Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

mine does nice warm water what the heck are these guys doing.

The cheap ones just hook up to the same cold water supply as the toilet itself. It's refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I'll chance arboreal gators over those nasty Australian drop-bears any day of the week

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006
Jackelopes will gently caress up a drop bear.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Back in the 90s I got a brochure for a swamp tour from a hotel in New Orleans that advertised watching the beautiful herrings nesting in the trees

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Those were some good posts. Very wholesome!

No. 6 posted:

Nah, it was just unfunny garbage

:flipoff:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
I appreciate that Trabant posts, but every time I see a bunch of gifs I just don't like for some reason, I look up and sure enough it's a Trabant post.

I just say this to say, we have clearly different tastes. I don't mean to discourage. I just find it's interesting. I don't even know what connective themes the gifs he posts have, except they're often in lovely phone aspect ratio :mad:

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

The connective theme was literally in the first line.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
He posts other stuff, too.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Okay well you picked a bad post for that particular accusation, then.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Anyone got that perfectly looping GIF of stone cold on the ATV?

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Cool Dad posted:

Back in the 90s I got a brochure for a swamp tour from a hotel in New Orleans that advertised watching the beautiful herrings nesting in the trees

I like this post and its attendant mental image very much.

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

Tree Bucket posted:

I like this post and its attendant mental image very much.

I’m imagining a bunch of fish up in a tree doing their best singing-fish-mounted-on-a-wall impression

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Cool Dad posted:

I was just driving through yesterday and I can confirm this book is documentary.

caspergers
Oct 1, 2021

zedprime posted:

I was just driving through yesterday and I can confirm this book is documentary.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQQ32lEqCS0&t=47s

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7pz7CqWTMs

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

Is there a thread for just this type of stuff? I don't know what part of the lizard brain it scratches, but I find it entertaining.

As someone confident in my abilities in home repair, I refuse to touch electric wiring. And every time I have had to open a wall to inspect some facet of it, it has always been... wrong.

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
OSHA thread plus Bad/Weird Houses should itch you good

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Nenonen posted:

Once we have Sora available to public we can at least turn his posts into psychedelic videos.

Unfortunately they still won't be funny.

https://i.imgur.com/yNQ9sgo_lq.mp4

That's a bunny mating dance. It's basically a bunny romantic comedy right there. My bonded pair used to do it alot til we got them fixed.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Soul Dentist posted:

OSHA thread plus Bad/Weird Houses should itch you good

Add Crappy Construction to list

Dance McPants
Mar 11, 2006

also Crappy Construction: The Four POs (previous owners) of the Hosuepocalypse

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3431884

fake edit ^^^ what he said

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

bunnyofdoom posted:

That's a bunny mating dance. It's basically a bunny romantic comedy right there. My bonded pair used to do it alot til we got them fixed.

So if you happen to accidentally goomba stomp your love interest is that like a bunny fail?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Now I'm thinking about sorry I bunny failed you *bonk* gift cards

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Karate Bastard posted:

So if you happen to accidentally goomba stomp your love interest is that like a bunny fail?

The stomped one shakes it off and hops away. Then the stomper will hop over and groom the victim fir apology

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Good to hear it doesn't spell doom or something

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

bunnyofdoom posted:

The stomped one shakes it off and hops away. Then the stomper will hop over and groom the victim fir apology

Thank you for your expertise!

no offense to bunnies but i would like to see it happen, it would be very cute.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

CJacobs posted:

Thank you for your expertise!

no offense to bunnies but i would like to see it happen, it would be very cute.

Unfortunately I do not have video footage so instead here is footage of two bunnies being really happy

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

bunnyofdoom posted:

Unfortunately I do not have video footage so instead here is footage of two bunnies being really happy

The owners of those bunnies should take them to a vet. They're making some crazy noises when they run and jump!

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_s4x0imsd0r1qjnhqg.mp4

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

ante posted:

OKay here's a kind of funny picture

I'm into butchy boy, chiggy pig, or granny grey

write in a millipedus

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Good to know that taking the piss out of people is a human universal.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Yeah, we do get what your posting is all about. A little on the nose, don’t you think?

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

This is excellent. It's not an electric unit.

When I built my garage, the electric code guy looked at my sub-panel (which was installed upside-down because there was no 1" punch-out for the conduit, which was coming up from below), and said, "wow, that's novel!"

Scared the crap outta me, but he passed my work

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
You should go into a knob-and-tube home.

poo poo is insane.

damn horror queefs
Oct 14, 2005

say hello
say hello to the man in the elevator

dialhforhero posted:

poo poo is insane.

As a person with zero knowledge or understanding of what electricians do, I can only assume this refers to something really vulgar involving furries

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

drat horror queefs posted:

As a person with zero knowledge or understanding of what electricians do, I can only assume this refers to something really vulgar involving furries

Might be worse. Just really old cabling standard, has issues with how much juice modern electronics pull.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

CitizenKain posted:

Might be worse. Just really old cabling standard, has issues with how much juice modern electronics pull.

It's also really old with crusty insulation and is difficult to modify safely. Over the years it's undoubtedly had lots of modifications, most of which will be dubious.

It's also rated for more current that wire of similar gauge today, so it depends on lots of empty space around the wires for heat dissipation. Lots of houses have had wall insulation added, which then makes it a fire hazard.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

dialhforhero posted:

poo poo is insane.

Oh, mine had both Romex and knob & tube when we moved in.

House was originally all K&T; in 1974, some electrician/wizard installed a Wadsworth 100A breaker panel, ran mostly Romex/NM all over the basement...except in a few areas that were still energized single strands. I have no clue how he did it - there were boxes with NM going in and out, but also a single K&T strand. I tried mapping it for a couple years, then gave up. Don't know where they came from, or where they went, but I ruined a good pair of linesman's pliers cutting what I thought was already dead.

Eventually, I ripped it all out, and discovered that they left the K&T above the light switches to the ceiling fixtures, because all of my home is still plaster & lath.

Bypassed it & fished NM up the walls by cutting holes directly above the necessary room walls, exposing the space between the studs above the switch and fishing it up. It was easy to run it to the ceiling fixture boxes after that.

gently caress lath: a million tiny nails grabbing & ripping the insulation jacket. Shredded a few runs & had to re-fish.

Worth it in the end, to have ceiling fans & peace of mind.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

our first house led to us discovering that sometimes people replace k&t only at the ends that are easy to reach and see, and leave the rest of the run in the walls or ceilings

it was an expensive discovery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

0toShifty
Aug 21, 2005
0 to Stiffy?
Yeah a really old house I used to live in had still-active knob-and-tube. The house was originally built with gas lighting, so the gas pipes were just used as the neutral. Apparently that was the practice of the time. Now, these gas pipes were no longer connected to any gas, they simply ran a separate set of gas pipes for the new-fangled gas ranges. Pipes absolutely everywhere. It also had steam radiator heat. Better than a windows 98 screensaver!