Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i feel the way to do it would be to make the crust more like naan or something and keep the toppings on the top

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
bubbles in the crust are crunchy awesome

but a big bubble you cant even eat is stupid

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I mean if you could somehow combine chhole bhatura and pizza, buddy

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

You have my attention

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Surely science can devise something better than human breath to create the pizza bubbles

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

SlothfulCobra posted:

But then it's black (presumably charcoal, squid ink would be darker),
It's almost a normal pizza dough color before it goes in, though.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Has this ever happened to you? If so, you may be entitled to compensation!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

:nms: gore

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

How much acne cream for a Zittza?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Um, did god just smite that pizza?

pygmy tyrant
Nov 25, 2005

*not a small business owner

I don't think you should be allowed to call a calzone a pizza no matter how much you mangle the top with scissors

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Hitting the button for 10,000 hours that's right next to the Pizza setting

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

pygmy tyrant posted:

I don't think you should be allowed to call a calzone a pizza no matter how much you mangle the top with scissors

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Philthy posted:

Tartar Sauce, Mozzarella, Beer battered Tilapia, French fries, Coleslaw.

Haven't tried it yet. This could go either way. Their mac n cheese pizza is amazing.

They're just punching themselves in the face saying "fish fry" and "tilapia" in the same sentence in Wisconsin. Sad!

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Should be walleye, no?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Dokapon Findom posted:

Should be walleye, no?

Walleye, perch, bluegill, or cod generally. Catfish if you're (I'm) lucky but that's not standard.

Not once have I seen tilapia at a fish fry. That's bizarre.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
walleye costs like $5-20 per pound depending upon quality wholesale, catfish costs $3-4, tilapia costs $2

price is so variable because of seasonality in caught fish, but tilapia's mostly farmed, too

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
Tilapia is like the Taco Bell beef of fish.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Tilapia is okay as a basic food product, I'll buy it once in a while for uses where I can overpower it with other flavors, but to be a restaurant and go lower on the fish fry price tree than cheap alaskan cod seems almost troll-level to me, especially since there's probably only 4-6 ounces of it on a pizza. Mrs Paul's fish sticks would probably taste better.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
its fuckin pizza, its not haute cuisine

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

bob dobbs is dead posted:

its fuckin pizza, its not haute cuisine

You're right, and fish and chips aren't an expensive meal either. How many chip shops in the UK do you think sell tilapia or Swai? Mess with food expectations, especially with cheap food, where tastes are a certain way and you'll fail. That's largely what this thread documents.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Honestly, almost all pics I've seen of UK fish and chips look like absolute trash. Just a big plate of fried beige. And steak fries are the worst fries by far.

Roundup Ready
Mar 10, 2004

ACCIDENTAL SHIT POSTER

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Honestly, almost all pics I've seen of UK fish and chips look like absolute trash. Just a big plate of fried beige. And steak fries are the worst fries by far.

Their chips might look like garbage steak fries we're used to in the US, but well made, triple fried chips kick rear end. I was on your side until I actually had them.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Roundup Ready posted:

Their chips might look like garbage steak fries we're used to in the US, but well made, triple fried chips kick rear end. I was on your side until I actually had them.

That's fair. If I ever go to the UK (hopefully one day) I'll definitely have to have their fish and chips. I'm spoiled here in Wisconsin with the Friday Fish Fry. I've definitely had not-so-good ones before though.

I'm only basing it off of pictures of course but I'd love to try it sometime!

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Total barf

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's fair. If I ever go to the UK (hopefully one day) I'll definitely have to have their fish and chips. I'm spoiled here in Wisconsin with the Friday Fish Fry. I've definitely had not-so-good ones before though.

I'm only basing it off of pictures of course but I'd love to try it sometime!

Spoiled in Wisconsin

Martman
Nov 20, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 22 minutes!
I'd eat it, I just wish they didn't pretend it was pizza

don longjohns
Mar 2, 2012

I know that the cooking process would mean that the spit sprayed into the pizza doesn't really impact the hygiene of it, but I cannot get over the ick factor of that. I started watching and couldn't see them blowing into the pizza right away, and felt this mounting dread as I realized that yes, they are blowing the pizza bubble with their mouth on a tube 🤮

I actually think squid ink could be good in pizza dough, but my favorite pizza is anchovy pizza so I, at the very least, should not breed.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The Maillard reaction is illegal in the UK that’s why their chips suck

nesamdoom
Apr 15, 2018

nesaM kiled Masen

Hand pumps are a thing, no need to spit into a pizza

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

nesamdoom posted:

Hand pumps are a thing, no need to spit into a pizza

Stop trying to cramp my style

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
down in South America they make booze by swishing it around in their mouths. don't judge.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

uber_stoat posted:

down in South America they make booze by swishing it around in their mouths. don't judge.

Hey, same with the traditional way of making Kava in the pacific!

Hatebag
Jun 17, 2008

oh. it's a peazza. I'd eat it, gently caress your god

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
salt and vinegar crusty bread sounds delicious

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Some ideas should have stayed at the bottom of the beer bottles they were spawned from :barf:

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Tilapia frequently has that gross freshwater algae taste but swai tastes consistently great to me.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Half my family is in the UK, and the other half is here in Wisconsin. Fish n Chips in the UK are different that the ones I always had came wrapped in a newspaper funnel doused in salt and vinegar. They're really good. Steak fries are also best fries, they sop up the vinegar and salt so good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

I've never tried it, but mushy peas sounds like literal baby food.