Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

What Items in this game would you guys consider S tier? Off the top of my head I'm thinking Railgun, Laser backpack (beyond S tier. broken OP and needs a nerf) breaker, Stalwart, shield backpack, orbital laser, eagle cluster bomb, gatling turret...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This is a AAA game. "AAA I'm being overwhelmed by bugs!!"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

What Items in this game would you guys consider S tier? Off the top of my head I'm thinking Railgun, Laser backpack (beyond S tier. broken OP and needs a nerf) breaker, Stalwart, shield backpack, orbital laser, eagle cluster bomb, gatling turret...

I'm really coming around to the javelin when doing big content with a full group. While the railgun is great for lots of things, sometimes I just want to blow that bot factory the gently caress up from 300m away and just Not Deal With Their poo poo.

It can also really gently caress up a bile titan if you line the shot up right and get it to hit it in the face.

But if you're not doing a full crew it's not worth it.

Marlow
Jan 11, 2007

Foreign dokaebi

Marlow posted:

I know that the Discord has been locked for being over capacity for a while, but if any of you have the opportunity to join the Helldivers Official Discord, please jump at it. It is full of some of the best posts I've ever seen. This one almost made me do a spit take with my Liber-tea.

https://www.change.org/p/demand-immediate-repair-of-helldiver-2-server

Found another gem:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Marlow posted:

Found another gem:

These guys should get with the total warhammer streamers and form a union

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Marlow posted:

Found another gem:

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Marlow posted:

Found another gem:

lol loving streamers, ugh

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Marlow posted:

Found another gem:

Oh my

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Gotta build a fan base for your game that is so sorely lacking in players right now!! I’m trying to help you can’t you see!!!

Also I’d been sleeping on it but the expendable anti tank rules. Short cooldown AND you get two per call-in. We ran a buncha missions where we each brought it with and they were just littered everywhere among the corpses of our Huge Enemies. Also works to take out broadcast towers and spore spewers at range.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Marlow posted:

Found another gem:

changed my mind, I actually hope they don’t add any more server space

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
i get the complaints but it's also very funny that every complaint is like "umm excuse me but have the devs considered fixing the game??"

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Marlow posted:

Found another gem:

I hope this guy snags his nostrils on a series of inconveniently placed coat hooks

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Don't sleep on the Steam discussion page:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If you're a streamer trying to play an extremely popular game and I, a person who doesn't watch streams, don't know your name already then I'm guessing you aren't losing that much income.

I guess you could just play a different game since people watch for your amazing personalit-ahahaha sorry I couldn't keep it up

Crain posted:

Discord: gamer opinions

Steam forums: Gamer Opinions

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Marlow posted:

Found another gem:

lol what a fuckin clown

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

I mean, the game hasn't been out two weeks yet so maybe he could just rescind his notice and keep his day job.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Crain posted:

You heard it here first folks: gingers aren't white.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Marlow posted:

Found another gem:

lol "I speak on behalf of all streamers" ok buddy :jerkbag:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

You’re the first person I’ve seen praise the light MG. Most people ignore it or think (perhaps rightly) it should be a primary like in HD1. It seems ok but do you really feel it’s worth a stratagem slot?

I had considered trying it but once I hear it only has light penetration I kinda figured it was better to grab the other MG instead.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Galaga Galaxian posted:

You’re the first person I’ve seen praise the light MG. Most people ignore it or think (perhaps rightly) it should be a primary like in HD1. It seems ok but do you really feel it’s worth a stratagem slot?

I had considered trying it but once I hear it only has light penetration I kinda figured it was better to grab the other MG instead.

Many of my friends absolutely love the stalwart for bug planets. It was their goto strategem for many levels. If you crank the rpm up to 1100 it's a buzzsaw.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Crain posted:

Every popular game's steam discussions are at least half people trolling with poo poo like this.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
mfw no whites

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Galaga Galaxian posted:

the stalwart is extremely good at killing things, and has notable advantages over the machinegun (the biggest of which is reloading on the move.) the problem it has is mostly a meta problem; at difficulty levels >7 you're facing a lot of heavily armored targets for which your team *needs* support slot weapons that are suitable for those targets; there just aren't enough eagle strikes to go around. Meanwhile, the breaker is still pretty drat good at clearing trash and doesn't cost you a strategem slot or support slot. So most people who are tryharding are running breaker + railgun or somesuch.

Note, you can still run up to 7 with the stalwart and succeed pretty well with a coordinated team. You can probably do higher too if you're Good At Video Games, but the amount of armor spam will start to get rough.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Feb 20, 2024

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

veni veni veni posted:

I feel both EAT and Supply Pack while not maybe S Tier get sorely under-rated by a lot of people. Yes they're not Big Shiny but having two rocket launchers on a short cooldown, or a dude carrying resupply, are both game changers. Especially if that dude realizes he can call down an actual resupply and carry any unused packs in his backpack for later.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
patch just dropped

quote:

🛠️ PATCH 1.000.10 (PC & PS5) ⚙️
🔧 Fixes
- Fixed crash when replicating ragdoll momentum.
- Fixed crash when replicating destructions.
- Fixed crash when displaying the mission end rewards.
- Resolved a 100% block issue for quickplay matchmaking on PC
- Tuned extract civilian mission difficulty.
- Improved the way that we handle platform authentication to avoid things like the black screen issue at startup.
- Improvements to our client > backend communication for better backend performance.
- Implemented an automatic retry mechanism to quickplay.
- Added proper login error message for error "10002038.”

🧠 Known Issues
These are issues that were either introduced by this patch and are being worked on, or are from a previous version and have not yet been fixed.
- Login rate limiting when many are logging in at the same time.
- Players can become disconnected during play.
- Rewards and other progress may be delayed or not attributed.
- Various UI issues may appear when the game interacts with servers.
- Pick-up of certain objects in-game may cause characters to freeze in place for an extended period of time.
- Other unknown behaviors may occur.
- Japanese VO is missing from intro cutscene and Ship TV.
- Armor values for light/medium/heavy armor do not currently function as intended.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

quote:

Armor values for light/medium/heavy armor do not currently function as intended.

I'll wager this is behind some of the weapon balance problems.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Steam just dropped a 20meg patch but I don't see any notes.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

patch just dropped

Hopefully this at least fully resolves the black screen issue. That's my biggest gripe at the moment. After my game crashed last night I couldn't get to the queue screen at all.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer

patch just dropped

Is this going to boot the idlers?

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

patch just dropped

those look like good fixes so far, nice

however, looks like theres no afk kicking?

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

yeah the 'meta' such as it is for a game like this really varies depending on difficulty level and number of competent friends on discord playing together

if you're playing solo easy, that's nothing remotely similar to helldive 4s with friends

on 7+ difficulty, you can't get cute with weapon choices without getting punished by the 6 chargers and 3 bile titans that are on your team At All Times on top of the swarm of 30+ misc bugs of varying hardnesses

similar story on bot missions, except there it's hulks and tanks

I actually think bots are somewhat easier on 7+ than bugs if your team is competent, just because they can be shut down and avoided so hard by smoke and stealth - bugs do not give a gently caress and are all up in your poo poo all mission long most of the time

6-7 with friends is right around the sweet spot in terms of being hard enough to be interesting without being so punishing as to demand you always run guard dog + railgun all the time or whatever

my opinion might change as everyone maxes out their ship upgrades, but right now 8-9 when you've got double penalty mods running, a lot of strategems don't pass muster

anyway balance issues are way down the list right now, it's going to take a month for network poo poo to quiet down before we start seeing tinkering patches

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

I'm hopeful we see afk kicking and adding a queue by the weekend.

Typical Pubbie
May 10, 2011
The primary weapons can be split into two categories. Weapons that are intended to be used mainly in third-person are good. Weapons that are balanced with ADS in mind are mediocre or bad.

Cognac McCarthy
Oct 5, 2008

It's a man's game, but boys will play

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

I'm wondering if that's something they can implement server-side without a client patch. If so they should at least announce it

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

quote:

Tuned extract civilian mission difficulty

Thank *god*, maybe it won't be the worst of all missions now.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
The meta will be however the functional armor changes the gameplay, will people in light armor be squishier? hardier? will the shield backpack interact with heavy armor in anyway or will it continue to be a op pairing with light armor?

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

CuddleCryptid posted:

oh boo hoo a bunch of dead nerds and you don't get paid

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

CainFortea posted:

I'm really coming around to the javelin when doing big content with a full group. While the railgun is great for lots of things, sometimes I just want to blow that bot factory the gently caress up from 300m away and just Not Deal With Their poo poo.

It can also really gently caress up a bile titan if you line the shot up right and get it to hit it in the face.

But if you're not doing a full crew it's not worth it.

that's what the EAT is for imo. Similar strike power to a recoilless rifle/spear round but also keeps your backpack slot open. Also summon is super easy to remember and it has almost no delay to the point that you can almost use it to pod-drop chargers. Really nice when you're scrambling hard and having the short cooldown means if you die and lose it or if you lose track of where it landed you'll get another set up pretty quick

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I'll wager this is behind some of the weapon balance problems.

Pretty sure this is referring to our own armor value not doing anything, making medium and heavy armor useless beyond the primary perks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

CuddleCryptid posted:

It will still give basically no ship or extra warbond progression to new players being directed towards it, considering you don't have time to loot anything.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

The meta will be however the functional armor changes the gameplay, will people in light armor be squishier? hardier? will the shield backpack interact with heavy armor in anyway or will it continue to be a op pairing with light armor?

I am hoping it encourages the people who are honestly great light solo commandos to stand out from the people who think "I wore light armor and sprinted across the map at a 7 hole nest" makes them 'meta'.

Even on just Hard, People who kill themselves nonstop are less exhausting than people who scoop up all the samples from somebody's death then react to every breach and stalker they sprint into as "Turn to fight just long enough for someone to catch up and help, then silently leave."