Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oh gently caress off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm not even sure the creators give a drat about it at this point. It's just a steady job for them (important for someone with as little societal value as a political cartoonist) creating something no one reads so why put any effort beyond the minimum in?

Yeah. I've come around to the idea that frankly, they must be smarter than a lot of us, because shitheads like them and Gorrell are able to make careers out of turning in blank sheets of paper or verbalizing TV static and we're stuck working jobs that we would largely rather not be.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
Yes, you're here for the genocide. That's why they came to stop you.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

China Daily

Warning of global warming by Song Chen

Free-fall by Cai Meng

These were from the week before and I missed them. They took last week off.

Le Monde

by Urbs from France
Macron got a coffee at a bar/cigarette shop
"The search for new ministers has taken him far."

Recharging your batteries by Micäel

"I'd love to recharge in the city!"

Robert Badinter : la mort d’un humaniste/Robert Badinter: The death of a humanist by Urbs from France

Thank you Robert Badinter:
"Are you crying because he passed?"
"More for the ones that are still here."
Badinter was responsible for the abolition of the death penalty when served as Justice Minister under Mitterand.

by Herrmann from Switzerland
"What if Trump encourages Putin to invade Sweden?"
"He's always confusing us with Switzerland anyway!"

by Dilem from Algeria
Trump threatens NATO
"Ok...I'll pay!"

Indonésie : Subianto remporte des élections controversées/Indonesia: Subianto wins controversial election by Amorim from Brazil

by Urbs from France
Farmers are threatening to start again...
"For land rights?"
"In some sense."

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

https://twitter.com/Lubchansky/status/1759593934408601779

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Most incomprehensible

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?
I dunno, I got "Oh it's like the US and Israel" pretty quick. I wouldn't posit that it's a particularly good cartoon though.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I assume it's about a horrible person that people keep making excuses for in the name of 'fairness'. Not sure who it is in this case, if it's a specific someone. If it seems familiar it's probably because Lubchansky has made this exact cartoon several times before

e: oh, is it Israel? I...guess it fits. Wasn't immediately clear to me, though.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

JUIT

it's got his writing style down at least

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!
I was impressed that it almost managed to spell "QUIT".

Adam Zyglis

Amjad Rasmi

Bill Bramhall

Carlos Latuff

Pretty sure the guy on the left is saying "Lula crossed a line..."

Jeff Danziger

Lisa Benson

Pedro X. Molina

Pia Guerra

Walt Handelsman

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

"They."

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

the_steve posted:

Yeah. I've come around to the idea that frankly, they must be smarter than a lot of us, because shitheads like them and Gorrell are able to make careers out of turning in blank sheets of paper or verbalizing TV static and we're stuck working jobs that we would largely rather not be.

I like my job, but we have wildly variable workloads and nonzero quality standards so, guess it 's a sucker's game.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

DalaranJ posted:

I like my job, but we have wildly variable workloads and nonzero quality standards so, guess it 's a sucker's game.

I'm just sayin'
If I could choose between the job I do now where I'm away from home 6+ months out of the year and subject to the risks and dangers inherent in that industry, or hand someone a package of printer paper and be good for the next 52 weeks, and maintain my quality of living with either one, I'm running to the store for the printer paper.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

idonotlikepeas posted:

Yaakov Kirschen (Dry Bones)

"They."
Kirschen, you are literally preaching hatred of Muslims

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

the_steve posted:

I'm just sayin'
If I could choose between the job I do now where I'm away from home 6+ months out of the year and subject to the risks and dangers inherent in that industry, or hand someone a package of printer paper and be good for the next 52 weeks, and maintain my quality of living with either one, I'm running to the store for the printer paper.

No, I legitimately agree, I would too even with my current job.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Feb 20, 2024

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Do you think it would be worth dropping a line to the Tolkein estate over Sinfest? Much as I like fair use this one is pretty vile, they're very judicious about their characters, and I don't think they'd want any association with something like this in any way.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kammat posted:

Do you think it would be worth dropping a line to the Tolkein estate over Sinfest? Much as I like fair use this one is pretty vile, they're very judicious about their characters, and I don't think they'd want any association with something like this in any way.

I dunno. On one hand, it'd be funny for him to get a C&D letter if anything came of it at all.
On the other hand, touching the poop is usually a bad idea, and I wouldn't want Ishida getting any kind of attention from anybody.

At most, we'd probably just get an arc where the Jew RR Token estate harasses one of his strong chad insert characters while he chants "'I'm not touching you, fair use, tee hee hee"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Did Trump do something with sneakers? 3 comics mention them is it a coincidence?

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Did Trump do something with sneakers? 3 comics mention them is it a coincidence?

He was at a sneaker convention

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

is, um

is that an unaltered photo

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Why does Saruman have horns? Also, the fact that Saruman the White is a villain kinda undervise the 'it's okay to be white' message. I aslo wonder if and how he will deal with Eowyn dressing as a man.

Alhazred fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Feb 20, 2024

Skios
Oct 1, 2021
A.F. Branco

Gary Varvel

John Deering

Michael Ramirez

Mike Luckovich

Steve Kelley

Tom Stiglich

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

loling at the boomer-rear end 'digital currency' randomly included

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Alhazred posted:

Why does Saruman have horns? Also, the fact that Saruman the White is a villain kinda undervise the 'it's okay to be white' message. I aslo wonder if and how he will deal with Eowyn dressing as a man.
He's Jewish, op

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Branco did that comic for a site called whatfinger.com

I decided to have a look and it bills itself as "The Conservative answer to the Drudge Report"

Nothing is conservative enough for these guys is it? We're basically a month or two out from whatfinger.com being accused of having a Liberal bias

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Microplastics posted:

Branco did that comic for a site called whatfinger.com

I decided to have a look and it bills itself as "The Conservative answer to the Drudge Report"

Nothing is conservative enough for these guys is it? We're basically a month or two out from whatfinger.com being accused of having a Liberal bias
Here's an anecdote for you. I used to be a very subtle troll on Conservapedia. For a long time, they said that the Declaration of Independence was written on hemp paper. I changed that to no it's not with a source. Someone much later changed that to "the Declaration was not written on hemp paper, despite claims from liberals". And I'm sitting here like motherfucker you know people can see the edit history of this page right

So yeah they'll always head in the direction of the most hateful echo chamber

The Islamic Shock fucked around with this message at 13:37 on Feb 20, 2024

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired

idonotlikepeas posted:

Speaking of people who should be locked up for life, it's time once more for

So he now has two parallel storylines. One about heaven being taken over by demons, and the other some kind of weird LoTR parody. And in both cases the core idea, I guess, is about progressives ruining the good and pure places (The Shire, Heaven) by letting in evil Orcs (Trans people) and demons (Immigrants? Sex workers, idk anymore). So between this and the "nordic chad" gymbros, Tats is now in his tradcath/RETVRN arc I guess.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

The Islamic Shock posted:

Here's an anecdote for you. I used to be a very subtle troll on Conservapedia.

Oh which one? There's a good chance I'd recognise the name, not because I ever dabbled in it myself but because I was a dedicated reader of What Is Going On On Conservapedia on rationalwiki :laugh:

The Islamic Shock
Apr 8, 2021

Microplastics posted:

Oh which one? There's a good chance I'd recognise the name, not because I ever dabbled in it myself but because I was a dedicated reader of What Is Going On On Conservapedia on rationalwiki :laugh:
I neither remember my name there nor want to, was pretty drunk most of the time I did that

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Phlegmish posted:

It's part of the whole WEF/global credit score/etc conspiracy stuff. It's pushed by goldbugs as a reason to buy gold using their referral code.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

That tiny ramp isn't really going to stop a truck. There isn't a huge amount of clearance once it's under the truck, but even so the truck should be able to drive over it and Trump without difficulty.

Phlegmish posted:

Given how heavily crypto was marketed towards fed hating, far-right chuds, and Banco's own politics. I think there is a nonzero chance he personally lost money during the big crypto crash.

I dont know fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 20, 2024

JamesBont
Oct 1, 2021

Skios posted:

A.F. Branco

Oh no, not digital currency! Now I'll have to pay for everything through my credit card, which has only been a thing since...the turn of the century.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Alhazred posted:

Gandalf specifically replaces Saruman as the White.
I seem to remember a white supremacist talking point that was relevant to that phrasing, but I guess Ishida didn’t think that hard about it.

JamesBont posted:

Oh no, not digital currency! Now I'll have to pay for everything through my credit card, which has only been a thing since...the turn of the century.

I really want Branco to snap off on a bizarre tangent where he hates on Bitcoin/Etherium.

DalaranJ fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Feb 20, 2024

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Skios posted:

Tom Stiglich

Biden continues to find joy in the splendor of nature, a good cartoon.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Alhazred posted:

At this point in the book, he is Saruman of the Many Colors. I'm just glad tats hasn't read the book

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

DalaranJ posted:

I really want Branco to snap off on a bizarre tangent where he hates on Bitcoin/Etherium.

Nah, those tokens are not government issued. Well, cash is also government issue, but for MAGA types it must feel assuring to have your life savings stuffed into your mattress where Obama's communazi FEMA-IRS will never find them.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kaza42 posted:

At this point in the book, he is Saruman of the Many Colors. I'm just glad tats hasn't read the book
Tats is just busily trying to turn every media franchise he's even remotely aware of into some kind of messed up Ernest Renauld and Bill Donohue rant at this point I think.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

duz posted:

It's part of the whole WEF/global credit score/etc conspiracy stuff. It's pushed by goldbugs as a reason to buy gold using their referral code.

Which in turn boils down to a mix of "The Jews are trying to control all our money" and "mark of the Beast" hysteria.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Citizen-led ballot measures may be harder to pass under ‘power-hungry grab’ by Utah Legislature

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

Y'know normally I'd say that it must be exhausting to jump from "the charges are no big deal and are only making Trump more yugely popular with the Common Folk" and "the charges are a shameful attempt to sink the president's popularity and should be dropped immediately" so quickly, but chuds have obviously shown over the past few years that they're loving experts at it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Kellies nomination: Most Willfully Dense

One was thrown into a remote prison on questionable pretexts that were condemned by Amnesty International, where he died at 47 under suspicious circumstances, the other is currently going through the legal system for crimes he has never denied commiting and some of which he did on national television, and has been given all opportunities to defend himself and appeal decisions.

gently caress you, you stupid lying sonofabitch.