Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerox
May 20, 2001
I know I am going to start Sentinel, but I just can't decide between Paladin and Void Knight. I was pretty on board with Void Knight until I saw Phox's judgment video last night.

Why is the patch for 1.0 getting released at the same time as launch? Any clue how large it is?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

To make sure even the "Truly Offline" players start at the same time as the rest of us.

Big.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
The download when I bought it, which seems largely pointless now if I have to do it all over again, was ~8GB decompressing to ~17GB apparently. Plan accordingly, etc.

Sab669 posted:

Yea I still plan to attempt MP even though I don't rrrrreally have anyone I'll play with regularly.

A major downside to pretty much every modern non-competitive multiplayer game is adding in a shitload of stuff to do but no way to actually coordinate it. Warlock wants to do X, Falconer wants to do Y, and no way to filter it without a shitload of talking to randoms so gently caress it we solo now.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Clarste posted:

They said they're didn't allow pre-downloading because then people would be able to play the "true offline" mode before release, since it wouldn't even check steam. Or something like that.

hopefully they learn their lesson in about 35 minutes and only do this the one time. I realize that offline players are going to be a more significant slice of the playerbase than many people think, but it doesn't effect anything for the online players outside maybe some real nerds getting a couple hours of practice on the new patch on a throwaway charcter. it's not like all the data isn't already charted and put on offsites

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

It’s probably for the best at launch just to help naturally spread out logins a bit.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

I've called Steam to confirm there will be extra download servers for this game.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
If you like free cosmetics, they're doing twitch drops starting on Thursday, one a day for four days, then repeating the four. https://twitch.lastepoch.com/

Kind of weird, most people would do like a 1 to 4 hour reward on launch, looks like they're trying to do more of a sustained drop schedule.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Those falconer videos caught my eye and I was thinking of going that route. Bird goes brrr looks cool
But, I usually go for easy-ish 2-button-ish sort of builds, so am I right in thinking that if I try to play a rogue type I'm creating a bit of a square hole round pin type of scenario? Or is it not as tricky as I'm now fearing?
( I realise that most people haven't played it yet, but you lot are good at working out how this stuff will play out)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Any sense if warlock or falconeer are going to be controller-friendly?

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Mailer posted:

A major downside to pretty much every modern non-competitive multiplayer game is adding in a shitload of stuff to do but no way to actually coordinate it. Warlock wants to do X, Falconer wants to do Y, and no way to filter it without a shitload of talking to randoms so gently caress it we solo now.

I don't understand what this means and I've read this like 5 times.

Coordinate what? Filter what?

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Good luck to everyone and enjoy the time jumping. :thumbsup:

Pockyless
Jun 6, 2004
With flaming Canadians and such :(

Tonetta posted:

hopefully they learn their lesson in about 35 minutes and only do this the one time. I realize that offline players are going to be a more significant slice of the playerbase than many people think, but it doesn't effect anything for the online players outside maybe some real nerds getting a couple hours of practice on the new patch on a throwaway charcter. it's not like all the data isn't already charted and put on offsites

Do you think you wont be able to patch the game on steam because of server load?

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
Rogue has a lot of skills that can trigger other skills. The meta shadow daggers facloner is two buttons for clear and an extra button for defense on bosses.

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Thanks, sounds reasonable, I think I'll just yolo it and see what happens.

lagidnam
Nov 8, 2010
https://steamdb.info/app/899770/charts/#48h

Player numbers so we can see exactly when the servers break, if they do break.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

ehg team anxiety must be crazy high right now

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

No steam preload? When the patch will even be available?!

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ihmemies posted:

No steam preload? When the patch will even be available?!

Nowish, presumably

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

WHERE IS IT

THERE IS IT

D.Fuzzbot
Sep 5, 2023
It's up

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Relog Steam, the update just appeared for me. 7.3gb

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
update took a while to appear for me, I'm updating now

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

7.3gb Steam update has begun.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Tarnop posted:

Thanks!

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tarnop posted:

Yeah, the Steam client can take up to 20 minutes to see a new update, but manually closing the client and restarting it can pick it up faster.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I'm stuck on a screen after choosing cycle character. restarting worked

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

phosdex posted:

I'm stuck on a screen after choosing cycle character

Same, even in offline mode.

e: Exit out, log back in and you can create properly.

Kalman fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 21, 2024

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

queeb posted:

My prediction, 10k peak players

Edit: I say this because I don't think a 1.0 for a game that's been out for years is a huge draw like something out of nowhere like helldivers

not even done patching

Diephoon fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Feb 21, 2024

gnoma
Feb 7, 2005

These poles made from wood, and the crossarms from iron.
If you had broken character creation on the bingo card, you win.

Seem restarting the game fixes it.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
lol so predictable and yet still disappointing. I'm staring at the same empty screen as well.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Restarted, works for me now

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sab669 posted:

I don't understand what this means and I've read this like 5 times.

Coordinate what? Filter what?

In any given game with many multiple avenues of advancement depending on what you want, there's usually a bad matchmaking setup. I want a thing for whatever class/race/spec/whatever I am, and you want something entirely different, and at best you get a loose level-banded option for grouping.

Edit: About a 7GB update. Not bad. Shame I won't get to play for like 15 more hours, but meh.

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.

Martout posted:

Got past character creation, now the first level won't load.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Martout posted:

same, was able to create a cycle character but now i'm at the loading screen for old road

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Benson Cunningham posted:

Got past character creation, now the first level won't load.

Not loading for me either haha gotta love a launch day

edit: restarted again, the level loaded

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Just got an online play not available error after sitting on the loading screen for a while.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

~SMcD

rafikki posted:

Just got an online play not available error after sitting on the loading screen for a while.

and I'm in now.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

loving EHG what are you some kinda indie company?!

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
Anyone got any paticular recomendations for a build that can cover the screen in ice effects? I just really like ice effects after a glacial miner in PoE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

lol almost doubled the all-time peak players