Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

oh dear god

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

That looks insanely bad.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
cate blanchett can not be that hard up for money

surely

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Eau de MacGowan posted:

surely

Seems to be a trend with current older actors. She's already earned all the accolades, starred in everything from small intimate movies to big blockbusters. She's getting older and probably just wants to have some fun, eat some craft services, and get an easy paycheck.

No ones ever turned down more money because they weren't hard up for money.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Seems to be a trend with current older actors. She's already earned all the accolades, starred in everything from small intimate movies to big blockbusters. She's getting older and probably just wants to have some fun, eat some craft services, and get an easy paycheck.

No ones ever turned down more money because they weren't hard up for money.

I remember seeing a quote from some distinguished actor about a lovely movie that he took a role in, along the lines of "I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen the new wing of my house that it paid for".

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Wingnut Ninja posted:

I remember seeing a quote from some distinguished actor about a lovely movie that he took a role in, along the lines of "I haven't seen the movie, but I have seen the new wing of my house that it paid for".

Michael Caine on Jaws the Revenge:
"I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

Also Laurence Olivier on Incon:
"People ask me why I’m playing in this picture. The answer is simple. Money, dear boy."

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
edit: beaten with a Caine

JGdmn fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 21, 2024

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

extra curse if you try to read the bottom credits

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

DemihumanResources posted:

extra curse if you try to read the bottom credits

I can't because of the colors, too hard to differentiate the text from the background. Unless that was the point.

Mushika
Dec 22, 2010

Thesaurus posted:

I looked for more info, and the original image from 1919 is even more disturbing

There's also a lot of "slicey the pig" merchandise?

Edit:
This is one I drive past

I know this is a couple of pages back, but this reminded me of

which is a really good book.

Mushika fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Feb 21, 2024

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Mushika posted:

Can you summarize it?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Scratch Monkey posted:

Can you summarize it?

Eating meat is a lot like having sex.

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already

Grey Cat posted:

I can't because of the colors, too hard to differentiate the text from the background. Unless that was the point.

:thejoke:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Paladinus posted:

Eating meat is a lot like having sex.

Something I'm legally prohibited from doing in the Walmart bathrooms?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Look I'm colorblind I'm not gonna get the color joke.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Captain Hygiene posted:

Something I'm legally prohibited from doing in the Walmart bathrooms?

But morally encouraged

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU_NKNZljoQ

Montague Tigg
Mar 23, 2008

Previously, on "Ronnie Likes Data":
welp that looks loving terrible

maybe I should turn on my monitor

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Mushika posted:

where on the menu is carmen sandiego?

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
https://youtu.be/qcYKjH2ZQYg?si=Uk2fDGRAx-vDPR1b

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Montague Tigg posted:

welp that looks loving terrible

maybe I should turn on my monitor

"Keep looking at me" did elicit a Sensible Chuckle, I'm ashamed to say.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I wonder how much input Randy Pitchford had on it

IshmaelZarkov
Jun 20, 2013

All I care about with the Borderlands movie is who they've got in as the fight choreographer. If the action sequences are good, and the cast is good, the movie might be fun enough to justify the rest of it.

But it won't have good fight choreography, will it?

It's gonna be trash.

Okay, I'ma go play Borderlands 2 again.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Making a borderlands movie focused on the characters and “jokes” would be like making a witcher movie focused on the fifty treasures in skellige

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

IshmaelZarkov posted:

All I care about with the Borderlands movie is who they've got in as the fight choreographer. If the action sequences are good, and the cast is good, the movie might be fun enough to justify the rest of it.

It's gonna be trash.

It's gonna have the same fight direction as the Doom movie.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

I eat rump

bossy lady
Jul 9, 1983

Chrpno posted:

I eat rump

:same:

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Chrpno posted:

I eat rump

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Chrpno posted:

I eat rump

Dernal trmp?

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?

I never understood why they go to all the trouble to get to the top of a highly defensible tower, to then station someone on watch 100m away from it, on the ground, in a small gazebo, after meeting a crazed monster alligator already.

Also how the automatic gun fire at 5 feet fail to hit or cause enough damage to a bear. Did it have extra hit points like it was running on video game logic.

I will give the Borderlands movie a pass on this.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Comstar posted:

I never understood why they go to all the trouble to get to the top of a highly defensible tower, to then station someone on watch 100m away from it, on the ground, in a small gazebo, after meeting a crazed monster alligator already.

Also how the automatic gun fire at 5 feet fail to hit or cause enough damage to a bear. Did it have extra hit points like it was running on video game logic.

I will give the Borderlands movie a pass on this.

It wasn't a regular bear, hth.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I don't begrudge any actor for taking a lovely role because, at the end of the day, it's a job and we've all had lovely jobs before.

Difference is as I see it, I've never had a lovely job that required a few days work and tossed me a couple million dollars.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Comstar posted:

They were inside a bubble where reality was unravelling. The disorientation and lack of consistency or logic from the characters or the world is part of the story. They didn't really know what they were doing.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
John Woo should direct Borderlands. I mean, aren't the games based on his movies already?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Eau de MacGowan posted:

surely

She's worked with Eli Roth before so that probably helped convince her (and then they did a bunch of reshoots without Roth so that was probably awkward.)

Lt. Cock
May 28, 2005

INCOMING!
Borderlands 3 was such a miserable sequel to a great game that of course the next step was to make a movie I might sit through once and never ever think about again for the rest of my god given life.

Rebel Blob
Mar 1, 2008

Extinction for our time

IshmaelZarkov posted:

It's gonna be trash.

It's not going to have the best fight scene in the entire series, so why even bother?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26y9H2ZLf0w

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Waltzing Along posted:

John Woo should direct Borderlands.

You surely meant to say "Tommy Wiseau", correct?