Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

SilvergunSuperman posted:

2020 was ridiculously close considering the previous 4 years, lol.

It's rad that nearly half of Americans are dumber than whale poo poo, insanely racist/misogynistic or a fun combination.

Agreed but now we are 4 years after his loss, January 6th and 90 something indictments. None of this time he has tried to claw back people he actually needs. He has just been screaming either the greatest hits, crimes or scary insane poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

Agreed but now we are 4 years after his loss, January 6th and 90 something indictments. None of this time he has tried to claw back people he actually needs. He has just been screaming either the greatest hits, crimes or scary insane poo poo.

Right? What voter did he not get in 2020 will he now get in 2024? What contested state is now more favorable to him than in 2020?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

dr_rat posted:

Republicans are very good are pretending poo poo never happened. Just look at bush. MAGA basically disappearing after an embarrassing defeat that none of them want to talk about wouldn't be the strangest thing in the world. They'd still be far right conspiraciest, just you know trump wouldn't be mentioned as part of it.

A big part of MAGA is based off trump being seen as strong and successful. A bad loose and the right wing media will move on, with him as yesterdays news, and the MAGA folk will attach to someone else. I'd say month rather than years. No one uses truth social, most of it's through fox news and news max and all that. Once they move on MAGA will, as that's where the all get there news from.

It's going to be delicious when this happens and MAGA becomes a slur. They'll try their damnedest to say they never heard of this Trump guy but we can be all "ok MAGA" over and over until they run away weeping

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

redshirt posted:

Indeed, far closer than you'd think. But, Trump was the incumbent and was certainly using as much of the government as his cronies could figure out to support his re-election. He doesn't have that now, the country is in a far better place, battleground states are in a far stronger place for Dems, fundraising, Trump's crimes, etc.....

It will be closer than it should, but I'd expect much less close than 2020.

Also the US economy is generally very good, especially in the ways the GOP care about. There are obvious issues with things like housing prices and related issues, but nothing that trump would think to bring up. So trumps going to hard time attack biden on economy so all he really has is immigration. With the republican congress at war with itself and pretty much collapsing even that's not going to hit that strong.

Also republican congress not being able to sort itself out is is another issues that's going to take away from trump. The gop is very publicly not coming off as that functional of a party at the moment, and i doubt there going to be able to pull themselves together at all in the next couple of month.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Data Graham posted:

It's going to be delicious when this happens and MAGA becomes a slur. They'll try their damnedest to say they never heard of this Trump guy but we can be all "ok MAGA" over and over until they run away weeping

We should all take guidance from that one poster's cool trans boss who spent all of the most recent Jan 6th anniversary harassing her chud employee to the verge of tears

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
I wonder if trump will ever get a US Navy boat named after him.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

redshirt posted:

Right? What voter did he not get in 2020 will he now get in 2024? What contested state is now more favorable to him than in 2020?

Michigan but that’s probably it. Georgia will depend on turnout.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
So last night it seemed the conversation resolved around Megadeth, Dave Grohl and when a kid is turning 18 so we can make fun of them with one person apparently counting down the days until it happens

Nite krew really solidifying your reputation

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

Michigan but that’s probably it. Georgia will depend on turnout.

Michigan? The state that is undergoing a democratic resurgence? Where they just passed a law getting rid of "right to work" requirements allowing Unions an equal footing again?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

redshirt posted:

Michigan? The state that is undergoing a democratic resurgence? Where they just passed a law getting rid of "right to work" requirements allowing Unions an equal footing again?

I think a lot of people think I/P will swing it but from reading various articles, I am not so sure of that.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Data Graham posted:

I'm going start doing this now when being a dick to idiots off forum

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I think a lot of people think I/P will swing it but from reading various articles, I am not so sure of that.

I don't buy it for a second. Oh, Biden sucks on Palestine, let's vote for the Monster who will be far worse!

That's some real motivation right there.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

redshirt posted:

I don't buy it for a second. Oh, Biden sucks on Palestine, let's vote for the Monster who will be far worse!

It's more the "I'm not going to vote" to be worried about

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

redshirt posted:

There were voters who wouldn't vote for Sanders if he got the nod because he wasn't left wing enough. Nothing shocks me.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

lol only so many boomer retirement funds out there I guess

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Tai posted:

Richard Nixon was a Commander in the Navy in WWII (he did office jobs and didn't see any combat) and the Navy still hasn't named any ships after him

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

redshirt posted:

yeah basicaly. while i think their is alot of quiet broad "yeah israel shouldnt be doing this loving horror show" consensus, i think alot of the um rhetoric and positioning of some of the groups and such has scared alot of people off being open about it. I think there is a stay at home group but espcially in communities directly effected, but i have seen alot of people acting like this is the "he will lose by millions" and thats not true at all.

Tai posted:

There were voters who wouldn't vote for Sanders if he got the nod because he wasn't left wing enough. Nothing shocks me.

i mean sure, i dont disagree, but i dont really blame people directly effected by it for feeling the way they do. do i think there are some bad faith assholes who latch on, sure, plenty but i dont think its a fully fair comparison, unless you mean strictly twitter types and such.

Dapper_Swindler fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Feb 21, 2024

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

redshirt posted:

Lol you should check the D&D CE thread. "Biden is bad, and since Trump isn't in power right now, we can't use his past behavior and explicit statements to determine what he might do! Therefore Trump the Dove is better than Genocide Joe."
(To be fair I think it's a minority position but it kept coming up until the I/P stuff started getting probated)

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

Tai posted:

At the rate he’s sinking they should just rename the Titanic to “Trump”

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Alan Smithee posted:

You can have my isolation
You can have the hate that it brings
You can have my absence of faith
You can have my everything
you tear down my reason
(Help me) it's your

lol

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Failed Imagineer posted:

We should all take guidance from that one poster's cool trans boss who spent all of the most recent Jan 6th anniversary harassing her chud employee to the verge of tears

Link?

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1760132906985443454

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Idk search doesn't work for me - I just remember the phrase "upsetti spaghetti" lol

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

:catdrugs:

Oh my god it's literally sawdust lmaoooooo.
It's sitting on a jigsaw or whatever and everything.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
The only thing Trump did right as POTUS was discharge his doodies

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Holy poo poo, lol. Maybe be he should have asked Tucker, the well known woodworker.

E:

Grey Cat posted:

It's a table saw.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

The only thing Trump did right as POTUS was discharge his doodies

WIth only about a 50% success rate of getting them into the toilet, mind you.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBJ_PwpoIvs

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Grey Cat posted:

You don't like to do rails of pale brownish coke off your Black&Decker workbench? It might not be OSHA but I got my new deck built in an afternoon

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

What's scary is how many woodworking chuds will now say those lines, on top of a table saw, in the midst of a construction zone, is the finest Bolivian cocaine.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

It's really very irresponsible of Hunter to be snorting cocaine off a workbench near woodworking tools!

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
looks like a dewalt jobsite table saw

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Stoatbringer posted:

It's really very irresponsible of Hunter to be snorting cocaine off a workbench near woodworking tools!

a friend of mine's mom, who lived in austin in the 70s has a story about some outlaw country guys doing lines of blow in a workshop that had fiberglass shavings and.. .yeah... don't do that.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

He should visit an ophthalmologist.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006

We're not accusing you of doing cocaine so you can't sue us but look! You make your own decision on this.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I'm not even going to pretend to understand these loving idiots, but how the hell is a factual report of "trump got sued for defamation and lost, twice, and now he might be getting sued again" "unfair left leaning" biased?

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I'm not even going to pretend to understand these loving idiots, but how the hell is a factual report of "trump got sued for defamation and lost, twice, and now he might be getting sued again" "unfair left leaning" biased?

Only guess someone could argue he hasn't been sued yet so it's "unfair" to assume he could be a 3rd time. But lol.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

it wants you to rate it before it shows the results and that is the default position for the needle :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Also, does anyone really care about some guy doing a little coke? Unless he's selling state secrets to fund a habit it's not exactly a story that goes anywhere.