Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

My favorite strain of weed, and the only one I've ever had, is called "weed."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i think the thing with strains is that while they might have some different effects, so do a number of other factors like how much caffeine and/or sugar you've had that day, how recently you've eaten, whether you''re getting good sleep, whether you have depression or are doing ok mentally, whether you have some uncoming stressful situation to think about, etc. etc. there are so many things that are going to affect what "kind of a high" you have and how the weed makes you feel, so while the type or strain might be a contributing factor i dont think a consistent "strain X = feeling Y" kind of system is really possible

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Feb 20, 2024

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
My friendly weed man had a lil sale on some bagged weed so I took him up on it, some brand called Seven Leaves that I never heard of but the baggies looked cool. Anyway, they were packaged in late november/december 2023 and so far everything is dry as heck. Does that seem right? They're all sealed mylar 1/8th bags with the ziploc. The weed is fire but it basically grinds into dust.

https://www.sevenleavesca.com/3-5g-pouch

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
Happens. That’s the situation where you humidify it.

One option is to get a Boveda 65% humidity pack, or an Integra Boost pack, and drop it in the bag for a few days.

Another I’ve had good luck with is to put the weed in an airtight jar, and tape a half q-tip that’s been briefly dipped in water to the underside of the lid, and leave it there for a day.

Edit: or if it doesn’t bother you, just smoke the dry weed.

WithoutTheFezOn fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 20, 2024

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Ah dang I forgot about that, my local headshop sells the bovedas in singles so Ill just go grab a few. Thanks!

It doesn't bother me a whole lot I just didnt think it would get so dry so quickly but who knows how it was stored.

Lowen SoDium
Jun 5, 2003

Highen Fiber
Clapping Larry

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

What are hybrids relative to sativas and indicas? I get that generally sativas do X and indicas do Y, but why get a hybrid then? To get a mix of both in varying percentages?

It will get you high.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Jimbone Tallshanks posted:

I honestly don't know what to believe anymore. Knew a guy who did a course to become a weed sommelier who said the whole "indica/sativa" thing is now considered a myth. I've read stuff where they found significant genetic difference between multiple samples of the same strain.

Usually I just go for high THC and try to stick to sativas because I want my mind to relax, not my body (too much).

i mean

it's obvious from just looking at actual sativas or indicas (before any interbreeding) that they are pretty different genetically

however that doesn't mean that they actually contain such different chemicals as to get a really different high

it comes down to things like the ratio of different cannabinoids (which is also affected by any number of other things when it was chopped, how long it's been cured, etc) and terpenes. and placebo.

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Mozi posted:

i mean

it's obvious from just looking at actual sativas or indicas (before any interbreeding) that they are pretty different genetically

however that doesn't mean that they actually contain such different chemicals as to get a really different high

it comes down to things like the ratio of different cannabinoids (which is also affected by any number of other things when it was chopped, how long it's been cured, etc) and terpenes. and placebo.

I have been growing for 3 years what are these obvious traits that you speak of? Usually you'll see a wide variance between plants of the same cultivar and you just weed out the ones with broad leaves or uneven height, etc.

PS researchers have studied the genome and there's almost no difference.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Big Weed invented "day time weed" and "night time weed" so that you have to buy both :tinfoil:

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
smoke weed every day, imo

TheKub
May 11, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

When I only smoked once in a while the "sativa sunrise. indica in da couch" seemed to have some truth, but now that I smoke every day I can't tell a lick of difference.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

bagmonkey posted:

been on this path and it's the way

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

vape small amounts of weed every day.

The last few days I've been sticking my Dynavap B in a silicon bong. I don't use the "bonger" adapter I have, just shove the regular unit into the downstem. The hits feel like nothing in terms of my very sensitive babby lungs. It's like air with a mild scent. But I guess I'm able to create more air pressure with the bong? Because the herb is much darker when it's done, and I'm very high (for me).

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I use a laser scalpel to split one calyx into 30 slices which I vape one at a time each day

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Hellblazer187 posted:

vape small amounts of weed every day.

The last few days I've been sticking my Dynavap B in a silicon bong. I don't use the "bonger" adapter I have, just shove the regular unit into the downstem. The hits feel like nothing in terms of my very sensitive babby lungs. It's like air with a mild scent. But I guess I'm able to create more air pressure with the bong? Because the herb is much darker when it's done, and I'm very high (for me).

Amen brother

Dynavap and silicone bong is the way

Gaylor Moon
Apr 6, 2005

Gender? I hardly know'er
Herb is still illegal here bcz we live in the 1900's,,, tldr; I used to have a dude, but have recently been resorting to these lil disposable,,, delta 8, thc-p, thc-a bluh bluh carts that claim they're a trippy mix. Any of y'all have experience with similar products? I'd use just grass, but when I swore to myself I'd quit I threw out my glass AND grinder so,,, not much use starting up again until I can afford both lol.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

My place had a sale on so I got 100 50 MG edibles for $100 :canada: shekels

:getin:

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

My place had a sale on so I got 100 50 MG edibles for $100 :canada: shekels

:getin:

That's literally 1/10th what I pay in this legal Midwest state... not counting exchange rates...

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

kuarduck posted:

That's literally 1/10th what I pay in this legal Midwest state... not counting exchange rates...

uhhh what state. i can buy 200mg for about $4 very regularly in michigan, so about $1/50mg. it fuckin owns

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

kuarduck posted:

You pay $100 for 50,000 MG of edibles?
$1 / 500 MG

TheKub
May 11, 2006

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I use a laser scalpel to split one calyx into 30 slices which I vape one at a time each day

Reminds me of that old mouse cartoon. https://media3.giphy.com/media/v1.Y...EM7ni/giphy.gif

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Jelly posted:

$1 / 500 MG

Oh yep I was too high for math.

That's $500 worth.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Jelly posted:

$1 / 500 MG

If Silvergun is paying $100 for 5000 mg, and that's a tenth of what Kuarduck pays, then Kuarduck is paying $1000 for 5000 mg.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Gaylor Moon posted:

Herb is still illegal here bcz we live in the 1900's,,, tldr; I used to have a dude, but have recently been resorting to these lil disposable,,, delta 8, thc-p, thc-a bluh bluh carts that claim they're a trippy mix. Any of y'all have experience with similar products? I'd use just grass, but when I swore to myself I'd quit I threw out my glass AND grinder so,,, not much use starting up again until I can afford both lol.

I have never used any of those products because weed is legal here but I did acquire a cart of N,N-Dimethyltryptamine last week and it initially leaked on the contact so I think that battery is now officially no longer for weed use

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

If Silvergun is paying $100 for 5000 mg, and that's a tenth of what Kuarduck pays, then Kuarduck is paying $1000 for 5000 mg.
gently caress I'm stupid

Jelly fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Feb 21, 2024

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Jelly posted:

gently caress I'm stupid

Some smart dude posted:

Never attribute to stupidity, what you could to the devil's lettuce.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Same for most historical decisions.

If you ever find yourself wondering "why did X historical figure do THAT?" The answer is probably that they were drunk off their tits the entire time. Casual alcohol consumption was way higher pre-modern water treatment/distribution.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

That and stuff like syphilis.

What's a historical thing that probably was the result of getting high?

Maybe Mount Rushmore?

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That and stuff like syphilis.

Maybe Mount Rushmore?

The USA.

Damned if I can find the source but the declaration of independence was preceeded by some absolutely heroic levels of booze consumption.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Carth Dookie posted:

The USA.

Damned if I can find the source but the declaration of independence was preceeded by some absolutely heroic levels of booze consumption.

probably check their notes under hemp and see what plants they culled and if it was really just for rope would be a good start.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

whoever designed the bit of Netherlands/Belgium border at the town Baarle-Hertog was certainly hosed up on something

TheKub
May 11, 2006

Earwicker posted:

whoever designed the bit of Netherlands/Belgium border at the town Baarle-Hertog was certainly hosed up on something

Oops! All Enclaves!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I just checked the time and it was 9:11. Then I remembered 9/11. Sad.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

heading to the netherlands tomorrow, the legal weed is obviously much less of a novelty now that its legal where i live in the us, but still looking forward to some nice lebanese blonde!

also nice that you can buy a joint in a coffeeshop and actually sit there and drink coffee and smoke your joint, instead of all that "no on-site consumption" nonsense like every place in the us

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Feb 24, 2024

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
a weed, a bong, 9/11

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Does anyone enjoy cannabis beverages?

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Code Jockey posted:

a weed, a bong, 9/11

Yeah man, I got high as gently caress that day let me tell you what

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

redshirt posted:

I would if edibles did any loving thing for me but waste my money

e: Science speculates I'm missing some enzyme

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

redshirt posted:

I would if I had some :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

redshirt posted:

my brother got a few when weed got legalized here and he said they were pretty fun