Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Good night, framed picture of Grimes!

*messy licking and squelching noises*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

End Shitboers

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
Can't help but spot a bit of a pattern in the crime stuff Elon is signal boosting

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot
They're all American stories! Why not cover another western nation affected by wokeness like the UK, Australia or Malaysia?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

One of those stories Elon reposted was about that that lgbtq student that died after getting beaten up in the bathroom at school, right?

Bertha the Toaster
Jan 11, 2009
I know its not the worst part of this to be annoyed at, but it annoys me all the same. They're not "illegals". If someone claims asylum they are in the country legally, the fact that they were in state funded housing shows this. I know its just racist way of dehumanising people, but there are other dog whistle words they could use that'd be factually correct like "asylum seeker" or "immigrant".

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

Speaking of rules lawyering, I remember ny Turkish friend placing a hand a bit above his beer when drinking, "so that God does not see".

I also recall him not being able to follow Ramadan after the 2nd day, but explaining to me that there are three special days in Ramadan that count a thousand times as much as the other days

the christian version is that only christmas, easter, and a few other days really count for church.

oh also you only need to get the communion wafer, so you can just arrive when they start giving it out and then leave after.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Bertha the Toaster posted:

I know its not the worst part of this to be annoyed at, but it annoys me all the same. They're not "illegals". If someone claims asylum they are in the country legally, the fact that they were in state funded housing shows this. I know its just racist way of dehumanising people, but there are other dog whistle words they could use that'd be factually correct like "asylum seeker" or "immigrant".

Don't worry, Elon has his best men on the case

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Just imagining the Metal Gear alert noise going off for Elon every time someone mentions an illegal

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Ah, IMC, what's the appropriate term to describe you then? Oh what's that, its "not at all a citizen of america and has no loving clue how anything works outside of their home country of Malaysia"?

!!

Total Party Kill
Aug 25, 2005

kazil posted:

Don't worry, Elon has his best men on the case

CHUDs discovering you can alter any website text to say whatever you want to rile themselves up?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Captain Hygiene posted:

Just imagining the Metal Gear alert noise going off for Elon every time someone mentions an illegal

Thank

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

I see Chaya and co. are trying to flood the zone with poo poo today to obfuscate the fact that a non-binary student was murdered by their peers in the bathroom at a school she recently targeted and got a teacher fired at for being gay.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/nex-benedict-non-binary-teen-at-owasso-high-died-after-bathroom-altercation

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Can someone check if grok is ok

https://twitter.com/seanw_m/status/1760115732333941148

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
We know that X is a racist site and we know Elon amplifies racist poo poo and is a racist. We don't have to post every time he does it or replies with !! Or his usual NPC stuff unless it's particularly egregious, particularly since he replies to the same accounts every time

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri Rock. I need scissors! 61!

FurtherReading
Sep 4, 2007

explosivo posted:

Ah, IMC, what's the appropriate term to describe you then? Oh what's that, its "not at all a citizen of america and has no loving clue how anything works outside of their home country of Malaysia"?

!!

IMC doesn't even know how is own country works - he knows so little about his home country that he accidentally committed sedition.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Seth Pecksniff posted:

We know that X is a racist site and we know Elon amplifies racist poo poo and is a racist. We don't have to post every time he does it or replies with !! Or his usual NPC stuff unless it's particularly egregious, particularly since he replies to the same accounts every time

posting "!!" on racist posts is 90% of his posting

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

kazil posted:

posting "!!" on racist posts is 90% of his posting

It's true but I'm not sure what value is gained on posting the same stuff

Also this is killing me lmao

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Pls you don’t have to post that Nazi garbage

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

euphronius posted:

Pls you don’t have to post that Nazi garbage

Spoiler: you do

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

love how elon is a mask-off nazi gently caress and the media tiptoes around his "potentially, theoretically, allegedly, perhaps could be considered problematic" tweets

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Buce posted:

love how elon is a mask-off nazi gently caress and the media tiptoes around his "potentially, theoretically, allegedly, perhaps could be considered problematic" tweets

"Hello, yes, I am a literal nazi."

"What could he mean by that? Maybe it's some genius reference or metaphor?"

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Maybe it will help convince people to stop using twitter and embedding tweets on this here website, thus directly supporting the racist owner and his nazi bar

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
the media is no one's friend.

Every once in awhile I wonder how jeremy w peters is doing then i realize he's no longer active on social media.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Grey Cat posted:

"Hello, yes, I am a literal nazi."

"What could he mean by that? Maybe it's some genius reference or metaphor?"

If he just came out and said it, exactly like that, people would finally have a hard time getting around it. But thats not how it works

He wont, because he is not that stupid, or because he is just too stupid to even understand he is a nazi. Probably a bit of both

He will just keep repeating nazi ideias and conspiracies and rexiting nazis and so the mainsream press and the american goverment and whatever will always be able to go "yeah Elon has some weird ideas sometimes but"

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

pixaal posted:

This is the Elon thread, is this not the place to point out what a terrible person he is and laugh when he steps on rakes?

You're right,this is the place,but I just meant his "posts" are universally unreadable garbage

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

People to this day still don’t think Henry Ford was a Nazi and he literally went to Germany saluted Hitler and got a Nazi medal

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

euphronius posted:

People to this day still don’t think Henry Ford was a Nazi and he literally went to Germany saluted Hitler and got a Nazi medal

How could he be a nazi he was american

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

mobby_6kl posted:

Maybe it will help convince people to stop using twitter and embedding tweets on this here website, thus directly supporting the racist owner and his nazi bar

I do not think that anyone here is going to click on this thread and go "oh poo poo I liked Elon but now that I saw this I don't!! I didn't know he was such a racist!"

Conversely, if anyone here sees Elon's posting and it makes you like him more, please let me know I have a special treat for you

I'm not saying no Elon posting ever, but maybe be a bit more judicious on what gets posted is all

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Elon Musk seems cool and good ...FOR ME TO POOP ON :dukedog:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
Elon is getting dangerously close to being exactly the kind of South Afrikaner that people accused him of being this whole time.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Close? lmao

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Tell it to Earth

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!
Edit

DeeplyConcerned fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Feb 21, 2024

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

dr_rat posted:

Two hours and twenty nine minutes of twitter posting well spent!!

holy .... thats almost 9000 unregretted user seconds

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Captain Hygiene posted:

Elon Musk seems cool and good ...FOR ME TO POOP ON :dukedog:

Got 'em

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

thathonkey posted:

holy .... thats almost 9000 unregretted user seconds

Isn't it offset by the number of other people who do regret those particular 9000 user seconds?

IBroughttheFunk
Sep 28, 2012
https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1760336029054271689?t=mJGaGCMK0XaxDVWfudvXVg&s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Buce posted:

It isn't that they're tip-toeing around him, they're tip-toeing around the fact that like half of this awful country agrees with him and one of our two major parties considers asylum seekers and other immigrants to be a deadly scourge. The mainstream media has to treat those people as though they are not absolute psychopaths so they have to just kind of decorum their way around elon's insane bullshit.