Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

looks like that appeal didn't go so hot

loving lol that all the toronto brass went up there to say "cmon, the loving kid deserved it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

mennoknight posted:

My beautiful son logan stankoven will be playing with Dallas tonight and I'm proud of him

has that been confirmed? The pre-game interview I saw earlier with DeBoer made it sound like he was a game-time decision based on the status of 2 or 3 forwards who are banged up atm..

I myself can't wait for Stankoven to get his break playing 11 minutes a night with Faksa and Craig Smith and then all the dumbasses in the fanbase will start whining about how he's not doing anything.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Levitate posted:

loving lol that all the toronto brass went up there to say "cmon, the loving kid deserved it!"

yeah my biggest takeaway is that everyone involved in managing that team is a loving moron of the highest degree

"he disrespected the leaf" is not a defense for assaulting someone

like at least pretend it was a heat of the moment thing, don't triple down on "he deserved it and it could have been worse"

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Levitate posted:

There was a rumour before the appeal that Treliving was going to do a press conference about it, gotta believe that would have been an all-timer if all he had was what’s in the doc

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Koopa Kid posted:

There was a rumour before the appeal that Treliving was going to do a press conference about it, gotta believe that would have been an all-timer if all he had was what’s in the doc

If this had happened it would have given this thread material to work with for the next decade. Step aside losing to your own zamboni driver, we got new material.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Koopa Kid posted:

The funniest part of the doc is Bettman going “if he’d just dropped the gloves and punched him instead that would be fine” which… I mean that’s absolutely true but it’s kind of a quiet part out loud thing

That's not even what he said though. People keep bringing that up but what he said in the doc was that Rielly had time to consider his actions and could have confronted Greig "...with a push or a shove or even by dropping his gloves to fight. Had he done so, there likely would have been no need for supplementary discipline.” That's not the same thing as condoning fighting, it's saying that giving a guy a lil shove or challenging them to a fight is much more acceptable than cross checking them in the head. If Rielly had challenged Greig to a fight then maybe they fight, maybe they don't, but at least Greig would've been able to decide for himself.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X
Greig could have decided for himself not to style on a beaten opponent. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

A slapshot ENG gives Toronto more time to try to come back versus a regular, slower shot.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER

Starsfan posted:

has that been confirmed? The pre-game interview I saw earlier with DeBoer made it sound like he was a game-time decision based on the status of 2 or 3 forwards who are banged up atm..

I myself can't wait for Stankoven to get his break playing 11 minutes a night with Faksa and Craig Smith and then all the dumbasses in the fanbase will start whining about how he's not doing anything.

oh I just assumed. I won't watch if he's not playing so there

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

That's not even what he said though. People keep bringing that up but what he said in the doc was that Rielly had time to consider his actions and could have confronted Greig "...with a push or a shove or even by dropping his gloves to fight. Had he done so, there likely would have been no need for supplementary discipline.” That's not the same thing as condoning fighting, it's saying that giving a guy a lil shove or challenging them to a fight is much more acceptable than cross checking them in the head. If Rielly had challenged Greig to a fight then maybe they fight, maybe they don't, but at least Greig would've been able to decide for himself.

Sure, but how many “fights” have we seen where the instigator is the only one doing anything and the NHL goes “yep, good fight”. Like I get you, you’re not wrong, but the reason people are interpreting the comment that way has precedent, Tom Wilson exists.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Furnaceface posted:

If this had happened it would have given this thread material to work with for the next decade. Step aside losing to your own zamboni driver, we got new material.

Burke challenging Lowe to a barn fight would have nothing over 45 minutes of “gently caress that guy, we’d do it again”

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

mennoknight posted:

oh I just assumed. I won't watch if he's not playing so there

https://twitter.com/DallasStarsDDH/status/1760086018974421316

whomp whomp

(oh well, I don't care about missing the game myself tonight now)

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
The next player to get an easy ENG against the Leafs better wind up a huge fake slapper and then just give it a little tappy tap in.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
https://twitter.com/dallasstars/status/1760091971438203202

gently caress!!!!!!

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

deoju posted:

The next player to get an easy ENG against the Leafs better wind up a huge fake slapper and then just give it a little tappy tap in.

The sens leadership and coaches apparently got mad at Greig and told him it was uncalled for, which is a massive lol. So thats unlikely to happen

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

sleep with the vicious posted:

The sens leadership and coaches apparently got mad at Greig and told him it was uncalled for, which is a massive lol. So thats unlikely to happen

The Sens are a team full of obnoxious pests plus Giroux and they really ought to just lean into it completely rather than try to chase this middle ground

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Koopa Kid posted:

The funniest part of the doc is Bettman going “if he’d just dropped the gloves and punched him instead that would be fine” which… I mean that’s absolutely true but it’s kind of a quiet part out loud thing

A fight would be a mutual thing, assuming both parties dropped the gloves. Fighting someone who didn’t want to fight would be the same as skating up and cross-checking them.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

deoju posted:

gently caress that, do something crazy like the Michigan or whatever and get dumb old purists pissed the gently caress off.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

fartknocker posted:

gently caress that, do something crazy like the Michigan or whatever and get dumb old purists pissed the gently caress off.

I want to see someone crouch down and carry the puck straight into the net without stopping like a bowling ball.

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Lay down on the ice and poke it in like shuffleboard, bring it.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
More than anything, I want to see someone score an empty netter by doing the Michigan. If you thought players got made about a slap shot, imagine how loving irate they'd be about that.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
^ I hope someone fucks up the Michigan and doesn't score, that would be iconic too

--

I think Ovechkin's finishing slump is over

https://x.com/Capitals/status/1760127598888157260?s=20

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

I love this style of graphic. Next time I want to see:

ASSIGNED TO THE ECHL'S SOUTH BUMBLETON SNATCHERS

PLACED ON LTIR WITH LOWER BODY HERPES

WAIVED FOR THE PURPOSE OF CONTRACT TERMINATION DUE TO DRUNKEN ASSAULT OF MALL SANTA

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Malpractice that the Devils have accepted this level of dogshit underachievement this season and haven't made a coaching change. It's not a serious franchise until they do something.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Precambrian Video Games posted:

I love this style of graphic. Next time I want to see:

ASSIGNED TO THE ECHL'S SOUTH BUMBLETON SNATCHERS

PLACED ON LTIR WITH LOWER BODY HERPES

WAIVED FOR THE PURPOSE OF CONTRACT TERMINATION DUE TO DRUNKEN ASSAULT OF MALL SANTA

lmao

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

ovi puttin em up again let's go

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Rejoice for the Pittsburgh Penguins are dogshit garbage.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Glad that Ovi is looking respectable again. I want to see him break the record and not hang around until he's 50 trying to do it.

The Dirty Burger
Aug 24, 2007

1st team all star
+
2nd degree manslaughter
=
3rd world clothing line
https://x.com/cf_transactions/status/1759774722189930590?s=46&t=2hVb1vPytx9OUpdE0UPz6Q

Vegas going back to an old classic before the deadline

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
The Devils would have gotten run out of the Stadium Series in the second too if not for Daws, they're first round fodder at best and they've probably dropped too many points at this point because of goaltending/injuries

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Ovechkin will end this season with 854 goals, 40 behind Wayne.

Then he'll score exactly 40 next season to tie.

25/26 game 1 is the day.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

that’s 8 in a row for the Rangers love to see it

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

T-Bone posted:

The Devils would have gotten run out of the Stadium Series in the second too if not for Daws, they're first round fodder at best and they've probably dropped too many points at this point because of goaltending/injuries

Can't use injuries as an excuse. They have their whole team but Dougie and they got run off the rink by a terrible team tonight in a must win game. They have to make a coaching change. Show that you're trying to salvage the season for christ's sake.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Feb 21, 2024

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
The Devils really oughta trade for Markstrom or maybe someone who might be cheaper to acquire, like John Gibson.

Mr. Kite
Aug 28, 2004

SHUT UP AND PLAY HOCKEY
Is the Canucks PDO catching up to them is what I think I'm supposed to say.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

The canucks are back baby

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kuznetsov goes into the player assistance program and the Caps start winning games with lots of Ovi goals.

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Jamwad Hilder posted:

The Devils really oughta trade for Markstrom or maybe someone who might be cheaper to acquire, like John Gibson.

Montreal has a really cheap goalie they can have, pretty sure he even has Cup Pedigree*

*from the bench

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

hmmm yes a coaching change will definitely fix this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
MARKSTROM IS RIGHT THERE