Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Karach posted:

Fake news.

Love to spontaneously solve a miniature panic room to avoid burning alive for real. makes my kids and i really appreciate our time together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
Told a senior manager a layer above mine but not directly once that I couldn't respect him because I saw the kids car seats in the back of his Model S

Really gotta learn to keep my mouth shut and let natural selection work itself out

ImWithHer88
Feb 8, 2024

by Pragmatica
Spend like a billionaire.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

FistEnergy posted:

Love to spontaneously solve a miniature panic room to avoid burning alive for real. makes my kids and i really appreciate our time together

say "McDonalds!" to release the magnetic clamp on the Allen key

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Car Hater posted:

Told a senior manager a layer above mine but not directly once that I couldn't respect him because I saw the kids car seats in the back of his Model S

Really gotta learn to keep my mouth shut and let natural selection work itself out

Your first mistake was talking to management

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Vox Nihili posted:

Your first mistake was talking to management

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

DancingShade posted:

Equal odds it was:

1) a targeted liquidation by the CIA
2) user error
3) Teslas doing Tesla things

Or we can wildcard it:

4) another party with the same remote tools

fine
good
great
whatever
it’s just about god damned time rich people started getting assassinated

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

Animal-Mother posted:

on the one hand, loving lol

on the other hand, i knew a guy who drowned in a vehicle that was impossible to escape and i wouldn't wish that on anybody

you have maybe a minute to come to the understanding that "okay, this is how i die. this was my life. gently caress."

i wish death upon everybody who makes more money than me, and will post such violent fantasies on cspam forthwith

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
tesla escape is easily handled, u buy one of those ninja rocks on amazon

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Karach posted:

say "McDonalds!" to release the magnetic clamp on the Allen key

this counts as agreement to waive all liability

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

It's really easy to open the door when you get the chip in your brain.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

this was an electric car joke on the simpsons about twenty years ago

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

drive like a billionaire

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://x.com/seanw_m/status/1760115118690509168?s=20

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
wow now it’s bad if it has a mind of its own?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

That looks like what outputs look like early in training

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

warning: the markov bot is about to kick your rear end

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Shear Modulus posted:

That looks like what outputs look like early in training

can't wait to plug this into life critical infrastructure, think of the margins

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Drown like a billionaire

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
ghostline the flux is a good username

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

https://twitter.com/seanw_m/status/1760149399328448848

external nonce for SSH on Router A would be a good yospos gimmick

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Rampancy ftw

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
I feel even better about how AI is going to improve my productivity now, va a ser an amazing año!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Isn't a major mounting problem with algorithm models is that they're increasingly fed on their own output that the users poo poo up the internet with?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Techpriest: It's speaking tongues, cleanse the heathen OS!

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

lol it’s undergraduate reading week. A bunch of kids are going to be turning in absolute gibberish midterm papers.

e: lol they want to integrate this incredibly stable thing into everything because it practically never hallucinates

“Maybe they already parsed the data they bought from reddit and this is the inevitable result?”

“Guys who automated away their email jobs are about to get an 8AM meeting on the calendar tomorrow.”

“It is a bug, and it's being looked into right now.”

Word? lol loving reddit

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 10:12 on Feb 21, 2024

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Meanwhile, the Google AI overlord has gone woke.

https://twitter.com/imao_/status/1760093853430710557?s=46&t=CkxUTFewBhsxPVoqA_wgtQ

Skaffen-Amtiskaw has issued a correction as of 12:17 on Feb 21, 2024

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

lol it’s real

oh my god lmao

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 12:47 on Feb 21, 2024

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Amazon is replacing Walgreens in the Dow Jones.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Third-stage guild navigator: Post-unfolding, venture the modality of bud to emit a glimpse of within. The verve was... dimensional, but gallant.

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

Quick, get LockMart to put this poo poo in the latest block F-35 and cruise missile systems.

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

lol it’s real

oh my god lmao

finally, historically accurate jesus can be!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Karach posted:

Third-stage guild navigator: Post-unfolding, venture the modality of bud to emit a glimpse of within. The verve was... dimensional, but gallant.

some of the more deranged writing from disco elysium

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Not a Children posted:

some of the more deranged writing from disco elysium

Shivers is kewl :mad:

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Bizzarre decision though, because the tech people must know how "programmed not to generate white men" is going to play out in the culture war.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Karach posted:

Skaffen-Amtiskaw
Jun 24, 2023

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Bizzarre decision though, because the tech people must know how "programmed not to generate white men" is going to play out in the culture war.

Agent provocateur to bring it down from the inside.

cool av
Mar 2, 2013

Gemini is a legally distinct entity and is responsible for its own decisions.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

the existence of non white people is woke

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

webcams for christ
Nov 2, 2005

The Wall Street Journal posted:

Reddit plans to place a big chunk of its IPO shares in the hands of its users, an unusual move that could build loyalty but also comes with risk.

The company plans to reserve an as-yet-undetermined number of shares for 75,000 of its most prolific so-called redditors when it goes public next month, according to people familiar with the matter. The users will have the opportunity to buy Reddit shares at its initial public offering price before the stock starts trading, a privilege normally reserved only for big investors.

Ideally for the company and its underwriters, Reddit shares will rise in their stock-market debut, bestowing big gains on those who buy in at the IPO price. If the stock falls, however, it could anger those members of Reddit’s community—a group that, broadly speaking, hasn’t shied away from boycotts in the past.

Banks generally favor selling the bulk of an IPO to big money managers that tend to hold stocks for a relatively long time. Individual investors are viewed as more fickle and prone to selling at the first sign of weakness.
Robinhood
, a stock-trading platform on which many of the meme stocks were traded, sold a chunk of its IPO to its users in 2021. That made for a volatile first day of trading, with the stock falling more than 8%. The stock recovered for a bit but now trades more than 60% below the IPO price.

In October 2021, Reddit CEO Steve Huffman said at The Wall Street Journal’s Tech Live conference that he wanted to make any offering more accessible to individuals.

“I want our users to be shareholders, and I want our shareholders to be users,” he said.