Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
time to watch the Jesse Plemmons episode of black mirror again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

War and Pieces posted:

God I wish Hollywood was like this

i got a key grip on ur balls

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005

Open Source Idiom posted:

Speaking of soft core sex thrillers, there's a fairly fun camp / horror piece that just came out, Suitable Flesh, with Heather Graham and Barbara Crampton. Super low budget, and the first half an hour is a bit slow, but once it gets moving it's fun.

i had this on my backlog and watching it now

goes 0-60 after the 30 minute mark

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer

KirbyKhan posted:

Disney used to be good at it. But they ain't got the juice no more. So the Disney Adults are gonna get unsatisfied one day and have a "Homestuck" or "8bit comics" level hiatus breakdown. It'll be glorious.

Those were projects helmed by one person, Disney as a brand is too spread out to ever really burn out in spectacular fashion

The worst case scenario for them is probably something similar to Looney Tunes, where the properties are reduced to vague nostalgia stapled to other more current and successful properties and the occasional reboot that goes nowhere.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dudes rock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wW4fLBD5MPs

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

Those were projects helmed by one person, Disney as a brand is too spread out to ever really burn out in spectacular fashion

The worst case scenario for them is probably something similar to Looney Tunes, where the properties are reduced to vague nostalgia stapled to other more current and successful properties and the occasional reboot that goes nowhere.

May this happen to Micky Mouse, inshallah

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
Chill for Psyduck

https://variety.com/2024/tv/news/pokemon-concierge-netflix-new-episodes-1235916305/

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

War and Pieces posted:

May this happen to Micky Mouse, inshallah

I can't even remember what year that picture is from but I remember being so horrified and disgusted by it, just viscerally. I mean I still am

nice obelisk idiot
May 18, 2023

funerary linens looking like dishrags

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I can't even remember what year that picture is from but I remember being so horrified and disgusted by it, just viscerally. I mean I still am

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loonatics_Unleashed posted:

Slam Tasmanian: Descendant of the Tasmanian Devil. Before the meteor hit the city, Slam was a fighter in a ring.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

disney is mecca

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

BONGHITZ posted:

disney is mecca

yes. it is a sacred pilgrimage in western culture.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

PsychoInternetHawk posted:

The capitalist project is helmed by a relatively small number of people who are burnt out on the idea of productive industry. They’ve seized control of the machinery but are sickened by idea of making anything with it. Mergers and acquisitions give the illusion of productivity while eliminating pressure for actual productivity.

They don’t want to make movies or anything else. They just want the power to stop others from forcing them to make anything.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

praise arceus

Clip-On Fedora
Feb 20, 2011

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

It’s uh…very early 2000’s but I still remember the video making fun of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9nOD1h0m8Q

Clip-On Fedora has issued a correction as of 19:18 on Feb 20, 2024

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

we need a grim dark reboot of loonatics

Scarabrae
Oct 7, 2002

Clip-On Fedora posted:

It’s uh…very early 2000’s but I still remember the video making fun of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9nOD1h0m8Q

lol

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

oh thank god

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/GearboxOfficial/status/1759977877645214206?s=20
lol

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://x.com/DuvalMagic/status/1759987305622675807?s=20

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

"what if we lit and color graded a Borderlands movie like Andrei Tarkovsky" said someone aloud who implausibly wasnt then whipped in front of a moving cement truck

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

:whitewater:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

can we go back to having strikes

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

DoombatINC posted:

"what if we lit and color graded a Borderlands movie like Andrei Tarkovsky" said someone aloud who implausibly wasnt then whipped in front of a moving cement truck

I believe you misunderestimate the amount of slayeding that ms Cate Blanchette undertook for this important role

Her and known pedophile Randy pitchford are on a first name basis, you know

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
Actually - blanchett is in the Epstein logs so, lol, they might have a lot in common

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Live action adaptations of video games will never escape the cosplay stink I think. The costume design, however impeccably done, will just always look like people on a convention floor to me.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

In Training posted:

Live action adaptations of video games will never escape the cosplay stink I think. The costume design, however impeccably done, will just always look like people on a convention floor to me.

almost like they were created for the mediums they exist in and adapting them into a different medium effectively takes more creativity than merely transcribing the events of a video game into a 90 minute feature script

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Kevin Hart ascends

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

almost like they were created for the mediums they exist in and adapting them into a different medium effectively takes more creativity than merely transcribing the events of a video game into a 90 minute feature script

No that can't be true. Or else they wouldn't be greenlighting the projects

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
i would say people will go see it but I honestly dk if "Borderlands" is enough of a draw for a big blockbuster crowd. how much did it cost?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
oh god it's directed by eli Roth I'm gonna throw up

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Post-credit stinger of Handsome Jack inc

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

i would say people will go see it but I honestly dk if "Borderlands" is enough of a draw for a big blockbuster crowd. how much did it cost?

yeah don’t think anyone cares about the brand. if anyone sees it it’ll just be noted theater goers going …., hmm what’s playing right now….. oh some action movie with a cool name of borderlands, eh ok honey let’s try it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Xaris posted:

if anyone sees it it’ll just be noted theater goers going …., hmm what’s playing right now….. oh some action movie with a cool name of borderlands, eh ok honey let’s try it

does this 1) still happen? 2) enough to open a tentpole?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Couldn't even be bothered to build a practical clap trap eh

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

indigi posted:

does this 1) still happen? 2) enough to open a tentpole?

my coworker is a mega movie buff that sees pretty much everything. another coworkergoes on date nights with the wifey and just catches whatever’s playing that night at semi random a few times a month

but lol to 2 not at all. it’s going to loving bomb so hard

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
can you bet on what movies will do well yet? can I short Borderlands?

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello

can you bet on what movies will do well yet? can I short Borderlands?

Lionsgate films is the studio, so, it's traded as NYSE:LGF. A or B

They could still cancel it before release and your short call might get hosed though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

looks like a popcorn classic