Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 28 hours!
No such thing as no fault divorce. The kids always know it’s their fault :smith:

I’m ok with this snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

After several long conversations with his wife, Ron is backing down on backing down!

He's back, baby!! All the way to the White House!

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Froghammer posted:

My eyes bugged out of my skull when I read "end no fault divorce" and only went wider. Absolute psycho poo poo.

I don't know why they'd actually push for this when so many Republicans are on, like, their 7th wife.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

lmao

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

PKMN Trainer Red posted:

DeSantis got so thoroughly embarrassed and dunked on that him sidling up to Haley as VP would somehow only be worse for her campaign.

It would be, he's not well-liked. Boebert or MTG would be a better Haley VP pick; two women would be safer than any of the male prospects because (a) they're more recognized on the national stage, and (b) the dudes have all been dunked on by Trump. Trump doesn't sound like he's even getting bites for VP, which cracks me up.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

remember that tweet that was like:

man to laura loomer: lady would you please wear a mask
loomer: oh why, so I can be safe against the """cornoa virus"""
man: what's a cornora virus

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:lol::lol::lol:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Waffle House posted:

two women would be safer

are you really making an argument that a two woman ticket would be a good choice for the party that overtly hates women and have already been running sexist ads against Haley?

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Froghammer posted:

My eyes bugged out of my skull when I read "end no fault divorce" and only went wider. Absolute psycho poo poo.

Next step in the plan: women can't own property or have bank accounts. Then finally someone will marry them because it'll be like the 1800s, where marrying an abusive piece of poo poo guy was the only way to get out of your abusive piece of poo poo dad's house.

Then all these incels can get women, like god intended.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

redshirt posted:

I don't blame him at all, and fully understand the motivation. What would you do in his place?

Get hate crimed, probably.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

John Wick of Dogs posted:

"No legal basis to remove anybody but they should fire Wade anyway because of Decorum"

If you read the linked article, she is in fact not making that case based on decorum.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

vaginite posted:

Next step in the plan: women can't own property or have bank accounts. Then finally someone will marry them because it'll be like the 1800s, where marrying an abusive piece of poo poo guy was the only way to get out of your abusive piece of poo poo dad's house.

Then all these incels can get women, like god intended.

Don't forget repealing the right to vote, too!

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Catastrophe posted:

I don't know why they'd actually push for this when so many Republicans are on, like, their 7th wife.
They'll compartmentalize they same way they do for abortion. My divorce is a personal, private matter that doesn't need to be talked about in public. Your divorce is a sin against God.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver
The only thing DeSantis should be doing is keeping his head down, pretending he never half-ran for president, and look for an exit to a quiet corner of republican shitterdom to pull a paycheck from. Even Scott Walker figured this out and eventually was awarded a board position at the Smithsonian, presumably as the token moron where his job is to wear a dunce cap and sit on a stool in the corner while the adults are talking.

Being DeSantis, he will do anything except the one thing he should be doing.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

kazil posted:

If you read the linked article, she is in fact not making that case based on decorum.

I'm also not sure how being released from the case, where by his account he was taking a substantial pay-cut relative to working in his own practice, would constitute any kind of punishment.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

The smart move is for DeSantis to retire from politics and gently caress off to rich guy land, but I honestly think he's too power hungry to fade away gracefully.

SonOfGhostDad
Nov 16, 2022

Toxic Mental posted:

Yeah none of that poo poo is happening

we all know there's simply no way SCOTUS would overturn settled law. it's settled!

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

Zero VGS posted:

I think they started with "hey those uniforms look sharp" and alternate history fiction, and attracted the kind of misfits who want attention even if it is negative attention. Then they go from doing it ironically to doing it not-so-ironically because they're dipshit kids.

Same way some anime nerds were heiling Hitler across the street from the Holocaust Memorial in Boston:

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

nobodygetshurt posted:

someone turned the entire tucker piece into a Dagoth Ur interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taTXqTdYYUY

this is better than it deserves to be

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Froghammer posted:

The smart move is for DeSantis to retire from politics and gently caress off to rich guy land, but I honestly think he's too power hungry to fade away gracefully.

its a mix of that mixed with him being married to doctor girlfriend.

wheatpuppy
Apr 25, 2008

YOU HAVE MY POST!

Waffle House posted:

It would be, he's not well-liked. Boebert or MTG would be a better Haley VP pick; two women would be safer than any of the male prospects because (a) they're more recognized on the national stage, and (b) the dudes have all been dunked on by Trump. Trump doesn't sound like he's even getting bites for VP, which cracks me up.

The governor of South Dakota has made it pretty clear she would lick Trump's boots for a shot at the VP slot. Mind she is probably also hoping he will die in office so she could get promoted to CinC.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so is this like that lady who lured nazis into the woods with the promice of blowies and then blew their brains out. except, idk, she eats their faces because she is snow leopard.

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1760006117835276563

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Bottom Liner posted:

are you really making an argument that a two woman ticket would be a good choice for the party that overtly hates women and have already been running sexist ads against Haley?

In all seriousness, what we are addressing here is a merit-devoid vacuum of horribly bad ideas, so I am posting the most absurd possible things I can think of while seeing, IMO, the obvious truth that Trump is dead-walking and that everything around him is just a bank run wearing the robes of earnest terrorism.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Froghammer posted:

Thing is he doesn't really have a viable path anywhere in politics except the presidency. I doubt that he'd be interested in going back to the House, the Senate is blocked off and being governor again, meh

Outpost22
Oct 11, 2012

RIP Screamy You were too good for this world.
He could always go to Disney World?

Dick Boat
Jul 3, 2009

Pulse Demon

Outpost22 posted:

He could always go to Disney World?

He could become a janitor in the Hall of Presidents at the Magic Kingdom. It'll be the closest thing he'll get to in terms of presidency.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Mons Hubris posted:

I think this was a Curb Your Enthusiasm subplot

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1227040292060180481

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Thing is he doesn't really have a viable path anywhere in politics except the presidency. I doubt that he'd be interested in going back to the House, the Senate is blocked off and being governor again, meh

I don’t understand why he doesn’t do governor again and try again later.

One thing is clear is that being president is an old man’s game so he has time

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Seth Pecksniff posted:

And really, how is he gonna win governor again after being forced to take 4 years off out of the spotlight (let's be real here, the spotlight doesn't want him lol) and then running against a monster he personally created? Dude's old news.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t understand why he doesn’t do governor again

because he cant

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

CharlestheHammer posted:

I don’t understand why he doesn’t do governor again and try again later.

One thing is clear is that being president is an old man’s game so he has time

Term-limited.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Bottom Liner posted:

because he cant

Not for Florida just go somewhere else. Ron may be bad with the general public but he is great at internal politics which is all that really matters for governors

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Just don't pay them. Straight up just do nothing. What are they gonna do, arrest her?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

He is also bad at handling the public everywhere, especially places that aren't Florida.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Not for Florida just go somewhere else. Ron may be bad with the general public but he is great at internal politics which is all that really matters for governors

his entire brand is Florida.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Shishkahuben posted:

Just don't pay them. Straight up just do nothing. What are they gonna do, arrest her?

The fines were auto-deducted from her paycheck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Shishkahuben posted:

I mean I think they garnished their paychecks, essentially. It's not a question of paying fines it's a question of getting back the money that was withheld.

I'm surprised that the GOP hasn't like passed some new bullshit rule to give them the back pay though?