Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LookieLoo
Feb 10, 2011

It's ethical! Farm to plate?

E: what was the skin thing he was on about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I'm glad someone at Sony has a sense of humor. I hope they produce it.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

It's insane to me that so many companies will use and abuse cease and desist threats to squash criticism and fan works. Yet they can't seem to use them on a guy who's making wild claims about being a partner with their brand, representing himself as an embodiment of their brand, and open mouth kissing their brand without permission.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
It's because he's a nobody and isn't affecting their bottom line

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Did someone say brand!?

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

Elephant Ambush posted:

It's because he's a nobody and isn't affecting their bottom line

I mean that never stopped so many companies from C&Ding so many non-profit fan projects.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Busters posted:

I mean that never stopped so many companies from C&Ding so many non-profit fan projects.

Disney and Nintendo are psychotic, most other companies don't go to that depth of hatred for their fanbase

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

I guess Nathan knows better than to try PokemonEATS... Or does he?

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Busters posted:

It's insane to me that so many companies will use and abuse cease and desist threats to squash criticism and fan works. Yet they can't seem to use them on a guy who's making wild claims about being a partner with their brand, representing himself as an embodiment of their brand, and open mouth kissing their brand without permission.

Most of the time these fan works are actual things that come out and not something a guy claims he will do and never does.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i have a feeling nathen would have difficulty ceasing and desisting

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Mozi posted:

i have a feeling nathen would have difficulty ceasing and desisting

What would ever give you that idea

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Akratic Method posted:

What the gently caress does “the massive morals of the docu-series” mean?!

The morals? They’re enormous.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

It was IMMORAL what Viacom did to the wishes of Jim Davis

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

Most of the time these fan works are actual things that come out and not something a guy claims he will do and never does.
Yep, they tend to wait until there's a public demo or lots of video footage to show that it's something that clearly actually exists and will infringe on their properly upon release. Nathen's basically the equivalent of someone posting random sketches for his Garfield graphic novel on Deviant Art

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

MrQwerty posted:

It was IMMORAL what Viacom did to the wishes of Jim Davis

:confused: Jim Davis wished for an even bigger pile of money, and they granted this wish.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Sony told him no.

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSinc/status/1760011640093978797

Also he's going to sue Google and Yelp or not. He's running his face through Facetune for these videos and he looks extra insane.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Akratic Method posted:

:confused: Jim Davis wished for an even bigger pile of money, and they granted this wish.

But what about Jim Davis' approval of GarfieldEATS

Also lol that video jesus

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I wonder if sony/viacom has his email on an autoreply consisting just of a one word email reply of "no" by now.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

MassRafTer posted:

Sony told him no.

Also he's going to sue Google and Yelp or not. He's running his face through Facetune for these videos and he looks extra insane.

It was a beautiful one hour call with Sony it was a perfect phone call many people are saying so

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol nathen is such a weirdo :yooge: licensee licensor licensing rights :yooge:

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
That AI filter is atrocious. I didn’t think this man could get more fake but he keeps finding ways to lower the bar.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

MassRafTer posted:

Sony told him no.

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

MassRafTer posted:

Sony told him no.

The jarring “IT’S ALL ABOUT ME” has some serious Joker vibes to it

“LOOK AT ME”

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Ah good, I finally know it is actually pronounced "Sawnee Pictures"

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

MrQwerty posted:

lol nathen is such a weirdo :yooge: licensee licensor licensing rights :yooge:

I believe if you watch the captions of his instagram video, you'll learn you have spelled "license sore" incorrectly.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

recession or succession

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

david_a posted:

That AI filter is atrocious. I didn’t think this man could get more fake but he keeps finding ways to lower the bar.

It looks like there are worms under his skin trying to escape. I really do not like it

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Akratic Method posted:

I believe if you watch the captions of his instagram video, you'll learn you have spelled "license sore" incorrectly.

I mean he's obviously not too concerned about spelling.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Please don't come on video, I'm begging you

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
His lips are scary. Something I've never said or thought before about a person.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

temple posted:

His lips are scary. Something I've never said or thought before about a person.

Yeah. It kinda looks like he’s licking them constantly like cokehea…. Oh right.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Licenses. Brands. Garfield. Lasagna.

Busters
Jan 24, 2014

MrQwerty posted:

Licenses. Brands. Garfield. Lasagna.

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.

Dude has so many filters on his lip synch is off. I've seen more conservative usage of airbrushing in 90s playboy mags. Does he think people have skin that's so smooth it completely lacks texture?

So, even though zero documentaries have been made, now.hes saying there are/will be two? Again, the way this guy talks also fries my brain. There's no tense agreement. As soon as he merely thinks of something, it's no longer an idea, it IS. It already exists and has existed.

How's that lawsuit you never created or filed going? How's your egg app? How's your next book or podcast episode? He talks about them like they're already happening or done, but he hasn't even begun.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
Just ate at Scott Pilgrim eats and boy are my arms tired

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Busters posted:

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME.

Dude has so many filters on his lip synch is off. I've seen more conservative usage of airbrushing in 90s playboy mags. Does he think people have skin that's so smooth it completely lacks texture?

So, even though zero documentaries have been made, now.hes saying there are/will be two? Again, the way this guy talks also fries my brain. There's no tense agreement. As soon as he merely thinks of something, it's no longer an idea, it IS. It already exists and has existed.

How's that lawsuit you never created or filed going? How's your egg app? How's your next book or podcast episode? He talks about them like they're already happening or done, but he hasn't even begun.

manifestation syndrome

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Nathen is ChatGPT made flesh

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

Nathen is ChatGPT made flesh

ChatGPT trained exclusively on marketing speak and c-suite buzzwords

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

MrQwerty posted:

ChatGPT trained exclusively on marketing speak and c-suite buzzwords

Someone (not me) needs to make NathenGPT a reality

The best would be having NathenGPT email Nathen and the wonderful conversations that would result. Would they become friends? Would Nathen attempt to sue NathenGPT? Would NathenGPT attempt to sue Nathen? Tune in and find out!

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Nathen would put on his wizard robe and hat garf suit if you catch my drift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

NathGPT would eventually hit a broken loop and just start spamming Viacom with 100 emails/minute about GarfieldEATS and Egeez

Then I'd imagine someone would have to Ol' Yeller the computer