Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Barret
Red XIII
Yuffie
Cait Sith
Vincent
Cid
View Results

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013

grieving for Gandalf posted:

can you explain more about her being weirdly horny for all types of poo poo across the spectrum

There's the moment where she's literally panting while watching Cloud get dolled up at the Honey Bee Inn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

DanielCross posted:

There's the moment where she's literally panting while watching Cloud get dolled up at the Honey Bee Inn

See: the previous thread’s title

The game is definitely horny and it’s really funny. The only way it could have been better would be sticking Cloud in a hot tub full of muscly, naked men.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Ok just made it to Costa del Sol, not sure im gonna make it by the release!!

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

queeb posted:

Ok just made it to Costa del Sol, not sure im gonna make it by the release!!

You’re probably like 25% done with the game! Just quit your job and play 24/7!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!

ImpAtom posted:

Also I stand by my theory:

+

=

I am now subscribed to this theory lmao

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ImpAtom posted:

Also I stand by my theory:

+

=

Roche better show up in the Gold Saucer bike minigame(if that’s still in)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Completed the Yuffie DLC: Sonon died as he lived: like a chump

Now trying to rush through Crisis Core. Is there a list of missions with unlocks (I think the game outright tells you which missions unlock summons at least)? I have the item material fusion and the third accessory slot.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Eyyy I did not notice that the second part of the demo is out at noon gmt (about 2 hours from now). Gonna be a busy day.

Are we talking about demo stuff in here or the spoilers thread?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Me a couple hours from now, playing the FF7 Rebirth demo: drat I could be playing Balatro

Me a couple hours from now, playing Balatro: drat I could be playing the FF7 Rebirth demo

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Shoehead posted:

Eyyy I did not notice that the second part of the demo is out at noon gmt (about 2 hours from now). Gonna be a busy day.

Are we talking about demo stuff in here or the spoilers thread?
Spoiler thread contains spoilers from the full game due to leaks, it is not a place to visit unless you want to see that

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Terper posted:

Spoiler thread contains spoilers from the full game due to leaks, it is not a place to visit unless you want to see that

That's why I was asking here, I don't want to risk even a small glance in that direction if I don't have to.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Unlucky7 posted:

Completed the Yuffie DLC: Sonon died as he lived: like a chump

Now trying to rush through Crisis Core. Is there a list of missions with unlocks (I think the game outright tells you which missions unlock summons at least)? I have the item material fusion and the third accessory slot.

Mail in "useful tips" should have the info on exact missions that unlock particular content. Only ones you might have to look up are the accessory slots and how you get the magic pot dmw.

If you're looking to blitz the game, though, you don't need to do a whole lot to become overpowered for the story path.

While I'm at it having finished CC recently I feel like the ending is the only good part of the story and I just forgot how the rest of it is kinda meh

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Demo update is out

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Performance mode looks.... worse somehow. I thought they were gonna give it a sharpening filter or update the resolution or whatever, but it's even blurrier than it was before. I feel like they made a mistake or launched the wrong in-house development version of the game or something.

edit: oof, I saw this on another site. If viewed at full screen, you can literally count the pixels in some areas, especially Cloud's face

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Feb 21, 2024

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Game is updated but I'll load it up in a bit.

The review embargo is up in just over 24 hours and then it's time to start being extremely cautious about spoilers cause I'm sure one of the idiot reviewers will say way too much.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Oh nooo chadley programmed a sister

Mad Hamish
Jun 15, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

See: the previous thread’s title

The game is definitely horny and it’s really funny. The only way it could have been better would be sticking Cloud in a hot tub full of muscly, naked men.

I'm still kind of annoyed that they cut the gay orgy out but added Chadley and 500% more Johnny.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I don't think they fixed the flying enemies issue. Tifa was happy to just endlessly do ground combos while the enemy was flying above her.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Think I’ll not play this open world section, I’d rather do it in the full game rather than have to go through any of it again.

But yeah the performance mode still looks bad even with this update that supposedly fixed it.

ZeeBoi fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Feb 21, 2024

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Just putting it out there that it's not very long of a demo. I don't think you're gonna take ages catching up in it

E: Finished it but I'll pop back into it to figure out some battle stuff.
Some thing I don't like
- Crafting is whatever but the overworld movement make picking up stuff finicky, just have materials pick up on proximity.
- There is a ladder that produces the strongest ghosting I've seen in a game and only for that ladder.
- If I want to retry a battle just start it up, you don't need to move me away from the area and start playing the audio log.
- Flying enemies don't feel great to fight if you're playing Red or Tifa.

D.Fuzzbot fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Feb 21, 2024

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

MAI will become a very annoying part of the game

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

oh no

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Just putting it out there that it's not very long of a demo. I don't think you're gonna take ages catching up in it

E: Finished it but I'll pop back into it to figure out some battle stuff.
Some thing I don't like
- Crafting is whatever but the overworld movement make picking up stuff finicky, just have materials pick up on proximity.
- There is a ladder that produces the strongest ghosting I've seen in a game and only for that ladder.
- If I want to retry a battle just start it up, you don't need to move me away from the area and start playing the audio log.
- Flying enemies don't feel great to fight if you're playing Red or Tifa.

For Tifa you want to use Synergy Skills. Cloud can throw her up and from there she can air combo forever

ZeeBoi posted:

MAI will become a very annoying part of the game

MAI owns

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
I love that Chadley is treating MAI like a little sister he doesn't like

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
I would die for MAI. If she asked, I would kill Chadley for MAI.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Took a couple comparison screenshots. The difference is extremely obvious when you compare them side by side as there's some kind of blurring/smearing going on in performance mode.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Playing through again and it's still wild how much they made me like Yuffie. Just this perfect blend of super in over her head and faking it till she makes it but also with a core of competency?

Although whenever she eats one of those jawbreakers my teeth hurt.

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

ImpAtom posted:

For Tifa you want to use Synergy Skills. Cloud can throw her up and from there she can air combo forever

MAI owns

Thanks that's a lot better. After playing a but with Red he's not gonna be doing ariel combat on command but using counter and sentinel stance on flyers.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

D.Fuzzbot posted:

Thanks that's a lot better. After playing a but with Red he's not gonna be doing ariel combat on command but using counter and sentinel stance on flyers.

Yeah, Red's big gimmick is that he's a tank. You want to be just-defending or tanking attacks with him, though Stardust Ray will absolutely gently caress up a flyer's (and everything around the flyer's) day. Some magic materia can also get results since he builds ATB really fast and magic don't care if you're flying.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Feb 21, 2024

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

They added some content to the FFVIIR crossover event in Ever Crisis and it now contains a bunch of cutscenes from Rebirth that haven’t been shown yet which was a weird choice. Most notably a scene with the Midgar Zolom and in the Mythril Mine with Elena and Rude. I don’t have the sound on so I’m not sure if they had voice acting but I’m just confused as to why they would include content that isn’t even in the demo.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Reno isn't in this one much, right? His Japanese voice actor passed away and they didn't want to recast right away out of respect?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caidin posted:

Reno isn't in this one much, right? His Japanese voice actor passed away and they didn't want to recast right away out of respect?

He shows up in one of the trailers.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

He shows up in one of the trailers.

Ah, good. Just checking. I remembered hearing that and was worried since he was one of my favorite bits in part 1.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Caidin posted:

Ah, good. Just checking. I remembered hearing that and was worried since he was one of my favorite bits in part 1.

Yeah, they mentioned that he finished all his voice recording for Rebirth before his death.

Fabulous Knight
Nov 11, 2011
Okay, so I didn't play the first demo, but I have both of them downloaded now. I presume I have to play the earlier demo first and then the one that came out today will show up in the main menu?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fabulous Knight posted:

Okay, so I didn't play the first demo, but I have both of them downloaded now. I presume I have to play the earlier demo first and then the one that came out today will show up in the main menu?

No, they're both there

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
Yeah did the boss a second time with cloud aerith and barret and it went ten times smoother.

Also lol at synergy and comet just being a good general damage bonus

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Is Counter Stance or something similar available from the get-go this time?

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023

Sapozhnik posted:

Is Counter Stance or something similar available from the get-go this time?

Cloud didn't have it in the demo. Red now has a sorta similar, weaker ability called Vengeance Stance as well as the ability to counter attack right after blocking.

Bonus info: Red's area attack lets you move while he spins and he moves pretty drat fast during it. When in Vengance mode it does additional slashes after

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Review embargo lifts tomorrow. Wonder if any of the reviews mention the graphical issues.