Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

One of our new hires is a sim freak, she can probably hammer out a few quick mods for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015

SirPhoebos posted:

Make the bird aliens a canon antagonist .

I'm old and can't remember the name of the mission. But we absolutely shot at bird alien hallucinations in the last thread. Misjump and everything, I swear.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

SIGSEGV posted:

One of our new hires is a sim freak, she can probably hammer out a few quick mods for it.

Terra Defense Force 3025

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

there can be no peace until everyone is safe

Bloody Pom posted:

Can probably yank the surviving ER PPC from the Catapult to get our Battlemaster back up to Royal spec, then convert what's left into something resembling a K2.

I overlooked this earlier; I think somebody said it before (at the end of last mission when we picked it up?) but the PPC is a good trade versus the ER PPC. Having the mix has been pretty handy for heat management while in close while still getting some of the benefit from that heat-for-range trade.

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

SIGSEGV posted:

I think you’re recalling the other ongoing BattleTech thread, not this one.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Oh, right, well, maybe some world has a giant equatorial jungle with giant birds to hunt for extremely high status food for noble banquets.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Too bad Halloween is so far off, it'd be funny as a Bug in the System mission

April Fools draws near though

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.

propatriamori posted:

April Fools draws near though

Ick. I always take the day off on April 1st, and then ignore the internet.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Oh I dunno, RFC 2549 was hilarious

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

painedforever posted:

Ick. I always take the day off on April 1st, and then ignore the internet.

I generally agree with you, but I'm just saying that if we needed a day-of-the-year excuse to have a weird intermission, one exists, and I explicitly trust PTN to always make fun stuff

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Showdown at High Noon 4-11

“poo poo—poo poo!” Ironhead slammed her fists down on the armrests of her command couch. She hadn’t been quick enough, and the Rifleman’s computer had shut down to protect itself from the immense heat radiating from the machine’s over-taxed reactor. Her last shots had been effective, claiming the arm of the biggest enemy Airmech, but she’d been too fixated on the shot.

She flicked the restart switch with her thumb. Off, then on, trying to force a quick reboot—but the Rifleman’s computer remained dark and unresponsive, her radio silent, her radars offline. Only the quiet roar of the Rifleman’s fusion engine and the steady hydraulic thump of the cooling system told her the ‘Mech was still alive. All power had been redirected to life support and the cooling system as the Rifleman tried desperately to cool it enough for the computer to restart. She was helpless—and no matter how many times she tugged at the controls, she’d stay helpless until her ‘Mech finished rebooting.

The Airmech leapt across the icy crevasse, maintaining its altitude despite the loss of the ground effect it relied on to fly. Forced to use its engines as jump jets momentarily must have been taxing, but the enemy warrior handled the gap without issue. It crossed beside her and vanished—and Ironhead reached for the Rifleman’s ejection handles. It was tempting to pull them immediately. The Rifleman was notoriously vulnerable—but she stayed her hand. She’d be even more vulnerable in a parachute.

“If you get me through this,” she promised the Rifleman. “I’ll help the technicians fix you myself.”

Movement Phase
[n/a]

AeroSpace Movement Phase
[n/a]

Shooting Phase
Hoplite (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (1/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires LB-10X [Cluster] at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 1 cluster = 6): rolled 7, with a cluster roll of 9: 8 submunitions hit Right Leg (17/18 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/16 armor remaining), Left Torso (13/14 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (3/14 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (2/14 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm (8/14 armor remaining (TAC)), Center Torso (0/27 armor remaining), Left Torso (12/14 armor remaining (Crit!))!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - - Automatic upper! Rolled 2: LRM-10 ammo hit!
- - - Automatic upper! Rolled 3: LRM-10 ammo (Smoke) hit!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a combined 110 damage in Left Torso from two ammunition explosions (0/14 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed!
- - - 98 damage transfers to Center Torso (0/20 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! ‘Mech destroyed!
- - - 70 damage vented harmlessly!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 5, no critical hit sustained!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a critical chance in Left Leg: rolled 5, no critical hit sustained!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a through-armor critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 4, no critical hit sustained!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- gains 9 heat, sinks 16!

Rifleman (Player)
- No Line of Sight to Primary Target! Primary target already destroyed!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heat - 2 airborne target = 9): rolled 12, hit Left Arm (0/10 armor, 5/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Unknown Medium LAM suffers a critical chance in Left Arm: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - Automatic upper! Rolled 3: Lower arm actuator damaged! Conversion Gear Disabled!
- - Automatic upper! Rolled 1: Shoulder actuator damaged!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heat - 2 airborne target = 9): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heat - 2 airborne target = 9): rolled 9, with a cluster roll of (5 + 1 = 6): 1 shell hit Left Arm (0/8 structure remaining)! Left arm blown off!
- Fires Ultra AC/5 at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 heat - 2 airborne target = 9): rolled 9, with a cluster roll of (7 + 1 = 8): 2 shells hit Right Arm (5/10 armor remaining), Left Torso (13/18 armor remaining)!
- gains 28 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!
- - Must pass a 4+ shutdown chance!
- - Must pass a 6+ shutdown chance!
- - Must pass a 4+ Ammo Explosion chance!

Ostsol (Player)
- Primary target already destroyed!
- gains 2 heat, sinks 32!

Thunderbolt (Player)
- Fires LRM-15 at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 2 heat + 1 airborne target = 15): automatic miss!
- gains 8 heat, sinks 16! Overheating!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires PPC at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 8): rolled 2, missed!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (0/12 armor, 2/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Unknown Light LAM 1 suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 7, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (0/8 structure remaining)! ‘Mech destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): Rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): Rolled 10, hit Left Arm (3/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): Rolled 5, missed!
- gains 37 heat, sinks 34! Overheating!

Unknown Heavy ‘Mech #2
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 0910!
- Fires AC/5 [Burst] at BattleMaster (3 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 8, with a cluster roll of 5: 1 shell hit Rear Left Torso (3/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at BattleMaster (3 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 5): rolled 5, hit Left Arm (12/24 armor remaining)!
- gains 7 heat, sinks 10!

Unknown Medium LAM
- Fires ER Large Laser at Rifleman (3 gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement = 6): rolled 12, hit Left Leg (8/20 armor remaining)!
- Gains 19 heat, sinks 24!

Unknown Light LAM 1
- Fires Medium Pulse Laser at BattleMaster (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 8, hit Right Arm (0/14 structure remaining)! Right arm blown off!
- - 1 damage transfers to Right Torso (23/28 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser against BattleMaster (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): Rolled 6, hit Head! Guts forces a reroll: Rolled 7, hit Center Torso (25/40 armor remaining)!
- Fires Small Pulse Laser against BattleMaster (3 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 4): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (18/26 armor remaining)!
- Gains 14 heat, sinks 20!

Unknown Light LAM 3
- Fires Medium Laser at Rifleman (4 gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 0 enemy movement = 7): rolled 6, missed!

Marsden CWT #1 (Ally)
- Primary target destroyed!

Marsden CWT #2 (Ally)
- Primary target destroyed!

Heavy Tracked APC #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #3 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Shooting End Phase
BattleMaster (Player)
- Must pass a piloting test (4 piloting + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 7, succeeds!

Melee Phase
[n/a]

Melee End Phase
[n/a]

Heat Phase
Heat applied!

End Phase
Rifleman (Player)
- Must pass a 4+ shutdown test: rolled 5, succeeds!
- Must pass a 6+ shutdown test: rolled 4, fails!
- Must pass a 4+ ammo explosion chance: rolled 5, succeeds!

Next Turn’s Movement Phase
Unknown Medium LAM
- Maintains elevation 1 in hex 2416 for +1 MP
- Maintains elevation 1 in hex 2317 for +1 MP

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective
- Capture the Enemy DropShip (Complete!)
- - Overwhelm DropShip Troop Strength (53/46 Complete!)
- - Turns until the Turncoat is Overwhelmed (Complete!)

Secondary Objective
- Defeat Enemy BattleMech Lance (Complete!)
- Keep All Enemy Mechs Engaged for 3 Turns (Complete):
- - Unknown Heavy ‘Mech 2 Engaged (Failed)

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules
Glacial Exposure: Ejecting pilots suffer 1 automatic pilot damage.

Light Autocannon Tweaks
- Autocannon/5s can fire singly or burst fire two shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Autocannon/2s can fire singly or burst fire three shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Ultra Autocannons don't jam, and receive a +2 bonus on cluster table rolls at short range, +1 at medium range, and +0 at long range.

Small Weapon Tweaks
- Weapons with a range of 3 or less only have a short range bracket.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

No fair! That was my kill!

I'm turning towards the unnumbered LAM, see if I can take it out.

Ardlen
Sep 30, 2005
WoT

Looks like GoonLance killed all four of the 'Mech pilots! :black101:

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Nicely played! Were any of the cockpits taken intact? Or any officer POW's taken? You need folks you can interrogate as well as electronics! Looking forwards to seeing the AAR here. Nicely played Goonlance. At the very least the Clans will call a captured Dropship a nice piece of work.

And you've probably ended the fake SDLF operations in the area.

Two enemy mechs got away but they'll have limited range unless they have another base in the area.

wedgekree fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Feb 25, 2024

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I think both surviving LAMs have their conversion gear disabled, they're going to have trouble fleeing, but I don't think they are fleeing just yet.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Hoplite

Now that's critseeking. Grandpa is living up to that gunnery score.

PTN: Can the Hoplite flip arms? If so, is 1619 in the rear firing arc?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
The hoplite does in fact have flippy arms, and even has more rear facing firepower than forward lol.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

wedgekree posted:

Two enemy mechs got away but they'll have limited range unless they have another base in the area.

Battlemaster
I didn't hear no bell

I'm probably running to 1514 and firing the PPC at the Locust LAM. I'll think some more about it and probably submit orders tomorrow.

Glad I got the guts reroll! It would've been embarrassing to get vaporized by a Light LAM. Lucky for them they got the honor of being vaporized by me.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

AJ_Impy posted:

If so, is 1619 in the rear firing arc?

The rear firing arc starts in the hex behind you and proceeds diagonally backwards toward 1414 and 1316, so both enemy LAMs are in your rear firing arc.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Always a good idea to get it in writing before committing, just in case there's something overlooked.

Orders in. Popping the light before it can punch our hottest mech.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

AJ_Impy posted:

Hoplite

Now that's critseeking. Grandpa is living up to that gunnery score.

PTN: Can the Hoplite flip arms? If so, is 1619 in the rear firing arc?

Oh I wanted 1619 cuz its a straight shot running for me, intending to light up the light LAM.

edit: completely misunderstood, i wanted *1916* never mind me.

vorebane fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Feb 25, 2024

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
We're pouring a lot of fire into the LAMcust: I suggest getting contingency firing orders on the medium just in case.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires PPC at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement + 1 minimum range = 8): rolled 2, missed!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement - 2 pulse laser = 5): rolled 8, hit Center Torso (0/12 armor, 2/8 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Unknown Light LAM 1 suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 7, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): rolled 10, hit Center Torso (0/8 structure remaining)! ‘Mech destroyed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): Rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): Rolled 10, hit Left Arm (3/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 1 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 3 enemy movement = 7): Rolled 5, missed!
- gains 37 heat, sinks 34! Overheating!

Wait--am I dumb or shouldn't the PPC, Large Pulse Laser, and (4xMLas) be 10+10+(3+3+3+3) heat which is 32? Even after adding movement I don't think I should be at +37 heat this past turn. I think the prior turn might actually have the same error, if it is one.

Weirdly I think I anticipated the 37 heat--I remember thinking that I was going to end up 3/5--but I can't think of why.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
PTN Thanks for switching target.

Rifleman

Easy turn for me, just keep stabbing that Restart button.

We might have merked the pilots of the enemy lance but luckily there are still 2 in the stranded LAMs!

Scintilla
Aug 24, 2010

I BEAT HIGHFORT
and all I got was this
jackass monkey

PoptartsNinja posted:

Hoplite (Player)
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (1/16 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods = 9): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires LB-10X [Cluster] at Unknown Heavy Mech 2 (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement + 2 light woods - 1 cluster = 6): rolled 7, with a cluster roll of 9: 8 submunitions hit Right Leg (17/18 armor remaining), Left Torso (0/16 armor remaining), Left Torso (13/14 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (3/14 structure remaining (Crit!)), Left Leg (2/14 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Arm (8/14 armor remaining (TAC)), Center Torso (0/27 armor remaining), Left Torso (12/14 armor remaining (Crit!))!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - - Automatic upper! Rolled 2: LRM-10 ammo hit!
- - - Automatic upper! Rolled 3: LRM-10 ammo (Smoke) hit!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a combined 110 damage in Left Torso from two ammunition explosions (0/14 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed!
- - - 98 damage transfers to Center Torso (0/20 structure remaining)! Torso destroyed! ‘Mech destroyed!
- - - 70 damage vented harmlessly!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a through-armor critical chance in Right Arm: rolled 4, no critical hit sustained!
- - Unknown Heavy Mech 2 suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- gains 9 heat, sinks 16!

Beautiful. This is why you take the LB-10X, folks. With that many pellets flying something important is bound to break.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
LBX-10s are excellent weapons for this reason, since it can serve as a good Punchy weapon that can open holes in targets as well as a good plinking weapon for finding those holes and causing lasting harm.

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Ostsol

Orders in.

Primary target is the big LAM. Secondary is the little LAM.

Mary had a little LAM,
And we exploded it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

propatriamori posted:

Wait--am I dumb or shouldn't the PPC, Large Pulse Laser, and (4xMLas) be 10+10+(3+3+3+3) heat which is 32? Even after adding movement I don't think I should be at +37 heat this past turn. I think the prior turn might actually have the same error, if it is one.

Weirdly I think I anticipated the 37 heat--I remember thinking that I was going to end up 3/5--but I can't think of why.

I may have been giving you heat for the ERPPC this whole time.

Go ahead and assume you're at heat 0 for next turn.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

Battlemaster
With my newfound move powers, I'm running to 1614. If the Locust hasn't already been destroyed, I'll continue shooting at it, because the poor little bugger walked instead of running and is honestly always going to be an easier target than the PHawk LAM. But I'll shoot at the PHawk as a contingency. :gaming:

Hopefully we get positive IDs on these mechs post-mission :D

Orders in!

EDIT: I'm going to paste in my order PM here just in case someone needs to warn me that my contingencies are wrong. It is not currently trust myself season in PPMland

quote:

OK hopefully I do this right.

I want to run to 1614.

Then I twist toward 1615.

If the Light LAM is still alive: fire the PPC, LPlas, and 4x Medium Lasers at it.

If the Light LAM is not still alive: fire the PPC, LPlas, and 4x Medium Lasers at the medium LAM.

If neither are still alive hold fire I guess? Just finger guns with the remaining arm and the stump of the other one? I kind of doubt we'll drop the Medium LAM this turn but it is Battletech

propatriamori fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Feb 25, 2024

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Showdown at High Noon 4-12

“I should’ve asked if I got bonus pay for takin’ an enemy ‘Mech down.” Ravager crowed. She’d pushed her Thunderbolt as hard as she could, and the heat in her cockpit was sweltering. Even the SLDF coolant suit she’d been issued couldn’t compensate nor had two months of Mikal Krantz’s focused attention managed to find and fix all the leaky pressure seals and cockpit insulation; but both made the heat more bearable. They gave her an edge she’d never had before: a willingness to push her ‘Mech to the limit.

“Nice work, Torchy.” She switched off her radio for a moment to give the Thunderbolt’s well-worn armrest a loving pat. The lightest enemy LAM had caught a full salvo of LRMs to the chest and had split neatly in half. She’d been trying to compensate for the Thunderbolt’s poor targeting for most of the battle—but she should’ve trusted Mikal’s work. She wasn’t sure what techno-wizardry the Dimetrodon’s chief technician had managed, but she didn’t have to pull a few degrees to the right to get her LRMs to land on target anymore. “I should put more trust in you. Y’did good.”

Movement Phase
BattleMaster (Player)
- Insufficient MP to face hex 1615: Needs 7, has 6!

AeroSpace Movement Phase
[n/a]

Shooting Phase
Hoplite (Player)
- Reverses arms!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 3 (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 3 (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 3 (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 8): rolled 8, hit Right Torso (1/6 armor remaining)!
- Fires LB-10X [Cluster] at Unknown Light LAM 3 (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 light woods - 1 cluster = 6): rolled 7, hit with a cluster roll of 4: 4 submunitions hit Right Torso (0/6 armor remaining), Center Torso (5/6 structure remaining (Crit!)), Right Leg (0/6 armor remaining), Right Leg (3/4 structure remaining (Crit!))!
- - Unknown Light LAM 3 suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 5, no critical hit sustained!
- - Unknown Light LAM 3 suffers a critical chance in Right Leg: rolled 4, no critical hit sustained!
- gains 11 heat, sinks 16!

Rifleman (Player)
- Shut down!
- gains 0 heat, sinks 20!

Ostsol (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Medium LAM: target out of range!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Medium LAM: target out of range!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM: target out of range!
- gains 28 heat, sinks 32!

Thunderbolt (Player)
- Fires Large Laser at Unknown Light LAM 3 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): Rolled 9, hit Right Arm (0/2 armor, 0/3 structure remaining)! Right arm blown off!
- - 3 Damage transfers to Right Torso: (2/5 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Unknown Light LAM 3 suffers a critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 7, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Light LAM 3 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): rolled 3, missed!
- Fires LRM-15 at Unknown Light LAM 3 (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 1 enemy movement + 1 partial cover = 7): Rolled 9, with a cluster roll of 11: 15 missiles hit Center Torso (0/6 structure remaining (’Mech destroyed!)), Center Torso, Center Torso!
- gains 18 heat, sinks 16! Overheating!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1615!
- Fires PPC at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 12): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 2 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target - 2 pulse laser = 10): rolled 12, hit Right Leg (6/15 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 4 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 14): automatic miss!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 4 range + 2 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 14): automatic miss!
- gains 34 heat, sinks 34!

Unknown Medium LAM
- Fires ER Large Laser at Rifleman’s Rear Center Torso (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 4 immobile target = 1): rolled 7, with a confirmation roll of 8: Hit Rear Center Torso! Guts forces a reroll!
- - With a confirmation roll of 8: hit Rear Center Torso (0/6 armor, 13/20 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Rifleman suffers a critical chance in Center Torso: rolled 6, no critical hit sustained!
- Fires Medium Laser at Rifleman’s Rear Center Torso (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 4 immobile target = 1): Rolled 8, with a confirmation roll of 3: hit Left Leg (3/20 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Rifleman’s Rear Center Torso (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement - 4 immobile target = 1): Rolled 9, with a confirmation roll of 2: hit Right Leg (15/20 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 24!

Unknown Light LAM 3
- Fires Medium Laser at Rifleman’s Rear Center Torso (4 gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 0 enemy movement - 4 immobile target = 1): rolled 6, with a confirmation roll of 7: hit Rear Center Torso! Guts forces a reroll!
- - With a confirmation roll of 5, hit Right Arm (11/16 armor remaining)!
- Gains 4 heat, sinks 20!

Marsden CWT #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Marsden CWT #2 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #3 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Shooting End Phase
Rifleman
- Must pass a piloting test (5 piloting + 1 massive damage = 6): automatic failure!
- - Falls forward in hex 1719 facing hex 1819!
- - Rifleman suffers 6 damage in the fall to Right Torso (15/20 armor remaining), Right Torso (14/20 armor remaining (TAC!))!
- - - Rifleman suffers a through-armor critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - - Automatic upper! Rolled 1, XL Engine hit!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (5 piloting + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 5, failed!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 11, succeeds!

Melee Phase
[n/a]

Melee End Phase
[n/a]

Heat Phase
Heat applied!

End Phase
Rifleman (Player)
- Powers up!

Unknown Medium LAM
- Maintains elevation 1 in hex 2416 for +1 MP
- Maintains elevation 1 in hex 2317 for +1 MP

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective

Secondary Objective

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules

Light Autocannon Tweaks
- Autocannon/5s can fire singly or burst fire two shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Autocannon/2s can fire singly or burst fire three shots as per the Ultra Autocannon rules, with the standard chance to jam.
- Ultra Autocannons don't jam, and receive a +2 bonus on cluster table rolls at short range, +1 at medium range, and +0 at long range.

Small Weapon Tweaks

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Mar 2, 2024

Vanigo
Dec 16, 2021

PoptartsNinja posted:

Shooting End Phase
Rifleman
- Must pass a piloting test (5 piloting + 1 massive damage = 6): automatic failure!
- - Falls forward in hex 1719 facing hex 1819!
- - Rifleman suffers 6 damage in the fall to Right Torso (15/20 armor remaining), Right Torso (14/20 armor remaining ([b]TAC!
))!
- - - [b]Rifleman
suffers a through-armor critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 8, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - - Automatic upper! Rolled 1, XL Engine hit!
- Must pass a piloting test to avoid pilot damage (5 piloting + 1 massive damage = 6): rolled 5, failed!
- Must pass a 5+ consciousness test: rolled 11, succeeds!
Massive damage? I only see 18 damage on the Rifleman from an ERLL and two MLs. Was the Phoenix Hawk LAM supposed to have fired a second ML?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Copy-paste, missed the right leg hit. Sorry everyone!

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Are the Marsdens just hanging out now? Or supporting the drop ship assault or

E: also, very, very good luck for the Rifleman. Guts is fantastic

Volmarias fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Mar 2, 2024

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

Battlemaster

Well, I'm heat-negative firing all my guns, and can walk to 1813 to bring them all into short range with a +1 on the PPC from minimum range. No reason not to.

I'm glad we didn't lose the Rifleman; I was worried this would start looking more like a Pyrrhic victory. Losing Charlie platoon in its entirety still hurts, but this has been a hell of an op, whether we manage to bring down this last LAM (which I think we will, we have a lot of dakka on the field) or it manages to...I don't even know. Flee to a different DropShip? Become a ronin, doing good deeds as it wanders from town to town?

Orders in.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe
Rifleman

Standing up and letting thag LAM have it all.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker
Hoplite

Reversing into the intervening woods and throwing dice at the LAM. Orders in.

propatriamori
Feb 13, 2012

by the by, this mission has shown me an out-of-universe reason for Zell: feeling like you clearly got a kill, instead of getting the last lucky hit on something that got shot 100 times

I don't know if that was the game designers' motivation or anything, but I can at least see a reason I'd play that way sometimes

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Showdown at High Noon 4-13

“Fire! FIRE!”

“Shut the gently caress up, Tiedemann,” Elrika Voss stared down her periscope, fighting the traverse of her ancient Marsden’s turret. It was slow to rotate. Far too slow to track a fast-moving Airmech. She had to predict its movement and pray it didn’t juke.

Elrika waited with baited breath as the ‘Mechs opened fire in unison—trying to tune out the eye-searing pain of lasers and her tank commander shouting uselessly in her ear. Her eyes itched, then started to ache as she stared unblinking into her periscope, waiting for the first sign of the fast-moving Airmech. The moment its nose appeared in the corner of her periscope, she fired.

The heavy, slow-moving armor piercing round caught it from below. She saw a burst of flame, a secondary detonation or maybe even a damaged thruster... and then it vanished from her periscope, disappearing before she could confirm the damage. Tiedemann grabbed her by the shoulder, pulling her away from the gun controls.

“Elrika, when I say fire, I mean—”

Without a moment’s hesitation, Elrika struck Tiedemann in the jaw. His head twisted, his eyes took on that glassy, unconscious look she knew oh so well, and Tiedemann slumped into his command chair without another word. Elrika turned back to the turret controls, trying to line up another shot through the Marsden’s terrible optics.

“And when I say ‘shut the gently caress up, Tiedemann,’” she grumbled more than loud enough for Markus White, the Marsden’s driver, to hear. “I mean it.”

“Nice shot,” the usually calm voice of the SLDF lance commander sounded impressed even over the Marsden’s decrepit radio.

“Hey, Elrika,” Markus called from the driver’s seat. “After this, want to see if the SLDF’s hiring?”

Movement Phase
Rifleman (Player)
- Attempts to stand (5 piloting -2 careful stand = 3): rolled 4, succeeds!
- - Rifleman stands, facing hex 1819!

AeroSpace Movement Phase
[n/a]

Shooting Phase
Hoplite (Player)
- Reverses arms!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 12): rolled 11, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 12): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (2 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 12): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires LB-10X [Cluster] at Unknown Medium LAM (2 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target - 1 cluster = 9): rolled 10, with a cluster roll of 4: 4 submunitions hit Left Leg (14/15 armor remaining), Left Torso (12/18 armor remaining), Right Torso (17/18 armor remaining), Right Arm (4/10 armor remaining)!
- gains 11 heat, sinks 16!

Rifleman (Player)
- Torso-twists to threaten hex 1818!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 airborne target = 9): rolled 4, missed!
- Fires ER Large Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 airborne target = 9): rolled 2, missed!
- Fires Ultra AC-5 [Ultra] at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 airborne target = 9): rolled 10, with a cluster roll of [6 + 1 = 7]: 1 shell hit Left Torso (8/18 armor remaining)!
- Fires Ultra AC-5 [Ultra] at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 airborne target = 9): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 airborne target = 11): rolled 3, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement - 2 airborne target = 11): rolled 6, missed!
- gains 31 heat, sinks 20! Overheating!

Ostsol (Player)
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target - 2 pulse laser = 11): rolled 6, missed!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 gunnery + 4 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target - 2 pulse laser = 11): rolled 11, hit Left Leg (5/15 armor remaining)!
- gains 28 heat, sinks 32!

Thunderbolt (Player)
- Fires Large Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target + 1 heat = 12): rolled 10, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target + 1 heat = 12): rolled 9, missed!
- Fires Machine Gun at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target + 1 heat = 12): rolled 9, missed!
- Fires Machine Gun at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target + 1 heat = 12): rolled 10, missed!
- Fires Machine Gun at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 3 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target + 1 heat = 12): rolled 9, missed!
- gains 18 heat, sinks 16! Overheating!

BattleMaster (Player)
- Fires PPC at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 9): rolled 7, missed!
- Fires Large Pulse Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target - 2 pulse laser = 7): rolled 11, hit Left Torso (0/18 armor, 11/12 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Unknown Medium LAM suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Rolled 3, upper! Rolled 3, Double Heat Sink hit!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 9): rolled 8, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 9): rolled 3, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 9): rolled 8, missed!
- Fires Medium Laser at Unknown Medium LAM (3 Gunnery + 0 range + 1 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 9): rolled 9, hit Left Torso (6/12 structure remaining)! Crit!
- - Unknown Medium LAM suffers a critical chance in Left Torso: rolled 11, 2 critical hits sustained!
- - - Rolled 3, upper! Rolled 6: Jump Jet hit!
- - - Rolled 4, lower! Rolled 1: Jump Jet hit!
- gains 34 heat, sinks 34!

Unknown Medium LAM
- Fires ER Large Laser at Hoplite (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 10, hit Rear Right Torso (0/8 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hoplite (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 7, hit Left Leg (21/26 armor remaining)!
- Fires Medium Laser at Hoplite (3 gunnery + 0 range + 2 movement + 0 enemy movement + 1 light woods = 6): rolled 8, hit Rear Center Torso (4/9 armor remaining)!
- Gains 25 heat, sinks 22! Overheating!

Marsden CWT #1 (Ally)
- Fires Medium Rifle at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 2 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 11): rolled 7, missed!

Marsden CWT #2 (Ally)
- Gains the Sharpshooter SPA!
- Turret twists to threaten hex 1511!
- Fires Medium Rifle at Unknown Medium LAM (4 Gunnery + 0 range + 0 movement + 4 enemy movement + 1 airborne target = 9): rolled 9, hit Right Torso (11/18 armor remaining)! Sharpshooter TAC!
- - Unknown Medium LAM suffers a critical chance in Right Torso: rolled 9, 1 critical hit sustained!
- - - Rolled 1, upper! Rolled 6: Jump Jet destroyed!

- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #1 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

SnowCAT #3 (Ally)
- Holds fire!

Shooting End Phase
Unknown Medium LAM
- Must pass a piloting test (4 piloting + 1 massive damage = 5): rolled 10, succeeds!

Marsden CWT #2
- Suffers a Commander Hit!

Melee Phase
[n/a]

Melee End Phase
[n/a]

Heat Phase
Heat applied!

End Phase

Map Link

Objectives
Primary Objective

Secondary Objective

Player Status:

Ally Status:

OpForce Status:

Special Rules

Light Autocannon Tweaks

Small Weapon Tweaks

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters
This one's determined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'