Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1759974647888568441#m
They have so much free time they're trying to destabilize the Baltic states now?

They have been doing that for decades. There was the only riot since new independece like a decvade ago about an occupation memorial being moved from city center to the cemetary and the right wing parties have some surprisinigly supportive things to say about Putin and his attitude. And then they go around trying to bankrupt the country during their stay in power and warm up economic relations with the east while trying to stay away from west, EU and NATO.
There was also the Narva tank saga which ended with an monument tank being towed away to a museom and Russia getting super angry about it and erecting a tank with hookers and blackjack on their side of the border.

Interesting how KGB has gone from stealing nuclear bomb blueprints to organizing keying a car belonging to the wife of a politican.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Budzilla posted:

Another Fullback? I assume Ukraine is setting up Patriot ambushes but the regularity of it all is eyebrow raising.
Dunno if any of the recent ones have been independently confirmed but it does seem like there won't be much of the russian air farce left by the time the F-16s show up.

Bloody Pom posted:

The Swedish aid package to Ukraine reportedly includes 'subsurface weapons'. I know it's going to be something much more mundane, but this made me imagine a loaned Gotland-class crewed by Ukrainian sailors that they've been training in secret :sweden:
One of those digging tanks/APCs from Command and Conquer?

HonorableTB posted:

The Russian helicopter pilot who defected to Ukraine by flying his helicopter over the border in a pre-planned defection was shot to death in a parking garage in the Spanish coastal town of Villajoyosa. A very sad, but extremely unsurprising, outcome to a brave act.
gently caress. I guess we'll make another stern statement at russia for assassinating people in our countries? Maybe convict some random KGB guy in in absentia?

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler

mobby_6kl posted:

gently caress. I guess we'll make another stern statement at russia for assassinating people in our countries?

This could well be someone suddenly having a lot of cash and getting in with the wrong crowd. That half million he got is not nearly enough to be set for life in Spain so you'll have to get that money to make a lot more money.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CeeJee posted:

This could well be someone suddenly having a lot of cash and getting in with the wrong crowd. That half million he got is not nearly enough to be set for life in Spain so you'll have to get that money to make a lot more money.
I suppose it's not impossible, but people don't just get shot in parking lots in Spain. It's not 'Murica :)

wit
Jul 26, 2011
Let's be honest, if a US/UK/German soldier defected and took a helicopter and this happened it would be met with cheers.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

wit posted:

Let's be honest, if a US/UK/German soldier defected and took a helicopter and this happened it would be met with cheers.

I'm sure it's met with cheers in russia. This doesn't mean we have to let FSB assassinate people in Europe.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

mobby_6kl posted:

I suppose it's not impossible, but people don't just get shot in parking lots in Spain. It's not 'Murica :)

I'm leaning towards assassination, but people get shot in parking lots everywhere, especially if they've fallen in with gangs as suggested.

The methods are very different though - no poison and it wasn't made to look like a suicide.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
He allegedly contacted his ex-girlfriend after he moved to Spain under a fake identity, that probably made it a lot easier to find him.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

mobby_6kl posted:

:spain: Murcia

wit
Jul 26, 2011

Disco Pope posted:

I'm leaning towards assassination, but people get shot in parking lots everywhere, especially if they've fallen in with gangs as suggested.

The methods are very different though - no poison and it wasn't made to look like a suicide.

Its a little silly to suggest it was anything other than assassination. I'm sure we could build up some Sammy the bull type scenario in which he was a jerk, went into witness protection of sorts, relocated and proceeded to do all the crimes, but why write that novel?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Disco Pope posted:

I think a dead guy from Ockham would have something to say about all this "IT WAS GANGS MAYBE?!?!?" theorizing.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

haddedam posted:

They have been doing that for decades.

Exactly. This has been their playbook for literal decades. I know it might sound wild from an American perspective (although probably less so these days when we pretty much know there's a couple dozen republican lunatics doing the same over there), but they've been doing this kind of poo poo for ages all over Northern Europe and the Baltics.

The aim isn't to overthrow the governments of these countries or anything, but to sow chaos, divert attention from the poo poo they're doing, and to get people to Just Ask Questions and be useful idiots they can use for other stuff.

CeeJee posted:

I mean... that's not IMPOSSIBLE. But highly public guy who defects from the Russian military with valuable hardware and makes putin look bad mysteriously getting assassinated a few months later? Come on.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 12:35 on Feb 21, 2024

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Exactly. This has been their playbook for literal decades. I know it might sound wild from an American perspective (although probably less so these days when we pretty much know there's a couple dozen republican lunatics doing the same over there)

I wonder why...

RDM
Apr 6, 2009

I LOVE FINLAND AND ESPECIALLY FINLAND'S MILITARY ALLIANCES, GOOGLE FINLAND WORLD WAR 2 FOR MORE INFORMATION SLAVA UKRANI
Is there any proof he didn't riddle himself with bullets

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

RDM posted:

Maybe he was born with them!
Maybe it's Maybelline.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Seriouspost: What really happened was that he was really hungry but only had bullets. He was also suffering from PTSD so he had forgotten how to eat, so he tried to manually push the food (i.e. bullets) into his body. He did this several times until he died, of hunger. /thread

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

So is Murz really dead or is it just Twitter rumors?

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Maybe he was born with them!
Maybe it's Mayblyat.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
The point is though that Russia is down one helicopter so we still have that going for us

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Tigey posted:

He wrote out a fairly detailed suicide note on his telegram channel. Not reposting it here for obvious reasons.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zone posted:

He wrote out a fairly detailed suicide note on his telegram channel. Not reposting it here for obvious reasons.

Whoa really? Could you tl;dr at least?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

Tigey posted:

Well, he announced his suicide beforehand. He probably knew he would follow Girkin's fate (or likely worse, Gerkin was once an officer in the FSB, Murz was just some random Nazi/LPR separatist)

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

RDM posted:

I mean, is it possible he fell out of a window onto the bullets?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

mobby_6kl posted:

Whoa really? Could you tl;dr at least?

A lot of it was just really eviscerating command staff and generals for their poor and sometimes downright pathetic performance, some weird poo poo about Bushido and taking revenge by breaking into someone else's house, and some instructions on what to do with his stuff and possessions after he died, mostly involving donating it to the Russian war effort.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

zone posted:

A lot of it was just really eviscerating command staff and generals for their poor and sometimes downright pathetic performance, some weird poo poo about Bushido and taking revenge by breaking into someone else's house, and some instructions on what to do with his stuff and possessions after he died, mostly involving donating it to the Russian war effort.

so his poo poo will end up at some flea market 20 years from now then because it got sold as part of bulk order to make a new hot tub for some officer.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
His KGB case officer has likely repurposed his podcasting gear for VK marketplace already

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I’m Murzo I keep the place clean while the master is away. It is the will of Manos

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Alan Smithee posted:

I’m Murzo I keep the place clean while the master is away. It is the will of Manos

"The master would not approve of all these fighter jet being shot down, no he would not approve!
Also, can I ogle your wife?"

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Wait isn't that Sadgoon of Akkad?

E: no wait I mean the "PUA" wassname.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

Alan Smithee posted:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

And now for something depressing https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1759985971095818512?s=46&t=lbKxPpxJyMeDN0i-nFAg4A

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

CommieGIR posted:

"The master would not approve of all these fighter jet being shot down, no he would not approve!

Lmao

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Alan Smithee posted:

CommieGIR posted:

You FUCKERS now I'm going to have "Torgo's theme" doing earworm things all day.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Do you think Prig made it into Second Banana Heaven?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

:hmmyes:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

You mean the Haunting Torgo's Theme.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

CommieGIR posted:

Do you think Prig made it into Second Banana Heaven?

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
If you live in Russia don't post on VK that putin killed navalny or SOBR spetznaz units of the national guard will break down your door and arrest you in your underwear for illegal posting

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006
LMAO what the actual gently caress?? I just discovered this hilariously stupid thing that Germany produced in WW2

It's the VsKfz 617 Minenraumer, and well, :lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haddedam
Feb 19, 2024

by Fluffdaddy

HonorableTB posted:

LMAO what the actual gently caress?? I just discovered this hilariously stupid thing that Germany produced in WW2

It's the VsKfz 617 Minenraumer, and well, :lmao:

They were insanely ahead of their time. The one mowing my lawn right now looks the same underneath its Husqwarna plastic cover.