Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Still excited for tomorrow. :homebrew: Having played the Early Access for years, I think everyone here will be really happy with the 1.0 launch minus the server problems. Just play offline in the meantime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Don't worry, we've been assured that when the authentication server fails it'll be Steam's fault.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

That's certainly one way to read that post

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I said come in! posted:

Still excited for tomorrow. :homebrew: Having played the Early Access for years, I think everyone here will be really happy with the 1.0 launch minus the server problems. Just play offline in the meantime.

Yeah the 1.0 patch video did its job and got me hype

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
I tried to read some of the notes and it seemed unclear to me - will the Trade/SSF ranks carry over to future cycles?

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

CubicalSucrose posted:

I tried to read some of the notes and it seemed unclear to me - will the Trade/SSF ranks carry over to future cycles?

Yes. I forget the exact number but Mike from EHG has said in interviews that the first 3 or 4 cycles will be adding new stuff that will immediately go core game

e: oh you said ranks, sorry. I don't know

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

quote:

You can join and leave factions at any time, AND your reputation with a faction is never lost or spent and is also shared across your account in that game mode. This means if you rank up one character to Circle of Fortune Rank 7 on Hardcore Cycle, any of your Hardcore Cycle characters upon joining Circle of Fortune will both share and contribute to that same Rank progression. Characters in a different game mode, such as Solo Challenge, or Normal Cycle, do have their reputation separated in the same way the player Item Stash is.

'In that game mode' to me suggests it'll reset Season to Season, but if you just play in the Eternal realm then it should be good forever.

edit; added in the rest of the paragraph

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

A big part of seasonal resets in games with a trade economy is that no in-game economic advantage carries over from season to season. It's a full reset of everything other than player knowledge. Given that trade faction ranks are a huge economic advantage in that they let you sell very rare items, I would be extremely surprised if they carried over

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Yea, that's pretty much my interpretation too.

CubicalSucrose
Jan 1, 2013

Phantom my Opera and call me South Park: Bigger, Longer, & Uncut
Makes sense.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
They can also mess a bit with how the auction house functions, if something doesn't work you can just change the values for the next season. Doesn't help the non season economy but nobody plays that anyways.

Falconer and Warlock guides are up on Maxroll. The negatives for the Warlock leveling guide are especially funny:

quote:

Cons:
- Mana Management
- Has to Respec 2 Skills
- Hard to See the Floor
- The Build is too Good?

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Just picked this game up a couple days ago to poke around before launch. Played a lich to 15 and was having fun. Is there a good breakdown of the different masteries play styles and key abilities or is it just checking maxroll for popular builds and trying to go from there?

As I have the next two days off of work I expect it to be a poo poo show until after I pick my kid up from school on Thursday, then be stable, as it is with all games I've tried to play in the last few years.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Hoping I can find one of these quickly; no level req so I'm guessing it should be available pretty early?
You can spec both Acid Flask and Explosive Trap to be fully Cold scaling then, so all in on some sort of Glacial Mines chain frost explosion traps sounds cool.

None of the Falconeer builds on max-roll use Acid Flask which makes me think it's hard to make it scale :(

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Sab669 posted:

Hoping I can find one of these quickly; no level req so I'm guessing it should be available pretty early?
You can spec both Acid Flask and Explosive Trap to be fully Cold scaling then, so all in on some sort of Glacial Mines chain frost explosion traps sounds cool.

None of the Falconeer builds on max-roll use Acid Flask which makes me think it's hard to make it scale :(

I've seen some people playing around with ideas for it. The unique at least opens up another option for scaling so in theory it should be feasible but maybe not super good?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

My prediction, 10k peak players

Edit: I say this because I don't think a 1.0 for a game that's been out for years is a huge draw like something out of nowhere like helldivers

queeb fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Feb 20, 2024

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I dunno about optimal builds, but both Explosive Trap and Falconry itself have options to throw free flasks so I'm going to try it out at least. Like, I don't expect manually throwing flasks to ever be good, but if you're getting a bunch of them for free it's not a bad idea to upgrade them, imo.

Personally I was thinking of a throwing damage/fire falconer build.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Here's hoping a melee falconer build and fighting alongside it is viable

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

queeb posted:

Edit: I say this because I don't think a 1.0 for a game that's been out for years is a huge draw like something out of nowhere like helldivers

It's going to be significantly higher than that.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

queeb posted:

I'm just gonna quote you now so it's preserved

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

queeb posted:

I dunno, it's getting a lot of hype from Diablo4 and PoE circles while they are bored waiting for the next season. Maybe not many will stick with it, but I expect a lot to try it.

frajaq posted:

Here's hoping a melee falconer build and fighting alongside it is viable

I should add that I was planning to trigger all my throwing damage with melee skills, lol. Throwing damage doesn't rely on your weapon quite as much as melee or casting, so I was thinking of using a spear and turning Dive Bomb into a movement skill. That said, maybe that's a waste since the actual spear bonus in the passive tree is more about bleeds.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

I'm going to start SSF because I want it to RAIN gear :getin:

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

queeb posted:

I can't seem to Insert Imgur from the Awful app, but steamDB says 23K players peak within the last 24 hours / 40K peak past year.

D4 is a flop and this game has been recently promoted by ARPG youtubers.

Helldivers will totally be the public darling, but this will do way way more than 10K players.

Like we even had a handful of goons on this dying forum pop their heads in the last 3 days and ask, "Buy now?"

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

I hope so, I'd love for another arpg to take a chunk of the market. D4 is so loving bad and I do love Poe but it's a bit much sometimes

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

queeb posted:

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

It already has a million sales out there and has been charting decently for a few weeks now. I think it does six figures with a wide variance in there based on how servers are holding up.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
1 billion players all competing for the best red items

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
I think the 40k was for the multiplayer stress test so conservatively it'd be 50k but I imagine it'd be more than that.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

lagidnam posted:

They can also mess a bit with how the auction house functions, if something doesn't work you can just change the values for the next season. Doesn't help the non season economy but nobody plays that anyways.
Haven't they explicitly stated that seasonal vs eternal content is going to be exactly the same and they'll only alter this if it turns out too many people end up avoiding seasons? That fact alone makes me think sticking to eternal isn't as bad of a choice as it would be for other games where seasons get exclusive content.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

DangerDongs posted:

1 billion players all competing for the best red items

Those are my red items get your hands off my red items

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Bored PoE players alone are going to make up way more than 10k players tomorrow.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

DaveKap posted:

Haven't they explicitly stated that seasonal vs eternal content is going to be exactly the same and they'll only alter this if it turns out too many people end up avoiding seasons? That fact alone makes me think sticking to eternal isn't as bad of a choice as it would be for other games where seasons get exclusive content.

That will be true for the first few seasons where the thing they add is a permanent addition to the base game. Eventually they will be doing PoE style seasons

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Dreylad posted:

I think the 40k was for the multiplayer stress test so conservatively it'd be 50k but I imagine it'd be more than that.

Yeah, I hope they're preparing for 100k because I think they're gonna be in that ballpark.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
100-150k is my guestimate, which they absolutely won't be prepared for given it's an indie game from a company on their first release. fortunately, I'll be playing offline, and circumventing all of the server making GBS threads the bed nonsense

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

quote:

- Hard to See the Floor

Welp, I guess that's made Warlock my top pick.

DaveKap posted:

Might be in the minority on this, but the thing I most like about seasons is they obviate the gutpunch of nerfs. No idea how PoE handles it, but if LE uses the D3 model of doing the balance shuffle in between seasons then that'll be great. Season length will hopefully inform on drop rates as well so half the builds on maxroll don't have "Negatives - Requires many socks for poop" in them.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Last Epoch will easily break 100k concurrent players tomorrow, maybe even 150k if the servers can handle it. PoE is 2.5 months in to its league, and most players have already been done with the league for a while now and waiting to jump back into a new ARPG. Diablo is coming off a really bad season and all of those players are looking for something to play, and this is a lot more approachable than PoE. You also have almost every content creator for D4 and PoE jumping in to Last Epoch tomorrow.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

TyrantWD posted:

Last Epoch will easily break 100k concurrent players tomorrow, maybe even 150k if the servers can handle it. PoE is 2.5 months in to its league, and most players have already been done with the league for a while now and waiting to jump back into a new ARPG. Diablo is coming off a really bad season and all of those players are looking for something to play, and this is a lot more approachable than PoE. You also have almost every content creator for D4 and PoE jumping in to Last Epoch tomorrow.

Even content creators who aren't major ARPG players/streamers like Quill18 have been playing it and talking about it. That's who I learned about the game from.

Magitek
Feb 20, 2008

That's not jolly.
That's not jolly at all!
Steam concurrent numbers will be extremely high, but I’m guessing the actual online play count will be drastically lower. Most players will try to create an Online character and immediately get spat out as the servers convulse in agony. Then the player will switch to Offline and never switch back.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
The only thing that's breaking tomorrow is the LE server infra.

:toxx: If this game launches without server issues I will hand draw Lagon taking his children to the playground and pushing them on a swing set.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

Benson Cunningham posted:

:toxx: If this game launches without server issues I will hand draw Lagon taking his children to the playground and pushing them on a swing set.

I also think that it is going to have server issues, no matter how well prepared they are. But is there any chance of you drawing this anyway? Because it sounds delightful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerox
May 20, 2001

Benson Cunningham posted:

+1 to draw anyway, if there are server issues, what else are you going to do.