Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Love that the new thing to be mad about it a graphic that the crew put up after the show went off the air over 6 months ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goblin Queen
Mar 6, 2006

Goblin deez nuts amirite ladies?

He's finally dropping the video criticizing WWE.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

Love that the new thing to be mad about it a graphic that the crew put up after the show went off the air over 6 months ago.

WWE fans will not remain silent while a billionaire forces his employees to do things against their will for his own gratification.

Goblin Queen fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Feb 20, 2024

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

WWE fans can't imagine a world where people have friends and colleagues who want to do nice things for them, so they assume Tony put the graphic up himself.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Like everything else these clowns do it's obviously in bad faith

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

A Fancy Hat posted:

WWE fans can't imagine a world where people have friends and colleagues who want to do nice things for them, so they assume Tony put the graphic up himself.

Tbf if they had done something like this for Vince, it would absolutely 100% have been because Vince told them to do it

That changes nothing about Tony but when you believe everything operates like wwe…

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/KevinNguyen41/status/1760006999998378277

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

Nothing's better than postin' in the morning!

I WAS CHANTING LET'S GO SHEAMUS

haunted bong
Jun 24, 2007

lmao

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
https://twitter.com/MovieMarvin/status/1760014682411106414

Nesting doll of the worst account on X Dot Com (the home of free speech.)

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
I swear Bischoff has a humiliation fetish

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Elephant Ambush posted:

I swear Bischoff has a humiliation fetish

my sources tell me his piss tape is very real and very secured. "Even the Wu Tang Clan couldn't liberate it" was the exact quote I remember.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

MassRafTer posted:

"good on his epic fails"

WELL WELL WELL LOOK WHO'S EPIC FAILING NOW, YOU IDIOT, YOU CLOD

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
getting into the brain of someone who is unironically doing the "haha yea get em boss! what an epic fail!" toady routine to Eric fuckimg bischoff in the year of our lord, 2k24

I found a little doorway, being John Malkovich style, the second it kicked on I started pissing and farting and barfing everywhere, not related to the bischoff thing thats just a side effect of being John malkovoching someone, they didn't go into it in the movie, artistic license

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/wwegareth/status/1760016139340611945?s=46

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
adam cole has literally always looked like a slightly jacked 14 year old lol

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It is true that Adam Cole fuckin' sucks.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

MassRafTer posted:

so what was in this "most embarrassing week" of Dave's career?

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

who is that next to cole

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

adam cole was 6'5" 279 in nxt

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

who is that next to cole

thats mr wardlow

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Lamuella posted:

so what was in this "most embarrassing week" of Dave's career?

The big mistake was that he confused a Triple H/Rock segment from ten years ago as current, which was admittedly pretty drat stupid because it had a massive 2K14 ad in the background.

He also made some smaller mistakes with regards to TNA booking (he said it was Tommy Dreamer solo, as opposed to by a committee that includes Dreamer) and the CMLL/AAA feud (he said CMLL won’t let talent appear on the same show as AAA; the truth is that they can’t wrestle on the same show).

There’s also the fact that his sources on the Rock/Roman/Cody angle are clearly on Team Dwayne, so what he posts in WON is based more on what they tell him.

But, you know, nuance is for losers.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

It wasn't a good week for Dave reporting wise but seeing Eric and all pounce on the twitter poll is funny cause they have an easy lane to bash Dave over but pick the dumbest thing cause they can't read or give actual opinion beyond Dave bad

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://x.com/leslieleeiii/status/1760047842024972794?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I’ve been laughing at this clip all day, because I don’t know why fed fans make this so difficult. Wrestling is literally the easiest storytelling medium in the world. A gimmick can just be a guy saying, I have a new hat and they can have a hundred matches based off of having a new hat. To act like we need months of video packages or anything like that is so silly.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Burying the lede

https://twitter.com/TeaKaGee/status/1760056133354508579

https://twitter.com/TeaKaGee/status/1760058898386497841

I love when Leslie acts like he knows everything and then reveals he is clueless.

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

It's absolutely wild that the same guy who wrote one of my favorite articles ever written about wrestling is now out here promoting a clip of Ice Cube Jr. being extremely wrong about wrestling on the show that did big interviews with Marty Scurll and Velveteen Dream within that last few months. Unbelievably impressive stuff.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

rare Magic card l00k posted:

who is that next to cole

thats a picture of Adam Cole in nxt

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
imagine being one of the hundreds of cloutsharks with handles like "Smark Academy" who spent the last 5 years trying to build a media brand based on being the biggest hater possible and then loving ice cube's son line jumps all of you

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
in NXT Adam Cole was six feet tall and cut like Steiner, and now? smdh . . .

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

MassRafTer posted:

Burying the lede

https://twitter.com/TeaKaGee/status/1760056133354508579

https://twitter.com/TeaKaGee/status/1760058898386497841

I love when Leslie acts like he knows everything and then reveals he is clueless.

i was mutuals with this guy on twitter before i stopped using twitter. he used to be just, clout chasey but normal. i guess the former took over??

lol at ice cube jr. that classic "tell dont show" cinema. just watch the wrestling match dude!! its pretty simple its made for children!! you never seen a wrestler and been into their whole steeze just like, from the moment u saw em? couldnt be me, sorry

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

shiksa posted:

i was mutuals with this guy on twitter before i stopped using twitter. he used to be just, clout chasey but normal. i guess the former took over??

hes a big punk stan I guess because brawl out caused him to pull a phineas gage

little munchkin fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Feb 21, 2024

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Someone told wardlow someone else had better broccoli hair than he did and so he powerbombed them :(

Erin M. Fiasco
Mar 21, 2013

little munchkin posted:

hes a big punk stan I guess because brawl put caused him to pull a phineas gage

It really is leaving me reeling that this is the same guy who wrote The Act Yasukawa Story. Like, I would link all my friends that article. Now he's out here putting over Ice Cube Jr.'s appearance on the pedophile rehab podcast and trying to convince people that Tony left money on the table by not rerunning a match from WWECW 2007.

petitioning ShinigamiEyes to stop his username from being green because everything he tweets causes me more psychic damage than the Wikipedia article for the Catholic Church ever will

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

rotinaj posted:

Someone told wardlow someone else had better broccoli hair than he did and so he powerbombed them :(

that someone? adam cole

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
I also don't even fully understand who either of them are talking about, I can completely believe some rando fan has yelled at someone for NOT BEING A REAL FAN for not knowing who Yugi Nagata or Hechicero or Deonna Purrazzo are.

But that's a completely different thing than "Competent Booking 101" or whatever. I'd never seen Queen Aminata or Hechicero wrestle (or did not remember doing so) before they showed up on AEW TV recently.

Neither 'character' or 'story' really requires a lot of background, the stories were

"Blackpool Combat Club are talking poo poo and some challengers from another country/promotion have answered the challenge, these guys wrestle for CMLL and are great. And now they are having a great series of matches."
and
"Queen Aminata is a newcomer to AEW booked for some matches. She's great."

That's the story. And it seems to have worked (as it has worked in AEW in the past and has worked in other promotions forever), "new wrestlers come in and wrestle good and people get excited to see them wrestle". If they stick around or get big marquee matches, of course fleshing out their character and motivations and history are great, but wrestling does not have to be super complicated and you don't need a deep lore dump for everything, and six weeks of vignettes and people interacting backstage to get people interested.

It's not even a "WWE versus other wrestling" things, there are countless movies, TV series, video games, you name it where a new character is introduced with essentially "check out this new person, they're pretty cool right?" and no one flips their poo poo because there was no preamble to just throwing Boba Fett or Groot or Lalo Salamanca or literally any antagonist or supporting character into a story without really laying down all of the reasons they are there, where they came from, all of the things they've done before. People just accept that new people appear sometimes. It's even weirder in wrestling because like if you're mad that they just listed some accomplishments and called Yuji Nagata a legend of New Japan Wrestling, you can read (and watch) all of that lore by searching the term "Yuji Nagata" on the internet.

I'm not opposed to video packages and honestly would not mind AEW doing some more of those, but the idea that you need a big infodump and weeks of explainers or else you just can't get invested in wrestlers who are already super over and known to AEW viewers having self-proclaimed dream matches against Okada/ZSJ/Nagata/Kojima/Akiyama/etc. etc. etc. is insane, and I feel like in any other medium if nominally professional critics opened up a bunch of reviews with "okay but who is Carol Burnett and why the gently caress am I supposed to care about them guest starring on this show?" or lamenting that not enough backstory was given on an album and its press for them to get excited for the guest features, they'd be immediately dismissed and there would not be lengthy discussion of "well, you know, maybe there should have been some intro tracks to give everyone enough context to appreciate the significance of Andre 3000 doing a guest verse, a lot of casual fans have never heard of Outkast and frankly I'm not sure they ever drew for poo poo in the United States"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

little munchkin posted:

imagine being one of the hundreds of cloutsharks with handles like "Smark Academy" who spent the last 5 years trying to build a media brand based on being the biggest hater possible and then loving ice cube's son line jumps all of you

First he's handed a movie career, now he's king of the fedbrain Twittersphere. Nepo babies are out of control.

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

It's also really loving stupid because anyone who watches the programming already knows what's going on because this is stuff they've explained on the show before. Jun Akiyama's shown up before and wrestled Eddie. He's Eddie's idol and Bryan wants to destroy him to hurt Eddie. This is not hard.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The thing this whole debate misses is that usually if someone asks who a wrestler is with a genuine intent to learn the people familiar with them absolutely cannot wait to gush about that wrestler and list off some of the awesome matches they've had to hopefully make a new fan of that wrestler, but the dorks crying out for video packages approach it with the most irritating "LMAO WHO?" "Another random Japanese guy!" mindset.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ice cube's son is a mark