Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

There's a guy named Scott Army (son of Dick Army) running for office, and I'd like to know about any big military failures of Scotland to compare him with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

SlothfulCobra posted:

There's a guy named Scott Army (son of Dick Army) running for office, and I'd like to know about any big military failures of Scotland to compare him with.

It'd be easier and more subtle to compare him to one of the Scottish Kings, like the one who blew himself up being close to his own cannon.

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

SlothfulCobra posted:

Just to get it out of the way : Culloden

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
Solway Moss was so bad the king died of embarrassment.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

How did foreign military observers work (I'm interested in the general, but for specifics let's say European observers during the ACW)? I always hear the term, but I've never really understood what was actually happening. Were they somehow embedded into the armies, or did they get information on the battles some other way? Were they credentialed in some way? I would imagine observation and espionage would look very similar depending on the activity.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe
I seem to recall reading that sometimes people would go to "view the battle" as a picnic activity. I have no idea how true that was, but I definitely remember an illustration of vaguely Victorian people on a hillside with armies clashing in the distance.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
that was very, very specifically first bull run

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Battle_of_Bull_Run#Union_retreat

they sobered the gently caress up after 5000 peeps died

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
When the Franco-British fleet was bombarding the fortress of Viapori for two days in 1855 the citizens of Helsinki gathered to watch.

There are similar stories of Swedish locals gathering to see what war looks like across the border river in 1944 when Finnish and German troops were fighting over the border town of Tornio.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Gully Foyle posted:

How did foreign military observers work (I'm interested in the general, but for specifics let's say European observers during the ACW)? I always hear the term, but I've never really understood what was actually happening. Were they somehow embedded into the armies, or did they get information on the battles some other way? Were they credentialed in some way? I would imagine observation and espionage would look very similar depending on the activity.

Yep. Basically you had foreign officers hanging out with the command staffs of the various armies. I dont know for sure but of imagine they were credentialed like any other diplomatic personnel. That said, much like 19th century diplomacy, sometimes its official and organized by the government, sometimes a few officers decide to go be war tourists and more or less bullshit their way in and get recognize after the fact.

A certain young cav captain named George McClellan was one of the American observers in the Crimean war., for example. That was an official junket sent by the US government.

Espionage was a worry and batches of observers would frequently only be allowed to see one side. Both the French and and Russians refused to let the Americans observe if they also watched the other. Ultimately they picked to watch the Franco/British/Turkish forces. Sometimes a country would get around this by sending multiple batches. I dont know if the US or CSA had the same concerns, but the Brit sent multiple batches of observers to both sides. Famously they had one with the CSA at Gettysburg.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013

Gully Foyle posted:

They were in their foreign uniform, and accompanied the general or colonel or other high ranking host. Theyd generally not carry offensive firearms, nor did they take part in fighting in ACW.

They did indeed carry various papers. Theyd report back home or write white-paper style analysis.

As a contrast, in Russo-Japanenese War, there were foreign advisors and observers as well in the navies. However, the nature of the naval warfare meant that they were much more actively partaking in combat on the ship. As far as I know, this wasnt really held against them.

Vahakyla fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 20, 2024

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
This is why we have...standards.

quote:

The King of Sweden at the time was Gustav II Adolf, the man who ordered the building of the ship. Today, at least a million people visit the museum every year, but Vallejos says what draws visitors is more than just the beauty of the ship. "The story is also quite special and tragic."

Vasa set sail on her maiden voyage on August 10, 1628. At the time, she was the most powerfully armed warship in the world, with 64 bronze cannons. Twenty minutes into her journey, the ship was hit by two strong winds. It heeled to port, water gushed in, and the ship sank less than a mile into the journey.

Thirty people died.

Soon after, there was an inquest that concluded that the ship had been unstable. But the reasons behind the instability have remained a point of debate over the centuries.

Fred Hocker, an archaeologist at the Vasa Museum, has been trying to find some definitive answers. "We have, over the last three years, measured every single piece of the wood in the ship," says Hocker. "If we want to understand how the ship was built, that's what it takes."

Hocker's meticulous measurements paid off. They gave him fresh insight into what made the Vasa unstable. For one thing, the ship was asymmetrical, more so than most ships of the day.

"There is more ship structure on the port side of the hull than on the starboard side," explains Hocker. "Unballasted, the ship would probably heel to port."

No wonder the ship tipped to the port side when the winds hit. But why was the ship so lopsided? While examining the ship, Hocker discovered four rulers the workmen had used. Those rulers were based on different standards of measurement at the time. Two were in Swedish feet, which were divided into twelve inches. The other two were in Amsterdam feet, which had eleven inches in a foot. So each carpenter had used his own system of measurement.

"When somebody tells him, make that thing four inches thick, his four inches is not going to be the same as the next guy's four inches," says Hocker. "And you can see those variations in the timbers, as well."

But that wasn't the only reason the ship sank. Hocker says the Vasa was also top-heavy. "The part of the ship that was above the water is too heavy compared to the part of the ship that's in the water. [It] makes it too easy for it to heel over."

People in the 17th century were aware of that fact, but they didn't understand what made the ship top-heavy, or whom to blame for the poor design. Some historians and military architects have blamed the King.

They thought that he had interfered with the ship's dimensions after the construction had begun. But Hocker's measurements offered no evidence to support that theory. He uncovered a simpler cause.

"The deck structure is simply too heavy," he says. "It's heavier than it needs to be to carry the guns that Vasa was armed with."

Why were the decks so heavy? Hocker studied historical documents and found that the shipbuilder, a Dutch man named Henrik Hybertsson, had never built a ship with two gun decks or with so many guns. He thinks Hybertsson erred on the side of caution and made the decks heavier than they needed to be. In other words, as Hocker puts it, "the design was simply flawed from the beginning."

From the Metafilter thread about it - well there's your problem:

quote:

The voet ("foot") was of the same order of magnitude as the English foot (30.48 cm), but its exact size varied from city to city and from province to province. There were 10, 11, 12 or 13 duimen (inches) in a voet, depending on the city's local regulations.

One can debate the merits of having 10 units in a measure versus 12 (e.g. the convenience of base-10 numbering vs 12's many divisors), but it takes a special kind of madness to use a prime number of units, much less a different prime number from another town just down the river.

But it gets worse! The Amsterdam voet had 11 duimen, but there were 13 voeten to the roede. 143 duimen to the roede, what could be simpler??

It's too bad the system is long obsolete, or else the US could have an even less rational system to look down on.

This is going to show up in the OSHA thread eventually. And presumably the minutes of the town council meeting that decided that 13 units to the foot were the correct one.

Comstar fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Feb 20, 2024

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

It makes total sense. Someone heard about how great 12 is at divisibility and tried to do one better.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I assume that the sane numbers were already in use by another town that they hated so they insisted on being different and had to settle for a number no-one was using yet.

Groda
Mar 17, 2005

Hair Elf

Comstar posted:

This is going to show up in the OSHA thread eventually. And presumably the minutes of the town council meeting that decided that 13 units to the foot were the correct one.

Five is a ridiculous factor when you think about it.

SerthVarnee
Mar 13, 2011

It has been two zero days since last incident.
Big Super Slapstick Hunk

Cyrano4747 posted:

Oh ho I got you.

https://youtu.be/X_O1-chxAdk?si=s6oZIRxMH8cmT1yj

This is more on the artisanal end of things but broadly how it worked in bigger setups like government arsenals too. Just there youll have things like stock copying machines.

This was an incredible watch. Thank you so much for linking it.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
When you talk about fouling is that the barrel accumulating soot and grime from the smoke and needing to be cleaned or is it actual wear that ruins the barrel for good?

I'm assuming part of it that plays in for rifled weapons is the bullets wearing on the rifling as they move along the barrel?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Comstar posted:

Xiahou Dun posted:

It makes total sense. Someone heard about how great 12 is at divisibility and tried to do one better.

That or bakers were the ones calling the shots.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

ilmucche posted:

When you talk about fouling is that the barrel accumulating soot and grime from the smoke and needing to be cleaned or is it actual wear that ruins the barrel for good?

I'm assuming part of it that plays in for rifled weapons is the bullets wearing on the rifling as they move along the barrel?

Nope. It's soot and grime. You can clean up a rifle that's so fouled you can't fire it and the rifling is pristine under it.

This is a randomly googled image of black powder fouling in a modern day breach loading black powder hunting rifle. I'm not going to get into the technical details but those are very, very significantly different from traditional muzzle loaders or breach loading cartridge rifles and exist more or less to take advantage of a loophole in hunting laws.

The key is to look at all that crap caked on there:

The website I pulled that from said that's after 20 shots. Something to keep in mind is that that's actually really clean for 20 shots. I suspect it's not using real black powder but a modern black powder substitute like Pyrodex that burns much, much more cleanly. That's about what I'd expect to see after a dozen, maybe fewer, shots with "real" black powder (which, as an aside, is actually a mild pain in the rear end to get these days).

There are a lot of things that black powder shooters do to try and mitigate that or at least keep it soft and easier to clean. Sticking a bit of grease under the bullet, for example, helps keep the fouling soft and easier to remove. But at the end of the day it's just awful crap and if you let it sit for a while it becomes almost cement like.

Oh it's also really, really prone to encouraging rust in your gun which is just dandy as well. A lot of the obsessiveness over having to keep guns clean comes from the black powder days. You can abuse a smokeless firearm - even one using now-obsolete "corrosive" ammunition* - so much more than a black powder gun and have it still function.

With rifles the issue is that that poo poo actually begins to narrow the bore enough that you can't physically hammer a properly sized projectile into the bore, which means the bullet can't engage the rifling. As I said before, the Minie ball fixes this by having an expanding base that flares to bore-size when fired, which seals with the bore no matter how clean or dirty the gun is.

This isn't as much of a problem with breach loading firearms because of how they're loaded, although eventually they too will foul enough that you need to brush the crap out of the barrel before shooting more.

*the ammo isn't corrosive, but the primers leave salt residues behind that promote rusting, similar to black powder but not nearly as badly

edit: I just can not emphasize enough just how loving filthy black powder is. The only comparison I can think of would be to look at burning coal vs. burning gasoline. The combustion products are just loving nasty and get goddamned EVERYWHERE. There are a bunch of (militarily) far more important reasons why smokeless was adopted. It's more stable, ages better, handles moisture and other poor conditions better, doesn't create a giant cloud of foul smoke over you position, and allows for much higher muzzle velocities and in turn much better down-range performance especially at distance. But goddamn just from a purely maintenance perspective, it's just a million goddamned times better for the end user.

Cyrano4747 fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 20, 2024

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cyrano4747 posted:

The main thing that you see them focusing on is the ability of defensive fortifications to break up assaults, especially with ill-trained or ill-equipped defenders. This is something that they put into context alongside other, European, battles where you see similar outcomes. Plevna, as mentioned before. This was a particular concern for them because of just how much emphasis was put upon the offensive in Prussian officer circles, both on the strategic and the tactical levels. There was a constant low-level fear of a repeat of 1807, and a lot of fretting over how a rapidly mobilized army of conscripts would fare against their semi-professionalized reservist system.

I don't want to over-sell it. The Prussians were far, far more interested in the late 1860s with analyzing their own recent battles, in particular the performance of their armies vs. Denmark and Austria. But they had observers in the US who published their findings and it was a topic of conversation. Scheibert is the name of the main observer they had in the US in 1863.

As an aside, the Dreyse was adopted in 1841 and was their main rifle through most of the Wars of Unification. It did well vs. Denmark and Austria, but its performance vs. the French in particular in 1870 was not something they were happy about and caused a lot of consternation, ultimately leading to the adoption of the m71. The small arms race between France and Germany from 1870 - 1898 drives a bunch of really weird poo poo in those years, and a LOT of energy is spent on the German side of things fretting that the French are going to have a better rifle than them. The memory of having to fight Chassepots with Dreyses was pretty indelible for a generation of military thinkers and arms designers.

Something I neglected to mention yesterday and which occurs to me now while doing some related early morning reading (a biography of Ludwig Loewe) is just how much American war production during the ACW freaked the gently caress out of the Prussians. Again, they always had a concern with what would happen if an enemy conscripted a large army from their population and armed them with decent quality weapons. Just looking at rifles: The US built about 1 million model 1861 rifles and a further 700,000 m1863 rifles. That's 1.7 million examples of just the two most modern types of firearms, built by one half of the United States (albeit the more heavily industrialized half), and AFTER one of the two major government arsenals was destroyed early on in the conflict - Harper's Ferry stopped mattering for American firearms production after 1861.

I don't have specific figures for Prussian production of the then-contemporary version of the Dreyse, the Zndnadelgewehr M/62, but I can say that between 1862 and 1867 they made a point of modernizing and updating their manufacturing techniques and raised the annual output of the Spandau arsenal from 12,000 rifles a year to 48,000. The Association of German Engineers met in Berlin in 1867 specifically to discuss how to update what they saw as Prussian backwardness in manufacturing techniques, and the staggering output of the US during the Civil War was a specific topic of concern (as were agricultural machines and sewing machines). Note, though, that this is already after efforts were made to improve production at Spandau.

Then in 1870 you have the Berlin industrialist Ludwig Loewe traveling to the US specifically to study the "American method of production" which was also called the Arsenal System, after the way that guns were being mass produced. In particular Singer was breaking new ground on making the era's most complex examples of precision engineered machines - sewing machines - and that's specifically what Loewe wanted to study and bring back to Germany. The end result of that was nothing less than a revolutionizing of German industry, as it was Ludwig Loewe & Co. that not only made some pretty good sewing machines, but quickly pivoted to manufacturing and selling industrial machines themselves, in essence selling the rest of the German economy the tools to modernize the production of everything from farm equipment to rifles.

LL&Co of course also expanded into firearms and that's what they're largely most famous for today, in large part as a result of how they spun out into DWM after Ludwig died and his brother Isidore took over the firm. But to give an idea of just how important they were to the industrial side of things, in 1889 when the contracts for the new Gewehr 1888 were being handed out LL&Co were initially kind of shafted, in large part because the German War Ministry wanted them focused on fulfilling a contract to produce tooling and equipment for the Spandau arsenal. Their contribution to helping upgrade government production was considered more important than the arms that they could produce.

Anyways, long story short the American Civil War really stood out among the other mid-19th century conflicts as being one that showcased just what no bullshit total war would look like. Both the USA and CSA focused their entire economies on winning the war, and in the end it was the raw industrial output of the USA that doomed the secessionists. Europe had seen plenty of conflicts, even serious wars, but they hadn't seen total war on that scale since Napoleon, and the Americans provided a very clear picture of what the logistical and industrial requirements of a full blown continental throw-down would be. And that is something that made a lot of people sit up and take notice and realize just how ill-prepared they might really be.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

btw thanks for posting that gunsmith video. I don't care so much about guns but seeing the craftsmanship and machining made my day.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
I'm reminded of how the British Martini-Henri had this massive loving lever for the action because after a few shots just getting the breech open would be a huge pain in the arse due to all the fouling.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

I'm reminded of how the British Martini-Henri had this massive loving lever for the action because after a few shots just getting the breech open would be a huge pain in the arse due to all the fouling.

Which is kind of ironic, because one of the specific reasons that the British dismissed the Dreyse in the 1840s and 50s was because they believed that the fouling issues with a breach loader would lead to lower over-all (i.e. over the course of a battle) rates of fire than a muzzle loader.

And, in fairness, they had some NASTY loving problems with their own breach loaders when they went that direction, but then again so did everyone. The Trapdoor Springfield was notorious for having difficult spent shell extraction after a few rounds. That's one of the major benefits of a turn bolt style like the Mauser m71 - it lets you have a gently caress off big claw extractor that pulls the cartridge out with a significant amount of authority.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Cyrano4747 posted:

Anyways, long story short the American Civil War really stood out among the other mid-19th century conflicts as being one that showcased just what no bullshit total war would look like.

I think it's also important to keep in mind the fact that by European standards the US Civil War was an aberration. The Union Army was a tiny amateur army that was slowly expanded to be a "mass army" through conscription - a process that took years - to gradually strangle and crush a rebellion in a huge swath of territory.

That's interesting - and well worthy of study - but that's just not how European wars would, or could, work. The US was in a very different situation due to the geography, the demographics, and the politics in play. The thinking was that a European nation just wouldn't have the time and space necessary to allow wartime production to build an army from scratch as the US had. This dictated that European nations had to have "come as you are" armies; a war in Europe would be a fast strike by a professional army augmented by rapidly mobilized (and already trained) conscripts. Trying to integrate the lessons of the US Civil War too closely would be counterproductive, if not suicidal.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cessna posted:

I think it's also important to keep in mind the fact that by European standards the US Civil War was an aberration. The Union Army was a tiny amateur army that was slowly expanded to be a "mass army" through conscription - a process that took years - to gradually strangle and crush a rebellion in a huge swath of territory.

That's interesting - and well worthy of study - but that's just not how European wars would, or could, work. The US was in a very different situation due to the geography, the demographics, and the politics in play. The thinking was that a European nation just wouldn't have the time and space necessary to allow wartime production to build an army from scratch as the US had. This dictated that European nations had to have "come as you are" armies; a war in Europe would be a fast strike by a professional army augmented by rapidly mobilized (and already trained) conscripts. Trying to integrate the lessons of the US Civil War too closely would be counterproductive, if not suicidal.

Well, Europe did have living memory of mass conscription raising armies quickly: The levee en mass of the French Revolution and the nasty surprises that it produced early on when foreign Royalist forces tried to strangle Revolutionary France in its cradle.

You're right that the continental solution was generally conscription and an extensive reservist system to keep all military aged males roughly aware of how to handle a firearm, but there was a fair bit of lingering fear over what the outcome would be if you just, you know, grabbed half a million assholes off the street and handed them a decently modern rifle.

Something else I found going through some old notes: the Germans also hired Pratt & Whitney to also make a bunch of machines for them and help modernize specially small arms production in the state run arsenals in 1872. It was a ~$300,000 contract and importantly involved hiring a bunch of what we'd describe today as contractors to advise them in streamlining and upgrading their facilities. The thought that they might not be able to produce enough small arms for a future large conflict was a major concern. They also fretted a lot about being able to make guns quick enough to re-equip their forces as new innovations took over. There's a mini panic in the mid-1880s as they wonder if they can make enough repeating m71/84 rifles fast enough to prevent the French from having a small arms advantage, and then another in 1887-89 as they freak out about the French adopting smokeless powder and wonder if they can make their own Gew88 fast enough.

Also, I'll note that there were European examples of army raising techniques more akin to the US Civil War out east. In the 1877-78 Russo-Turkic War both sides pretty rapidly backfilled their ranks by expanding the military after hostilities began.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Cyrano4747 posted:

Well, Europe did have living memory of mass conscription raising armies quickly: The levee en mass of the French Revolution and the nasty surprises that it produced early on when foreign Royalist forces tried to strangle Revolutionary France in its cradle.

Oh, absolutely. But in the meantime things like railroads and telegraphs had made the pace of operations so much faster that the time required to raise and train a massive army from scratch was simply not available to belligerent nations like France or Prussia. An enemy would be in Paris/Berlin before those conscripts were ready to fight.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Cessna posted:

Oh, absolutely. But in the meantime things like railroads and telegraphs had made the pace of operations so much faster that the time required to raise and train a massive army from scratch was simply not available to belligerent nations like France or Prussia. An enemy would be in Paris/Berlin before those conscripts were ready to fight.

Absolutely. It was just a much more densely industrialized area.

Thinking about it, a lot of the worries that you see on the German side of the equation are similar to the ones you see today about the ability to backfill munitions and equipment expenditures in a serious war: think the dialog surrounding aid to Ukraine, or the hand wringing that happened when NATO exhausted most of their European PGMs in Libya. Basically the sheer loving scale of what was produced in the ACW made a lot of people sit up and say holy gently caress.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Well, maybe. Who can say? I'm just asking questions.
(Joke stolen from someone on Tumblr)

slothrop
Dec 7, 2006

Santa Alpha, Fox One... Gifts Incoming ~~~>===|>

Soiled Meat

I assure you he didnt exist and if he did he was more like D. Ire

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
David Irving didn't happen but also its good he's dead

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Do you have a source on this? Early morning google isn't turning anything up but I REALLY want to be the one to break this news to a friend, but I equally REALLY don't want to be wrong.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
His official Twitter is denying it.

I hope you're all grateful to me for checking so you don't have to.

mind you, his official Twitter denies many things

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Fangz posted:

:discourse:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
My copy of the Roman Logistics At War has shipped! :toot:

McGann
May 19, 2003

Get up you son of a bitch! 'Cause Mickey loves you!

Fangz posted:

I had no idea who this guy was, but thankfully a quick Google cleared it up

quote:

Some were surprised to hear that he was dead. Because, really, David Irving had been dead inside for a long time.

Thanks Toronto Sun

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-holocaust-denier-david-irving-is-dead

Edit

quote:

So, really, there’s only one thing left to be said about the death of this Holocaust denier.

We want proof.

loving ZING

McGann fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 21, 2024

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

McGann posted:

I had no idea who this guy was, but thankfully a quick Google cleared it up

Thanks Toronto Sun

https://torontosun.com/opinion/columnists/kinsella-holocaust-denier-david-irving-is-dead

That is an amazing way to start an obituary.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

Fangz posted:

:vince:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Fangz posted:

:perfect:

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

Fangz posted:

Goddamn, son.

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Who? There's no such person as David Irving.

Fangz posted:

:golfclap: