Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I remember Bernard Pollard vs Tom Brady's knee and the chiefs refusing to give them Pollard's head, settling for taking Matt Cassel off their hands instead. Or something like that. In any case, we paid dearly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Fat Jesus posted:

I remember Bernard Pollard vs Tom Brady's knee and the chiefs refusing to give them Pollard's head, settling for taking Matt Cassel off their hands instead. Or something like that. In any case, we paid dearly.

One of the only good Chiefs. He did fans a great service that year.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
God Bless Patriot Slayer Bernard Pollard.

Reminder that aside from Brady, he also got Wes Welker a year later, Gronk in the playoffs a few years after that, and I vaguely recall he may have been the last person to hit Aaron Hernandez in a game.

Also:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23PFEUi1fdA

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

oh man, the season is barely over and Pierce has dared to disrespectfully underestimate The Kansas City Football Team by hoping to slow down Mahomes

that poor franchise just can't get any respect

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Well that's one way to read that

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

So Pierce wants his guys to injure Mahomes, very interest. I'm not sure, but I think back in the day Madden had his raiders put a few pounds of tape around their forearms and use them like clubs, breaking a chiefs QB's jaw in some game or the other. I read about this many years ago and I might have a detail wrong. But if it was so, why is Madden looked at as everyone's football granpa and not like Gregg Williams? Maybe it was Al that wanted the tape. Was it all a dream?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I fully support Raiders trying to injure Mahomes

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Fat Jesus posted:

So Pierce wants his guys to injure Mahomes, very interest. I'm not sure, but I think back in the day Madden had his raiders put a few pounds of tape around their forearms and use them like clubs, breaking a chiefs QB's jaw in some game or the other. I read about this many years ago and I might have a detail wrong. But if it was so, why is Madden looked at as everyone's football granpa and not like Gregg Williams? Maybe it was Al that wanted the tape. Was it all a dream?

That's how defense was in the 70s and Madden is charismatic

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

kiimo posted:

Well that's one way to read that

I just want Pat to finally get some respect

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The337th posted:

I just want Pat to finally get some respect

It's not the point of the article or the discussion though

if anything they're comparing him with Jordan

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

kiimo posted:

It's not the point of the article or the discussion though

if anything they're comparing him with Jordan

Already lost one, can't be Jordan

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
a neat cape is right mahomes is the actual best not some Nike marketing fake best

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
Again: the Raiders cracking the code consists of not completing a pass for 3 qtrs and getting 2 defensive TDs in 5 seconds on christmas day. If they can just replicate these conditions in every future outing, the Chiefs are done I guess.

a neat cape posted:

Don't make me move Chargers down from my vaunted "least hatable opponent in AFC West" list. Haha raiders will always be at the bottom, but Broncs can always move up frendo

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Like that's gonna stop the inevitable.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

LiquidFriend posted:

Like that's gonna stop the inevitable.

I watched Tyreek's knee bend the wrong way, him hobble into the locker room, and then catch a TD on the next drive.

KC has voodoo magic

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

I watched Tyreek's knee bend the wrong way, him hobble into the locker room, and then catch a TD on the next drive.

KC has voodoo magic

They’re called athletic trainers and qualified ones don’t put a needle in your QBs lungs

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Finster Dexter posted:

Again: the Raiders cracking the code consists of not completing a pass for 3 qtrs and getting 2 defensive TDs in 5 seconds on christmas day. If they can just replicate these conditions in every future outing, the Chiefs are done I guess.

I suspect they'll have the hapless QB play part of that equation locked down for the foreseeable future, so watch out

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

The337th posted:

I suspect they'll have the hapless QB play part of that equation locked down for the foreseeable future, so watch out

:hmmyes: yeah I guess you have a point there

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

They’re called athletic trainers and qualified ones don’t put a needle in your QBs lungs

This was a good thing though

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

a neat cape posted:

Truly some bizarre twisted chargers luck

go herbie

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Was that Herberts rookie year?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

Was that Herberts rookie year?

Yep

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!
https://x.com/sharpclarkenfl/status/1760671303994859552?s=46&t=ckPt10nE464AHv1IdSGFyg

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Yeah Chiefs didn't lose a game after that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

yeah and all the Raiders fans hate the Chiefs in here come on we are tying you to excellence

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH
gently caress the Chiefs

That is all

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Who’s more excited about cap spike Chiefs because they need to resign everyone or Denver to deal with Wilson dead cap hit?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Calidus posted:

Who’s more excited about cap spike Chiefs because they need to resign everyone or Denver to deal with Wilson dead cap hit?

Broncos by a millionty billion

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Calidus posted:

Chargers because 2024 was our Cap Hell year and now all we have to do to get under it is cut Mike Williams and Eric Kendricks lol

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Sneed getting tagged

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Chiefs are unironically done. window shut

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

MVS released. Gimme that cap space.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

So long MVS. I didn't like you during the regular season but

https://twitter.com/jbbrisco/status/1762865227106824495

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Man wins you two superbowls and just like that? So long, good luck?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

For a long portion of the season MVS had more millions on the year than catches

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

kiimo posted:

For a long portion of the season MVS had more millions on the year than catches

How was his catches to bathrooms in his house ratio? That’s the only advanced stat I care about.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

He’s going have made more money in his 2 seasons with the Chiefs than the rest of his career combined. I don’t see him making another $18 million before he retires.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
The Curse of Marquez Valdes-Scantling will resonate for a century, god-willing

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

I’m very torn with idea of late first or early second for Sneed. Being able to draft a tackle would be really nice but going all in for threepeat is tempting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

Zero chance MVS ever played on that last year.

Either he outplayed the entire deal and held out or....what actually happened made it an easy decision. Bless him for some major playoff performances.

As for Sneed, I'd take some slot swappage with a pick or two gained.