'm old. Your humour is scary and heretical.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I would like a book about like Dorn or Guilliman slowly coming to realise that yes, dad is actually a god.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

serious gaylord posted:

I would like a book about like Dorn or Guilliman slowly coming to realise that yes, dad is actually a god.

It's called Godblight

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
The End and the Death part 3 was very good and I am looking forward to rereading it all in a row as a single long book

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

AnEdgelord posted:

It's called Godblight

yup

Though whatever comes after it will probably cement that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tasty
Jul 21, 2005

Hueheheh-and you GOT one

quote:

HORUS: Sooo, what are you gonna do once we set foot on the throneworld?
ANGRON: Kill everyone!
PERTURABO: Perform a systematic dismantling of Dorn's defensive measures and bring the palace down brick by brick until he and Father are dead
HORUS: Pssh, what do you know about running a siege?
PERTURABO: What are you gonna do, Horus?

dream sequence

SANGUINIUS: Hey Horus, what did you do, get a haircut or something?
HORUS: LOOK CLOSER, GUIN-Y
SANGUINIUS: Oh I know what it is... you're the most powerful man in the galaxy, and you're entirely covered in blessings of chaos!
HORUS: ALL 4 CHAOS GODS UNDIVIDED!

HORUS: Take a seat at my side, Dad! I'm running things now!
EMPEROR: All hail king Horus!

Jokes aside, anyone else wonder what the implications of LE-2 Being in the direct presence/gaze of all 4 chaos gods and coming out still sane/alive will be? Seems like kind of a weird plot thread to drop.

Also I thought the (TEOTD 3 spoilers) The final fight with Horus was really well done. Considering what he said about homage to the old lore Abnett took all the various stories about the confrontation: someone stands between Horus and the Emperor, but the old lore can't decide on whom, a space marine? A lone guardsman? A Custode? No it was all three, actually. He adds some new stuff like the psychic battle and dimension/timeline hopping, but keeps to what was said before (the emperor loses an eye, gets his arm sheared completely down to the bone, almost completely dismantled.
And I'm impressed that the Emperor is indeed actually as large as the art depicts him. His psychically projected image can be much smaller, but his real physical form is gigantic. I'm assuming this implies he most definitely did some genetic tinkering on himself and used his findings to create Custodians and all his other super soldiers. That or he used the power he got from the warp to enhance himself