Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

The Demilich posted:

Now that I have all these MKIII bodies in front of me, there's something about them that I can't quite put my finger on that I don't like about them.

If you're like me, it's the heads. They're smaller to make the bodies look huge.

E: they look pretty great with the old MkIII heads or any bare marine heads.

moths fucked around with this message at 02:55 on Feb 20, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
If I run Azrael in my DA successor army using his model (helmet on) in my colours , does that create a WYSIWYG issue if I use Belial's model as a generic terminator captain? Should I aim for consistency?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I guarantee you no one cares.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eej posted:

I guarantee you no one cares.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

There are like, no reference points for placing all the pieces of the back of a Leman Russ...why games-workshop?

If I ever need another one, I'm finding a proxy.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Lostconfused posted:

There are like, no reference points for placing all the pieces of the back of a Leman Russ...why games-workshop?

If I ever need another one, I'm finding a proxy.

Get the new Solar Auxilia russ when it comes out, bound to be a much better kit. I put together a chaos rhino and it was awful, I plan on using a Deimos Predator when the time comes.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Sounds like a plan.

Putting together all these old rear end tanks does make me appreciate how much better the new Rogal Dorn is.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Cooked Auto posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0F-Yq5YXL9c

It is time to purge the unclean in the name of the Omnissiah and the Emperor.

Space marine Who?

this is the true greatest 40k game

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

The difference of seven years between sprues

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM

Lostconfused posted:

The difference of seven years between sprues

Holy crap, I didn't think would go so far as to resculpt details as they got damaged. drat!

Also I got a rules question. When things are halved, do you round down or up? Terminator lord can halve the damage characteristic of attacks allocated to him; can he just no-sell 1 D attacks?

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

Super Waffle posted:

Holy crap, I didn't think would go so far as to resculpt details as they got damaged. drat!

Also I got a rules question. When things are halved, do you round down or up? Terminator lord can halve the damage characteristic of attacks allocated to him; can he just no-sell 1 D attacks?

Rounded up, so no.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Super Waffle posted:

To be fair it's not the same sprue, the old one is uh Imperial Guard tank bits from 2003 that's in the Basilisk box, and the new one is the is the Leman Russ turret and gun bits from 2010.

But yeah they kind of updated the sculpt on the tank commander but it's clearly still the same one.

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
thinking of making a uconn huskies themed space wolves

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

John Romero posted:

thinking of making a uconn huskies themed space wolves

Make sure to print out enough Ennui Husky decals

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

BizarroAzrael posted:

If I run Azrael in my DA successor army using his model (helmet on) in my colours , does that create a WYSIWYG issue if I use Belial's model as a generic terminator captain? Should I aim for consistency?

play some games and ask your opponents if it's confusing. WYSIWYG is ultimately a courtesy to the opponent.

Super Waffle posted:

In general, round according to the rules of arithmetic unless the ability says otherwise. 99% of the time, this is rounding up a value ending with .5

Also, you can't reduce damage to zero unless the ability specifically says it can. Check the rules commentary on page 19.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Seamless.

Aliensandwich
Jan 21, 2024

Athas posted:

speed paint

haha incredible. Speed paints are perfect for Sanics

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Failson posted:

Seamless.

three of the worst modern models in one bad photoshop

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
So, Krootwise, the original announcement was the Flesh Shaper, War Shaper, Krootox Rampagers, and the new Carnivores and Krootox, which they said was "about half" of the new Kroot releases. I figured at the time that meant four unrevealed models, since if it were five they wouldn't have used that "about" weasel-word to qualify "half." They've since shown the Trail Shaper, Lone-spear, and the new Kroot Hounds, plus the event model that's just a Carnivore doing a jump.

Do we figure there's gonna be one more next Monday, or does that seem like it's gonna be it?

(The comedy answer would be we get new Vespids but they're actually Vespid-shaped Kroot, with some fluff about the Kroot having eaten all the real Vespids and the mechanical explanation being "We wanted all the Tau auxiliaries to work under the same keyword.")

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Failson posted:

Seamless.
Lmao that buggy thing on the left is straight out of small soldiers

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Failson posted:

Seamless.

Nicely done, new intern. :vomarine:

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

titty_baby_ posted:

Lmao that buggy thing on the left is straight out of small soldiers

Can't over state how much it looks like a toy, even when it's right next to a bunch of plastic toy soldiers.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've heard it doesn't have a floor/bottom. It's just hollow. I've never seen one in person so I haven't been able to confirm.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Stephenls posted:

So, Krootwise, the original announcement was the Flesh Shaper, War Shaper, Krootox Rampagers, and the new Carnivores and Krootox, which they said was "about half" of the new Kroot releases. I figured at the time that meant four unrevealed models, since if it were five they wouldn't have used that "about" weasel-word to qualify "half." They've since shown the Trail Shaper, Lone-spear, and the new Kroot Hounds, plus the event model that's just a Carnivore doing a jump.

Did the original article say they'd unveiled "about half" the new Kroot, or "about half" the new models coming with the T'au codex?

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Same energy

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

titty_baby_ posted:

Same energy

This rules though?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

orks are cool, space muhrines drool

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Lostconfused posted:

orks are cool, space muhrines drool

this is the only morally defensible position.

looking for a quality fight, driving fast poo poo and eating.

orks are the only morally good faction

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

this is the only morally defensible position.

looking for a quality fight, driving fast poo poo and eating.

orks are the only morally good faction

This is Tyranid erasure and I won't stand for it.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

bird food bathtub posted:

This is Tyranid erasure and I won't stand for it.
Tyranids don't drive.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Roller Coast Guard posted:

Did the original article say they'd unveiled "about half" the new Kroot, or "about half" the new models coming with the T'au codex?

They specifically called out that it's half of the models coming for Kroot. So that's maybe two models left, a flier that can deep strike seems possible since they intend the Kroot to be unable on their own.

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So that's maybe two models left, a flier that can deep strike seems possible since they intend the Kroot to be unable on their own.

Perhaps not

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Safety Factor posted:

Tyranids don't drive.

:hmmyes:

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

xtothez posted:

Perhaps not

Goddamnit, I missed that.

So "About half" really did mean "Four more, and one of them is the event mini."

(Give us a Vespid Kill Team you fuckers.)

Stephenls fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 20, 2024

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

This rules though?

Indeed! Goofy miniatures are great. Somehow all the Primaris vehicles are miss that, and land on charmless.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Stephenls posted:

Goddamnit, I missed that.

So "About half" really did mean "Four more, and one of them is the event mini."

(Give us a Vespid Kill Team you fuckers.)

I've heard of rumours of a Vespid KT in the works but I can't verify.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]

Eej posted:

I've heard of rumours of a Vespid KT in the works but I can't verify.

The problem with that rumor as a rumor is that the idea of a Vespid Kill Team is such an obvious solution to the problem of how to justify budgeting the plasticization of the Vespid finecast kit on a corporate balance sheet that everyone who cares about Vespid spontaneously predicted it so, like... is it a rumor because there's an actual leak, or a rumor because everyone assumes it's true, or a rumor because people want it to be true? Who knows! Who can know, aside from GW employees?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Stephenls posted:

The problem with that rumor as a rumor is that the idea of a Vespid Kill Team is such an obvious solution to the problem of how to justify budgeting the plasticization of the Vespid finecast kit on a corporate balance sheet that everyone who cares about Vespid spontaneously predicted it so, like... is it a rumor because there's an actual leak, or a rumor because everyone assumes it's true, or a rumor because people want it to be true? Who knows! Who can know, aside from GW employees?
Ah, the warp manifestation method of product development

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Honestly it's entirely possible we're not getting a Vespid kill team even though that seems like a good way to justify a new plastic Vespid kit, because, say the Kill Team devs looked at it and went "Yeah we don't want to do a Kill Team where everyone can fly, that seems bad for Kill Team and we have to make Kill Team decisions for Kill Team first and 40k second." Like how everyone wanted GW to use the existence of Adeptus Titanicus as justification for an actual Imperator Titan model, but we don't seem to be getting it because playable Imperators would be bad for Adeptus Titanicus no matter how rad it would be to have an Imperator Titan that can fit in peoples' houses.