Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
All this vince stuff is very sad, just a real frowny face moment. But he also paid me a lot of money and gave me the belt a lot of times so idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
It's insane that someone like Randy Orton can just be all "Wow, you guys hear about this?"

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

It wouldn't shock me to learn that most people don't know about the Randy Orton stories. The best thing to ever happen to these bastards was the most of the public does not care about wrestling and reporters seem to care even less.

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Why is Nash canceled for his comments but people are bending over backwards to justify Cena's pretty awful defense of Vince?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
<Bravely>: John Cena Suuuucks~~

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

It's insane that someone like Randy Orton can just be all "Wow, you guys hear about this?"

If I had worked 20 years at the place where main eventers were given sex slaves as signing bonuses you can bet your arse my response would be " Wow man, that shits crazy. Never heard about this til now"

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

The fake dichotomy between sexual assault and "ribbing" or "hazing" has helped cover for the past behavior of too many of these motherfuckers. Rick Steiner only ended up getting cancelled over virulent transphobia when both him AND Scott got away with shoving markers up some referee's rear end in WCW as a rib.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

all pranks/ribs are terrible. I hate that kind of poo poo. Just lovely behavior.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I mean some are funny, like when Owen and Steve had a fight with popcorn bags because they saw Dave Meltzer in the front row and tried to have the worst match they possibly could.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
The ribs that protect my heart and lungs are good.

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Shard posted:

all pranks/ribs are terrible. I hate that kind of poo poo. Just lovely behavior.

This. Throw in that Wrestlers Court stuff, too. Just infantile behaviour by juiced up idiots.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Pylons posted:

I mean some are funny, like when Owen and Steve had a fight with popcorn bags because they saw Dave Meltzer in the front row and tried to have the worst match they possibly could.

It really seems like the reason Owen stuck out as a prankster is that he actually understood what was a prank versus what was just assault.

I can't find the template for the meme right now, but it's basically that thing of:
<friend invites you to go watch a Wrestling Rib>
me: is it an actual prank or some sort of bigoted assault?
them: what?
me: this rib, is it a prank or just some gross bigoted assault?
them: it's a good Rib, friend
<goes, finds out it is actually a bigoted assault>

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Cena knew.

Randy knew.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SirPhoebos posted:

Cena knew.

Randy knew.

Of course they knew. They encouraged it. The Diva Search was for the boys.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Alan_Shore posted:

Why is Nash canceled for his comments but people are bending over backwards to justify Cena's pretty awful defense of Vince?

I'm not justifying anything, what Cena said is still loving awful and should rightly be mocked and condemned.

With that said, I also don't think Nash ever got the "cult leader" treatment from Vince the way Cena did, so in theory Nash should know better, because he's made no secret of the fact that wrestling was just a means of getting paid to him. He wasn't an adherent to the WWE Cult the way someone like Cena was (and evidently still is).

Obviously, Cena should know better also, because he's a grown man; but even guys like Mox have commented on how difficult it can be to get out of the "WWE mindset".

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Alan_Shore posted:

I'm not sure who you're referring to here but I'm guessing people might be more lenient towards Cena because he's a current mainstream star and one of the faces of not just WWE but wrestling in general. Nash was obviously a big star at one point too, but he's not exactly "current" in the same way. As such, certain groups are going to take criticism of Cena's defence of Vince (or, worse yet, accusations that he was directly involved) as an attack on their love of WWE/wrestling/something else that Cena's been in. It's incredibly stupid but it's been an Internet thing for years, and it's only gotten worse with regards to wrestling in recent times.

The wording probably has a lot to do with it too. Cena, as is typical for him, speaks in lawyer-friendly terms, while Nash was ignorant and offensive with what he said. I know what you mean though, both can certainly be as bad as the other with regards to covering up someone's crimes.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I'm not sure who you're referring to here but I'm guessing people might be more lenient towards Cena because he's a current mainstream star and one of the faces of not just WWE but wrestling in general. Nash was obviously a big star at one point too, but he's not exactly "current" in the same way. As such, certain groups are going to take criticism of Cena's defence of Vince (or, worse yet, accusations that he was directly involved) as an attack on their love of WWE/wrestling/something else that Cena's been in. It's incredibly stupid but it's been an Internet thing for years, and it's only gotten worse with regards to wrestling in recent times.

The wording probably has a lot to do with it too. Cena, as is typical for him, speaks in lawyer-friendly terms, while Nash was ignorant and offensive with what he said. I know what you mean though, both can certainly be as bad as the other with regards to covering up someone's crimes.

Also I seem to recall that in Nash's case, there was a certain amount of him trying to stick up for his boy HHH in his ignorant comments, rather than just trying to defend Vince. Which is even dumber, but there we are.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I think it's because Cena said that he believes it but loves Vince and he wants to see him get better and a bunch of other cult poo poo while Nash said you can't groom an adult, that the accusers are likely lying because Linda found out, and that her lawyer is bad because she's blond.

Oh also all the texts are fantasy and if you know Vince you know it's just his fantasy but none of it happened it's just fiction in texts.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

gently caress John Cena.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

gently caress John Cena.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

STONE COLD 64 posted:

gently caress John Cena.

New Vince McMahon text just dropped.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
I think we can firmly put Cena not only in the "knew what's up" category but also in "partook and is hoping nothing else comes out". That's a man that is flailing unnecessarily if I ever saw one. He's got a guilty mind.

UnleashedDad fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Feb 21, 2024

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

UnleashedDad posted:

I think we can firmly put Cena not only in the "knew what's up" category but also in "partook and is hoping nothing else comes out". That's a man that is flailing unnecessarily if I ever saw one. He's got a guilty mind.

I don’t know if I’m ready to jump there yet. Dude always sounds like a robot lawyer whenever he talks or posts or whatever, so the tone and word choice don’t set off any bells for me.

That being said, he and anyone else who trots out the “I love Vince and support my friend” poo poo can gently caress off forever.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
one of the few guys at vince's recent birthday party after the original news broke were Brock, Cena and current WWE color commentator Pat McAfee so i'm willing to say Cena knew and approved of the pictures Vince was showing him

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Kosmo Gallion posted:

Jason said every single time they would come back from a dark match from TVs, Russ Haas was so depressed because "Quote Jim Ross and Quote Bruce Prichard" kept telling Russ: You guys are ready to go, you guys will be on tv but Russ you got to get bigger, Russ you got to get bigger, sorry Russ you got to get bigger." Russ finally gave in and began taking steroids and it was one occasion in which there was air in the needle and it got to his heart and killed him.

Good 'ol JR.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

UnleashedDad posted:

Feel like you're jumping the gun here. He probably knew some extent of what was going on - Meltzer's words were (paraphrasing a bit here) "everybody knew some aspect of [it], but few knew the full extent of the depravity" and I'm hoping he falls into that category.

gently caress him for leaping to Vince's defence though.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

UnleashedDad posted:

Yeah, I think there's going to be some pretty dark revelations coming out of this, in regards to Cena.

Ivypls
Aug 24, 2019

1glitch0 posted:

Good 'ol JR.

he still bangs on about guys needing to put on mass. i swear every time he calls a chuck taylor match he says something to the same effect.

UnleashedDad
Jan 14, 2022

hi im tony. did you know that a koala's appendix is about two meters long.
Let’s put it this way, had he said the standard stuff I wouldn’t have considered it. Now I definitely do. You don’t talk word salad like that if something isn’t amiss. Just one man’s opinion.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

edit: didn’t realize what thread i was in

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

UnleashedDad posted:

Let’s put it this way, had he said the standard stuff I wouldn’t have considered it. Now I definitely do. You don’t talk word salad like that if something isn’t amiss. Just one man’s opinion.

They ALL knew about it and almost absolutely were actively involved in some aspect of it. Whether it's Cena or Orton or Levesque or Jim Ross or Heyman or Stephanie or whoever. No one who would object would have thrived at that high of a level in an organization ran by Vince McMahon.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sydney Bottocks posted:

If Cena going on and on about how he "loves" Vince isn't proof that Vince ran WWE like a cult leader, then I dunno what is

I've mentioned it before but on Jeff Jarrett's podcast he talks glowingly in one breath about Vince giving him time off so he can spend time with his wife who has cancer but in the next talks about how that time off means he couldn't meet his match quota so he was going to get paid less.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

garycoleisgod posted:

This is disgraceful.

Why do you need the harness? Just dump him straight in.

Give him Owen's harness but tell him it's just a tour and he'll be completely safe.

HonorableTB
Dec 22, 2006

UnleashedDad posted:

This is pretty premature imo. But that was an absolute dogshit response Cena gave, good lord.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I feel like Orton gave what would have been the best response for any top-level WWE guy so far, but it falls flat because it's Orton saying it.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

KungFu Grip posted:

Brock, Cena and current WWE color commentator Pat McAfee

You're in here with us, Pat!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Cena's just telling the truth he saw nothing this is a shock and Vince I'd a father to him.

Unrelated entirely, in the same interview he declared he had never ever touched a steroid or growth hormone.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Ashley's daughter

https://twitter.com/alexaiswell/status/1760145065538711907?s=46&t=9R2AdW-FYVa02hACqXevFw

https://twitter.com/alexaiswell/status/1760153742685438236?s=46&t=9R2AdW-FYVa02hACqXevFw

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

This sounds a lot like kanye's recent hitler tour

https://x.com/brandonthurston/status/1760342858488266931

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

for gently caress's sake watch the goddamn video first before you go off